Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 989133 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3480 on: August 23, 2019, 12:35:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Some supplies for the dream girl board:

Boserio Mini Super Juice - 55mm (with help from the wheel thread)

HKD - Abec 7

Ace Tool (very stoked on this)

[close]

They really should have put the Allen & Phillips heads the other way around on that Ace tool. Makes no sense for them to be this way IMO. Other than that it seems pretty cool.
Agree, but I’ve found out via Slap that many people actually prefer phillips over allen😳 I have bought few skate tools that were useless as I don’t fuck with phillips.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3481 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Boserio Mini Super Juice - 55mm (with help from the wheel thread)

HKD - Abec 7

Ace Tool (very stoked on this)

[close]

They really should have put the Allen & Phillips heads the other way around on that Ace tool. Makes no sense for them to be this way IMO. Other than that it seems pretty cool.
[close]
Agree, but I’ve found out via Slap that many people actually prefer phillips over allen😳 I have bought few skate tools that were useless as I don’t fuck with phillips.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would like to have Phillips heads on their hardware but it happens. Still the design IMO is bad as with Allen you don’t need to press down at all like you do with Phillips. With Allen you just need to counteract the spinning from twisting the nut which is easier with a longer lever. Pressing down on the Phillips head is easier with a longer shaft that doesn’t have a long lever at the end.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3482 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:48 AM »
Thinking about pulling the trigger on the 112, finally the price dropped here. Any comments?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3483 on: August 23, 2019, 01:56:48 PM »
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would like to have Phillips heads on their hardware but it happens.

Maybe because you can directly use an electric screwdriver to be lazy/save time ? I don't know if you can use such tool with an Allen head?

drewdown

• Rep: -28
« Reply #3484 on: August 23, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
i just got the first edition Western Edition 'Painted Ladies' from FTC.  I had the latest one but always preferred the colors on the original set.   Same set some jabroni is trying to sell for $10k on Ebay, I paid $500 2 weeks ago deadstock from FTC. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Edition-Victorian-Set-Skateboard-Decks-Limited-Edition-San-Francisco-FTC/112483425931?hash=item1a3088de8b:g:LuUAAOSwFJBZQy3o

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #3485 on: August 23, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »
Got those white AVE’s for $80. Also picked up the Levi’s skate “work pants.” They’re nice.

baggy spandex

« Reply #3486 on: August 23, 2019, 07:49:07 PM »
Got those white AVE’s for $80. Also picked up the Levi’s skate “work pants.” They’re nice.

Where’d you find them for $80? Jealous

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3487 on: August 23, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »
Got those white AVE’s for $80.
Same here but 95€... At least little cheaper than the usual 115€ that they're charging for them in Europe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #3488 on: August 24, 2019, 02:11:10 AM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3489 on: August 24, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
Those glow in the dark right?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #3490 on: August 24, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where’d you find them for $80? Jealous
Daddies with their constant 20% off.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3491 on: August 26, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would like to have Phillips heads on their hardware but it happens. Still the design IMO is bad as with Allen you don’t need to press down at all like you do with Phillips. With Allen you just need to counteract the spinning from twisting the nut which is easier with a longer lever. Pressing down on the Phillips head is easier with a longer shaft that doesn’t have a long lever at the end.

I've been skating phillips for the last year. Only because in my case they were cheaper.

It was a tough pill to swallow but I don't notice it anymore.

See what you mean about the tool, though. Doesn't bother me any (yet).

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #3492 on: August 27, 2019, 12:04:59 AM »
Some TNT AP and a Sour kidney bag.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #3493 on: August 27, 2019, 05:23:18 AM »
Just ordered some OJ Keyframes for my cruiser board. I'm typically a Spitfire purist, but their cruiser wheels make it really hard to even ollie up a curb so I'm excited to give these a try.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #3494 on: August 27, 2019, 06:01:14 AM »
Got these for $33 shipped off the DC site. Been wanting to try out the legacies and skate an all white shoe again

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #3495 on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
Got these for $33 shipped off the DC site. Been wanting to try out the legacies and skate an all white shoe again

They take a min to break in but I love em

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3496 on: August 27, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »

Just got this P9 shaped Polar x Iggy deck. I haven't skated a shaped board since they were all that was available so I'm excited to try it. It's going to be a few weeks because there's still life in my current deck.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3497 on: August 27, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
Another DVD purchase, stoked on this one!

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #3498 on: August 27, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »

Cardiel 9.18
Gonz 9.8
55mm 99a F4 Tablets
56mm 99a OG Classics

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #3499 on: August 27, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »
Another DVD purchase, stoked on this one!

Wow that's an amazing purchase, still watch that video every week.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3500 on: August 27, 2019, 06:36:20 PM »
Also decided to pull the trigger on some Reynold's G6 since all the vans rumors are going around. Definitely a really comfy and snug shoe but a lot thicker than what I'm used to skating.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3501 on: August 27, 2019, 08:46:35 PM »

Cardiel 9.18
Gonz 9.8
55mm 99a F4 Tablets
56mm 99a OG Classics

AH hasn't really stoked me out in a while but that Cardiel board is a thing of beauty!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #3502 on: August 28, 2019, 04:01:43 PM »
Been buying a lot of skate dvd's lately, been getting kind of obsessed. Saw this one and didn't even second guess it. Its been so hard to come across this one nowadays.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #3503 on: August 28, 2019, 04:12:13 PM »
I took advantage of the Primitive $20 mystery boards. I have a bunch of cash-back rewards on my credit card that I never use, so it's as if Discover bought me the boards. They sent 3 Dragonball Z themed decks that I'll cover with spraypaint. At least they didn't send me Pickle Rick boards

fuck you bama

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3504 on: August 28, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
I took advantage of the Primitive $20 mystery boards. I have a bunch of cash-back rewards on my credit card that I never use, so it's as if Discover bought me the boards. They sent 3 Dragonball Z themed decks that I'll cover with spraypaint. At least they didn't send me Pickle Rick boards

Ugghhhh I ordered 3 too. Hoping for no dragon ball z bullshit but highly doubt that’s going to happen. What size did you get?

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #3505 on: August 28, 2019, 04:28:31 PM »
They're all 8x32. The shapes are good, and the graphics are printed on Generator boards, so they'll be fine. A little paint and I'll forget about the graphics
fuck you bama

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3506 on: August 28, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Ugghhhh I ordered 3 too. Hoping for no dragon ball z bullshit but highly doubt that’s going to happen. What size did you get?
I don't understand caring enough to do anything other than just setting it up and skating it.
That's some kooky shit.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #3507 on: August 28, 2019, 05:04:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I don't understand caring enough to do anything other than just setting it up and skating it.
That's some kooky shit.
Yea I don’t get it either. It’s not the last skateboard you’re ever going to ride. But do whatever you want, it’s your shit.

I got those white aves. I really like them. There is no reason this shoe should cost $100 though.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3508 on: August 30, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »

and

europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal