Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720259 times)

Anxiety

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5670 on: February 05, 2024, 05:01:34 PM »
Call me Borat cause these are very nice

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5671 on: February 21, 2024, 09:35:11 AM »
Spitfire getting into the denim game  :o

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #5672 on: February 21, 2024, 05:28:40 PM »
Just dropping in to say I love my F4 conical fulls in 52mm. I wanted to get some Classics but they didn’t have them, so grabbed the conical fulls. I found myself just skating around the park faster than I normally would(but felt comfy), hitting random stuff and kinda carving around. So, somehow, a fatter wheel has made skateboarding a little more fun for me.
Bye now.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #5673 on: February 21, 2024, 06:17:26 PM »
Just dropping in to say I love my F4 conical fulls in 52mm. I wanted to get some Classics but they didn’t have them, so grabbed the conical fulls. I found myself just skating around the park faster than I normally would(but felt comfy), hitting random stuff and kinda carving around. So, somehow, a fatter wheel has made skateboarding a little more fun for me.
Bye now.

The best wheel. It’s all I’ve been riding for a couple years. I flirted with radials and classics but 52 conical full just feels perfect

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #5674 on: February 21, 2024, 06:23:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Bye now.
[close]

The best wheel. It’s all I’ve been riding for a couple years. I flirted with radials and classics but 52 conical full just feels perfect

i loved my 52 conical fulls (101s even).
but. i hated 54 conical fulls.
54 classics, love those.
the narrower shape of classics makes them flip/scoop etc etc better, for me.
something about the larger conical fulls (56 is the biggest i tried), i just couldn’t scoop those for shit.

blah blah blah.
classics are the best for me, but smaller/wider wheels are fun too.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5675 on: February 21, 2024, 06:57:19 PM »
52mm Conicals suffice in lieu of Radial Slims **SHAKES FIST AT THE SKY**

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #5676 on: February 21, 2024, 08:06:38 PM »
Holy fuck, you guys. You’re NOT helping my madness right now. For some inane, obtuse, and debilitating reason, I got the equally inane idea that I should try 52mm wheels again this afternoon. I’ve been down this road many times before, and it only ends in despair, disappointment, and frustration. “But no! This time I’ll try something other than a 52mm Classic! That will work, right?!!” Then I log on here and see all this banter about 52mm Full Connies. Great. Just great.  Fuck all y’all right now! ;)
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5677 on: February 21, 2024, 11:57:53 PM »
Holy fuck, you guys. You’re NOT helping my madness right now. For some inane, obtuse, and debilitating reason, I got the equally inane idea that I should try 52mm wheels again this afternoon. I’ve been down this road many times before, and it only ends in despair, disappointment, and frustration. “But no! This time I’ll try something other than a 52mm Classic! That will work, right?!!” Then I log on here and see all this banter about 52mm Full Connies. Great. Just great.  Fuck all y’all right now! ;)
Can't express how much I loved this post.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #5678 on: February 22, 2024, 02:43:43 AM »

The 52 mm Conical Ful wheels would work perfectly on the Venture trucks on that other 8.5 deck, wouldn't they???

Sorry that was too easy, but I actually have that combo set up too and two other people swear by that combination.

I like Conical Full shaped wheels in smaller sizes, with the 52 or 53 mm size working nicely on smaller stuff / more tech setups, but I know others swear by them in 54 mm in any situation too.  Anything over 54 mm and they just feel too big and bulky for me, but when I round them down a lot, they work well on the bigger boards with wider trucks and look more proportionate.

Just down to what you are used to and what you want out of a wheel.

Gotta say I still like Classics a lot too, but more so when they have worn down a few mm from bigger sizes, eg 56 down to 53 is perfect for me.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5679 on: February 22, 2024, 07:12:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The 52 mm Conical Ful wheels would work perfectly on the Venture trucks on that other 8.5 deck, wouldn't they???

Sorry that was too easy, but I actually have that combo set up too and two other people swear by that combination.

I like Conical Full shaped wheels in smaller sizes, with the 52 or 53 mm size working nicely on smaller stuff / more tech setups, but I know others swear by them in 54 mm in any situation too.  Anything over 54 mm and they just feel too big and bulky for me, but when I round them down a lot, they work well on the bigger boards with wider trucks and look more proportionate.

Gotta say I still like Classics a lot too, but more so when they have worn down a few mm from bigger sizes, eg 56 down to 53 is perfect for me.

I hate the look of big fat wide wheels. It's full-on Monster Truck absurdity. And clunky, too. I'm actually in the throes of an "episode" of wheel madness right now. Conicals. Radials. Classics. And I hate looking at my board with the Conicals and Radials on it. The wide riding surface does ride a bit smoother, though. Mixed feelings on straighter-cut profiles. Def locks-in better on some things (which I both like and hate), but I don't like the way they just ride, it's like they are the wheel equivalent of tight-trucks (e.g. board feels too "tight" on a side-to-side feel, esp. when any flip trick/revert/slide gets involved). They Radials are a good compromise between Conicals and Classics, but the size is still just a bit clunky to me. Imagine if they made something like a...Radial Slim. :)

54mm starts to Ghost Pop on my 8.25 (love them on my 8.75, though). 52mm starts to feel too slow and low (only had 52mm Classics, though). 53mm just seems perfect. Also, am I really being that much of a princess over 1mm +/-? Apparently.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5680 on: February 22, 2024, 07:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have found regular (non full) radials in your preferred size starts out like a worn down classic of a bigger size, in case you want that feeling from the get go.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5681 on: February 22, 2024, 07:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hate the look of big fat wide wheels. It's full-on Monster Truck absurdity. And clunky, too. I'm actually in the throes of an "episode" of wheel madness right now. Conicals. Radials. Classics. And I hate looking at my board with the Conicals and Radials on it. The wide riding surface does ride a bit smoother, though. Mixed feelings on straighter-cut profiles. Def locks-in better on some things (which I both like and hate), but I don't like the way they just ride, it's like they are the wheel equivalent of tight-trucks (e.g. board feels too "tight" on a side-to-side feel, esp. when any flip trick/revert/slide gets involved). They Radials are a good compromise between Conicals and Classics, but the size is still just a bit clunky to me. Imagine if they made something like a...Radial Slim. :)

54mm starts to Ghost Pop on my 8.25 (love them on my 8.75, though). 52mm starts to feel too slow and low (only had 52mm Classics, though). 53mm just seems perfect. Also, am I really being that much of a princess over 1mm +/-? Apparently.

fat wheels look stupid.

classics look cool.
(60mm fat classics….look cool).

ghost pop doesn’t get me (nollie tre fling attempts notwithstanding), until about 56. but i dramatically prefer the flippery on 50s, but i, also dramatically, do not prefer the rolling capacity of a sub 52mm wheel.
none of it matters, i haven’t been landing shit. my wheels could be triangles rn and it wouldn’t change a thing.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5682 on: February 22, 2024, 07:44:06 AM »
...(nollie tre fling attempts notwithstanding)...

The ultimate ghost pop trick. People who actually pop these are doing them...wrong.

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #5683 on: February 22, 2024, 08:46:05 AM »
I don't know, it somehow kinda seems like my feet become sore quicker with wide, conical wheels. They feel kinda heavier and clunkier and I feel like gravity affects me more than with slimmer wheels. Am I just mad?

And bring back the f*cking Radial Slim already, please.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5684 on: February 22, 2024, 01:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I have found regular (non full) radials in your preferred size starts out like a worn down classic of a bigger size, in case you want that feeling from the get go.

Yeah I definitely have a good number of various sized Radial shaped wheels around.

They are the nice middle ground between Classics and everything else and I can put them on and not have to do anything at all to them and they skate just fine, usually 53, 54, 55, 56 mm sizes, but I also have a set each of the 57, special 57.7 which are really just 58 somewhere here too, just in case someone wants a bigger wider wheel that is not a really full shape.

More often than not I am mixing and matching between old returned wheels I reshape - Conical Full 54 mm in particular - which come up really well with more rounded edges in about the 52 to 53 mm size, but if I did have only new wheels, I think Radial would be the shape right from go in 53 to 54 mm for everything.

That's my wheel shape madness.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5685 on: February 22, 2024, 02:06:55 PM »
Spitfire getting into the denim game  :o

Spit and like Venture Thrasher and Orchard are really all I've worn for soft goods since my 20s.
Anything that said East on it I was buying it back then. My all-time favorite was a hammer and sickle Volcom shirt. I wore it for like a decade.
I got my vintage Think shirt and a Big East wheels shirt still.

Spit I feel is the Top shit. No sweatshirt in skatebloarding has been made this year that can top that Olive Swirl. I'm definitely copping one.

I feel like I have to. The joy I've received from my two recent 97a purchases can't be put into words really. I need a new Thrasher X Venture beanie. Mine should be retired soon.

I have had Hopps stuff not long ago. I like that stuff. Id rock FTP and Adored shirts if I see um.
Id be really stoked for a black zip up FTP hoodie. That would kill. I can't wait to see who they X with in the future. What a great looking brand.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5686 on: February 22, 2024, 04:21:24 PM »
Expand Quote
...(nollie tre fling attempts notwithstanding)...
[close]

The ultimate ghost pop trick. People who actually pop these are doing them...wrong.

i haven’t gotten a good one in like a decade, and i go a looooong time without thinking about them. but my last attempts were so heinous….

Obijuan91

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5687 on: February 26, 2024, 04:52:41 PM »
are the f4 classics always so yellow fresh out of the packaging? Got som semi fresh handmi downs a while back and the logo was damn near still intact but the wheel was already so yellow

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5688 on: February 26, 2024, 06:33:00 PM »
I don’t know if many of you guys follow 144p here on Instagram.

But some lower duro F4s have been popping up, 93d in a radial shape. Sounds interesting for a crust beater

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5689 on: February 27, 2024, 01:22:51 AM »
are the f4 classics always so yellow fresh out of the packaging? Got som semi fresh handmi downs a while back and the logo was damn near still intact but the wheel was already so yellow

Idk if it's because they are 97 but both of my recent sets are still white as rice.
One of my older 99a wheels stayed whit up until recently. They're.issing like 8mmm too.
I think it just varies case to case
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5690 on: February 27, 2024, 01:25:31 AM »

But some lower duro F4s have been popping up, 93d in a radial shape. Sounds interesting for a crust beater

I'm happy with my 97s but im so down to try um
(A)pl(E)

smg1138

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5691 on: February 27, 2024, 01:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Idk if it's because they are 97 but both of my recent sets are still white as rice.
One of my older 99a wheels stayed whit up until recently. They're.issing like 8mmm too.
I think it just varies case to case

I always felt like the harder Spitfire F4's had more of a yellow tint than the softer ones. Not sure if I'm just imaging that though.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5692 on: February 27, 2024, 04:53:29 PM »

I hadn't seen anything, but I am often not in the right place at the right time either, as far as these things.

Rad if they do bring out a few other options, because I think there is a market for them.

onkalo

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5693 on: February 27, 2024, 05:16:50 PM »
95a f4 classic fulls would be dope

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5694 on: February 27, 2024, 07:42:04 PM »
I just realized that the OG classic is the old Ground Round wheel from i think 89?
(A)pl(E)

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5695 on: February 28, 2024, 04:44:37 AM »

def interested to see how a 93d spitfire is and in comparison to dragons

rikki

• Rep: 299
« Reply #5696 on: February 28, 2024, 07:27:41 AM »

Source? Nothing about this on any Spitfire channel, nor did I find anything about this upon searching the innerwebz.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5697 on: February 28, 2024, 10:49:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Source? Nothing about this on any Spitfire channel, nor did I find anything about this upon searching the innerwebz.

It says right there, I saw all around good guy @144p post up a sample set, on Instagram. Kept it vague in case he wasn’t meant to do so yet.

Obijuan91

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5698 on: February 28, 2024, 11:50:36 AM »
I feel I seen the other shapes hold up their color but the classics always seem nasty ass yellow. Would like a bigger size maybe stay more white like a 54mm? Cuz I know the harder duro is supposed to stay whiter tho

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5699 on: February 28, 2024, 07:27:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It says right there, I saw all around good guy @144p post up a sample set, on Instagram. Kept it vague in case he wasn’t meant to do so yet.

A while back now Andrew Reynolds posted in his story, 95 duro F4 wheels to try.  Never heard anything more from that but someone screenshot it and it is back somewhere in here too.

They are definitely out there and people, pro or shop guys alike usually get some to try and give feedback so they can adjust or fine tune them before anything actually comes out.

This was the post:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg4018694;topicseen#msg4018694

Sidenote: I saw this reynolds story a few weeks ago and just thought of it now. I wonder if Spitfire is brewing a response.

I feel I seen the other shapes hold up their color but the classics always seem nasty ass yellow. Would like a bigger size maybe stay more white like a 54mm? Cuz I know the harder duro is supposed to stay whiter tho

I think it is just down to age of wheels, more than certain batches, even though that does seem to have some part to play in it too, looking back at some wheels I have, but more than anything, urethane cures / colours when under uv light, so in a shop cabinet or just out in the sun for longer means that they will be more yellow than some other wheels too.

Keeping wheels out of direct light, or in a dark place means they tend to keep their pale colour longer, but looking at some different wheels, more recent sets that have come out appear a lot lighter in colour, compared to some of the earlier wheels, even from a year or so ago, from new.

The more additives, the more likely they will stay lighter, more pure urethane, more likely they will yellow or colour up too.