Author Topic: Swim Skateboards (Terp and Plunkett)  (Read 13681 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 104
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: Swim Skateboards (Terp and Plunkett)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2023, 12:36:52 PM »
Does anyone here remember a part (i think for sm) where Plunkett skated to Zombie, by the Cranberries? I think it got scrubbed from youtube but i used to watch that all the time to get stoked to skate. I wish it was still around. Felt like his best part to me.

Are you thinking of Dan Drehobl?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone here remember a part (i think for sm) where Plunkett skated to Zombie, by the Cranberries? I think it got scrubbed from youtube but i used to watch that all the time to get stoked to skate. I wish it was still around. Felt like his best part to me.
[close]

Are you thinking of Dan Drehobl?

No definitely not

Curbyourenthusiasm

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2023, 03:44:55 PM »
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=87387.0

I found a thread about it just to prove to myself I'm not crazy. But the video was on hellaclips so I don't think it's around anymore. Damn shame.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2023, 03:52:01 PM »

I found a thread about it just to prove to myself I'm not crazy. But the video was on hellaclips so I don't think it's around anymore. Damn shame.

five minutes of googling.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Please poach Koston.
[close]

please don't listen to this guy

Curbyourenthusiasm

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2023, 04:12:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

five minutes of googling.

Bless you for that. I went really deep and it didn't come up🤷‍♂️

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2023, 03:34:34 AM »
Rode my buddy's 8.25. Board felt great but shape was too square for my liking. I back it though.

I’ve been kinda curious if they are as flat as the LePossum boards that same dude makes.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 99
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2023, 10:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Rode my buddy's 8.25. Board felt great but shape was too square for my liking. I back it though.
[close]

I’ve been kinda curious if they are as flat as the LePossum boards that same dude makes.
Last time I saw Justin he was working on a new deeper concave.
Cocteau Twins

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Free Max B
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2023, 02:25:02 AM »
Someone here knows what happened w terp and FA. Spill the tea!!! we all want to know
Where is Honeyisland? He even come around here anymore?

All I know is those white quilted leather blue swoosh blazer mids are probably the best shoes Nike put out this year. And they went down to like $59 shipped on the non-hypebeast nike app. Too bad they put Kostons name on the heel instead of nike. But that’s why they hit the sale bin and can still be found under retail.

Someone Who Isn’t Me skates 100% already sponsors koston, or at the very least he has asked. Koston asking dill to put him on the team while dill smokes a cig inside somewhere, looks at koston and says “I’ll give you boards, but the team is for kids maaaan” is one of the funnier things to come out of FA existing.

Was he also listed in that palace ad listing people that asked to ride for palace (including dill before playing his last card and whoring out his Tshirt company that very rarely made tshirts.FA pre 2013 was a much different thing. Oddly the only people I ever saw wearing it besides dill were Kanye and Spanky.) then said “we’re looking for someone more like Tony Ferguson.” That shit was sick.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2023, 08:46:45 AM »
Was it already discussed here that John Fitzgerald also left the FA camp for Swim?
https://njskateshop.com/collections/new/products/swim-john-fitzgerald-beholden

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2023, 08:49:00 AM »
Was it already discussed here that John Fitzgerald also left the FA camp for Swim?
https://njskateshop.com/collections/new/products/swim-john-fitzgerald-beholden

Guest board

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »

In my books this is THE Dan Plunkett part.
I can't believe I hadn't seen this! Was already super hyped that there's an old Dan Plunkett part I hadn't seen before and got even more stoked when I saw he skated to to Approach to Danger. Thanks for posting this!

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2023, 09:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone here knows what happened w terp and FA. Spill the tea!!! we all want to know
[close]
Where is Honeyisland? He even come around here anymore?

All I know is those white quilted leather blue swoosh blazer mids are probably the best shoes Nike put out this year. And they went down to like $59 shipped on the non-hypebeast nike app. Too bad they put Kostons name on the heel instead of nike. But that’s why they hit the sale bin and can still be found under retail.

Someone Who Isn’t Me skates 100% already sponsors koston, or at the very least he has asked. Koston asking dill to put him on the team while dill smokes a cig inside somewhere, looks at koston and says “I’ll give you boards, but the team is for kids maaaan” is one of the funnier things to come out of FA existing.

Was he also listed in that palace ad listing people that asked to ride for palace (including dill before playing his last card and whoring out his Tshirt company that very rarely made tshirts.FA pre 2013 was a much different thing. Oddly the only people I ever saw wearing it besides dill were Kanye and Spanky.) then said “we’re looking for someone more like Tony Ferguson.” That shit was sick.

Free max b
was wondering this the other day. dude was the only person who really had their ear to the industry and was a credible source for rumor confirmations

come back @honeyisland youre our only hope
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2023, 11:55:31 AM »

Sidenote: The Cranberries rule! They made great music and everyone in that thread hating on the song is objectively wrong. Whether it meshes with a skate video depends. Zombie is a killer track!

Plunkett seems like the dude that has unassuming taste, as in: run of the mill, skater's skater BUT his music, side passions, interests are all tasteful. Like there's something going on beyond skating in life for him. Some pros nowadays, skating is their only thing and they don't know how to be a human in other facets of life: music, artn, work, hobbies, passions, etc.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 152
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2023, 02:21:35 PM »
First run of product looks phenomenal. Heavy Neil Blender vibes on the Dan Plunkett graphic and cruiser.

Banned from the room

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2023, 09:03:24 PM »
That switch tre was crazy nice. Plunket has incredible style. He's from Virginia isn't he?

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2023, 07:19:39 AM »
Plunkettt has magic abilities for sure I saw him in the wild skating solo once and it confirmed it from the 2 minutes I got to watch

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2023, 08:34:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sidenote: The Cranberries rule! They made great music and everyone in that thread hating on the song is objectively wrong. Whether it meshes with a skate video depends. Zombie is a killer track!

I always thought someone should skate to "When You're Gone"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2023, 02:33:58 PM »
Plunkett on Talkin’ Schmit . Swim talk at 34:45

https://youtu.be/r043Fgt05Wg?si=S5FCZUPm7g8SAlkG
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 04:35:37 PM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 1
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2023, 05:14:43 PM »
Pretty cool it’s an internet reference to Erowid days of not wanting to identity  yourself as the one that did cocaine, ecstasy and a boner pill at the same time on a forum chat.

“Swim” or Someone who isn’t me.
Icehead

shockpadsandwristguards

• Rep: -254
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2023, 11:09:38 PM »
Bullshit company and you guys love it and hate king because you're racist

Its the same damn thing

Why dont you open a new thread abou "still trust in terp?" After him not dropping any footage for YEARS

Also those graphics are damn uninspired and ABD by 37266384 other companies but aye its some middle aged white dudes dressing like lumberjacks so we have to support

Foh

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2023, 01:33:59 AM »

In my books this is THE Dan Plunkett part.

Absolutely not related, but Tyler Pacheco looks so much like him (the hand gestures before the tricks, not to mention the tricks themselves).

sk84gay

• Rep: -24
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2023, 08:30:47 AM »

Its the same damn thing

Why dont you open a new thread abou "still trust in terp?" After him not dropping any footage for YEARS

Also those graphics are damn uninspired and ABD by 37266384 other companies but aye its some middle aged white dudes dressing like lumberjacks so we have to support

Foh

Who hurt you?

QixHexagon

• Rep: 31
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2023, 02:05:23 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already:

quackquack

• Rep: -431
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2023, 02:28:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Please poach Koston.
[close]

please don't listen to this guy

Where is FuckThatDude at?
Oh, the places you'll go.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2023, 02:34:41 PM »

Its the same damn thing

Foh

Swim’s been a company for 10 minutes and they’ve already put out more footy than King has in a year.

Banned from the room

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2023, 05:14:24 PM »
Final approach the danger.

King and Swim are apple and oranges.

Totally different types of skatebloarding yo.

And for your information it's impossible to be racist against white people. They are the system.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2023, 05:28:49 PM »

Its the same damn thing

Foh

Although I might be biased because I live in Ohio currently and have been spending some serious time in Cleveland..

Swims graphics may not be the most oRiGiNaL board graphics out there, but at least there is someone who sitting down and drawing/painting/creating the actual graphics and not just spending 3-5 seconds googling different Kings and copy and pasting graphics from Wikipedia into the middle of a board and calling it a day.

The people running board companies should be passionate about that shit. I’m a fucking dork, but I’ve daydreamed probably 15 years worth of board graphics and what not over the last 23 years of skateboarding… because this shit means a lot to me haha. I don’t understand the mindset to leave a company with a defined (albeit corny) vision to start your own company, seemingly devoid of vision, image, or plan.

Having a board company that is a labor of love that doesn’t connect with 100% of the skateboarders out there is better than a lazy company that seems like an after thought. People get board graphics tattooed on them. This shit matters to people and it should at the very least matter to you if it’s your company.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2023, 04:55:36 AM »

Its the same damn thing

Foh

Terp has been of sponsor for a while now, different situation. Tho I am more than fine with the Kader output, his adidas part was amazing, I trust him and people scrutinizing him are fucking dumbass

As for King, how can you compare the expectation that people have for the new brand of Tyshawn (one of the goat, adidas, 2 SOTY, Supreme) and two underground skaters starting a small brand (one was nowhere and the other was skating for skate mental lol) . It's like a new star wars franchise and a small indie flick. OF COURSE people expect big things from the first

also

this was nice
check my music

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • Get bent
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2023, 05:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Its the same damn thing

Foh
[close]

Terp has been of sponsor for a while now, different situation. Tho I am more than fine with the Kader output, his adidas part was amazing, I trust him and people scrutinizing him are fucking dumbass

As for King, how can you compare the expectation that people have for the new brand of Tyshawn (one of the goat, adidas, 2 SOTY, Supreme) and two underground skaters starting a small brand (one was nowhere and the other was skating for skate mental lol) . It's like a new star wars franchise and a small indie flick. OF COURSE people expect big things from the first

also

this was nice

Right? I did not get the comparison, it’s like people here in Texas comparing whataburger and in-n-out, two completely different burgers, shouldn’t even be in the same sentence together much less in a side by side, I do feel like a lot of people on here are highly more critical than they are in their normal day to day, and putting some kind of expectations into any board brand is going to inevitably leave you disappointed
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog