Author Topic: Show Me Your Curbs  (Read 56348 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Show Me Your Curbs
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwyGSI7Sbxv/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==
Fixed up this curb yesterday. Gonna rub brick the sidewalk part so I can start doing lip slides

manysnakes

« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2023, 08:01:26 AM »

Nice little curb. It’s an abandoned k mart so it’s nice & quite on this side of the strip mall. Just needs wax and not much.
https://instagram.com/stories/absolutely_americano_/3184731205354276685?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I've got a little baby curb like this, right next to the water. It's completely unchallenging to skate and too low for a lot of tricks, but it's a ton of fun to dick around on and you can enjoy a beautiful sunset while you sHrEd.

sweet son of a bitch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2023, 06:59:05 PM »
Expand Quote

Nice little curb. It’s an abandoned k mart so it’s nice & quite on this side of the strip mall. Just needs wax and not much.
https://instagram.com/stories/absolutely_americano_/3184731205354276685?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
[close]

I've got a little baby curb like this, right next to the water. It's completely unchallenging to skate and too low for a lot of tricks, but it's a ton of fun to dick around on and you can enjoy a beautiful sunset while you sHrEd.
Sounds amazing.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2023, 07:24:51 PM »
Just realized I hadn’t posted my blue light special.

I have a love for small curbs as well. One school that didn’t care if I skated there had a small boy and regulars. Learned a lot of of stuff on that little guy. It helped a bunch getting comfortable doing switch stuff.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #484 on: September 08, 2023, 11:50:01 PM »
technically it's a curb just not sunk into the floor lol. Randomly stumbled across it the other day, think some BMXers built it years ago. Didnt slide for shit even with copious amounts of wax, which then meant coming back a day or two later and scraping as much of the wax off as possible, hitting it with a rub brick for 30 minutes, then 2 coats clear, 2 paint and 2 clear again. slides like a dream.

hit it with the extension, another two blocks. had varying levels of paint and ended up with some pastel miami vice theme ledge lol

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
You re-birthed that place! Guaranteed to be sessioned harder than ever before.
That thing looks absolutely CREAMY! PROPS
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #486 on: September 10, 2023, 11:41:26 PM »

Went to his nice little place for the first time on Saturday. It's super fun to go over the gaps on the left and pretend you're Vov grinding over a vert channel, though I still don't have the balls to try a fakie nosegrind. The curb on the right is a tad high for slappies but perfect for learning new ledge tricks, and it works well as a low manny pad too.
I've got high hopes to make this my street spot for the Winter.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #487 on: September 11, 2023, 01:40:54 AM »
That’s unreal, what a great little spot

F Word

• Rep: 8
« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2023, 05:51:53 PM »

Went to his nice little place for the first time on Saturday. It's super fun to go over the gaps on the left and pretend you're Vov grinding over a vert channel, though I still don't have the balls to try a fakie nosegrind. The curb on the right is a tad high for slappies but perfect for learning new ledge tricks, and it works well as a low manny pad too.
Amazing spot!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2023, 06:12:21 PM »
@cosmicgypsies thats looks fun now that you’ve had your way with it. Just curious as to what the hell bmxers would do on it.

@scab that place looks fun as hell.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2023, 03:23:43 AM »
@cosmicgypsies thats looks fun now that you’ve had your way with it. Just curious as to what the hell bmxers would do on it.

Yeah, does seem a bit low for bmxers but the skate scene in this town is very small, I've asked around and nobody who skates knows who built it, and the only other people I've seen at the spot are bmxers since there's some other terrain around that's more apt for them. Not to derail the thread but we got a couple other bits done in the last week or two; polejam, rail drilled into the floor and a granite bench you can see in the back. Got a kicker built too along with the back wall for a qp and started plotting out for a manny pad, coming along well.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 346
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #491 on: September 22, 2023, 12:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Might fuck around and give it a shot, but the guy didn't seem to be open to discussion. Hope the other guards are more relaxed. I'll stash some emergency food/drinks/beers the next time I'll be going there.
[close]

It’s also possible if you only come around at off-peak hours and are always chill when they ask you to leave that they’ll warm up to you, maybe even leave you alone if they recognize that you’re not wrecking up the place. I hope you get to skate that spot regularly. It sounds nice.
[close]

I'm gonna go with this approach. Might just bring some snacks for them to get 'em through their night shift and hope that'll persuade them. I took some screenshots from a quick video I shot.

The whole place is about 200 meters of smooth concrete and these manny pad/curb combinations. There were bigger curbs in the beginning, as well as this sick downhill curb.

Wow looks so rad! looks like somewhere I could spend several hours

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 346
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #492 on: September 22, 2023, 12:48:38 PM »

This one is cool, is the one on the right lined with metal?

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #493 on: October 03, 2023, 03:31:47 PM »

Found a double sided curb after almost 3 years of searching, even with the slanted 'California red curb' shape. Hit it with the rub brick and laqcuer last weekend and just waxed it up for a quick sesh. The grind is so buttery, it's insane. Slappys feel almost too easy on it, but it's gonna be a fun one to learn some new grinds and combo's on.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #494 on: October 03, 2023, 05:20:01 PM »

Found a double sided curb after almost 3 years of searching, even with the slanted 'California red curb' shape. Hit it with the rub brick and laqcuer last weekend and just waxed it up for a quick sesh. The grind is so buttery, it's insane. Slappys feel almost too easy on it, but it's gonna be a fun one to learn some new grinds and combo's on.

That’s rad. I’m sure you’ve figured it out but in case not, the trick with mellow curbs like that is literally don’t slap into thongs just carve or there a huge probability of over powering and not locking into a grind and getting bodied.
Enjoy it and congrats.
It’s finally starting to cool off here so I can hit the 2 double sider spots I’ve been waiting on. No shade+asphalt+triple digit summer heat= not happening until about this time of year.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #495 on: October 05, 2023, 10:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s rad. I’m sure you’ve figured it out but in case not, the trick with mellow curbs like that is literally don’t slap into thongs just carve or there a huge probability of over powering and not locking into a grind and getting bodied.
Enjoy it and congrats.
It’s finally starting to cool off here so I can hit the 2 double sider spots I’ve been waiting on. No shade+asphalt+triple digit summer heat= not happening until about this time of year.

Yeah, the first try's took some adjusting but the key is to just put less effort into them. On the other hand, it's real easy to get into a feeble on a curb like this, so I might finally get those on lock.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #496 on: October 05, 2023, 07:34:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Enjoy it and congrats.
[close]

Yeah, the first try's took some adjusting but the key is to just put less effort into them. On the other hand, it's real easy to get into a feeble on a curb like this, so I might finally get those on lock.

Back toe heavy a hair behind the pocket and think of coming out of a wall ride for the kick out of them. At least that’s what did it for me. Oh, front heel a little off as well.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #497 on: October 08, 2023, 07:12:10 PM »
New find near my homies house in kittle rock, AR.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: October 10, 2023, 07:38:20 PM »
Shitty screen grab but back of a strip mall and 7 parking spaces long. Should be a non bust was going to brick and paint it red but might just clear since spaces are marked.

Chicos coming through with the double siders.
This is the 4th I’ve found.

jsettle

« Reply #499 on: October 14, 2023, 05:52:50 PM »
Another insta curb edit....trying to do 6 total for 2023.

Curb Clipz 2023 Vol. 5
@curb_junkies @filmtrucks
#curb_junkies
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyZlMG5sFXH/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #500 on: October 15, 2023, 08:02:52 AM »

Curb Clipz 2023 Vol. 5
#curb_junkies

Really entertaining edit, big fan of your skating

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #501 on: October 15, 2023, 08:08:32 AM »

Here's my curb spot at a public park parking lot. There's a ledge on the far side but the parking blocks make getting in/out of stuff a bit tricky. Looks like it'd be good spot for a no comply flip up the ledge if anyone's got that in their bag

Bummer Vacation

• Rep: 12
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2023, 08:33:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That’s rad. I’ve got an abandoned Kmart curb as well. Todays blue light special. Slappys.

I visit Allentown, PA once a year & I found an abandoned KMart out that way with some perfect curbs. KMart may be gone but they continue to give us so much.

jsettle

« Reply #503 on: October 15, 2023, 11:38:28 AM »
Expand Quote

Curb Clipz 2023 Vol. 5
#curb_junkies
[close]

Really entertaining edit, big fan of your skating

Big thanks homie!!!

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #504 on: October 15, 2023, 01:19:45 PM »

My buddy lives next to a bunch of office parks and strip malls and we've been going around rub bricking and bringing a lot of curbs to life. Most recent project here. This thing is really fun and mellow, more of a ride on grind than slappy curb but really fun nonetheless.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2023, 07:09:30 PM »
Been a minute but the curbs still going strong. A little gulf wax and she’s good to go

https://youtube.com/shorts/RaO2VuUi2NM?si=KwFIbHk4XZOW6I6l

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2023, 07:28:11 PM »
Been a minute but the curbs still going strong. A little gulf wax and she’s good to go

https://youtube.com/shorts/RaO2VuUi2NM?si=KwFIbHk4XZOW6I6l
Sick!! Man you got them looking good.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #507 on: November 18, 2023, 04:35:47 AM »

Holy shit that’s fucking gorgeous.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Banned from the room

« Reply #508 on: November 23, 2023, 03:58:45 PM »

Coming soon. It's perfectly. No cracks no gaps no knots. I think someone who skates set it.

I'm going to wax it for like 6 months starting very soon.

I'm going to gap off the kicker and grind the whole damned thing.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: November 23, 2023, 07:58:41 PM »

Coming soon. It's perfectly. No cracks no gaps no knots. I think someone who skates set it.

I'm going to wax it for like 6 months starting very soon.

I'm going to gap off the kicker and grind the whole damned thing.

Damn that looks fun as hell.
Went back to my old curb since I had to go down to Yewba anyway. Don’t know if this is their attempt at skate stopping it or what but it’s still good to go.

Also hit my other yellows they were dry as hell(just goes to show, how you prep a curb matters since the big ones still went after no one skating them for almost a year).

Even scratched out the worlds slowest and shortest front hurricane🥴