Author Topic: Suggestions for a cruiser setup  (Read 2492 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Suggestions for a cruiser setup
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2022, 12:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Step one: polar surf with wheel wells
Step two: 44 ace
Step three: fast as fuck bearings
Step four: some soft wheels 56mm or bigger
/thread
[close]

Surf Jr or the bigger surf? I've been trying to figure out whether I want the surf jr for a long time now...
doesn’t make much difference does it? It’s 8.75 vs 9.0 and I don’t even think the nose got bigger …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

WorkinHardHardware

• Rep: 12
    • Workin' Hard Hardware Etsy Shop avatar image
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2022, 05:08:51 AM »
Got some 80s inspired shaped boards up on sale on my shop right now, would be perfect for a cruiser, peep https://www.etsy.com/shop/workinhardhardware or my insta @workinhardhardware, hand glued and pressed in Tempe, AZ  8)

fakie varial flip

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2022, 07:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Step one: polar surf with wheel wells
Step two: 44 ace
Step three: fast as fuck bearings
Step four: some soft wheels 56mm or bigger
/thread
[close]

Surf Jr or the bigger surf? I've been trying to figure out whether I want the surf jr for a long time now...
[close]
doesn’t make much difference does it? It’s 8.75 vs 9.0 and I don’t even think the nose got bigger …

That was exactly what I was wondering. If there's not much difference, seems like a great crust/cruiser deck since you can fit it on 44s or 149s. I have a wider deck on 169s but it's so cumbersome - guess i'll have to try the surf shape when the snow thaws
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 08:47:27 AM by fakie varial flip »

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
  • Get bent
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2022, 04:43:46 PM »
I’m thinking about a zip zagger, I still want to be able to do kick flips and skate it though, I wanna get a pair of aces for it and a pair of NFGs any recommendations welcomed, I’m not sure what aces would fit, or if I would need risers or what
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2022, 05:23:42 PM »
I’m thinking about a zip zagger, I still want to be able to do kick flips and skate it though, I wanna get a pair of aces for it and a pair of NFGs any recommendations welcomed, I’m not sure what aces would fit, or if I would need risers or what

I got the NFG Vee Cut crust formula wheels and definitely recommend them, but I wish I had gone 56mm instead of 58mm. they're just slightly too big for my flip tricks.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2022, 06:06:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got the NFG Vee Cut crust formula wheels and definitely recommend them, but I wish I had gone 56mm instead of 58mm. they're just slightly too big for my flip tricks.

Those are exactly what I’m thinking I wanna get some 56s, and I’m thinking about getting some 44 aces, I’ve never rode risers on anything my whole life, hopefully I don’t need to with this setup either
You want some queso?”

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2022, 07:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Those are exactly what I’m thinking I wanna get some 56s, and I’m thinking about getting some 44 aces, I’ve never rode risers on anything my whole life, hopefully I don’t need to with this setup either

You may not need to. I’m riding Indy mids with an 1/8” riser which works for me, the aces are higher and with 56s you’ll probably be fine.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2022, 01:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You may not need to. I’m riding Indy mids with an 1/8” riser which works for me, the aces are higher and with 56s you’ll probably be fine.
I have thunder 149s on my Zig zagger and used to have one setup with Indy 149s I think both worked perfect (altho if you find one of those pre made ones they come with thunder 147) wheelbase measure from middle of bolt to middle of bolt 373mm. Then width measured over bolts from nose to tail:204,212,...206,200mm. Hopefully that can help figure out what trucks you want

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2022, 09:27:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I have thunder 149s on my Zig zagger and used to have one setup with Indy 149s I think both worked perfect (altho if you find one of those pre made ones they come with thunder 147) wheelbase measure from middle of bolt to middle of bolt 373mm. Then width measured over bolts from nose to tail:204,212,...206,200mm. Hopefully that can help figure out what trucks you want

Thanks my guy
You want some queso?”

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks my guy

Thanks for the at the bolts measurements! Very helpful.