Author Topic: Tosh.O dissin Rob Dyrdek.  (Read 38331 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Re: Tosh.O dissin Rob Dyrdek.
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
This is Chris Rock:
Typical jokes on typical, er, stereotypes.
On black men v white men.
Black men and white women.
White men and black women.
On women v men.
Rich v poor.
Married v single.

Obviously comedians veer off the path but with most things it becomes formulaic and that's what people expect from them which got them to where they are. But really, If you're trying to sway people into not liking Tosh because you don't like Tosh it's not going to met met to much avail. It's about opinions and taste in comedy. People think different things are scary, sad, gross, etc... Such as I find Tosh funny and you find Chris Rock funny but neither of us are going to change our minds on that. And when it comes to the actual beef between these two guys I could care less honestly - more curiosity than anything on my part.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
^ So which of those was the Marion Barry joke? jackass
The main punchline is a dude sucking a cock through a glory hole calling Tim Tebow gay. Before that its a woman being awful for getting an abortion, and a guy telling an antisemetic joke. The ones that don't try to pull the shock/bigot card and just rely on the humorous situation? A guy missing a throw into a garbage can and another guy accidentally running into somebody carrying food. Before it tries to play the shock card, its pretty clear how uncreative his humor is. The premise does kind of have potential, despite it not being that great, but they don't even deliver on that.
in the end, what is funny to you is what is funny. Its like thinking a chick is hot, whatever gets you off man. Just don't try to feed me the line that she is great to talk to.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
oh, and I'm not trying to sway, I'm just explaining why I think he is an unfunny hack with no genuine creative ability. really, the "unfunny" part is subjective, his lack of creativity is not. You might LOVE Paris Hilton's album, but its still not a very well created selection of music.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:15 PM »
^ So which of those was the Marion Barry joke? jackass
The main punchline is a dude sucking a cock through a glory hole calling Tim Tebow gay. Before that its a woman being awful for getting an abortion, and a guy telling an antisemetic joke. The ones that don't try to pull the shock/bigot card and just rely on the humorous situation? A guy missing a throw into a garbage can and another guy accidentally running into somebody carrying food. Before it tries to play the shock card, its pretty clear how uncreative his humor is. The premise does kind of have potential, despite it not being that great, but they don't even deliver on that.
in the end, what is funny to you is what is funny. Its like thinking a chick is hot, whatever gets you off man. Just don't try to feed me the line that she is great to talk to.

Alright, so it's apparent that you just have a very bad sense of humor. And no one's trying to convince others that she's great to talk to more.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
I guess you forgot how to read for the first sentence of what I typed... You're metaphors are a little extreme but then again it goes back to being your opinion and what's relative to you.

Okay, I get it. You don't like Daniel Tosh - point taken. Cooooool man.

R. D. Pullman

• Rep: -2
  • it'lldo
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »
oh, and I'm not trying to sway, I'm just explaining why I think he is an unfunny hack with no genuine creative ability. really, the "unfunny" part is subjective, his lack of creativity is not. You might LOVE Paris Hilton's album, but its still not a very well created selection of music.
BOOM!

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
This is Chris Rock:
Typical jokes on typical, er, stereotypes.
On black men v white men.
Black men and white women.
White men and black women.
On women v men.
Rich v poor.
Married v single.

Obviously comedians veer off the path but with most things it becomes formulaic and that's what people expect from them which got them to where they are. But really, If you're trying to sway people into not liking Tosh because you don't like Tosh it's not going to met met to much avail. It's about opinions and taste in comedy. People think different things are scary, sad, gross, etc... Such as I find Tosh funny and you find Chris Rock funny but neither of us are going to change our minds on that. And when it comes to the actual beef between these two guys I could care less honestly - more curiosity than anything on my part.
that's like every fucking comedian, you're really reaching dude. but if you genuinely are under the impression that that's true, watch this:
6:02 doesn't consist of any of those things and you'll probably laugh

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »
That shit's classic. Chris Rock is untouchable in terms of his legitimacy as a stand up.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
Yeah, man. Watched it starting from 6:02 and after about 2 minutes I couldn't really take it anymore. I'm not trying to say Chris Rock is horrible he's just not my cup of tea. Popularity doesn't necessarily mean your funny, it just means your funny to most people - if even that. I think about how these Hollywood films nowadays are what make money and how utterly fucking dumb they all are, therefore most people who go to the movies are really fucking dumb.

Hannibal Buress, now that's a guy who's super fucking funny if you ask me.

Pike St

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:41 PM »
Pretty much, comparing Tosh to Chris Rock is ridiculous. Tosh could tell a wenning joke and it wouldn't even be funny. Rob Dyrdek had him beat 10 years ago.

R. D. Pullman

• Rep: -2
  • it'lldo
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
Pretty much, comparing Tosh to Chris Rock is ridiculous. Tosh could tell a wenning joke and it wouldn't even be funny. Rob Dyrdek had him beat 10 years ago.
and someone on here can?

Pike St

« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
and someone on here can?

Good point, you got me there, the Jerky Boys wouldn't even prank call wenning or Tosh

Pike St

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:12 PM »
Rob Dyrdek has this shit on lockdown, Tosh doesn't have a chance at a comeback.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2012, 11:02:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
and someone on here can?
A Wenning joke can tell itself.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Yeah, man. Watched it starting from 6:02 and after about 2 minutes I couldn't really take it anymore. I'm not trying to say Chris Rock is horrible he's just not my cup of tea. Popularity doesn't necessarily mean your funny, it just means your funny to most people - if even that. I think about how these Hollywood films nowadays are what make money and how utterly fucking dumb they all are, therefore most people who go to the movies are really fucking dumb.

why did you bring up popularity? that's cool if you didn't think it was funny, but no where did i, or gipper, use chris rock's popularity as evidence that he's a good comedian, so almost your entire first paragraph was pretty much irrelevant. hannibal buress is pretty funny. i don't bother looking his stuff on my own though cause everything i've seen him in has a couple really good jokes and then a bunch of stale ones. in that clip, he started strong but faded fast.

i'm liking the idea of discussing comedians. mike birbiglia is good.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
hannibal burress is smart... mike birbiglia is funny. hannibal can be funny, but he's not the natural performer that birbiglia is. chris rock and daniel tosh both can be funny, and they can also both rely too heavily on race/sex/arbitrary stereotypes. those two just can't be themselves for an entire set. hannibal and birbiglia are both themselves (in terms of how they relate their subject matter) throughout their entire sets. i'd rather watch comedians like them than daniel tosh or chris rock.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
it's the generalizations...

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »
I'm too drunk to post anything anything besides the first youtube hit, but if we're talking comedians, no one holds a candle to Doug Stanhope.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:52:26 AM by via »

foureyedjim

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2012, 12:54:59 AM »
my favorite is dave chapelle stand up

btw too lazy to find the funnier parts, this is only the first part of a whole show
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:57:24 AM by foureyedjim »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »
Brent butt pushes the envelope about as far as I can stand.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

srsbsnss

• Rep: 10
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2012, 03:15:57 AM »

this

Aziz Ansari is pretty funny also

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:18:47 AM by srsbsnss »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:52 AM »
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

oldmanskater

• Rep: -13
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2012, 08:09:22 AM »
So this in unoriginal? 

and Hannibal Buress is pretty damn funny too.  In fact, he seems a lot like Tosh... extending the joke, joking about the joke, etc. 

and I'm totally backing Doug Stanhope... guy is a cynical genius.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
MY GAY FRIEND DOES NOT FUCK WITH TOSH BECAUSE HE IS A FAGGOT IN REAL LIFE SO I TRUST MY FRIEND ON THIS ONE FUCK TOSH AND DYRDEK FREE MAX B THOUGH

come again
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

pickle jokes and being insecure about dating a white girl? to each their own but i'll take seinfeld over this for the observational comedy and chris rock over this for the race stuff.

and really, the old guy could have been vibing you because he thought you were a kook with a hot chick... but who really gives a shit anyway. it's just some random guy in a grocery store.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2012, 10:50:25 AM »
So this in unoriginal? 

Dude, that shit was hilarious. Gotta be a pretty depressing person to hate on that.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »
^google joke was the only one that was actually funny. referencing jokes is not funny, at least not the way he does it. and he drags out his jokes on way past the point of being funny. and aziz ansari is almost as overhyped as tosh. dude is really not that funny at all, and some of his observations are downright stupid, and not even because of an exaggeration. just plain stupid. how that dude is doing well in comedy is beyond me.

i'd never heard of doug stanhope but that was really good.

can't not post louis ck

i laughed to tears with at this one

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

That is all.

Charles Smith

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
bill hicks was the fuckin truth

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3340
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
This beef has been going on for awhile. I remember seeing a clip from some MTV awards where Tosh was presenting and he threw a diss towards Dyrdek's Ridiculousness

Also, I found this article that I think is several months old...

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=6885248

here's the good part)
Expand Quote
"Ridiculousness," according to MTV, features Dyrdek's unique take on some of today's funniest amateur viral videos and builds them into episodes of edgy, funny and timeless television.

Sounds like "Tosh.0" on Comedy Central, right?

Even Daniel Tosh, who is heading into his fourth season this fall, sees the comparison. On Twitter recently, Tosh said, "Congrats @robdyrdek. new show looks very funny & familiar."

Dyrdek shot back: "Thanks you so much @danieltosh !! Maybe later this week you, @BobSaget and @Tom_Bergeron can come down to my factory and play."

[close]

Didn't realize that Dyrdek was in to four-way fuck fests. Dirty Dyrdek!