Author Topic: Sole Tech to sell to Nidecker Snowboard Group  (Read 699 times)

YMCMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
Sole Tech to sell to Nidecker Snowboard Group
« on: May 24, 2024, 10:38:11 AM »
https://shop-eat-surf.com/2024/05/sole-tech-owner-to-sell-etnies-es-emerica-and-thirtytwo-to-nidecker-group/

Things look pretty dire for the three E brands and ThirtyTwo boots.

Nidecker buys up and consolidates brands in snowboarding pretty frequently.
-They helped start a bunch of weird little niche brands like Yes, Jones, and Slash by Gigi Ruf, and Now bindings.
-Then they bought Flow bindings, Rome snowboards, and Bataleon all long standing brands, which included Balateons offshoots Lobster snowboards, and Switchback bindings.
-Only to then amalgamate a bunch of their brands tech across all sub brands.

I could see Jeremy Jones being super involved in this as his brand Jones has grown the most and they ended up making outerwear and bindings. I could see him leaving his longtime Thirtytwo sponsor which already makes collab Jones boots and just making another offering with STI tech.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sole Tech to sell to Nidecker Snowboard Group
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 10:50:22 AM »
Guess they cant say "skater owned" anymore

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 10:55:50 AM »
Well, that explains everything.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 11:26:36 AM »
Guess they cant say "skater owned" anymore

In the article it shows a pic of them all doing flat ground tricks. Looks like a 360 flip, a kickflip and a shuv. I won’t hold my breath for the footy. Not here to defend them either just pointing it out. I wouldn’t say it’s a bad pr move to show they actually know how to skate a little bit and not just some corpo suits.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 11:39:15 AM »
Just because someone can skate doesn’t mean they can’t be a greedy shit. Example: Mikey Taylor

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 12:54:34 PM »
Anything north of 2 million i'd say your wasting your time

ARealWombat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 01:08:17 PM »
I was just thinking earlier today how fortunate we are to still have a few core shoe brands left... (Etnies, Emerica, Es, Fallen).

Hopefully there's minimal damage here, but I think the only difference it will make is how slow the burn is.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 03:06:31 PM »
Shecks left sole tech not long ago. Seems like his pro model from 2022 didn't do too well. Don't think it was even mentioned here.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 09:35:36 PM »
Shecks left sole tech not long ago. Seems like his pro model from 2022 didn't do too well. Don't think it was even mentioned here.

It was but nobody was that interested. I think that shoe was also like the Marana where it came out as if it was shecks shoe but quickly enough became a team shoe. Only person I ever saw wearing these was some random workout gear ex rugby player looking guy at this supermarket I go to that's next to a gym. (Actually that's same scenario for basically every sole tech shoe I've seen in the last few years)

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 10:12:01 PM »
Anyone think the photo is a make?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: Today at 03:26:42 AM »
Anyone think the photo is a make?
Hell no
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 798
« Reply #12 on: Today at 06:28:44 AM »
Anything north of 2 million i'd say your wasting your time

i hear ya

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 51
« Reply #13 on: Today at 12:24:45 PM »
Interesting article, curious to see what'll happen seeing as the guys say the don't have much experience. Probably not good but maybe it'll be like the fruitful ignorance of 70's record companies

I totally understand Pierre handing over the reigns, being 61 and all, totally deserved. He seems like a good man who did his best, killer on the board as well. Merci Pierre

Dopethrone

• Rep: -21
« Reply #14 on: Today at 12:51:29 PM »
https://shop-eat-surf.com/2024/05/sole-tech-owner-to-sell-etnies-es-emerica-and-thirtytwo-to-nidecker-group/

Things look pretty dire for the three E brands and ThirtyTwo boots.

Nidecker buys up and consolidates brands in snowboarding pretty frequently.
-They helped start a bunch of weird little niche brands like Yes, Jones, and Slash by Gigi Ruf, and Now bindings.
-Then they bought Flow bindings, Rome snowboards, and Bataleon all long standing brands, which included Balateons offshoots Lobster snowboards, and Switchback bindings.
-Only to then amalgamate a bunch of their brands tech across all sub brands.

I could see Jeremy Jones being super involved in this as his brand Jones has grown the most and they ended up making outerwear and bindings. I could see him leaving his longtime Thirtytwo sponsor which already makes collab Jones boots and just making another offering with STI tech.

I think it could be a good thing, Jones, now and yes are all pretty big players in the snowboard world. They also have lobster, Rome, also quite sizeable in the snowboard world.Slash are now no longer under nidecker umbrella.

The nidecker factory is quite big and been making a lot of other brands of boards for a while in UAE I believe.

As for skateboarding, the E brands they've acquired could be good for them as they'll get a lot more funding. At least they're still owned by boarders!