Author Topic: Malaga  (Read 1562 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Malaga
« on: December 22, 2018, 06:31:59 AM »
Hi!
I have a meeting in Malaga in February and the possiblity to go there three days before to skate/vacation. I have been there 10 years ago and even skated for a day, but I dont remember too much.
Have you got any tips regarding:

- Skatespots (Is La Marina still good?)
- Food
- which area is it best to stay in

Maybe there even are some pals who are there and want to skate with me.
Thank you!

truthislie

Re: Malaga
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:27:57 AM »
Bumping this to ask if anyone can help me with some Info on Malaga!

Thank you

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
Last time I've been there was close to two years ago, so pretty much around February as well. I stayed as central as possible, right next to Plaza de la Merced, which is a good hangout spot. You'll meet some Skateboarders there for sure. Weather was always great.

The whole marina area was still skateable, but I never met locals there — some things were a little rugged (the area with bank / wallride), but there aren't too many tourists strolling around as it's going to be off season. The curved ledges along the avenue east of the main plaza and all that stuff should be always good to go.

At the time there was a DIY in the old riverbed which was a really cool hang out spot as it was still pretty central, too, not sure if it's still there, curbs / legdes, flat rails, all built super solid, you'll meet people there. I remember there was also CAC, an arts museum that had some blocks to play with and super perfect flat ground. As the center is pretty small and the ground is always good, you can cruise everywhere in no time, so just discover.

Enjoy, I'm sure you are going to have a great time.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

truthislie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:21:46 PM »
Last time I've been there was close to two years ago, so pretty much around February as well. I stayed as central as possible, right next to Plaza de la Merced, which is a good hangout spot. You'll meet some Skateboarders there for sure. Weather was always great.

The whole marina area was still skateable, but I never met locals there — some things were a little rugged (the area with bank / wallride), but there aren't too many tourists strolling around as it's going to be off season. The curved ledges along the avenue east of the main plaza and all that stuff should be always good to go.

At the time there was a DIY in the old riverbed which was a really cool hang out spot as it was still pretty central, too, not sure if it's still there, curbs / legdes, flat rails, all built super solid, you'll meet people there. I remember there was also CAC, an arts museum that had some blocks to play with and super perfect flat ground. As the center is pretty small and the ground is always good, you can cruise everywhere in no time, so just discover.

Enjoy, I'm sure you are going to have a great time.

Wow, thank you for the long posting. I hope it won´t rain, can´t wait to go!

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:58:45 PM »
I was in a similar position to yours - visiting Malaga for business with weekend off.

I opted for renting a car and doing a short sightseeing tour in nearby area. I wanted to experience the ocean and little bit of Andalusian country side. My overnight stops were at Tarifa and Jimena de la Frontera. Tarifa is a small surfer village with Arabic heritage. During night if the sky is clear, it's possible to see Tangier lights. Walking around in Tarifa I saw some spots and even found a skatepark. 

Next day on my way to Jimena de la Frontera I stopped at Castillo de Castellar - a hilltop fortress which also was a hippy village. Some spectacular views from it, if you manage to visit during golden hours. Driving up and down from it is also fun if you enjoy windy serpentine roads at width of a car.

Not really what you asked for, but I hope it will broaden your view. 

truthislie

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 03:59:01 AM »
I was in a similar position to yours - visiting Malaga for business with weekend off.

I opted for renting a car and doing a short sightseeing tour in nearby area. I wanted to experience the ocean and little bit of Andalusian country side. My overnight stops were at Tarifa and Jimena de la Frontera. Tarifa is a small surfer village with Arabic heritage. During night if the sky is clear, it's possible to see Tangier lights. Walking around in Tarifa I saw some spots and even found a skatepark. 

Next day on my way to Jimena de la Frontera I stopped at Castillo de Castellar - a hilltop fortress which also was a hippy village. Some spectacular views from it, if you manage to visit during golden hours. Driving up and down from it is also fun if you enjoy windy serpentine roads at width of a car.

Not really what you asked for, but I hope it will broaden your view. 

Thank you, but I have already booked my airbnb in the city. Thought about going to Gibraltar but it looks like its not really worth the hassle going down there. Knowing about Castillo de Castellar now I might just try and do both in a  day. Or just stay in the city and skate... let´s see the main thing is that there will be + temperatures :)

supduude

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »
looking for a room in malaga, tough chance but I have to try
3 or 4 months
thanks

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 04:39:55 AM »
Going by the end of May for 2 weeks, I'll take my trucks with me just in case. What's the local skateshop in there?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

nollieboulala

• Rep: 6
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2024, 10:32:17 PM »
Going by the end of May for 2 weeks, I'll take my trucks with me just in case. What's the local skateshop in there?

The shop when I was there was called Griptape but it went out of business unfortunately. The owner Alvaro is awesome though and I’m sure you will still meet him there if you skate around. https://www.instagram.com/riptape_alvaro?igsh=cXI1dzJycHBxdDRq

I loved it there and I was able to live there for a few months a few years ago. The skaters all link at the plaza de Marina in the evenings generally after 7. Fun session with lots of homies, great crew, old and young. They will be able to tell you where to get a board for sure, as there are other shops in the area.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2024, 03:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The shop when I was there was called Griptape but it went out of business unfortunately. The owner Alvaro is awesome though and I’m sure you will still meet him there if you skate around. https://www.instagram.com/riptape_alvaro?igsh=cXI1dzJycHBxdDRq

I loved it there and I was able to live there for a few months a few years ago. The skaters all link at the plaza de Marina in the evenings generally after 7. Fun session with lots of homies, great crew, old and young. They will be able to tell you where to get a board for sure, as there are other shops in the area.
Great stuff, thx man.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.