Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94163 times)

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #360 on: September 22, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »
i think the whole faggy direction skateboarding seems to be trying to take, people trying to be all quaint and stylish, cruising around like fucking fairies, emotionally charged clips of skateboarders dressed stylishly and having a good time, mediocre single tricks on ledges justified by a lean on the land, some kind of intriguing architecture in the background and a sunset.
i know that sounded like a list, but it can all be traced back to the posh skateboarding movement.
i blame the editing in transworld videos.
we need more andy roys and pj ladds.
i hate it when they try exaggerate how much 'fun' they're having. i've seen someone at the skatepark decide to film some 'fun' tricks, took him any tries and he got frustrated.
'we'll try one more, you couldn't see me laugh on the rollaway.'
not a quote but you get the idea
so in other words, you hate it that skateboarding is fun, makes total sense

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #361 on: September 22, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
Expand Quote
i think the whole faggy direction skateboarding seems to be trying to take, people trying to be all quaint and stylish, cruising around like fucking fairies, emotionally charged clips of skateboarders dressed stylishly and having a good time, mediocre single tricks on ledges justified by a lean on the land, some kind of intriguing architecture in the background and a sunset.
i know that sounded like a list, but it can all be traced back to the posh skateboarding movement.
i hate it when they try exaggerate how much 'fun' they're having. i've seen someone at the skatepark decide to film some 'fun' tricks, took him any tries and he got frustrated.
[close]

nah you didn't read what i said. when people film shit like 'look how much fun i'm having.' we all have fun skating, no need to shove it down our throats. like people getting frustrated filming dork tricks.
i have fun skating, but i wanna see tricks, not dudes laughing and bonding in front of a radiant sunset. if they're smiling while they do skate, that's cool, but that's not what videos should be focused on. i think.
fuck it i can't explain myself,
i hate fake styles. shit's weak

lacadasicalfiringsquad

• Rep: 4
« Reply #362 on: September 22, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »

Too many Polish pros who like to wear futuristic selfish motorcycle jackets.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #363 on: September 22, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

nah you didn't read what i said. when people film shit like 'look how much fun i'm having.' we all have fun skating, no need to shove it down our throats. like people getting frustrated filming dork tricks.
i have fun skating, but i wanna see tricks, not dudes laughing and bonding in front of a radiant sunset. if they're smiling while they do skate, that's cool, but that's not what videos should be focused on. i think.
dumb down everything you say to shit like that, and SLAP will be a better place

Seeing a mag cover and some asshole being like "ohh thats abd " like skateboard mag cover 64 BA got this sick looking wallie, and nobody was talking about how sick it was, they were focused on the fact that it was abd

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tura

« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
dumb down everything you say to shit like that, and SLAP will be a better place

Seeing a mag cover and some asshole being like "ohh thats abd " like skateboard mag cover 64 BA got this sick looking wallie, and nobody was talking about how sick it was, they were focused on the fact that it was abd
dope

tura

« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This one might just be me, but kids at parks or spots showing up and trying the most ridiculous/ difficult thing they can think of usually with no chance of landing it. It just seams like I see it more and more, If you cant kickflip on flat, I doubt your fullcab-flip down a set of stairs is happening. If you can barely 50-50 a foot high box without landing all sketched out, you don't need to try to grind up a rail for an hour.
[close]

Never understood that one myself, do they think they will get lucky once and land it? It also leads to getting hurt more because you are trying something you are not way ready to be doing.
[close]

My guess is that they're doing it to try to make it seem like they don't suck to the onlookers.

http://www.psychforums.com/histrionic-personality/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:22:57 AM by tura »

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2011, 06:41:18 AM »
Skate shops becoming boutiques. Fuck that. Give me a ratty couch and a PacMac game.

Also: Golf is fun as shit. Been playing for years. I know Koston has ruined it for people judging from afar, but it's dope. Skateboarding and golf have a lot of similarities. 
You loves you? Megatron.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
Tired of this whole "start smoking weed stop skating" trend. I have no problem with weed, but self control. Too many friends over the past month have hung up the board to smoke. Shits wack and its harder to find people to skate with now.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
I don't like the "ABD" attitude.  Like you're somehow not allowed to do a trick at a certain spot or it's somehow less cool or difficult.  That's just as much a jock thing to say or do as anything else.  Doing something first is always cool, but it doesn't make doing something second or later lame and that is sometimes the attitude I see.
totally, it seems like the only abd that will never get old is hardflipping MACBA

abner bitch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »
posers, gay go to tricks

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -281
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
Minus the skateboarding and skate skill everything else..... no, just no...

That deathwish pic makes me want to punch Greco in the face.

MAD FOE

« Reply #371 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »
Overuse of tre flips.
On the same note, kids trying too hard to front foot catch everything (especially tre's)
Calling krooked grinds "K grinds"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:48:30 AM by MAD FOE »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #372 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
Johan Stuckey

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
1. People acting like they're an "old" skateboarder at the age of 26
2. People resisting Nike/Adidas/Cons because it's cool
3. I've mentioned this in another post at some point in time, BUT PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDERS, not skating that much. I actually think that it's almost a trend among the skateboard elites. Even if you are a true skate rat trying to portray some kind of "I drink everyday, don't put out content, and don't deserve my postion in skateboarding" attitude. i don't I guess that is the worst trend.
MN -> IL

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
kids who idolize pro skateboarders, they are just good at skateboarding. Idolize yourself.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
reading posts from people who started skating in the last 10 or 12 years debating over who/what is "core" or not....and yet here I am again...damn you internet!..........daaaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
All the little kids at the park who try to be cool and have a "fuck you" attitude.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2011, 10:48:07 AM »
3. I've mentioned this in another post at some point in time, BUT PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDERS, not skating that much. I actually think that it's almost a trend among the skateboard elites. Even if you are a true skate rat trying to portray some kind of "I drink everyday, don't put out content, and don't deserve my postion in skateboarding" attitude. i don't I guess that is the worst trend.
there's a kid who lurks the bridge that's 21 or 22, and constantly babbles about how he's getting too old to skate anymore. usually not even realizing that the dudes he's complaining to are in their 30's.

it must suck to be that kid.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
there's a kid who lurks the bridge that's 21 or 22, and constantly babbles about how he's getting too old to skate anymore. usually not even realizing that the dudes he's complaining to are in their 30's.

I am that kid, I already feel like an old fuck.

seewhathappens

• Rep: -4
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2011, 04:47:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

While I definitely don't back this attitude I can certainly understand it. There comes a point when I'm at the park and literally 90% of the kids skating are under the age of 17, usually younger. Not only that, but they're shredding waaaaaayyyyy harder than me. So I can see where the frustration and discontent might come from, but to me that's just part of skateboarding. Kids are getting better at a way earlier age these days.

Jesus-Condom

• Rep: 0
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

While I definitely don't back this attitude I can certainly understand it. There comes a point when I'm at the park and literally 90% of the kids skating are under the age of 17, usually younger. Not only that, but they're shredding waaaaaayyyyy harder than me. So I can see where the frustration and discontent might come from, but to me that's just part of skateboarding. Kids are getting better at a way earlier age these days.

Those kids "shred" because there most likely at the park all the time. Plus dont even let it phase you, half of em will quit skating anyway. I really dont understand why people are afraid of the streets now a days.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:48 PM »
I don't like the "ABD" attitude.  Like you're somehow not allowed to do a trick at a certain spot or it's somehow less cool or difficult.  That's just as much a jock thing to say or do as anything else.  Doing something first is always cool, but it doesn't make doing something second or later lame and that is sometimes the attitude I see.

totally feel you. that and hating on someone for doing an nbd at a spot that's "easier" than something that was already done. collin hale or somebody nollie back heel's carlsbad after furby and i remember that being addressed in the curtains section of a later slap mag essentially saying just cuz someone did the same trick previoulsy doesn't make it any less difficult or awesome.

im probably lying

dankradschwag

« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2011, 10:42:33 PM »
skateboarding industry right now is the worst its ever been ever

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2011, 10:49:06 PM »

im hoping for a collapse in the near future to weed people out

im probably lying

dankradschwag

« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:08 AM »
well there's a lot of little guys out there that are great that definitely might not survive something like that

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #385 on: September 27, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
Slap in a nutshell...

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #386 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what aspect of the industry? too many companies/pros? shitty products? non skateboarders throwing money in and out of it with no shits given about the people invested?

FrenchFuck

« Reply #387 on: September 27, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what aspect of the industry? too many companies/pros? shitty products? non skateboarders throwing money in and out of it with no shits given about the people invested?

The money. It is inevitable. The money goes where the mass of people want it to go. And the mass of people are always wrong , always. Individuals don't strive , they survive on the outskirts. Hustling product , working part time jobs and suffering honestly for their love. The companies today are the most generic shit imaginable. And the ones that stand out as original only do because the others are such shit. All in all it is better to just ignore the profit margin monster called the skateboard industry.

sixpackoftablets

• Rep: -24
  • salut les fuckheadz
« Reply #388 on: September 27, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »
i like FrenchFuck.  give us more wisdom!

Ivor86

• Rep: -1
« Reply #389 on: September 27, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
Janoski wearing, skinny fitted jeans hanging round your ass, 5 panel sporting, penfield jacket, obey t-shirt, listen to screamo hipster faggots! My town is full of kooks like this at the moment!

Also, what the fuck is with the recent trend of skating 60mm filmer wheels at smooth as fuck parks? Seen a few people doing this lately. Idiots.
Kickflip yo dick!