Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94161 times)

Magic Pizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #420 on: September 29, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I do wanna reiterate that I am not against skateparks at all, but the amount of bitching about them just made me wonder why people skate them so much if they hate them so much.  I like skating both and yeah, kids and park moms are annoying, but maybe I have less of an issue with them because I am older.  I will say that I've smacked one of those little 12 year old wannabe hardasses for breaking glass bottles all over a park and I've also told a mother off for getting on my case about plowing her kid over.  I didn't do it intentionally and I made sure he was ok, but she just kept pushing it and saying that I "assaulted" her kid.
[close]
my tech with those kids is to haul ass at them, then just before impact, scoop them up under my arm and run it out. then you gently set them down, and say something like, "whoa little buddy. that almost hurt both of us. maybe you should be a little more careful." it puts the fear of god in them, and nobody has to get hurt.

If you knock the kid over it's just assault, but what you're talking about is kidnapping and child molestation.

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #421 on: September 29, 2011, 05:00:29 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #422 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i get the general idea of this close footing thing but isn't that how most people ride when they aren't setting up for a trick?
[close]

like bombing a hill, or cruising around, for example? i'd say its more like feet on the bolts, or back foot on the tail, and front foot on the front bolts. who bombs hills clicking their heels like dorothy?
[close]

Nah, these dudes will land a trick perfect bolts then jump into the air and reposition both feet in the dead center of their board and limp their wrists.

wow this is what you choose to talk shit on people are getting pretty particular over skateboarding if you ask me

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #423 on: September 30, 2011, 12:58:54 AM »
people asking to ride my board only to see them trying this....

Just doing that in general seems to be a trend.

garrett hill - welcome to threat

HK

• Rep: -2
« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2011, 12:32:26 AM »
whenever a skater has any altercation no matter how small, with security, police or the general public, they have to put it in there skate vid.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #425 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »
Last time I was at a skatepark , about 40 % of the ppl there were kids on scooters , and there were parents everywhere . Seems like skateparks are just daycare or family fun day . Drop the kids off and do what ever you want , or drop them there and spend time with the other parents .

Its getting to be like soccer or hockey practice or something .  Skate parks are also full of kids who cant skate or hold their balance , or do the smallest ollie . Why not stay on a regular street infront of house and learn how to push , keep your balance and learn ollies ?

Just sucks when you go to the park , all the parents are there . some kids running around playing or sitting in places you want to skate , then you got ppl who cant skate in the way , or ppl on scooters , and then you still have to wait your turn among the ppl who actually know how to skate .

Maybe Im just being a bitch ?

Nah I see it too, Monty - it's the truth. You've got the kids pushing mongo and listening to iPods, while the parents don't give a fuck 7 and 8 years old are scooting around the deep end in the pool (8 foot plummet...). There isn't a lot of respect for progression anymore - everyone just wants to be Chad Ortiz out of the box. It's funny - I see people talk about how they didn't skate transition for the first 6 years of boarding on the forum - neither did I! The most transition I saw was rolling off the curb at rite aid - and I had to wax that shitty curb, hah! Kids today have California Skateparks building awesome parks all over NY now, so it's changed things. Sometimes the park does seem like a playpen though - but what can you do - that's progress ya know? I'm grateful for the parks - but I'm just dead inside from all the trends and bullshit - I just wanna skate hard after rotting in my cube all day and get a good sweat on. That's really it. I'm just used to the Rep Tape and superficial shit because we're never going to escape it at this point. Then you see Ludacrooks quit Label...Different times for sure.

skatenyc2012

• Rep: -1
« Reply #426 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:59 PM »
Lil Wayne and his whole skater scene. wack wack wack

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #427 on: October 05, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »
people asking to ride my board only to see them trying this....

Just doing that in general seems to be a trend.

dude didn't even do it right. he cheated, his foot touched. double shame right there.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #428 on: October 06, 2011, 01:39:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im hoping for a collapse in the near future to weed people out
[close]
totally, I wish skateboarding wasn't the cool thing to do
[close]
This elitist attitude is a trend I'm tired of
[close]
i know i'm suck a prick. but c'mon dude half the little kids at the park smoking their little reggie blunts and being generally annoying and terrible wouldn't be there if skating wasn't so bloated. it's not something i dwell on it isn't ruining my time, i like to see that more kids than ever are exposed to and enjoying skateboarding, but there's a bad side to everything...

i'm gonna get off my elitist macbook pro, put on my north face, get in my range rover and go buy a pack of american spirits and some imported draft.? 

jk luv you bye

either that park is there because of how popular skateboarding is right now or skateboarding is popular right now in your area because of the skatepark.  Either way, the city didnt build it just for you.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Useful Idiot

• Rep: 24
« Reply #429 on: October 06, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »
Penny wearing normal clothes.

You loves you? Megatron.

« Reply #430 on: October 06, 2011, 03:57:35 PM »
Penny wearing normal clothes.

since when did this start??

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #431 on: October 06, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »
division among skateboarders.

i feel like its always been there but less and less can i see another skateboarder and know he would be my friend.

marginal way

• Rep: 51
  • making it happen
    • marginal way website avatar image
« Reply #432 on: October 06, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do wanna reiterate that I am not against skateparks at all, but the amount of bitching about them just made me wonder why people skate them so much if they hate them so much.?  I like skating both and yeah, kids and park moms are annoying, but maybe I have less of an issue with them because I am older.?  I will say that I've smacked one of those little 12 year old wannabe hardasses for breaking glass bottles all over a park and I've also told a mother off for getting on my case about plowing her kid over.?  I didn't do it intentionally and I made sure he was ok, but she just kept pushing it and saying that I "assaulted" her kid.
[close]
my tech with those kids is to haul ass at them, then just before impact, scoop them up under my arm and run it out. then you gently set them down, and say something like, "whoa little buddy. that almost hurt both of us. maybe you should be a little more careful." it puts the fear of god in them, and nobody has to get hurt.
[close]

If you knock the kid over it's just assault, but what you're talking about is kidnapping and child molestation.
[close]

man, that's both funny and sad because I could totally see some poor skater going to court for something not too far from that.
i saw a psycho mom call the cops after a friend of mine collided with a kid at a park back home in the midwest about 6 years ago.  it ended up being hilarious when the cop was actually logical and told the mom that she might want to tell her kids to be more careful, since the skatepark is obviously a crowded and dangerous environment for a young kid not paying attention.

it was like being in bizzarro world.
i'm not the official voice of the park, i'm just a guy who skates and works there...
www.marginalwayskatepark.org

twitter- @MWDIY facebook- http://www.facebook.com/mwdiy

ThrillOfItAll

• Rep: -47
  • Stomp It
    • Skate Blog avatar image
« Reply #433 on: October 07, 2011, 07:35:38 AM »
I think parks are rad! We just got our new one and its kickstarted the scene! Ive been in and out of being able to skate this year so flowing round a park has been amazing! whats different to hauling ass on the streets or flowing round a park? Still skateboarding, still a skateboarder!

What is doing my head in is being rated by a game of skate.
Hipster trend styles
them gay tre's people are doing.
Whats worse, if you dont tick all the above, you seem to be less of a skater??

Well im going to watch Misled youth, look like tom penny and ride my kalis bored how i want. Thats skateboarding!
Time To Play The Game

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #434 on: October 07, 2011, 10:21:20 AM »
teasers for skatepark footage.

THIS FRIDAY...

COMING TO A PIXELATED SCREEN NEAR YOU...TUBE..

CHIRS COLE....

SKATES....

INDOORS....

IN CALIFORNIA ON A SUNNY DAY....

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #435 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:15 AM »
Living out in the Jersey Burbs, our street spots are pretty far spread out. Skating from one to another is a huge pain in the ass or you have to drive. Sometimes it's just easier to session the park and get in skating a bunch of shit there. Plus where am I supposed to find street transition in Jersey?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #436 on: October 07, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
People not using The Clan for video parts.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #437 on: October 07, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
People not using The Clan for video parts.

THIS

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Living out in the Jersey Burbs, our street spots are pretty far spread out. Skating from one to another is a huge pain in the ass or you have to drive. Sometimes it's just easier to session the park and get in skating a bunch of shit there. Plus where am I supposed to find street transition in Jersey?
ask Freddy.
@idealhandmades

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #439 on: October 19, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
division among skateboarders.

i feel like its always been there but less and less can i see another skateboarder and know he would be my friend.

Totally feel this...sometimes the scene feels so hollow now-a-days...

I think of the "skater nod"  and how it's kinda passed it's prime with skateboarding everywhere in popular culture...

VictoriousOG

« Reply #440 on: October 19, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
Though its not summer anymore, I hated seeing all the fucking cut offs. Sparest shit ever.

dankradschwag

« Reply #441 on: October 19, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
well dressed skaters

Mad Max

« Reply #442 on: October 19, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
Slo-moed footage of skaters landing their tricks and rolling into dirt or grass and slamming hard like it was so epic.

That and the over reactional post-trick hugging. At first I thought Forrest was a chump for shrugging off the bro love but today I completely understand where he was comming from.

mbquant

« Reply #443 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:05 PM »
Slo-moed footage of skaters landing their tricks and rolling into dirt or grass and slamming hard like it was so epic.

That and the over reactional post-trick hugging. At first I thought Forrest was a chump for shrugging off the bro love but today I completely understand where he was comming from.

Follow that up with some lens spanking for a fully ruined finish.

D.B. Cooper

• Rep: -6
« Reply #444 on: October 19, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »
The rain...its too annoying.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #445 on: October 19, 2011, 05:42:27 PM »
I think parks are rad! We just got our new one and its kickstarted the scene! Ive been in and out of being able to skate this year so flowing round a park has been amazing! whats different to hauling ass on the streets or flowing round a park? Still skateboarding, still a skateboarder!

What is doing my head in is being rated by a game of skate.
Hipster trend styles
them gay tre's people are doing.
Whats worse, if you dont tick all the above, you seem to be less of a skater??

Well im going to watch Misled youth, look like tom penny and ride my kalis bored how i want. Thats skateboarding!
you're new here, aren't you

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #446 on: October 19, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »
weed

oldgoodburger

« Reply #447 on: October 19, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Dubstep in montages. Weekendtage was definitely acceptable but in anything else it really just makes the video worse I think. Dubstep in general as a trend is a problem though

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #448 on: October 20, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »
flip in/flip out of every ledge trick, honestly, I think it's sick, Torey's Big Bang part was crazy good, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone slide a long back tail on a ledge without flipping out

I think this has already been said, but doing tre flips, then letting them sail away from your back foot, and catching them with your front foot

Kind of like the one here at 1:12

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #449 on: October 20, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »

Ask Fred Gall.