Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94141 times)

BuddyPal

Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #450 on: October 20, 2011, 06:39:40 PM »
shorts when its cold

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
shorts when its cold
that's trending? fuck.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #452 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:31 AM »
well dressed skaters

HAHA. Yeah I see that..

apad88

« Reply #453 on: October 21, 2011, 02:05:20 AM »
DGK

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #454 on: October 21, 2011, 06:53:29 AM »
fuckin hollister victims skating
fuck off
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #455 on: October 21, 2011, 07:11:17 AM »
well dressed skaters

I don't really see the issue with this one...
p-shuvs and v-flips

oldgoodburger

« Reply #456 on: October 21, 2011, 07:47:55 AM »
fuckin hollister victims skating
fuck off
Yeah this shit is the worst. Alot of them seem to stick to the wrongboards though

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #457 on: October 21, 2011, 09:38:11 AM »
Skating around parents is very awkward. But my mom is stoked on no-comply 180s
haha awesome

FrenchFuck

« Reply #458 on: October 21, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
People not smiling or laughing while skating. You're a grown man playing with a wooden roller skate , don't take it so fucking seriously

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #459 on: October 21, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
People not smiling or laughing while skating. You're a grown man playing with a wooden roller skate , don't take it so fucking seriously

HAHA so true.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #460 on: October 21, 2011, 02:18:50 PM »
flip in/flip out of every ledge trick, honestly, I think it's sick, Torey's Big Bang part was crazy good, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone slide a long back tail on a ledge without flipping out

Totaly agree . Ive always said that about snowboarding , instead of doing a 900 , why not just do a really slow huge bs 180 or 360.
And now its come up in skateboarding too . While it is really sick to do flips to slides and then do flips out again . Id rather just see a really long bs tail , kf bs tail or even a sick long fs noseslide .

Its like too much of a good thing makes it worse then the simple stuff . Keep it simple and stylish stupid !

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: October 21, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Expand Quote
flip in/flip out of every ledge trick, honestly, I think it's sick, Torey's Big Bang part was crazy good, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone slide a long back tail on a ledge without flipping out

[close]

Totaly agree . Ive always said that about snowboarding , instead of doing a 900 , why not just do a really slow huge bs 180 or 360.
And now its come up in skateboarding too . While it is really sick to do flips to slides and then do flips out again . Id rather just see a really long bs tail , kf bs tail or even a sick long fs noseslide .

Its like too much of a good thing makes it worse then the simple stuff . Keep it simple and stylish stupid !
Totally, sometimes I'll watch old snowboarding vids, and I just see the long, drawn out back 180s in grainy film, and those look so much better than dizziness-inducing 1260s

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Magic Pizza

• Rep: 175
« Reply #462 on: October 21, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
I think parks are rad! We just got our new one and its kickstarted the scene! Ive been in and out of being able to skate this year so flowing round a park has been amazing! whats different to hauling ass on the streets or flowing round a park? Still skateboarding, still a skateboarder!

What is doing my head in is being rated by a game of skate.
Hipster trend styles
them gay tre's people are doing.
Whats worse, if you dont tick all the above, you seem to be less of a skater??

Well im going to watch Misled youth, look like tom penny and ride my kalis bored how i want. Thats skateboarding!

Careful dude, I think I hear the langoliers coming for ya!

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #463 on: October 21, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
a sick long fs noseslide .

Last trick...

wheee!

oldgoodburger

« Reply #464 on: October 24, 2011, 04:54:34 PM »

Maybe this is a trend in rap more than skating, but the whole "skater rapper" shit

VictoriousOG

« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »
Damn Jereme Rogers.

Jack Smith

« Reply #466 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:01 AM »
Skate nerds that spend more time on the internet than on their skateboard.

apad88

« Reply #467 on: October 25, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »
Skate nerds that spend more time on the internet than on their skateboard.
I feel sorry for your Mutha!

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #468 on: October 25, 2011, 05:49:59 AM »

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #469 on: October 25, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this is serious shit man. you're pushing 30, if you don't get hooked up now, it ain't ever gonna happen. feeb that park rail god damn it!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
Sad thing is, I know teenagers like that. Shit's like a chore to them, and they refuse to actually skate without a camera facing them.

LooseTrux

• Rep: 1
  • Landing primo since 1995
    • ALL THINGS FUNKY avatar image
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
Buddy "Awesome Awesome"
Maybe this is a trend in rap more than skating, but the whole "skater rapper" shit

from a marketing standpoint that shit is gold, though....of course it helps when the act is talented in at least one of the fields.

Two cultures (most) parents hate for their precious little kiddies to be involved in, but kids love to consume...especially due to parental pressure.
The new counter-culture, if you will.
(also you don't need to go to school to be successful in either)

For what it's worth, hip-hop does go with skating (WU TANG), in the true DIY sense. Both have been diluted with cash, and the realness has been lost.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #472 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
Sad thing is, I know teenagers like that. Shit's like a chore to them, and they refuse to actually skate without a camera facing them.

Amen, Unknown Solider...

Stupid editing programs, iPods/iPhones, Cameras. It always seems like it's some APPLE product.

One of my favorite parts of skating is actually HEARING it - the squeaks and ::ERRRR:: noise - nothing beats it!

I mean, shit - do you have to have the DeaMau 5 / DubStep song constantly blasting in your head!? Listen to your board, man!

This is why I'll always love Anti-Hero as I get older - it's just pure D.I.Y., No Nonsense Skating with none of that beaming bullshit in mind.

I always think of what Andy Roy says in this video - and he truly embraces/understands/is what skateboarding represents.

"Skate Fast, Aggressive, Mean - Spill Blood. No Mountain Dew...Sleep in the Dirt...Wake up to the skate park - Dirty, No Showers, Pair of Socks, Whatever - just scumbag style"

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #473 on: October 25, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
making slap accounts
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

Dirty Sprite

• Rep: -5
« Reply #474 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
Buddy "Awesome Awesome"

That swag stuff is spreading like wildfire. Lil Wayne is also definitely helping its influence.  I think its a good thing. Fuck all the guys posing with a skateboard just for their "swag". Out of this little fad that's going on now its bound to produce some kids who will stick with it and become straight rippers when they get older

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #475 on: October 25, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »
the "artsy outcast blue collar wannabe" trend
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: October 27, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
I think I already said this but other kids saying if you put your hands down, it's not a make. It's called a fucking Baker Maker, do your research. I was watching Hesh Law the other day with a friend, and Devin Apello tre flipped this ditch gap and my friend immediately said "that's not a land" I explained to him that it was a land, just not a clean land. He persisted in saying "that's still not a land." I closed my laptop, called him an idiot, and walked away

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1628
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #477 on: October 27, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »
I've heard it before on here, experienced it in life and MAN is it true.  Kids need to stop filming at the skatepark and acting like they deserve preferential treatment.  Its like they are "training" at the gym.  No one cares about your front tail kf out little jimmy.  I don't blame them personally, it is just depressing seeing something so great get shat on so hard.  In time, hopefully they get it.  If not, at least they bought a bunch of stuff.

Likewise, its so great meeting little kids that "get it" and really enjoy skateboarding.

Fashion is such a huge part of skating now (at least in LA) its borderline ridiculous.  I went to some "boutique" shops, and that experience alone makes me want to never step foot on fairfax ever again.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: October 28, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »
I've heard it before on here, experienced it in life and MAN is it true.  Kids need to stop filming at the skatepark and acting like they deserve preferential treatment.  Its like they are "training" at the gym.  No one cares about your front tail kf out little jimmy.  I don't blame them personally, it is just depressing seeing something so great get shat on so hard.  In time, hopefully they get it.  If not, at least they bought a bunch of stuff.

Likewise, its so great meeting little kids that "get it" and really enjoy skateboarding.

Fashion is such a huge part of skating now (at least in LA) its borderline ridiculous.  I went to some "boutique" shops, and that experience alone makes me want to never step foot on fairfax ever again.

well hello there, I'm one of those kids that get it doesn't give a fuck about what gets filmed and skates because it's what he loves (no seriously, I am)

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #479 on: October 28, 2011, 03:11:09 AM »
i dont really have a problem with kids filming at the park unless, like you said they feel they need special treatment because they are filming. the act of filming at a skatepark is no big deal i mean what are they filming for? they're youtube video part? no ones going to see it. let them have their fun as long as they aren't dicks about it ya know?

hell i know i'm guilty of park filming when i was younger. even worse self park filming. I've come a long way hahahaha