Author Topic: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off  (Read 94141 times)

Archers of Chaka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: trends in skateboarding you ARE tired off
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2011, 05:38:38 AM »
this probably doesn't count as a trend, but i hate it when someone who doesn't have too much skill on the board (or doesn't skate at all) wants to fit in the with the good kids, so he buys a camera and uses that as his ticket to get in good with the group of good skaters, pretty much buying his way in. He wouldn't fit in otherwise and you know they probably wouldnt even be hangin out with him if it wasnt for the camera, but since he has a fancy camera and all the kids nowadays just looooove to film every little thing and put it on youtube, they except their new filmer "friend". It's just annoying to see kids like this trying to fit in by buying their way in, but its all good because within a few months they'll find someone else with a better, fancier camera and tell their old filmer "friend" to fuck off, and the cycle repeats itself.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #481 on: October 28, 2011, 05:56:59 AM »
this probably doesn't count as a trend, but i hate it when someone who doesn't have too much skill on the board (or doesn't skate at all) wants to fit in the with the good kids, so he buys a camera and uses that as his ticket to get in good with the group of good skaters, pretty much buying his way in. He wouldn't fit in otherwise and you know they probably wouldnt even be hangin out with him if it wasnt for the camera, but since he has a fancy camera and all the kids nowadays just looooove to film every little thing and put it on youtube, they except their new filmer "friend". It's just annoying to see kids like this trying to fit in by buying their way in, but its all good because within a few months they'll find someone else with a better, fancier camera and tell their old filmer "friend" to fuck off, and the cycle repeats itself.

when people dont wanna chill with someone because theyre not good enough is far worse

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #482 on: October 28, 2011, 06:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

when people dont wanna chill with someone because theyre not good enough is far worse
Like i said, it's just annoying to see someone trying to buy their way into fitting in. If a group of skaters who were better than me didn't want to hang out with me because i wasnt as good as them, that's not a group of people i would want to associate with anyways. I'd tell em to fuck off and go find other people to skate with. But there are those people who INSIST on still trying to find a way to fit in with a group like that anyways just because they're good and they want to fit in with what they perceive as the "in crowd", and these tend to be the kids that i described in my other post earlier, the kids who try to buy their way in by playing the "filmer" role.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:32:49 AM by Archers of Chaka »

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #483 on: October 28, 2011, 07:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
well dressed skaters
[close]

HAHA. Yeah I see that..

Yea never got the idea of playing dress up to go skate. I've fucked up all my clothes from sweat and dirt stains skating. Every time i do laundry I just see how more and more stains are in my clothes from skating (along with coffee and hot sauce stains, hah...)

But more or less - these are the kids I see skate for 15 minutes, break a sweat, then sit on their ass for a half hour. Never understood that...when I have the time to skate I just wanna go all out. Plus, it's the best exercise - especially on a mini ramp. Fuck P90X - go pump a steep mini ramp for an hour a day...

jimi420

« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2011, 09:40:32 PM »
Skate nerds that spend more time on the internet than on their skateboard.
Once the end of november rolls around my skate time will be down to possibly once a month due to shitty midwestern winters.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
« Reply #485 on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
Theres this little chubby kid just like this, cant skate for shit but since he has a camera, all the kids want to hang out with him and film. The dude is really annoying and not a pleasure to be around. 

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #486 on: November 03, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »
Filming at parks it better than fake filming at parks, or anywhere for that matter. I seriously saw some kids not long ago with this C shaped camera mount/handle thing, with no fucking camera attached to it, but they still followed each other around holding it. I didn't think it got weirder than the kids who follow and pretend they're holding a camera but they managed to do it.

However, if you're going to film at a park do so at your own risk and it's not an excuse to break etiquette. Holding a camera isn't a free pass to sit on the pyramid for 15 minutes.

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #487 on: November 03, 2011, 09:45:52 AM »
Rollin eyes.

shits need to end.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #488 on: November 03, 2011, 12:07:51 PM »
Maybe not necessarily a trend, but temper tantrums. I understand getting frustrated if you're having trouble landing something, but starting to yell and throw your board and kick stuff is not going to make you fucking land it. It's a huge problem at these two skateparks I go to, and it's almost always kids from like 12-16. This one kid a few months ago couldn't have been older than 14, and kept screaming and throwing his board all over the place because he couldn't stick a treflip on a bank. One of the times he threw the board, it hit me in the shin, so I carried it over to him and told him to chill out, and he started trying to fight me. Stupidest shit ever. I made it my goal to snake him the rest of the day.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #489 on: November 03, 2011, 12:11:59 PM »
Buddy "Awesome Awesome"
Maybe this is a trend in rap more than skating, but the whole "skater rapper" shit

That wasnt even that bad at least he looked comfortable on a board, he probably started skating prior to lil wayne so it's alright.
Did anybody notice that Pharrell was in that video?

Now this right here is the real problem with rappers starting to skate.
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh7SBAKr08d797Q9CV

I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #490 on: November 03, 2011, 12:18:59 PM »
Maybe not necessarily a trend, but temper tantrums. I understand getting frustrated if you're having trouble landing something, but starting to yell and throw your board and kick stuff is not going to make you fucking land it. It's a huge problem at these two skateparks I go to, and it's almost always kids from like 12-16. This one kid a few months ago couldn't have been older than 14, and kept screaming and throwing his board all over the place because he couldn't stick a treflip on a bank. One of the times he threw the board, it hit me in the shin, so I carried it over to him and told him to chill out, and he started trying to fight me. Stupidest shit ever. I made it my goal to snake him the rest of the day.

I fucking hate kids like this. and i hope you snaked him a good couple times.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #491 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I fucking hate kids like this. and i hope you snaked him a good couple times.
[close]

Jesus Christ!  What the fuck is wrong with these park kids?!  I usually quietly talk to myself.  Nothing more than a, "C'mon, really?"  That is fucking regular.  Put that fool in time out, if he wants to be such a baby.   Tell him he can have his board back if he apologizes to everyone (and he has to mean it!) or else the board goes away for a week.
Hahaha! Shit, that's a great idea. Yeah, I don't understand the rage fits either. I usually just laugh it off when I fuck up, it happens way too much to stress about it. Hopefully one day these goons'll figure it out, who knows.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #492 on: November 03, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
I don't really care about people freaking out, I'm the only person I know that does it and I'm not a total douche about it

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

gnarnel

• Rep: 6
  • ilikeboys
« Reply #493 on: November 03, 2011, 09:33:34 PM »
DC shoes and there corporate take over there trying to pull on the skateboarding world.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #494 on: November 04, 2011, 03:26:06 AM »

fucks sake

similar thing happned to my friend two weeks ago, kid got rage and threw his board, bounced off a ledge and hit my friend in the knee. only my friend wasnt as nice as you, he picked up the kids board waited for the kid to walk over them threw the board as far as he could into some bushes. the kid was about to go on a rage fit at my friend, so my friend cut him off and said calmly "sssssh, stop bieng a dick and have fun"

also half an hour later i saw him about to rage after missing a heelflip down a 3set first try (so what) then he looked over at my friend, looked embarrised and sat down. kids need to learn its about having fun

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: November 04, 2011, 06:14:21 AM »
DC shoes and there corporate take over there trying to pull on the skateboarding world.
Get your facts straight,  DC started out as a skate shoe company and ONLY a skate shoe company so really, they're not trying to take over skateboarding. If you're going to say that about any company, say it about Nike

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #496 on: November 04, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

fucks sake

similar thing happned to my friend two weeks ago, kid got rage and threw his board, bounced off a ledge and hit my friend in the knee. only my friend wasnt as nice as you, he picked up the kids board waited for the kid to walk over them threw the board as far as he could into some bushes. the kid was about to go on a rage fit at my friend, so my friend cut him off and said calmly "sssssh, stop bieng a dick and have fun"

also half an hour later i saw him about to rage after missing a heelflip down a 3set first try (so what) then he looked over at my friend, looked embarrised and sat down. kids need to learn its about having fun

Looks like I'm the biggest dick of them all. A kid was having a temper, threw his board and it hit me, so I just threw it back at him.

Didn't feel bad.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #497 on: November 04, 2011, 10:35:51 AM »
People still do that weird shit? I never see that anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw someone freak out about skateboarding. The only trend I want to see die is when kids fall they just lay there for a solid few minutes like taking a nap or something.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: November 04, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »
So I'll be at 3rd Lair and I go the giant fucking rollin (RIP) some other kid is leaves 3 seconds after me going towards the rollin as well. We hit the rollin at the same time and we nearly hit each other, while I say "sorry" the other kid is like, "dude what the hell? get out of the way!" Some people need to learn proper skate etiquette.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/component/option,com_hwdvideoshare/Itemid,90/lang,en/task,viewvideo/video_id,1355/
I really hope dubstep does not become a trend in clips because I have just hade enough of it and for it to start making its way into skating is just hard to watch. Shit is barely even music.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/component/option,com_hwdvideoshare/Itemid,90/lang,en/task,viewvideo/video_id,1355/
I really hope dubstep does not become a trend in clips because I have just hade enough of it and for it to start making its way into skating is just hard to watch. Shit is NOT music.
fixed
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »
Skaters complaining what trends they're getting tired of. Trends too..

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »
People still do that weird shit? I never see that anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw someone freak out about skateboarding. The only trend I want to see die is when kids fall they just lay there for a solid few minutes like taking a nap or something.
A few days ago, this happened to a little shit of a kid at my local park. He fell on a boardslide, then proceeded to roll around and whine before he actually took a 30 minute nap right at the end of the rail. It was quite bizarre.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #503 on: November 10, 2011, 05:35:22 AM »
Not exactly a trend but im sick of there being anything other than bmx and skaters at a skatepark

BraveUlysses

« Reply #504 on: November 10, 2011, 06:25:49 AM »
People taking it personal when I kindly ask them not to sit on the ledge I'm clearly skating.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Not exactly a trend but im sick of there being anything other than bmx and skaters at a skatepark

I'm sick of there being anything other than skaters at a skatepark.  BMX sucks.

Here's a trend in skateboarding I'm tired of(f):

18 year olds posting on message boards about how 2003 was the glory days.  Do you know how stupid you sound?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2011, 04:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

18 year olds posting on message boards about how 2003 was the glory days.  Do you know how stupid you sound?

someone said it. finally. thanks.

Skate Edge

« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are welcome.

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are welcome.
[close]

To be kind of fair it was their glory days, they don't have anything else to compare it to since they couldn't experience the real great times that have passed. For me the glory days of punk rock was the late 80's-early 90's, but surely that would sound stupid to someone who was around in 77.

Ok, I tried to be nice but while writing that I realized how stupid (or sad) it is that 2003 could be nostalgic for anybody.

Skate Edge

« Reply #509 on: November 13, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You are welcome.
[close]
[close]

To be kind of fair it was their glory days, they don't have anything else to compare it to since they couldn't experience the real great times that have passed. For me the glory days of punk rock was the late 80's-early 90's, but surely that would sound stupid to someone who was around in 77.

Ok, I tried to be nice but while writing that I realized how stupid (or sad) it is that 2003 could be nostalgic for anybody.

Pretty much.  To someone my age, it's no more ridiculous than reminiscing about how much better things were in February of this year.  "Man, late February - those were the days!  Everything was so much fresher back then.  These November kids don't know what they were missing."