Author Topic: israel and palestine  (Read 18550 times)

Frank and Fred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
Re: israel and palestine
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2023, 09:40:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Aren’t there a few Israeli Pals on here? Eranka? Is everyone alright?
[close]
currently in reserve service in the north of the country, this whole situation feels almost unreal, it is devastating and it will take a long time to recover from this attack.me and everyone I know know someone who died or got kidnapped.  I really don’t feel like debating or explaining anything right now.
The Israeli skate family lost a great kid on Saturday
http://youtu.be/DZIzsL1SRGU?si=4mNPyL0u-KXIrhYQ
Rip Ofek

Sorry for your loss. I understand not wanting to debate. Hope you and your loved ones get through this safely.

I also hope your leaders come to their senses and ease up on civilians in Gaza.

Peace.

Bill Salt

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 11:04:34 PM »
All I know for sure is that it's the civilians who pay the price on both sides like alwas.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 12:21:21 PM »
I’d highly recommend giving Maen a follow. He’s a skater/photographer in Palestine and he’s posting some really heart wrenching stuff right now about every day Palestinians.
https://instagram.com/maenster?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Im supper gutted, its tragic to see lives unnecessarily cut short on both sides. It breaks my heart to hear about skaters caught up in the conflict when they just trying to live.
I brought up kenny reed in another thread, but he's a part of helping this organization in Palestine. 
https://www.instagram.com/SkateQilya/

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 02:12:53 PM »
Isn't Zionism based on a work of fiction. Similar to Braill.

I know like all religions are and everything is made up anyway.

I was told once the idea comes from a book I can't remember that was written in the 20s
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023, 05:20:21 PM »

I was told once the idea comes from a book I can't remember that was written in the 20s

Der Judenstaat - 1897

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2023, 09:34:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Der Judenstaat - 1897

The Jewish State. thanks pal
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2023, 10:52:43 PM »
I don't know enough about the situation to have a real opinion of any value.

All I can say is it seems like a fucking nightmare that won't end. I feel bad for Israelis who get killed dancing at a festival, I feel bad for Palestinians who get their homes stolen by "settlers," I feel bad Jews still get treated like shit and we still have idiots in America chanting, "Jews will not replace us," I feel bad that Israel is being run by a complete asshole and the ultra religious are keeping him in power, I feel bad that Israel is displacing over a million people, I feel bad that there are theocratic nations in the region as no theocratic nation can be sane... the list of things that suck seems like it could go on forever.

Like what a fucking nightmare. I feel bad for everyone but I'm angry at everyone as well, including Truman who played a role in creating this entire mess and the British their bungled colonialism in the region.
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1945-1952/creation-israel
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 11:33:47 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Pasta Monster

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2023, 10:54:56 AM »
during the attack by Hamas

after the airstrike that killed 600+ Palestinian children

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2023, 12:55:59 PM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2023, 06:20:24 PM »
hello, is anyone in amerikkka concerned that we are going totally nazi

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2023, 06:40:01 PM »
Def concerned that if this situation does not chill soon we will be facing a far wider reaching conflict. And yes, the USA and UK have  a lot to answer to here.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 32
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2023, 07:15:33 PM »
free Palestine

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2023, 10:13:44 PM »
There’s so much I could say here.. a ray of hope in all this is that because it’s all being shown in real time on social media. With all that being shown so openly, evidence of Israel’s blatant war crimes are so obvious. So hopefully the world will see all this and actually condemn Israel’s actions. Regardless of how likely this actually is.

I’ve also seen the sentiment that Zionism will never win as long as Palestinians still exist in this world. Their culture and spirit is so strong. I’ve spent a little time in Palestine. I’ve experienced how beautiful and resilient their culture is. Zionism can’t eliminate that no matter what, regardless of how much physical land that is tied to.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2023, 02:05:55 AM »
Is anyone still pretending that there are two sides to this active genocide?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/world/at-least-500-killed-in-israeli-airstrike-on-gaza-city-hospital-health-ministry-says
I wouldn’t be so quick to judge. According to the bbc the case is not as clear as it seemed yesterday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67141589

i wouldn’t rule out that this may also stem from an airstrike, but there are a couple of things that would at least suggest it might be a stray Islamic Jihad rocket. Including the fact that Israel is probably not interested in losing new found partners in the region.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2023, 03:30:29 AM »
Expand Quote

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/world/at-least-500-killed-in-israeli-airstrike-on-gaza-city-hospital-health-ministry-says
[close]
I wouldn’t be so quick to judge. According to the bbc the case is not as clear as it seemed yesterday.

i wouldn’t rule out that this may also stem from an airstrike, but there are a couple of things that would at least suggest it might be a stray Islamic Jihad rocket. Including the fact that Israel is probably not interested in losing new found partners in the region.

Be too quick to judge what?

One country completely controls the access of pretty much everything beyond sunlight to the other.

One country lets its citizens illegally colonize the other.

One country grants or restricts rights to the other.

Whenever the oppressed country strikes back, the stronger country responds with 10x the force.

There is not even a whiff of symmetry here.

One country is actively genociding the other.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2023, 03:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Be too quick to judge what?

One country completely controls the access of pretty much everything beyond sunlight to the other.

One country lets its citizens illegally colonize the other.

One country grants or restricts rights to the other.

Whenever the oppressed country strikes back, the stronger country responds with 10x the force.

There is not even a whiff of symmetry here.

One country is actively genociding the other.

To judge this particular incident.
The problems of this conflict are far too complex that I’d want to discuss them in an online forum, though.
Nowhere did I talk about symmetry or who is to blame. I just wanted to make the remark that no matter how terrible everything is, we should be hesitant to make quick judgements to events, that are not fully investigated yet.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2023, 04:22:46 AM »
The incident comes in the broader context of an ongoing genocide. I’m not sure what kind of nuanced position you want in terms of the outcome of this

Israel initially took responsibility for the attacks on social media before they scrubbed it and blamed Hamas. Experts don’t believe Hamas has enough high-grade munitions to destroy a hospital that size so completely.

Ignoring that, even if Hamas DID blow up its own hospital, how does that significantly change anything about how Israel should respond to its continual
destruction of the Palestinians?

Does this event, on the bizarre chance that Hamas destroyed its own hospital in the despite being in the mist of a massive Israeli air strike, change the fundamental problem that Israel’s completely overarching power and destruction is creating the misery that allows the justification for groups like Hamas to exist?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2023, 04:54:48 AM »
The incident comes in the broader context of an ongoing genocide. I’m not sure what kind of nuanced position you want in terms of the outcome of this

Israel initially took responsibility for the attacks on social media before they scrubbed it and blamed Hamas. Experts don’t believe Hamas has enough high-grade munitions to destroy a hospital that size so completely.

Ignoring that, even if Hamas DID blow up its own hospital, how does that significantly change anything about how Israel should respond to its continual
destruction of the Palestinians?

Does this event, on the bizarre chance that Hamas destroyed its own hospital in the despite being in the mist of a massive Israeli air strike, change the fundamental problem that Israel’s completely overarching power and destruction is creating the misery that allows the justification for groups like Hamas to exist?

I don't share your view on this conflict in the same way you do. I understand how you can come to this perspective, but i don't think that it is as easy – but this would go way too deep into discussing the vast history of this conflict. And i'm not interested in a discussion about this.

I think that that a two state solution is the only way to go. I fully support the Palestinian people in this claim (just to give a bit of context, where I'm coming from – maybe this helps to keep this discussion outside of calling names and the usual verbal escalation)

Regarding the rockets – there are numerous reports of Hamas now having access to a certain amount of larger rockets. There was an announcement of Islamic Jihad that there will be a new rocket attack shortly before the event. There's al jazeera footage of a rocket failing and falling short – so it may be possible. And it would be really problematic from my perspective if this has happened and Hamas had shifted the blame to Israel, because the consequences will be devastating – even beyond this conflict.

The thing, why i'm stating all this, is not because i want the Gaza strip and the Westbank be in such a terrible shape they are in now. I'm hoping for them they overcome idiots like Hamas, who would do anything to escalate the conflict and don't care about the civilian people living there. (disclaimer: there are equally idiotic people on the Israel side). This is, why i'm careful with such quick statements. Things like knowing a number of people killed shortly after the incident makes me sceptical.

And to be clear – yes, there is also the chance that this was an airstrike, since the IDF warned people to evacuate that hospital.

Either way. It's totally terrible.

And at the moment everybody is moving further away from finding a solution. And being quick to judge will move everyone even further away.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2023, 06:39:43 AM »
thats a lot of words to say nothing my guy

thanks for the input.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2023, 07:05:26 AM »
Hey guys I looked and on the news it says that the country carrying out a massive illegal aerial bombardment of their captive population says that they didn't actually blow up the hospital they said they would blow up and then took credit for blowing up. Turns out the bad guys actually did all the killing - what were the odds!?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 07:13:00 AM by manysnakes »

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2023, 07:29:23 AM »
Enjoy your circle jerk.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2023, 07:36:22 AM »
Enjoy your circle jerk.

Enjoy your "nuance".

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »
Will do thanks

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2023, 08:17:19 AM »
sorry i meant this is too nuanced for me

While I agree with your sentiment, this situation is pretty far from nuanced at the stage. I'd characterize it as blatant.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2023, 08:48:56 AM »
The discussion over the hospital itself I suppose could be characterized as nuanced. And I think no matter your position on this, we should be open-minded to possibilities...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67144061

GS77

• Rep: 94
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2023, 08:54:08 AM »
The discussion over the hospital itself I suppose could be characterized as nuanced. And I think no matter your position on this, we should be open-minded to possibilities...

I agree. It is possible the terrorist military faction of Hamas bombed a hospital either on purpose or by accident. I can’t imagine Israel would bomb a hospital on purpose as it really makes them look like monsters. However, war is hell and killing innocent people is an unintended consequence, but end of the day they are still dead so it doesn’t really matter what the intentions were.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2023, 09:08:35 AM »

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2023, 09:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree. It is possible the terrorist military faction of Hamas bombed a hospital either on purpose or by accident. I can’t imagine Israel would bomb a hospital on purpose as it really makes them look like monsters.

An incredible worldview on display here.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm not counting it out at all. for the record I believe the IDF is completely capable of such an accidental/ intentional atrocity. But I do believe the jury is still out on this one event.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2023, 09:17:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'm not counting it out at all. for the record I believe the IDF is completely capable of such an accidental/ intentional atrocity. But I do believe the jury is still out on this one event.

They ordered an evacuation, bombed the hospital, claimed responsibility, and then changed their story once it was clear from the reaction in the west that they had gone too far. Now a compliant media is helping them cover for their atrocity, as they always do.

This all happened in real time yesterday as people watched. Any other version of events is literally Orwellian.