Author Topic: Anti vaxxer Lizzie on science book  (Read 12692 times)

linzrobertson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: Anti vaxxer Lizzie on science book
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2022, 07:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It surprises me that skateboarders, of all people, known for individuality and freedom of expression, would be for government mandates. It’s been clearly demonstrated that getting vaxxed doesn’t prevent getting or transmitting covid. you’re not helping anyone but yourself by getting vaxxed so it should be your own choice. Such a shame.
[close]
Apart from all the evidence that says otherwise...(Don't link shit, it's a classic there's a million sources to back any opinion anyone has scenario). But not getting vaxxed is somehow freedom of expression? Seems like same school uniforms hurt my personality dweeb like thinking
[close]

Yeah Im down for a fraction of skating to be spouting 9/11 conspiracy shit, its definitely a skater thing to be into alternate reality considerations.  But when its a matter of public health having all these wackadoo washed out skaters with platforms spouting nonsense to the masses, its a bummer, because it will get people sick down the line.  The vaccine definitely protects you and others around you.

What about the recent omicron surge where vaccinated people got covid and transmitted it to others? How does that protect anyone else but yourself? Mind you I’m vaccinated, but there is a tremendous loophole here, if the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting or transmitting covid, and only prevents you, the receiver, from major symptoms / hospitalization, why shouldn’t it be your choice to get vaccinated?

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2022, 08:10:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It surprises me that skateboarders, of all people, known for individuality and freedom of expression, would be for government mandates. It’s been clearly demonstrated that getting vaxxed doesn’t prevent getting or transmitting covid. you’re not helping anyone but yourself by getting vaxxed so it should be your own choice. Such a shame.
[close]
Apart from all the evidence that says otherwise...(Don't link shit, it's a classic there's a million sources to back any opinion anyone has scenario). But not getting vaxxed is somehow freedom of expression? Seems like same school uniforms hurt my personality dweeb like thinking
[close]

Yeah Im down for a fraction of skating to be spouting 9/11 conspiracy shit, its definitely a skater thing to be into alternate reality considerations.  But when its a matter of public health having all these wackadoo washed out skaters with platforms spouting nonsense to the masses, its a bummer, because it will get people sick down the line.  The vaccine definitely protects you and others around you.
[close]

What about the recent omicron surge where vaccinated people got covid and transmitted it to others? How does that protect anyone else but yourself? Mind you I’m vaccinated, but there is a tremendous loophole here, if the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting or transmitting covid, and only prevents you, the receiver, from major symptoms / hospitalization, why shouldn’t it be your choice to get vaccinated?

What are some of your other controversial views on life?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2022, 08:11:42 PM »
Math is the foundational language for all sciences. I've also never taken a "science" class that required a textbook titled "science". It's usually something like biology, chemistry, physics, etc. Math is debated as being a science, both for and against, by people much more qualified to chime in on the subject than the average SLAP poster. Keep talking shit though folks! Gold

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »
when did she get outted as an antivaxxer

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2022, 08:16:24 PM »
Expand Quote
What's a precalculus?
[close]

It’s like that time frame when you’re eagerly edging towards knowledge.
Then you find knowledge in calculus but that shit doesn’t last as long as you wanted. Doesn’t even feel that good.
Before you know it you’re in post calculus (functional analysis) and you don’t care about calculus, knowledge or life in general anymore.

Ah... that post calculus clarity... "What have I computed??? I need to reevaluate my life".

Shuh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2022, 08:18:52 PM »
Bruh its 2022, people around me are moving on with there lives vaxed or not. Freaking no one cares, its that all you people are?

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2022, 09:11:18 PM »

1. Cory Juneau's  grinds and slides approach the lip ____________ .

2. Hosoi's center of gravity follows a ____________ ___________ while he methods his backside air.

3. When Jimmy Wilkins airs to fakie the y of the function _____________ to __________.

phew, no one else could answer these?

they didn't say there was going to be tests when i signed up for this place.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2022, 09:20:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Slightly off topic but I m a teacher and in one of the English books there are small pictures showing different sports/activities. In the skateboarding one there is Jeff Grosso doing a fs 5-0 in a pool.
[close]
I'm sorry but Jeff would be the first to tell you there's no such thing; it's either a stand-up fs grind or a slasher

God I miss his rants...

Haha got. me there, I think it was a standup one. I ll Post ist when I find it.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2022, 04:47:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

What episode was this from again.  Did something controversial happen and crob just clammed up?
[close]

Pretty sure it was the episode that Yonnie gets brought up
[close]

Hahaha amazing.  Nearly as good as when their raffle winner one week called out the horrible working conditions at the Chinese Nike factory in their message.  Then Rog defended it saying he toured the factories before and “the workers were treated great” or something to that effect lol.  Sometimes live tv is just the best

Can you link the video? I would love to see that lol

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2022, 04:52:03 AM »
Fuck books

Now I have a paper cut on me wanger!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2022, 05:17:50 AM »

1. Cory Juneau's  grinds and slides approach the lip gloss .

2. Hosoi's center of gravity follows a Jesus tattoo while he methods his backside air.

3. When Jimmy Wilkins airs to fakie the y of the function yin to yang.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2022, 05:47:50 AM »

Why is it that every time grown up topics get posted we always get a wave of dipshits like this guy coming outta the woodwork with their stupid ass takes?

Do y'all just like, check the homepage repeatedly until something comes up?

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2022, 05:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why is it that every time grown up topics get posted we always get a wave of dipshits like this guy coming outta the woodwork with their stupid ass takes?

It's a perfectly reasonable position. You are the one being a twat.

somefucker

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2022, 05:54:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

if by perfectly reasonable you mean baseless and defensive, then yes.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2022, 05:56:34 AM »
It's like rain on your wedding day

thebacker

« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2022, 06:01:42 AM »

but it does stop people from needing to be hospitalized. it's also been clearly demonstrated that the vast majority of people in the hospital from covid ARENT vaccinated. cut your bullshit bro

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1970
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2022, 06:02:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No it's not. It's actually really really fucking stupid.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2022, 06:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's an uneducated and selfish position.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2022, 06:22:34 AM »
but, my demigod Joe rogan told me so! Are you defying JRE?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2022, 07:07:14 AM »

Improves your chances of not getting it or spreading it. The more it spreads the more variants we are going to have. And the vax lowers numbers in hospitals so people can have heart attacks and can adequate care. Fuck mandates. Do it b/c you care about the whole not just your myopic orange county me me me land.

threequartercab

• Rep: 4
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2022, 07:17:10 AM »
Slightly off topic but I m a teacher and in one of the English books there are small pictures showing different sports/activities. In the skateboarding one there is Jeff Grosso doing a fs 5-0 in a pool.

I had french classes from grade 7 to 11 in germany and on the cover of our textbook was a sick photo of a young Florentin Marfaing doing a boned ollie. Always thought it looked like him, finally looked it up last year or so.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2022, 07:23:53 AM »
oh I never knew that was him. had that book too :)

Expand Quote
[close]

I had french classes from grade 7 to 11 in germany and on the cover of our textbook was a sick photo of a young Florentin Marfaing doing a boned ollie. Always thought it looked like him, finally looked it up last year or so.

fun fun fun

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2022, 08:01:31 AM »
People getting sick and dying may not be something that bothers you but it’s a problem for the government- millions of people being out of work, disabled, etc. costs money. It’s why inflation is out of control- companies can’t deliver goods that people want. In the end it becomes everybody’s problem

disappointed

• Rep: 100
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2022, 08:06:19 AM »

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2022, 08:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Improves your chances of not getting it or spreading it. The more it spreads the more variants we are going to have. And the vax lowers numbers in hospitals so people can have heart attacks and can adequate care. Fuck mandates. Do it b/c you care about the whole not just your myopic orange county me me me land.
This exactly. I feel a lot of us on the "vaxxed side" know and agree with this but maybe have lost the patience to put it so simply when this sort of debate pops up. I'm not for mandates either, just common sense and reason. The pursuit of the greater good, and that has nothing to do with politics in my opinion. If you're still in disagreement with Frank and Fred's statement I implore you to actually "do your own research" but just look up reasons to get the vaccine and don't look for excuses not to.
I know there's a punk/diy ethic to skating but I don't see how that factors into the vaccine. I got vaxxed for the security of my health and the safety of all others. I hate the government and hate the power the corporate world has over modern society too but I also know there are tons of human-rights/environmental/economic hills that are actually worth dying on right now. The covid vax isn't one of them. This anti-vax shit is more about ignorant people wanting a reason to feel aggrieved than personal freedom because that's such a popular state of being these days.

Anti vaxers/maskers remind me of nudists that have made "naturalism" into an agenda. It's not like the rest of us don't enjoy being nude either, there are just plenty of practical reasons to wear clothing in public.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 08:21:59 AM by Mariatorresflores »

disappointed

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2022, 08:26:47 AM »
just saying, there is a thread about this, as we don't seem to be talking about Lizzie's math book anymore...

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=114548.1080

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2022, 08:29:46 AM »
I wonder how good Lizzie is at math'ing (not saying she is dumb, nor smart) but now I do be wondering

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2022, 08:34:41 AM »

just saying, there is a thread about this, as we don't seem to be talking about Lizzie's geometry book anymore...

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=114548.1080
But this is what slap is for these days. lol.

Let me just say that if we were dealing with a better educated populous the topic of mandates would of never came up in the US/Canada etc. It is reflective of governmental failures for sure.  Indicative of a society that values all things monetary over knowledge/public safety. In short, this civilization has shit priorities.

disappointed

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2022, 08:38:04 AM »
I wonder how good Lizzie is at math'ing (not saying she is dumb, nor smart) but now I do be wondering

Well, she sure got her calculations wrong here. brutal.

fakie varial flip

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2022, 08:40:37 AM »
I'm amazed that some of you are so goddamn dumb you don't know that math is a science, it is the foundation of other sciences, and that Einstein's form of physics is done completely through the use of mathematical equations. Put down the bong guys, jesus