Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 57797 times)

kenny lurk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #1080 on: January 13, 2022, 07:34:20 PM »
Individuals within 90 days of a documented COVID-19 infection fall within the equivalent of "fully vaccinated."
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33006959/ncaa-updates-covid-guidelines-winter-sports
Wtf is going on?
natural immunity apparently lasts 90 days.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1081 on: January 21, 2022, 07:22:52 AM »
Got the Moderna booster last night and just like last time my armpit/lymph nodes are swollen and painful.  Such a shitty awkward side effect.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1082 on: January 21, 2022, 07:23:59 AM »
Got the Moderna booster last night and just like last time my armpit/lymph nodes are swollen and painful.  Such a shitty awkward side effect.

fr, that was the worst for me as well. my lymphnode in my left armpit was bigger than a golf ball.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1083 on: January 21, 2022, 07:39:35 AM »
Individuals within 90 days of a documented COVID-19 infection fall within the equivalent of "fully vaccinated."
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33006959/ncaa-updates-covid-guidelines-winter-sports
Wtf is going on?

A lot of these things ("experts" and so on) seem kind of like:

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1084 on: January 21, 2022, 01:20:18 PM »
@ok boomer
Best signature gift ever. Memories, man. Memories
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #1085 on: January 22, 2022, 04:51:40 AM »

This is mind boggling. Uk is supposedly getting rid of their Covid restrictions, and we have a public school teacher taping a mask to someone's child. What a fuckshow.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 05:15:42 AM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1086 on: January 22, 2022, 06:42:14 AM »
yeah, shit is getting weird. i guess we're about to enter that phase where covid is like the flu. stuff doesn't move at the same speeds, but i guess all countries will evt. open up. since there are a couple more vaccines and now even medication coming out soon, i guess the overall sentiment is that the pandemic is going endemic and manageable without stuff like lockdowns.

it just won't happen at the same time everywhere and of course will be done differently.

in germany the rules are pretty dumb, too. as in paradoxical. you can do whatever if you are boostered without getting tested, even though it's clear now that the current vaccines don't really prevent infection. so boostered people can theoretically spill it around unknowingly as long as they don't get tested and maybe find out that they have. generally there are now several tiers of (non-)privileges you have according to vaccination status. and they also halved the time you are seen as immunized from 6 months to 3 over night on the weekend, so on saturday a great deal of people had suddenly no official immunization anymore, had to get tests for their shopping or to go to a restaurant, or couldn't go to their soccer games. and that pissed a good deal of people off.

unfortunately the new government seems as clueless as the last, even though the new health minister seems to be more qualified than the last. the pandemic is also a great excuse for our new government to not do any other work. minimum wage is getting raised, but they will do it at the end of the year, even tho for the people it would be way better to hurry that up.

projects for a greener/more environmentally friendly economy, weed legalization, reform of healthcare and welfare systems are all postponed until whenever, because our government says it can't do anything besides handling the pandemic. but the states are actually doing what they want anyways, and it seems we got our version of a biden administration that seems a bit nicer than the last, but seems to get nothing done just the same or forfeited all the good ideas they came up with to win elections just to do bare minimum. of course there is the ukraine crisis now as well.

i hope this is the last really bad wave of covid, but i'm still bracing myself for one or two more years of this madness.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1087 on: January 23, 2022, 11:33:15 AM »
Just had my third Moderna shot early this morning.

I know a lot of people were pretty beat up by their third dose, but for me it did the total opposite: I feel like I'm on cocaine right now and I have a TON of energy, I don't get it. Arm doesn't hurt at all and I have no symptoms like my first two shots (which were extremely mild compared to others), I'm just wide awake. I watched the UFC and went to bed late last night, smoked a ton of weed, drank about 9 beers and ate like crap, I have every reason to feel like shit right now but nope.

So far I have shovelled my balcony and my driveway, cleaned the hell out of my bathroom, passed the vacuum cleaner everywhere, did some washing, prepared some lunches for the week and now I'm about to go for a walk. I might even get on my bike later if I have energy.

Maybe it'll hit me later but for now I feel great.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1088 on: January 23, 2022, 03:38:12 PM »
Would be sick if the 3rd shot just was cocaine

Fhk

« Reply #1089 on: January 23, 2022, 03:42:31 PM »
Sounds like it is in Canada!

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1090 on: January 23, 2022, 06:00:50 PM »

I know a lot of people were pretty beat up by their third dose, but for me it did the total opposite: I feel like I'm on cocaine right now and I have a TON of energy, I don't get it. Arm doesn't hurt at all and I have no symptoms like my first two shots (which were extremely mild compared to others), I'm just wide awake. I watched the UFC and went to bed late last night, smoked a ton of weed, drank about 9 beers and ate like crap, I have every reason to feel like shit right now but nope.

So far I have shovelled my balcony and my driveway, cleaned the hell out of my bathroom, passed the vacuum cleaner everywhere, did some washing, prepared some lunches for the week and now I'm about to go for a walk. I might even get on my bike later if I have energy.

I got a Moderna booster shot a few weeks back and the long-covid effects, such as being brain dead/brain fog and low energy, have mostly dissipated. Pretty rad

Dog the Bounty Hunter

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1091 on: January 23, 2022, 07:09:34 PM »
My bi annual subscription to a pharma experiment is making me feel like shit… GET VAXXD YALL!!!
Icehead

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1092 on: January 23, 2022, 09:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got a Moderna booster shot a few weeks back and the long-covid effects, such as being brain dead/brain fog and low energy, have mostly dissipated. Pretty rad
That's really awesome. I know covid knocked you down hard and it's good you can finally feel normal again.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #1093 on: January 23, 2022, 10:18:20 PM »
Anyone else get armpit pain following their booster?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1094 on: January 23, 2022, 10:47:20 PM »

Also had some serious coke energy, but after my second shot. Crushed some cheeseburgers, hit the bike, had a way too long phone call with my sister-in-law about irrelevant novels. Good times. Was looking forward to the booster but all I got was a sore arm. Clearly some stepped on shit...

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #1095 on: January 24, 2022, 05:56:38 AM »
@ok boomer
Best signature gift ever. Memories, man. Memories

It's a classic flick. Should be nationally protected

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1096 on: January 24, 2022, 06:25:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like it is in Canada!

Hey man we’re the land of snow for a reason.

(No actually the blow here is total shit and cut to hell and back)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: January 24, 2022, 10:16:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That's really awesome. I know covid knocked you down hard and it's good you can finally feel normal again.

thanks! It's pretty nice to be feeling pretty well and in a good mood again!

thebacker

« Reply #1098 on: January 25, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »
had it last week and it was pretty mellow aside from severe congestion and some fatigue

had symptoms from monday-thursday

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1099 on: January 26, 2022, 11:01:35 AM »
woke up overnight thursday of last week sweating with a horrible sore throat. i ended up sleeping for like 36 hours, minus getting up late friday afternoon to take a covid test that was positive.

today would be day 6 and im still coughing like crazy. half of them are "productive" and the rest is a dry chest burning shitty painful thing. also still have a stuffy or runny nose and some on and off fatigue. stomach isnt feeling great either as ive barely desired food in the last day or two.

i had the j&j about 6 months prior. this definitely sucks but we work from home most of the time, so its not been too bad as far as work goes. luckily i had a PTO day on friday so i was able to sleep/rest during the absolute worst of it without any guilt.

ive had hangovers that were up there with how bad i felt friday but otherwise dont remember ever feeling that bad. i could barely stay asleep because the body aches were so bad no matter which way i laid.

hoping this fizzles off but even with the vax, it sucks.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: January 26, 2022, 11:37:09 AM »
woke up overnight thursday of last week sweating with a horrible sore throat. i ended up sleeping for like 36 hours, minus getting up late friday afternoon to take a covid test that was positive.

today would be day 6 and im still coughing like crazy. half of them are "productive" and the rest is a dry chest burning shitty painful thing. also still have a stuffy or runny nose and some on and off fatigue. stomach isnt feeling great either as ive barely desired food in the last day or two.

i had the j&j about 6 months prior. this definitely sucks but we work from home most of the time, so its not been too bad as far as work goes. luckily i had a PTO day on friday so i was able to sleep/rest during the absolute worst of it without any guilt.

ive had hangovers that were up there with how bad i felt friday but otherwise dont remember ever feeling that bad. i could barely stay asleep because the body aches were so bad no matter which way i laid.

hoping this fizzles off but even with the vax, it sucks.

Yo my friend, I'm sorry you're feeling shitty. Take time off if you can and just sleep. Let your brain and body fight w.o needing to think. Hydration and ibuprofen help

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #1101 on: January 26, 2022, 11:41:51 AM »
Recently went for my booster. No side effects.

This was to be my final hit, but let's be clear about this. There's final hits and final hits. What kind was this to be?
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #1102 on: January 26, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
Well played Rent Boy.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1103 on: January 26, 2022, 02:52:58 PM »
Anyone else get armpit pain following their booster?

I did, big time. It actually freaked me out, but I knew that's where a lymphnode is.

First two shots didn't phase me, but the booster knocked me down. Fever, aches, swollen pit, the works.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1104 on: January 26, 2022, 05:54:54 PM »
I mixed and matched. Double dose of Pfizer, followed by a Moderna booster. Apparently, it makes you feel worse, but offers slightly enhanced immunity. I had a fever for 18 hours or so, but managed to do my work. My wife had no side effects beyond the standard sore arm. Glad to have it out of the way.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1105 on: February 01, 2022, 11:05:17 AM »
Question of the day. Have I again contracted a Covid-19 variant? It's sure feeling like a low-key Covid infection these past 24 hours. Gonna go get a test in a bit. Hey, I'll test positive and it won't be too bad. Maybe I'll get a chance to get some monoclonal antibodies this time too.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: February 01, 2022, 12:56:03 PM »
I mixed and matched. Double dose of Pfizer, followed by a Moderna booster. Apparently, it makes you feel worse, but offers slightly enhanced immunity. I had a fever for 18 hours or so, but managed to do my work. My wife had no side effects beyond the standard sore arm. Glad to have it out of the way.

i got the same combo. my arm hurt a bit more after the moderna booster, and i had shivers for an hour before going to bed on day 1. felt a little more tired for two days and that was it.

Question of the day. Have I again contracted a Covid-19 variant? It's sure feeling like a low-key Covid infection these past 24 hours. Gonna go get a test in a bit. Hey, I'll test positive and it won't be too bad. Maybe I'll get a chance to get some monoclonal antibodies this time too.

shit, hoping for you it's not covid again!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #1107 on: February 01, 2022, 09:13:12 PM »
Recently went for my booster. No side effects.

This was to be my final hit, but let's be clear about this. There's final hits and final hits. What kind was this to be?

... Stuffing your arms with that shite...

Got third Pfizer yesterday, arm hurts, we'll see about the rest.

Edit: yeah... got kind of cucked... Weak and slow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 02:23:15 AM by iKobrakai »

Fhk

« Reply #1108 on: February 28, 2022, 11:58:30 AM »
Mask off, fuck it mask off!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1109 on: February 28, 2022, 05:44:14 PM »
I'm keeping my mask on. I will be a ninja henceforth.