Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58076 times)

skateboardnorth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #1050 on: January 08, 2022, 09:33:25 PM »
Been insanely sick for 12 days. Today is my first day of feeling like I’m recovering. Took a rapid test and PCR the first day I felt sick and both came back negative. Continued to get worse and worse to the point I was bedridden. Felt like I was drowning when I tried to sleep. Ended up getting bronchitis. Felt like I was going to die at times. Maybe bad flu? I’ve been reading that nasal swabs aren’t catching omicron as well as a throat swab, so maybe that’s what happened. Who knows. Girlfriend never caught it, so that’s good at least.

I tried to return to work Thursday because I felt “better”, but my boss sent me home after an hour. In that hour I was there 12 people called out with positive covid cases. It’s everywhere.
There are still other illnesses that exist.  Way before covid I had a flu one year that I thought was going to kill me.  It made covid look like a weak bitch.  And I say that as someone that caught a fairly bad case of Covid.  I caught it before I was eligible for vaccine, and it was one of the early strains.  Hope you heal up fully!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1051 on: January 08, 2022, 09:58:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Been insanely sick for 12 days. Today is my first day of feeling like I’m recovering. Took a rapid test and PCR the first day I felt sick and both came back negative. Continued to get worse and worse to the point I was bedridden. Felt like I was drowning when I tried to sleep. Ended up getting bronchitis. Felt like I was going to die at times. Maybe bad flu? I’ve been reading that nasal swabs aren’t catching omicron as well as a throat swab, so maybe that’s what happened. Who knows. Girlfriend never caught it, so that’s good at least.

I tried to return to work Thursday because I felt “better”, but my boss sent me home after an hour. In that hour I was there 12 people called out with positive covid cases. It’s everywhere.
[close]
There are still other illnesses that exist.  Way before covid I had a flu one year that I thought was going to kill me.  It made covid look like a weak bitch.  And I say that as someone that caught a fairly bad case of Covid.  I caught it before I was eligible for vaccine, and it was one of the early strains.  Hope you heal up fully!

yeah flu is still out there, there have been cases of people catching both at the same time, they call it flurona. but apparently the flu has a hard time due to the pandemic restrictions.

best wishes for your recovery @skateboardnorthEDIT:  i actually mean @Grampa sry about mixing up you guys quotes

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:10:57 AM by Frank »

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #1052 on: January 09, 2022, 03:21:00 AM »
I had that swine flu back 10 years or so ago. Shot knocked me around hard. I was feverish for days, having crazy fever dreams, haunted by this ad for Subway sandwiches that even seeped into my dreams.

Hope COVID isn't like that for me, it's everywhere at the moment so I guess I'll get it sometime, best thing you can do is get vaxxed and hope it treats ya well
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #1053 on: January 09, 2022, 05:20:53 AM »
had my third shot of biontech in december (comparable to moderna) and no side effects aside that my arm hurt for half a day

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1054 on: January 09, 2022, 05:14:20 PM »
i got boosterd with moderna today. no side effects yet other than sore arm. actually surprised i am doing this well since i haven't slept and eaten well the day coming up. i got two biontec shots before and the worst side effect i had was that the armpit of the arm i got shot in swol up, including lymph node, but that lasted a day and wasn't very severe either.

i'm pretty sure though there's a good chance i caught the bug right then and there. like holy fuck, we had to sit with like hundred other people around for about an hour and i think all the time dude, someone in here must have covid rn for sure.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1055 on: January 09, 2022, 09:22:58 PM »
Exercise the fuck out of your poked arm and it won't hurt nearly as bad the next day. Push ups, pull ups, shadow box.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1056 on: January 10, 2022, 03:05:53 AM »
Exercise the fuck out of your poked arm and it won't hurt nearly as bad the next day. Push ups, pull ups, shadow box.

i do that every two days anyways, doing curls rn babeee!

i had mad shivers when i went to bed, felt like i would get a fever. slept pretty well and now i feel pretty good again. just my whole left side hurts a bit like it's sore, like i took a slam to it, moreso than with the first two shots. and i have a slight headache, like being mildly hungover. but it's alright. heard of some that moderna fucked them up for a day or two, so i'll just stay home today and tomorrow. what a great time to be unemployed.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #1057 on: January 10, 2022, 05:20:05 AM »

Ehm.. Bro.... After my first pfizer I could barely squat and deadlift, upper body movement was out of the question.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #1058 on: January 11, 2022, 10:41:31 AM »
Premier of Quebec not fucking around anymore, says he’ll implement a “significant financial penalty” for those without medical exemptions that refuse to get vaxxed.  I’m sure this will go over well… would love to see such measures even suggested in the US.  Hope you got your shots @TheBoognish

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1059 on: January 11, 2022, 11:41:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ehm.. Bro.... After my first pfizer I could barely squat and deadlift, upper body movement was out of the question.

just tried to excercise the fuck out of my arms. the left one just hurts more now.

at least i got a bunch of reps in.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1060 on: January 11, 2022, 03:34:50 PM »
Premier of Quebec not fucking around anymore, says he’ll implement a “significant financial penalty” for those without medical exemptions that refuse to get vaxxed.  I’m sure this will go over well… would love to see such measures even suggested in the US.  Hope you got your shots @TheBoognish

This is going to be a major shitshow and nothing positive will come of it, if anything, it'll further divide an already very divided people. Won't be surprised to see this either heading to the Supreme Court or turning into something else entirely.

But yes, I have my two doses and booster shot appointments start on the 14th for my age group, because like always, Quebec is behind.

Legault does not do this for the people, he does this for his electors. If the boomers feel safe, that's all he needs and will win the next election for sure.

Dr. Horacio Arruda, our Health Director, resigned yesterday so the next few weeks will be something.

I just want to get back to doing jiu-jitsu man, that's all I want.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1061 on: January 11, 2022, 04:40:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is going to be a major shitshow and nothing positive will come of it, if anything, it'll further divide an already very divided people. Won't be surprised to see this either heading to the Supreme Court or turning into something else entirely.

But yes, I have my two doses and booster shot appointments start on the 14th for my age group, because like always, Quebec is behind.

Legault does not do this for the people, he does this for his electors. If the boomers feel safe, that's all he needs and will win the next election for sure.

Dr. Horacio Arruda, our Health Director, resigned yesterday so the next few weeks will be something.

This is how I see it playing out too. The News stations are already chomping at the bit about it and it's all you'll hear on the news this week in Canada. This country gets divided mroe and more everyday it seems.

The real "enemy" is the government for not investing in healthcare for the last 40 years, but it's all to easy to scapegoat a group of humans for something our overlords overlooked

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1062 on: January 11, 2022, 04:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is how I see it playing out too. The News stations are already chomping at the bit about it and it's all you'll hear on the news this week in Canada. This country gets divided mroe and more everyday it seems.

The real "enemy" is the government for not investing in healthcare for the last 40 years, but it's all to easy to scapegoat a group of humans for something our overlords overlooked

I agree about a lack of investment in healthcare, in the US anyways, there's no investment in healthcare.

TBH, I feel that if the US had taken a better approach, rather than complete denial and conspiracy peddling from the White House, such division might not be so harsh up North.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #1063 on: January 11, 2022, 05:23:20 PM »
Very interesting to see what's going on in Quebec (Ontario here myself)

I also saw that they made it illegal for liquor and weed dispensaries to sell to people who don't show vaccine cards, thought that was funny and in all seriousness quite effective

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1064 on: January 12, 2022, 04:03:51 AM »
 I'm fully Vaxd. Pfizer.  Whole family started feeling I'll Saturday.
 Wife got a positive take home result Monday. I went Tuesday to mass test and am also positive.  Sat in a line of cars for 2 hours in misery to get tested for HR at work.  Ready to feel better anytime now.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1065 on: January 12, 2022, 06:31:42 AM »

I also saw that they made it illegal for liquor and weed dispensaries to sell to people who don't show vaccine cards, thought that was funny and in all seriousness quite effective

Since they made weed stores and liquor stores Vax-pass only, there’s been a huge uptick of first doses for a lot of unvax’d people. It’s working.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1066 on: January 12, 2022, 06:52:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Since they made weed stores and liquor stores Vax-pass only, there’s been a huge uptick of first doses for a lot of unvax’d people. It’s working.
i think he was referencing the health tax the premiere was proposing implementing on the un vax'd

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1067 on: January 12, 2022, 09:16:18 AM »
Been feeling under the weather for a couple days now, super paranoid about having COVID. Seems like half the people I know have it right now. Fully vaxxed and boostered, so we’ll see how it goes.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1068 on: January 12, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »
Been feeling under the weather for a couple days now, super paranoid about having COVID. Seems like half the people I know have it right now. Fully vaxxed and boostered, so we’ll see how it goes.

brother frank,

wish you the best for recovery. i just got boostered and it's everywhere. technically i saw two people that might have had it at that point. testing sites are booked out and everyone seems to be negative in the home tests.

i try to keep my mood chill as long as i'm not feeling like total trash.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #1069 on: January 12, 2022, 10:10:20 AM »
My kid’s class got sent home Monday due to positive cases. He’s vaxxed but had to quarantine anyway.  He got tested this morning, all good. He can go back today but we’re keeping him home until Monday; we’re getting text alerts from the school every night “another 9, 10, 11 new cases today.”

Work is changing. Encouraged to not meet clients face to face for the next few weeks. Can go get tested during work hours and not have to log it. Taking an “extended lunch” today for that.

It’s everywhere, and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to not throw my hands up like fuck it. Covid apathy is a real thing I guess.

Fhk

« Reply #1070 on: January 12, 2022, 12:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The government creates the hate, and the media just stokes the flames. A divided country is obviously less of a threat to those overlords. They win just as they planned.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1071 on: January 12, 2022, 12:19:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
The government creates the hate, and the media just stokes the flames. A divided country is obviously less of a threat to those overlords. They win just as they planned.

Couldn't of said it any better.

thebacker

« Reply #1072 on: January 12, 2022, 12:55:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lynch_speech

Fhk

« Reply #1073 on: January 12, 2022, 01:59:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lynch_speech
The ole Divide and conquer routine.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
« Reply #1074 on: January 12, 2022, 05:32:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
the powers that be start it but damned if a lot of us don't join in and play the part. do you guys like bill maher? a few yrs ago he wished for a recession to get trump out of office. now he got his wish and the genie still owes him 2 wishes.

No one likes bill Maher, just like they don't like you fuckwit

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1075 on: January 13, 2022, 02:51:38 AM »
Apparently François Legault is going to announce the end of the Quebec-wide curfew tonight, it should take effect on Monday.

Polls must be terrible right now, because that's what he bases everything off of.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1076 on: January 13, 2022, 05:56:30 AM »
Not much Omicron here in Singapore, but it's in the post. Had my Moderna booster today. Don't feel too bad, actually.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1077 on: January 13, 2022, 06:39:41 AM »
Not much Omicron here in Singapore, but it's in the post. Had my Moderna booster today. Don't feel too bad, actually.

it fucked me up a day later, but mostly i felt like a took a bad slam on my left body side, headaches included. had the shivers for a little before i went to sleep the first night. generally just slept a lot for three days. day 4 and now i feel normal again.

Fhk

« Reply #1078 on: January 13, 2022, 07:07:34 PM »
Individuals within 90 days of a documented COVID-19 infection fall within the equivalent of "fully vaccinated."
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/33006959/ncaa-updates-covid-guidelines-winter-sports
Wtf is going on?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1079 on: January 13, 2022, 07:12:01 PM »
NCAA just wants to get back to exploiting college students and stack that paper again.