Author Topic: Deshawn on King Skateboards  (Read 13998 times)

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Deshawn on King Skateboards
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2023, 12:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tell us how you know dude
[close]

someone in the industry told me. He has no board prospects yet. but i guess he wasn't meshing with the Toy team.. big surprise there...
[close]

I have an inside source that told me when a bunch of Toy guys went to Baltimore to turn Myles pro everyone stayed at Myles parents house and crashed in the basement, Dashawn requested a hotel room.

I will also say that I met him at the after party and he was the nicest dude without a doubt.

And I will also say I don't hold anything against him for wanting a hotel room. We did a trip recently with the shop I ride for and the owner paid for a hotel room and everyone was invited. I'm old, I'm not sleeping on a floor, I am going to sleep when I want to go to sleep. I paid for my own room.

So not only does Tum Yeto not pay teamriders, they don’t put them up in hotels either?

I don’t blame him at all. You don’t know who snores or farts in their sleep. You also don’t want Ed Templeton taking pictures of you while you sleep.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2023, 12:45:17 PM »
I can wait for someone to confirm this

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2023, 12:57:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

someone in the industry told me. He has no board prospects yet. but i guess he wasn't meshing with the Toy team.. big surprise there...
[close]

I have an inside source that told me when a bunch of Toy guys went to Baltimore to turn Myles pro everyone stayed at Myles parents house and crashed in the basement, Dashawn requested a hotel room.

I will also say that I met him at the after party and he was the nicest dude without a doubt.

And I will also say I don't hold anything against him for wanting a hotel room. We did a trip recently with the shop I ride for and the owner paid for a hotel room and everyone was invited. I'm old, I'm not sleeping on a floor, I am going to sleep when I want to go to sleep. I paid for my own room.
[close]

So not only does Tum Yeto not pay teamriders, they don’t put them up in hotels either?

I don’t blame him at all. You don’t know who snores or farts in their sleep. You also don’t want Ed Templeton taking pictures of you while you sleep.

I don't think Toy was refusing to pay for hotels for everyone else. I think that Myles was going to stay with his parents and a bunch of the team is super close and stayed in Myles childhood home with him. Sort of like how people crash at Dan Lu's parents house when they are passing through there.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -216
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2023, 01:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't think Toy was refusing to pay for hotels for everyone else. I think that Myles was going to stay with his parents and a bunch of the team is super close and stayed in Myles childhood home with him. Sort of like how people crash at Dan Lu's parents house when they are passing through there.

I get it. Some people just need their space.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2023, 10:11:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you're going to start a thread speculating on this, spell his name correctly and mention how he was skating a blank board in his last IG post

[close]
I had a realization watching this. Hes just Tommy fynn 2.0. Super generic ripper with an overused bag of tricks.
[close]

i dont really see any similarities between them other then they are both black.

Dashawn Jordan is grinding up handrails, i would say he is closer to brandon westgate / leo romero than tommy fynn. hardly anyone else is doing that and those other 2 i named are absolute legends and top of the game.

the way he does laser flip is actually really nice i dont really understand the hate. its a 360 flip that goes in the opposite direction and flips the opposite way. no one else is doing them nice like the way he does them. he basically invented a new way to do the trick, kinda like how bryan herman started doing hardflips and everyone started doing them "properly" all of a sudden after that. or how penny / reynolds started shiftying their kickflips.

he also has really good fs 270 to board i guess that is kind of a generic trick but still the way he does it is definintely different because he lands to regular - he has a really good fs 360 in general which is also not that common to see.
Being black is the only similarity I was thinking of…
You are way off the mark with Leo or westgate. Grinding up rails is not uncommon these days.

Him and fynn are both jockey contest dudes, with their go to tricks but don’t really have much to bring to the table otherwise. Both very talented but just boring.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2023, 06:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you're going to start a thread speculating on this, spell his name correctly and mention how he was skating a blank board in his last IG post

[close]
I had a realization watching this. Hes just Tommy fynn 2.0. Super generic ripper with an overused bag of tricks.
[close]

i dont really see any similarities between them other then they are both black.

Dashawn Jordan is grinding up handrails, i would say he is closer to brandon westgate / leo romero than tommy fynn. hardly anyone else is doing that and those other 2 i named are absolute legends and top of the game.

the way he does laser flip is actually really nice i dont really understand the hate. its a 360 flip that goes in the opposite direction and flips the opposite way. no one else is doing them nice like the way he does them. he basically invented a new way to do the trick, kinda like how bryan herman started doing hardflips and everyone started doing them "properly" all of a sudden after that. or how penny / reynolds started shiftying their kickflips.

he also has really good fs 270 to board i guess that is kind of a generic trick but still the way he does it is definintely different because he lands to regular - he has a really good fs 360 in general which is also not that common to see.
[close]
Being black is the only similarity I was thinking of…
You are way off the mark with Leo or westgate. Grinding up rails is not uncommon these days.

Him and fynn are both jockey contest dudes, with their go to tricks but don’t really have much to bring to the table otherwise. Both very talented but just boring.

Oh we know

sle_epy

• Rep: -96
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2023, 04:03:14 AM »
Would krooked be a weird fit? I dunno why but it keeps popping into my head. I think there's a reason he's on TM, maybe it fits his personality better than say King or whatever. That said krooked seems in a similar vein in certain ways to TM but has less of the baggage that comes with TMs current reputation. 
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

POWPOWPOWERWHEELS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2023, 09:37:13 PM »
He was riding an April deck in sls

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2023, 09:57:52 PM »
Would krooked be a weird fit?

Respectfully, yes. 

I thought we established in one of the other Dashawn threads that the man is on April?

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2023, 10:07:03 PM »
I heard he thinks he’s more valuable than he actually is

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 779
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2023, 10:25:11 PM »
I heard he thinks he’s more valuable than he actually is
Should we take issue with him or the ****** negotiating his deals. Circa wallet?

nothing's been the since same

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2023, 10:31:30 PM »

bohemian

• Rep: -324
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2023, 10:47:28 PM »
he is perfect for this ugly dressing no style skateboard team.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2023, 05:09:59 AM »
thanks for this.  I love a good music video

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2023, 05:48:23 AM »
Had never heard his music before but holy shit. This was some next level wack, with the voice reminiscing of an imbred baby. Does he sound like that when he speaks in real life or is it some autotune variant? My girlfriend was watching some teenage Brazilian series on Netflix and all the music sounded like that Dashawn tune, super embarrassing.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2023, 06:16:23 AM »
I’m surprised he isn’t on like blind or birdhouse. The whole pro skater / pop star thing to me isn’t my cup of tea - but one should do what they want with there life
 I j wish toy machine would become a dope cohesive team again.
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2023, 06:17:48 AM »
Yeah I’m trying really hard to be less judgemental, but you can see it in the eyes of everyone in that video, Dashawn included, they all know exactly how corny it is.  Just absolute bottom of the barrel, materialistic, fake it till you make it, LA wannabe influencer bullshit.  For “art” that’s supposed to represent joy, it’s some of the most vapid, soulless, depressing I’ve ever seen or heard.   All the comments gassing him up makes it even worse. 

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2023, 06:30:48 AM »
Yeah I’m trying really hard to be less judgemental, but you can see it in the eyes of everyone in that video, Dashawn included, they all know exactly how corny it is.  Just absolute bottom of the barrel, materialistic, fake it till you make it, LA wannabe influencer bullshit.  For “art” that’s supposed to represent joy, it’s some of the most vapid, soulless, depressing I’ve ever seen or heard.   All the comments gassing him up makes it even worse.
This
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

sle_epy

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2023, 08:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Would krooked be a weird fit?
[close]

Respectfully, yes. 

I thought we established in one of the other Dashawn threads that the man is on April?

April makes sense. He always strikes me like he's still trying to find his identity so a brand without one is perfect.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2023, 08:07:24 AM »
He looks like the type of dude that would come to your school to try to recruit you into the army
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2023, 08:10:26 AM »

Impressively bad. At 1:44, it was engineered specifically for use in shitty TikTok and Instagram lifestyle clips. Just terrible, what a pile of shit.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

sle_epy

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2023, 08:11:09 AM »
He looks like the type of dude that would come to your school to try to recruit you into the army

Lol

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2023, 08:11:50 AM »
Can't listen at the moment as I'm at work. Looks bad, but does it sound better or worse than Nakel's raps?

At least Deshawn seems to be a better and nicer person than Nakel.

But overall I'm asking the question.... "Why?"
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2023, 08:16:24 AM »
Can't listen at the moment as I'm at work. Looks bad, but does it sound better or worse than Nakel's raps?

He sounds like Jeremy Casanova, both must be using a similar squeaky-voice special effect.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2023, 08:20:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He sounds like Jeremy Casanova, both must be using a similar squeaky-voice special effect.

Guess both are some real trailblazers in the rapgame. Squeakin n freakin on that tenchiquin
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 47
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2023, 08:54:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Impressively bad. At 1:44, it was engineered specifically for use in shitty TikTok and Instagram lifestyle clips. Just terrible, what a pile of shit.

god damn, that's bad.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 954
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2023, 09:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm ok with Ed photographing me in my sleep. So long as he doesn't use the photo for evil and I get a box or something like that after the photo goes viral

At least a copy of the photo in a cool lil frame.

I'm ok with people taking my picture all the time now. Before it could lead to conflict.

When I was younger I couldn't even look in the mirror.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2023, 09:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm ok with Ed photographing me in my sleep. So long as he doesn't use the photo for evil and I get a box or something like that after the photo goes viral

I'm ok with people taking my picture all the time now. Before it could lead to conflict.

mind sharing with us how you overcame this?  I sense this is something we can all learn from

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2023, 09:07:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s stupid auto tune being used incorrectly like all the rest of the cool people that can’t actually sing or do anything in tune like to use nowadays. It’s pure garbage.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 954
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2023, 09:16:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

mind sharing with us how you overcame this?  I sense this is something we can all learn from

LSD bud. It's not for everyone. I got about 200 hrs of maxro dosing with nothing but a mirror
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)