Author Topic: wall street journal write up/video about private bowls in minnesota/other areas  (Read 1533 times)

maggotspawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Cool article.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
A little steep, but I wish my city had one of these "clubs".

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
A little steep, but I wish my city had one of these "clubs".

i think when it says $500 or whatever that was just at the beginning to get the funds to build the bowl itself.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 607
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
This showed up as a sponsored link for me and I am 100% serious.

http://www.skaterboy.org/boi/

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
  • Speculatnaciousness?
My friend Bill was in that video.  Nice.  Skated both the Blood Bowl and The Hiawatha.  Great scenes, good fun.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2266
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The dude who wrote this called me to interview me about private parks. Apparently he was doing research into The Berrics and someone told him he should talk to me because of my blog. I think he was trying to get an opinion out of me that private parks aren't cool, but all I could tell him was "No way, private parks are rad. I wish I had one. It's just The Berrics is lame and Steve Berra is a fucking loser."

SheepShagger

The dude who wrote this called me to interview me about private parks. Apparently he was doing research into The Berrics and someone told him he should talk to me because of my blog. I think he was trying to get an opinion out of me that private parks aren't cool, but all I could tell him was "No way, private parks are rad. I wish I had one. It's just The Berrics is lame and Steve Berra is a fucking loser."

Private parks are gay. Skateboarding is not golf.  It's just because you are fat and old that you think they are cool.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:20:36 PM by SheepShagger »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Expand Quote
[close]

Private parks are gay. Skateboarding is not golf.  It's just because you are fat and old that you think they are cool.

Skateboarders are people first, all private clubs are about the same things, get over it.

vans man

• Rep: 4
This is why I'm sad to leave mlps, its a dope skate scene. also its not like you have to pay to skate it you pay to get a key, if you know someone with a key your good
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:48:59 PM by vans man »

SKATE DAD

• Rep: 5
Hiawatha shredding.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
My best friend belongs to a private ramp club in Cleveland. Some friends and me had one in Akron Ohio in the mid 90's, it's awesome to be able to skate whenever you want and not have to worry about the elements, kooks and other annoying things you have to deal with in the real world.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
My friend Bill was in that video.  Nice.  Skated both the Blood Bowl and The Hiawatha.  Great scenes, good fun.

bill is awesome. i havent skated blood bowl, but hiawatha is fun as hell.

janky858

Expand Quote
[close]

you dont even skate, so your 2 cents doesnt matter here. calling it a training facility is dumb but having your own private park isnt anything near "golfing" or whatever you were getting at with that. having your own place to skate sounds pretty fun to me.. ALSO I ACTUALLY SKATEBOARD SO MY OPINON COUNTS.. ya fuckin poser

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
I think these places look amazing. If there was something like this going on in my town I definitely be a part of it. I like skating tranny and whenever I'm off work the park in the area are always rammed with bmxs, scooters and just kids acting like idiots in general.

A load of guys had indoor ramp with a box and a flatbar beside it in an area I was temporarily living in for 3 months. I never got a key but they told me to just pitch up and if there was someone skating I was welcome. When I was leaving I took the 3 guys who were covering most of the costs out for food and beers. Had lots of good sessions there, a really good scene!

P.S I'm a member of a golf club, does that make me a kook?

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
Expand Quote
[close]

you must not have received the invite...boo hoo.  just an fyi, when you get to be in your 30's, 40's, and 50's skating with 8-23 year olds tends to not be that fun.
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
I think these places look amazing. If there was something like this going on in my town I definitely be a part of it. I like skating tranny and whenever I'm off work the park in the area are always rammed with bmxs, scooters and just kids acting like idiots in general.

A load of guys had indoor ramp with a box and a flatbar beside it in an area I was temporarily living in for 3 months. I never got a key but they told me to just pitch up and if there was someone skating I was welcome. When I was leaving I took the 3 guys who were covering most of the costs out for food and beers. Had lots of good sessions there, a really good scene!

P.S I'm a member of a golf club, does that make me a kook?

same here, kook me!

these private park are awesome.
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

Beeda Weeda

i really want to organize somthing like this in my area. great idea.