Author Topic: RFK Jr.  (Read 7862 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
RFK Jr.
« on: June 21, 2023, 10:22:27 AM »
Your thoughts on his campaign?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

cky enthusiast

Re: RFK Jr.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 11:10:52 AM »

nah check this out instead

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2023, 11:21:10 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2023/06/21/1183456911/justice-alito-propublica-singer

i think the state of the oligarchy and its supreme court have more heft
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 11:25:43 AM »
With his antivax bullshit and Qanon's weird obsession with JFK, I feel like he'd have better luck running as a Republican?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 12:18:54 PM »
Just putting my ear to the ground here
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 01:42:24 PM »

What do you think about him?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 04:10:09 PM »
I like him so far. He's almost like another Trump figure in the way that he's appealing to disgruntled people on both sides.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 04:19:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

His voice is an acquired taste, but immaculate hair.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 09:54:11 PM »
Seems willing to talk about a lot of things that candidates have rarely touched (CIA involvement in assassinations, regime change, big pharma), he’s well read on a variety of issues and is able to speak extemporaneously in a charismatic way once you get past his voice. And by the way, he is not antivax. Listen any of the in depth interviews he’s done about it and he’ll make the distinction that he is pro safe vaccines. His interview with Megyn Kelly is good if you want to see him go back and forth with someone who originally thought he was a crazy anti vaxxer and eventually comes to understand the nuance of his position.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 10:08:23 PM »
Seems willing to talk about a lot of things that candidates have rarely touched (CIA involvement in assassinations, regime change, big pharma), he’s well read on a variety of issues and is able to speak extemporaneously in a charismatic way once you get past his voice. And by the way, he is not antivax. Listen any of the in depth interviews he’s done about it and he’ll make the distinction that he is pro safe vaccines. His interview with Megyn Kelly is good if you want to see him go back and forth with someone who originally thought he was a crazy anti vaxxer and eventually comes to understand the nuance of his position.

Megyn Kelly understands nuance?  Care to share that nuance cause I'm not watching an interview with her.   

As far as I know, he's linked vaccines with autism and thinks the COVID-19 vaccine has harmed people.  He's against supporting Ukraine.

I don't think he's any special.   Being president is a lot more than just having the right "take" on issues, like cutting the military budget and reinvesting it.   He's just a guy to support that has no chance to win so you can remain being a malcontent about whomever actually wins.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 10:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

His voice is an acquired taste, but immaculate hair.

Sounds like you have him sussed!

And by the way, he is not antivax. Listen any of the in depth interviews he’s done about it and he’ll make the distinction that he is pro safe vaccines.

This is 1:1 an antivax position. As if there are people who are pro unsafe vaccines. Vaccines go through rigorous testing. All vaccines have possible side effects, yet the benefits outweigh the risk of said side effects or the disease they're meant to combat. This is also true for most prescription drugs.

This guy seems to be very invested in a bunch of conspiracy theories and fringe beliefs. I'm guessing that without his name he'd be just another anonymous crank on Twitter.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 11:18:01 PM »

You seem like a very dumb person who is convinced he is very, very smart.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2023, 12:07:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Very, very strong argument

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2023, 01:14:00 AM »
He's on that "Smart guy for stupid people" type beat.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2023, 05:56:39 AM »
I like him so far. He's almost like another Trump figure in the way that he's appealing to disgruntled people on both sides.

Yes, it's great to have sociopaths riling up the most angry and ignorant members of society.

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2023, 06:13:47 AM »
trump was cool cause he gave us $1800, yang was cool cause tried to run on free monthly payements, all these other people can suck my dick. there is no use or need for a president in my personal life.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2023, 06:24:59 AM »
trump was cool cause he gave us $1800, yang was cool cause tried to run on free monthly payements, all these other people can suck my dick. there is no use or need for a president in my personal life.

noselid

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 06:36:23 AM »
but seriously if money isnt the biggest issue facing your life your pretty lucky. i dont even see a point to politics anymore, all the laws are there to protect people, what more laws or policies do you want? everything is a fair playingfield now. we need to just move on and focus solely on economics so we actually improve our lives.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 06:38:35 AM »
but seriously if money isnt the biggest issue facing your life your pretty lucky. i dont even see a point to politics anymore, all the laws are there to protect people, what more laws or policies do you want? everything is a fair playingfield now. we need to just move on and focus solely on economics so we actually improve our lives.

are you doing a parody of a stupid straight white man?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 06:40:06 AM »

This is the most straight, middle-class white guy thing I've ever read in my life.

noselid

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2023, 06:50:56 AM »
am i wrong?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2023, 06:52:39 AM »
You're not really a disruptor in American politics until you really start talking about regulating corporations that continue to fuck over the working class, and not just vague soundbites that make it seem like you might . RFK Jr. touts himself as an "anti-establishment" candidate, but he's the same as the rest of the establishment Liberals and Republicans just with a tinge of conspiracy theory mumbo jumbo. At the end of the day he will get in line and still side with the ruling class just like any other politician. The "establishment" doesn't fear him as a legitimate threat, because they know he's a quack. He's simply there for chaos.. Basically another Tulsi Gabbard with no chance of winning anything.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:35:21 AM by Big Skatefase »

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2023, 07:23:24 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

What do you even get out of saying this? Does it make you feel better about yourself to personally insult anonymous people on the internet instead of addressing what they actually said?

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2023, 07:38:24 AM »
am i wrong?

Arguing honestly with you would take too much of my precious energy so instead I'm just going to Kook you and maybe insult you in a snide fashion (hopefully gaining Gnars from my fellow pals in the process)

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2023, 07:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

Arguing honestly with you would take too much of my precious energy so instead I'm just going to Kook you and maybe insult you in a snide fashion (hopefully gaining Gnars from my fellow pals in the process)
You could also
like tell them that some older skater who just got out of jail is looking for them or some shit

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023, 07:53:56 AM »
I find that if I nod supportively and smile at the conspiracy whacko at the skatepark, he leaves me alone eventually.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2023, 08:02:51 AM »
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

Yeah that's pretty much how it goes, and rightfully so. I don't have time to argue with every kook on the internet.
There's this weird trait that seems especially prevalent in right-wingers and conspiracy theorists where they think everyone owes them a debate. Nobody owes you a debate.
If you go onto a public forum and says some dumb shit, people have a right to say "shut up, dumbass" without dropping what they're doing to argue with a stranger.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023, 08:10:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]

Yeah that's pretty much how it goes, and rightfully so. I don't have time to argue with every kook on the internet.
There's this weird trait that seems especially prevalent in right-wingers and conspiracy theorists where they think everyone owes them a debate. Nobody owes you a debate.
If you go onto a public forum and says some dumb shit, people have a right to say "shut up, dumbass" without dropping what they're doing to argue with a stranger.

Why even bother engaging with it at all if you don't want to debate? Just ignore it instead of having to insult anyone

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]
You could also
like tell them that some older skater who just got out of jail is looking for them or some shit

Lol, epic roast. Gnared.

noselid

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2023, 08:21:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Why even bother engaging with it at all if you don't want to debate? Just ignore it instead of having to insult anyone

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]
You could also
[close]

Lol, epic roast. Gnared.
i know you like to pretend the kook sytem doesnt bother you, but you always post about, so it has to bother you, you should just be honest bro

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2023, 08:32:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
am i wrong?
[close]

[close]
You could also
[close]

Lol, epic roast. Gnared.
[close]
i know you like to pretend the kook sytem doesnt bother you, but you always post about, so it has to bother you, you should just be honest bro

Why do you think that I'm pretending it doesn't bother me? I think the kook/gnar system is wack as fuck but I'm not here to beg for a higher rep or anything.