Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717165 times)

snickers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -367
  • do you think this is a game?
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #1110 on: October 07, 2010, 07:44:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn mr fongstar u pretty much shut it down. great stuff, what where you shooting with?
[close]

Thanks man. Everyone on here is dope. I like how everyone has their own unique style. I really like this thread a lot.

And I am shooting with a Nikon D90 with 10.5 fisheye, 35mm 1.4 and my kit lens but I am going to sell it all this month and get a Canon 5D Mark 2.
[close]

not buyin the 60d hype? that actuating lcd looks infinitely useful for photos...
[close]

Naw.....the Nikon D7000 is way better anyways. I swivel screen LCD is cool but not a defining feature to ever jump and buy a camera. And I held the camera the other day and it seems so cheap feeling compared to its predecessor the 50D. Plus I want to shoot full frame finally...so the Mark 2 should hold me out for a while. But sucks that rumors are saying that the new Mark 2 replacement should be coming out maybe summer next year.

And some more pics of NYC:

[close]

ya i'm a bit of a kook when it comes to nikon cams, and full frame would be a nice step up. and very true, unfortunately, the 50d isn't anywhere near the same level as the 5d. i guess it's just on my mind cuz it dropped a few months after i got the 550d, and for a few extra hundreds and a little patience, i could have had some pretty useful upgrades that don't seem to be on the lower end dslrs. but on the bright for you, if u wait for the new 5d to drop... it'll drive the price down on the old one. either way your shit is looking pretty crisp so keep it up.  im always stoked to see a post from you on this thread.
There hasn't been any talk of a new 5D, and the Mark 1 in good condition still goes for 1200-1400.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #1111 on: October 07, 2010, 07:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
damn mr fongstar u pretty much shut it down. great stuff, what where you shooting with?
[close]

Thanks man. Everyone on here is dope. I like how everyone has their own unique style. I really like this thread a lot.

And I am shooting with a Nikon D90 with 10.5 fisheye, 35mm 1.4 and my kit lens but I am going to sell it all this month and get a Canon 5D Mark 2.
[close]

not buyin the 60d hype? that actuating lcd looks infinitely useful for photos...
[close]

Naw.....the Nikon D7000 is way better anyways. I swivel screen LCD is cool but not a defining feature to ever jump and buy a camera. And I held the camera the other day and it seems so cheap feeling compared to its predecessor the 50D. Plus I want to shoot full frame finally...so the Mark 2 should hold me out for a while. But sucks that rumors are saying that the new Mark 2 replacement should be coming out maybe summer next year.

edit
ya i'm a bit of a kook when it comes to nikon cams, and full frame would be a nice step up. and very true, unfortunately, the 50d isn't anywhere near the same level as the 5d. i guess it's just on my mind cuz it dropped a few months after i got the 550d, and for a few extra hundreds and a little patience, i could have had some pretty useful upgrades that don't seem to be on the lower end dslrs. but on the bright for you, if u wait for the new 5d to drop... it'll drive the price down on the old one. either way your shit is looking pretty crisp so keep it up.  im always stoked to see a post from you on this thread. here are a few macro shots i took not to long ago

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1112 on: October 07, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
this is me, photo by nate frank

i took this one, best spot ever. thats the main entrance to the building and they were open/right inside the door and didnt care about us skating at all, super busy with people too it was weird. bs 5050 nate frank

not me just like this one. photo by nate frank

I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1113 on: October 07, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
my buddy Tony
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1114 on: October 08, 2010, 10:04:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

ya i'm a bit of a kook when it comes to nikon cams, and full frame would be a nice step up. and very true, unfortunately, the 50d isn't anywhere near the same level as the 5d. i guess it's just on my mind cuz it dropped a few months after i got the 550d, and for a few extra hundreds and a little patience, i could have had some pretty useful upgrades that don't seem to be on the lower end dslrs. but on the bright for you, if u wait for the new 5d to drop... it'll drive the price down on the old one. either way your shit is looking pretty crisp so keep it up.  im always stoked to see a post from you on this thread.
[close]
There hasn't been any talk of a new 5D, and the Mark 1 in good condition still goes for 1200-1400.

I have just been reading rumors about a new 5D. The 5D Mark 2 has been out for a couple of years now so it is actually due for an upgrade (in Canon's eye anyways). Could be slated for next year but I am not sure if I can wait that long.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

hasselbladical

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1115 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »

vihreekerma

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1116 on: October 10, 2010, 03:19:52 AM »

frank

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1117 on: October 10, 2010, 11:05:59 AM »
dine lille finne
whats crappenin

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1118 on: October 10, 2010, 01:11:11 PM »
So bummed, I finally developed my first roll from a Pentax K1000, and it came up blank. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1119 on: October 10, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #1120 on: October 10, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
So bummed, I finally developed my first roll from a Pentax K1000, and it came up blank. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?
could be a number of things including a busted film advance mechanism, faulty shutter or improper loading of the film.  was the film completely blank or did it look like your images were fogged over and blown out?  also, what kind of film did you use?

see if these responses help in the meantime:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100314171442AAizFAl

hasselbladical

« Reply #1121 on: October 10, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
Here's a couple more to go along with that fs feeble.

Fs tail

Nosegrind pop out

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #1122 on: October 10, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
could be a number of things including a busted film advance mechanism, faulty shutter or improper loading of the film.  was the film completely blank or did it look like your images were fogged over and blown out?  also, what kind of film did you use?

see if these responses help in the meantime:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100314171442AAizFAl

My film advance was working properly from what I could tell. I can't be sure if I loaded the film properly because I know I got this second one in proper--I put in a second roll before realizing the camera might be broken. The shutter's been perfect from what I, and a few other people with more experience than I, can tell. The film was also completely transparent, no frame numbers or anything, on Kodak 400 Max I believe. I checked that link, there's a few things I can try out but I'm going to have to wait until I'm done with this second roll goes through. Hopefully it was just my improper loading... Also, I've been trying to keep my aperture at 8. Thanks for your help Brandon, I appreciate it since I haven't studied up on this stuff lately.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1123 on: October 10, 2010, 09:19:04 PM »

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1124 on: October 11, 2010, 04:43:23 AM »
good stuff, guys.

I had to finish a film last week and took my camera to the session. I really don't like doing it, because I like skateboarding much more then taking pictures of it. anyway, this is the result.

hasselbladical, are these shots film or digital?

vihreekerma

« Reply #1125 on: October 11, 2010, 07:27:04 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:38:42 AM by vihreekerma »

hasselbladical

« Reply #1126 on: October 11, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »
Matze, these ones are digi. Here's one more. Really stoked on the dude walking by.

Fs board

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #1127 on: October 11, 2010, 08:34:17 AM »

vihreekerma

« Reply #1128 on: October 11, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »
I never wanted anything as bad as I now want a Leica, this is getting ridiculously expensive.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:28:48 AM by vihreekerma »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1129 on: October 11, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
what kind of fisheyes are you guys using? i?m thinking of a 16mm zenitar (russian?) but i?m not sure if its wide enough and has enough fisheye effect on an APSC camera.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #1130 on: October 11, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: October 12, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »

not mine but dope as fuck

buttpirate

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2010, 07:11:44 AM »
I never wanted anything as bad as I now want a Leica, this is getting ridiculously expensive.
I've heard a good alternative rf is the konica hexxar, both in terms of functionality, available lenses, and on your pocket.  some words if you're into the technical stuff:

http://www.dantestella.com/technical/hexarrf.html

also, really liking your pics.  what kind of film are you using and how are you scanning?  they look great

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1133 on: October 13, 2010, 07:18:47 AM »
Working through the backlog of stuff I've been taking forever to get developed. Touristy bullshit mostly, some shot on stupid hipster redscale film for lomos haha.

Sounders fans were surprisingly legit. Seattle's a pretty sick city.

nice one, has a real vintage feel

Fongstar

this is so sick

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: October 13, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »
Thanks yo.

what kind of fisheyes are you guys using? i?m thinking of a 16mm zenitar (russian?) but i?m not sure if its wide enough and has enough fisheye effect on an APSC camera.

To really get that fisheye look, you have to get something in the 10.5-11mm range, which translates to about 15mm on a full frame. 16mm on a cropped frame camera isn't going to have the same effect and I think translates to about 19mm on a full frame. Anyways...Sigma makes a 10mm fisheye lens and it's pretty quick at f/2.8. That is what I recommend anyways.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1135 on: October 13, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »
Thanks yo.

Expand Quote
[close]

To really get that fisheye look, you have to get something in the 10.5-11mm range, which translates to about 15mm on a full frame. 16mm on a cropped frame camera isn't going to have the same effect and I think translates to about 19mm on a full frame. Anyways...Sigma makes a 10mm fisheye lens and it's pretty quick at f/2.8. That is what I recommend anyways.

thanks a lot, i guess i?ll be saving my money and maybe get the pentax 10-17mm fisheye.

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1136 on: October 13, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »

Big: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4126/5066286218_4362f0895a_b.jpg

Fs feebs.

this is seriously an amazing photo. you really need to submit this and get it run somewhere. have you tried?

hasselbladical

« Reply #1137 on: October 13, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
Thanks dude! I usually send my stuff out to SBC and the Canadian mags but this one was more for fun. I don't think the feeble is gnarly enough to get in there.

Do you guys get SBC in the US? The photo annual is out soon and it's going to be epic.

Kirmander

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1138 on: October 13, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
fs rock
fs air

both of these are really old and sooc

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1139 on: October 13, 2010, 06:35:50 PM »
Thanks dude! I usually send my stuff out to SBC and the Canadian mags but this one was more for fun. I don't think the feeble is gnarly enough to get in there.

Do you guys get SBC in the US? The photo annual is out soon and it's going to be epic.
not sure, but def post a scan if it makes the cut