Author Topic: Zero-COLD WAR  (Read 60647 times)

White Owl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
Re: Zero-COLD WAR
« Reply #390 on: November 17, 2013, 02:05:19 AM »
Expand Quote
All i cared was for Tom K's part and they're not gonna show that????
[close]
he has a couple great tricks (switch 50-50 against the wall, 50-50 to frontboard a 15 stair rail, 50-50 transfer off in the middle of a handrail) but nothing really stood out or was shocking to see.  I think you need that element of sheer gnarliness to be on zero, and he doesn't really have it.

a lot of those tricks are really gnarly, they just went by so fast and he makes them look easy. His last to tricks are so jacked. The fs feeble and noseblunt on the tall handicap rail, the nose grind on the bump to giant flatbar in his intro and the gap lip. He is definitely gnarly...

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #391 on: November 17, 2013, 07:18:34 AM »

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #392 on: November 17, 2013, 07:56:46 AM »
a truly great video filmed and edited perfectly ruined by the shitty way it was put out there.  most people will never see the other half of the stuff.

I really do not understand the opposition to the way they released these parts.  Most people on internet these days are too entitled/cheap to purchase skate videos that come out.  Zero released more than half of this video for free.  That is more than you would normally see, and you are bitching that you do not get to see the rest for free?  If you are complaining that it is ruining the enders/tricks/flow-of-the-video, buy the video and see it all in one sitting.  Their is no basis for complaints when you are given free content.   

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #393 on: November 17, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »
i thought the partial online release thing would make it more difficult to find a full version to download illegally for free but luckily i was wrong

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #394 on: November 17, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
Finally saw it in it's entirety. I have to say, I think it's the best Zero vid since Dying To Live. No bullshit -- straight to the raw skating. The opposite of most videos these days. Anyway, each of the 5 parts they previewed on Thrasher were very good. I have to say I was disappointed in Rattray's, Hatchell's and Boserios parts, though. I guess I just expected more. I need to give Tom K another viewing because his copying of Heath's dress style was so distracting and annoying that I couldn't focus. As expected, Cervantes was "Filler" and the friends section was incredible. I wasn't into the last few Zero vids but this one's a keeper.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:54:20 AM by Iceman »

micky682

« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2013, 08:34:09 AM »
i thought the partial online release thing would make it more difficult to find a full version to download illegally for free but luckily i was wrong
PM?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #396 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
All i cared was for Tom K's part and they're not gonna show that????
[close]
he has a couple great tricks (switch 50-50 against the wall, 50-50 to frontboard a 15 stair rail, 50-50 transfer off in the middle of a handrail) but nothing really stood out or was shocking to see.  I think you need that element of sheer gnarliness to be on zero, and he doesn't really have it.
[close]

a lot of those tricks are really gnarly, they just went by so fast and he makes them look easy. His last to tricks are so jacked. The fs feeble and noseblunt on the tall handicap rail, the nose grind on the bump to giant flatbar in his intro and the gap lip. He is definitely gnarly...
the more I watch it the more it grows on me.  I think he just needs to do a couple gnarly tricks on some famous spots and then my stupid mind will be cool with him on zero.  he should take his nollie nosegrinds to the hollywood 16 or something

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #397 on: November 17, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
How tall is Jake Nunn?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

band

• Rep: 4
« Reply #398 on: November 17, 2013, 02:50:40 PM »
yeah thats get that link goin

gay pride - proud to be gay

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #399 on: November 17, 2013, 07:18:33 PM »

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:43:21 PM by Randozzi »

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »

hook it up

doublesteveburger

« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »

video of the year for sure, from the soundtrack to the editing it was pure enjoyment.
I also thought this was one of rattray's best parts actually, and beyond stoked lumberbaby got last trick in the friends part!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:43:58 PM by Randozzi »

Switch Front Feeble

« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
i think i've watched the video enough times now to give my true opinion. the way the video was put together was great, music/editing the whole thing. fast clips, good tunes & good skating. a classic zero video. i'm really glad that they didn't hardly use HD if any. fast skating/clips, every part in this video is a rather quick watch that get's you hyped to go skate. nothing over the top, no parts you want to skip. this video goes by quicker then one part in fully flared.. in a good way. it leaves you with that feeling of adolescence again. my favorite part would probably be boserio's or sandoval's. tom k doesn't resemble heath, he seems to be trying to duplicate heath. he didn't just buy a pair of white pants and get accused of being a kirchart bite, he wears white tees with white pants & a black hat just like kirchart & does gap to lipslides with button ups after punching his board.... yeah, not just a coincidence to me.

edit - adding on to what's already been said, ed duff is fucking awful. totally awkward to watch. f/s feeble was nuts but, other then that i didn't give a fuck. i don't care about a variel heelflip boardslide. & if brockman doing a powerslide too soon after landing is so easy to point out then, i'm surprised of the lack of hatred for ed duff taking off his shirt & lying in the parking lot like a diva after landing something that has already been done. i'd rather watch chris dobstaff honestly, that's saying a lot. not backing this guy. i wouldn't be so hard on him if he wasn't a complete douche when i met him at a signing (having no idea who he was with good reason)

hahaha. Someone's salty. Ed rips and he's gonna go far, your opinion of his style is irrelevant. And you think you wouldn't want to lay down and take a breather after landing something so gnarly? get the fuck out

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2013, 10:10:21 PM »
The way skate videos were meant to be made. Zero videos are what got me hooked, and represent the small faction of people left who don't buy in to the current state of the industry.

Tom K is amazing, but as others have pointed out, does not belong on Zero. Someone hook him up at 3D, Toy, or 2007 era Alien (before it started falling apart). Speaking of 2007 era Alien, this dude really is trying to be Heath. From the Joy Division song to the clothes, it's kind of comical, although I shouldn't talk because I kind of do the same thing.

Sandoval should have had the ender. Burman was epic but I guess I failed to see what seperates him from the rest of the team (besides the ender, which Leo and a few others could have done). I need to watch his part again, I was pretty buzzed at that point.

Chief really came through. The Misled Youth homage was my favorite thing in the video.

Was really looking forward to Rattray's part but couldn't stand the GoPro stuff in the 2nd half. Sorry, just not for me.

And maybe it was just the projection I was watching at my shop premiere, but it seemed like 20% of the clips were filmed on GoPro's or something with a different frame rate. Definitely looked cheap and corny, and bothered me every time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:44:55 PM by QUIT SINNIN »

RaptorJesus

• Rep: 41
  • raptor jesus died for your homeostasis
« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »
stole lizards song

dirty

SketchArmstrong

• Rep: -3
« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2013, 12:13:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i think i've watched the video enough times now to give my true opinion. the way the video was put together was great, music/editing the whole thing. fast clips, good tunes & good skating. a classic zero video. i'm really glad that they didn't hardly use HD if any. fast skating/clips, every part in this video is a rather quick watch that get's you hyped to go skate. nothing over the top, no parts you want to skip. this video goes by quicker then one part in fully flared.. in a good way. it leaves you with that feeling of adolescence again. my favorite part would probably be boserio's or sandoval's. tom k doesn't resemble heath, he seems to be trying to duplicate heath. he didn't just buy a pair of white pants and get accused of being a kirchart bite, he wears white tees with white pants & a black hat just like kirchart & does gap to lipslides with button ups after punching his board.... yeah, not just a coincidence to me.

edit - adding on to what's already been said, ed duff is fucking awful. totally awkward to watch. f/s feeble was nuts but, other then that i didn't give a fuck. i don't care about a variel heelflip boardslide. & if brockman doing a powerslide too soon after landing is so easy to point out then, i'm surprised of the lack of hatred for ed duff taking off his shirt & lying in the parking lot like a diva after landing something that has already been done. i'd rather watch chris dobstaff honestly, that's saying a lot. not backing this guy. i wouldn't be so hard on him if he wasn't a complete douche when i met him at a signing (having no idea who he was with good reason)
[close]

He does have an awkward style, I dig it though, probably the tallest skater I've ever seen.
[close]
Ron Whaley is 6'7" and there was another guy a few years back that was about the same but his name escapes me but both those dudes have style. Whaley's awesome.

Dang! I didn't know Whaley was THAT tall. Somebody said Jake Nunn up there, but I was thinkin' Sean Payne? He was on Think. Lives/d in Hawaii.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Ron Whaley is 6'7" and there was another guy a few years back that was about the same but his name escapes me but both those dudes have style. Whaley's awesome.

[close]

Dang! I didn't know Whaley was THAT tall. Somebody said Jake Nunn up there, but I was thinkin' Sean Payne? He was on Think. Lives/d in Hawaii.
Yeah Sean Payne was who I was thinking of. He's definitely in the mid six foot range and makes it work for him.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2013, 06:55:55 AM »
Tom K had my favorite part. Fuck whoever said he had 5 tricks.
plz go watch all of parts hes put out and tell me im wrong. every part is the same trickwise

50 nosegrind 5-0 tailslide lipslide feeble smith boardslide

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2013, 10:29:10 AM »
I'm with Nino.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
Zero Snowboards are coming out soon.  I guess their reformatting the Gravis business model and giving it another shot.

First rumored rider.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
Bought the video and just finished watching it in it's entirety on my flight home. Pretty fucking big and burly and thoroughly enjoyable, with an extremely high re-watch value. Worth every last cent. Wasn't expecting Tony C's, backside 180 airwalk. Nice touch on that...and I guess I'm in the minority but I really liked Tom K's part. Watching Jamie's part again is mind blowing, considering the fact he is 39. Only downer is I thought Chris Cole's part was probably the most boring and the only part I wanted to skip ahead from. Not hating at all because Chris Cole rips on another level of skateboarding, but no bullshit his part felt cold and uninspired. Also, I literally got a douche chill when Ed Duff laid down and took his shirt off. Total douche chills.

One last thing...it's always a bummer seeing people ask for torrents or links to get the video for free. For all the backlash against 'big brand' shoes and those who wear those brands as "hurting skateboarding"...no one ever says jack shit about stealing from skateboard companies as if it's become acceptable. I buy as many vids as I can throughout the year in appreciation of all skateboarding (and this was a great year for videos) even if the type of skating isn't always my thing. I would never in a million years buy or ride a Deathwish or Zero board, but I bought both those videos in support of what their riders are doing.

band

• Rep: 4
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2013, 05:47:17 PM »
nah i love stealing from companys i love

gay pride - proud to be gay

Harem

« Reply #413 on: November 23, 2013, 03:34:16 AM »
Out now on DVD!

erotikmesse88

• Rep: -35
« Reply #414 on: November 23, 2013, 06:14:26 AM »
can someone send me download link
i spend all my money for a supreme hat this month

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #415 on: November 23, 2013, 07:26:07 AM »
stole lizards song

dirty
I dunno If I would say they stole Lizards song if you watch this one Tum Yeto road trip from 411.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #416 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
Fuck a download link, anyone have a link where I can buy the DVD?  Been looking and can't find one...

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 61
« Reply #417 on: November 23, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
PM?
???
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #418 on: November 23, 2013, 10:22:44 PM »
Tom Karangelov did not dissapoint. Amazing skater.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #419 on: November 24, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »
Nick Bosiero is fucking great but I feel like Zeros filming and editing doesnt do his skating justice

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!