Author Topic: Zero-COLD WAR  (Read 60710 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Zero-COLD WAR
« Reply #360 on: November 14, 2013, 12:01:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Sidenote, the enders: 50-50, 50-50, 50-50, frontside flip, 50-50, switch 50-50, impossible 50-50.
[close]

thats a zero video for ya.  8)

i dig it.
Don't forget about the Ben Hatchell's mctwist and Chris Cole's 540 where he touched the rail in the middle.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #361 on: November 14, 2013, 01:00:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sidenote, the enders: 50-50, 50-50, 50-50, frontside flip, 50-50, switch 50-50, impossible 50-50.
[close]

thats a zero video for ya.  8)

i dig it.
[close]
Don't forget about the Ben Hatchell's mctwist and Chris Cole's 540 where he touched the rail in the middle.

or Tom's Gap nosegrind !

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #362 on: November 14, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Apologies in advance, I didn't read through the thread because I'm trying to avoid spoilers. But does anyone know if they are previewing every part on Thrasher or is it just half of them this week only?
[close]

Just Tommy's part tomorrow, that's it.

Damn. Thanks for the info.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
so, I'm slightly confused. anyone know if this will be out on hard copy?
I need a coffee

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
so, I'm slightly confused. anyone know if this will be out on hard copy?

yes, sometime at the end of November i believe.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #365 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
thanks, I want to see the whole thing but hate buying shit on Itunes
I need a coffee

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #366 on: November 14, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »
Fuckin bummed this didn't make the part

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #367 on: November 14, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »
I think it's pretty tight how they gave last part honors to both Dane and Tommy....From what I understand Jamie and the rest of the team felt they both worked equally as hard and both deserved it so Tommy has it on the Thrasher site and hard copies of the DVD and Dane has it at the Premieres and I-Tunes (or something like that.)

I can't wait to see Tommy's part tomorrow.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #368 on: November 14, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
i think i've watched the video enough times now to give my true opinion. the way the video was put together was great, music/editing the whole thing. fast clips, good tunes & good skating. a classic zero video. i'm really glad that they didn't hardly use HD if any. fast skating/clips, every part in this video is a rather quick watch that get's you hyped to go skate. nothing over the top, no parts you want to skip. this video goes by quicker then one part in fully flared.. in a good way. it leaves you with that feeling of adolescence again. my favorite part would probably be boserio's or sandoval's. tom k doesn't resemble heath, he seems to be trying to duplicate heath. he didn't just buy a pair of white pants and get accused of being a kirchart bite, he wears white tees with white pants & a black hat just like kirchart & does gap to lipslides with button ups after punching his board.... yeah, not just a coincidence to me.

edit - adding on to what's already been said, ed duff is fucking awful. totally awkward to watch. f/s feeble was nuts but, other then that i didn't give a fuck. i don't care about a variel heelflip boardslide. & if brockman doing a powerslide too soon after landing is so easy to point out then, i'm surprised of the lack of hatred for ed duff taking off his shirt & lying in the parking lot like a diva after landing something that has already been done. i'd rather watch chris dobstaff honestly, that's saying a lot. not backing this guy. i wouldn't be so hard on him if he wasn't a complete douche when i met him at a signing (having no idea who he was with good reason)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:10:41 PM by shouldn't »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

morningpost

• Rep: -17
« Reply #369 on: November 14, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »
overall, a huge let down.

Ndsr

• Rep: -7
« Reply #370 on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:12 PM »
i think i've watched the video enough times now to give my true opinion. the way the video was put together was great, music/editing the whole thing. fast clips, good tunes & good skating. a classic zero video. i'm really glad that they didn't hardly use HD if any. fast skating/clips, every part in this video is a rather quick watch that get's you hyped to go skate. nothing over the top, no parts you want to skip. this video goes by quicker then one part in fully flared.. in a good way. it leaves you with that feeling of adolescence again. my favorite part would probably be boserio's or sandoval's. tom k doesn't resemble heath, he seems to be trying to duplicate heath. he didn't just buy a pair of white pants and get accused of being a kirchart bite, he wears white tees with white pants & a black hat just like kirchart & does gap to lipslides with button ups after punching his board.... yeah, not just a coincidence to me.

edit - adding on to what's already been said, ed duff is fucking awful. totally awkward to watch. f/s feeble was nuts but, other then that i didn't give a fuck. i don't care about a variel heelflip boardslide. & if brockman doing a powerslide too soon after landing is so easy to point out then, i'm surprised of the lack of hatred for ed duff taking off his

shirt & lying in the parking lot like a diva after landing something that has already been done. i'd rather watch chris dobstaff honestly, that's saying a lot. not backing this guy. i wouldn't be so hard on him if he wasn't a complete douche when i met him at a signing (having no idea who he was with good reason)

Dobstaff references rule!  Jerry has a great Dobstaff story

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #371 on: November 15, 2013, 07:55:14 AM »
Surprised more people haven't mentioned the Hulkster ripping off his shirt after that gross trick. Douche chills.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #372 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:22 AM »
Surprised more people haven't mentioned the Hulkster ripping off his shirt after that gross trick. Douche chills.
Burman did it too, it's a hot trend!

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #373 on: November 15, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think Burman deserved to after that

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 128
« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:22 AM »

dobstaff rules you heathens.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
great video would watch again in separate internet parts

SpudFaceKillah

• Rep: -5
« Reply #376 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »
Just watched the whole video after seeing a few parts online, one thing that annoyed me was the random HD clips then back to VX footage but the other than that it was dope. Ender was just off the charts

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
All i cared was for Tom K's part and they're not gonna show that????

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #378 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:58 PM »
said no one

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #379 on: November 15, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

when you try a trick like that that gets your adrenaline going crazy, even a couple attempts will make you sweat enough to make it look like you went swimming. im sure anyone would have quickly taken off their shirt

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2013, 06:38:00 AM »
overall, a huge let down.
Much like your post
The video was tasty on so many levels. Misled Youth 2013 yeeeeaahh kid.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Jack Strapp

« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »
I only saw Burmans and Sandovals part, but they were both really sick. That nollie flip Sandoval does over a curb with a bit of a dip infront of it and then down a big ass gap was nuts.

arthurspooner

• Rep: 9
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
i just saw the whole video. it is a million times better as a whole. each part thrasher put up was gnarly, but the full video is awesome.

tom karangelov and nick boserio have the best parts for sure

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2013, 01:53:27 PM »
i just saw the whole video. it is a million times better as a whole. each part thrasher put up was gnarly, but the full video is awesome.

tom karangelov and nick boserio have the best parts for sure

I dunno if this was already answered, but are they putting Boserio's part online or what.  FUCK.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »
Tom K had my favorite part. Fuck whoever said he had 5 tricks.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2013, 03:30:02 PM »
All i cared was for Tom K's part and they're not gonna show that????
he has a couple great tricks (switch 50-50 against the wall, 50-50 to frontboard a 15 stair rail, 50-50 transfer off in the middle of a handrail) but nothing really stood out or was shocking to see.  I think you need that element of sheer gnarliness to be on zero, and he doesn't really have it.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Video was good.  I like how Zero's image/aesthetic these days is "hey remember the look of Zero when it first started? And remember Mislead Youth, guys?" 

This video totally had a Mislead Youth vibe.   

wheee!

Jack Strapp

« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Video was good.  I like how Zero's image/aesthetic these days is "hey remember the look of Zero when it first started? And remember Mislead Youth, guys?" 

This video totally had a Mislead Youth vibe.   

What the hell is this supposed to mean? So you're saying the look and vibe of the company hasn't changed much since the company really took off... and this is somehow a bad thing?

Unless I'm missunderstanding what you're trying to say, that is a really stupid remark.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #388 on: November 17, 2013, 12:57:09 AM »

edit - adding on to what's already been said, ed duff is fucking awful. totally awkward to watch. f/s feeble was nuts but, other then that i didn't give a fuck. i don't care about a variel heelflip boardslide. & if brockman doing a powerslide too soon after landing is so easy to point out then, i'm surprised of the lack of hatred for ed duff taking off his shirt & lying in the parking lot like a diva after landing something that has already been done. i'd rather watch chris dobstaff honestly, that's saying a lot. not backing this guy. i wouldn't be so hard on him if he wasn't a complete douche when i met him at a signing (having no idea who he was with good reason)

He does have an awkward style, I dig it though, probably the tallest skater I've ever seen.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #389 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He does have an awkward style, I dig it though, probably the tallest skater I've ever seen.
Ron Whaley is 6'7" and there was another guy a few years back that was about the same but his name escapes me but both those dudes have style. Whaley's awesome.