Author Topic: Does Mike V Get A Pass?  (Read 11333 times)

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1513
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Does Mike V Get A Pass?
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:13 AM »
Here it is... https://skatemagarchive.blogspot.com/2014/03/big-brother-issue-14.html

anyone want to support my effor in creating the biggest mag archive, please create a sync cloud storage account through my referral link, I am running out of space https://www.sync.com/?_sync_refer=f567a4ca0 (I'd like to keep all the files under one account)

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2018, 09:14:56 AM »
Mike V's head looks like a rubbish heap.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »

anyone want to support my effor in creating the biggest mag archive, please create a sync cloud storage account through my referral link, I am running out of space https://www.sync.com/?_sync_refer=f567a4ca0 (I'd like to keep all the files under one account)

Thanks for the link. I created a sync account through your referral.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2018, 12:51:49 PM »
If skating kicked out the best frontside ollie and invert fakie in the business, I think it's reasonable to kick out Mike V. I feel like the only thing he's relevant for in long term skate history anyways is the first popular double kick board, and that was more Rocco's doing anyways.

Not liking him should not entail changing history to suit. Mike V. put east coast street skating on the map during the mid-80s. He was the first big name street skater from the northeast, and one of the first true street skaters in general.

There were other guys like Bruno Muso, Jeremy Henderson (transplant from England?), and Rodney Smith, but never became big name pros. Unfortunately many New York guys like to downplay Mike V, even though he was one of the first to do real tricks on the Brooklyn Banks. I guess they don't like New Jersey and tend to also neglect to mention that Rodney Smith (Shut and Zoo York founder) was also from Jersey. Sure they were painting boards on Aly's roof, but they made the decks in Rodney's basement.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2018, 01:18:58 PM »
Yeah it's also funny how so much people are talking shit while they probably dess and skate exactly like early Mike V.

Dude is an east coast legend. Definitely a character but pretty much like all the others who made street skating what it is today.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
Yeah it's also funny how so much people are talking shit while they probably dess and skate exactly like early Mike V.
*coughs* POLAR *coughs*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Issy

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Vallely after 1281 has been pretty apathetic.