Author Topic: Does Mike V Get A Pass?  (Read 11419 times)

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Does Mike V Get A Pass?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »
How has that gif of him frontflipping into a barricade for no reason not been posted yet?

That’s a good one.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Second date

• Rep: 2
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »
Here we go again. Just fuck off with this. Mike V has done more for skating than all of us combined. Who cares if he uses a word you don't agree with. We are allowed to be ourselves wigger boy
Let's be honest though.
Mike V is a massive cunt and his street plants aren't even good.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
I have always hated Mike V but when I found out he took ED’s check and cashed it for himself...  that was the true end.
He might not be a racist but he probably is a dick... so No, no pass

jomeara1

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »
Not one response from Gip yet?? Usually by now there’s a full blown rant with pitchforks and everything.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2018, 05:08:22 PM »
I have always hated Mike V but when I found out he took ED’s check and cashed it for himself...  that was the true end.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2018, 05:31:40 PM »
His Public Domain part was the first skate video I remember seeing and I will love his Speed Freaks part til death. There have been some other phases that have made it really hard to hold on to that love though for sure.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Pootie Calrissitang

• Rep: -1
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
His Public Domain part was the first skate video I remember seeing and I will love his Speed Freaks part til death. There have been some other phases that have made it really hard to hold on to that love though for sure.

Agreed. His Speed Freaks part is easily one of my all time favorites. Even the music was on point and fit the part perfectly.

THAT's how I want to remember Mike V., lol.
"You kine, double-pitty, no-tine swindler. You've got a lot of tanies coming here, after what you panny sty."

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 06:30:30 PM »
Big bro is definitely the best place to look for things to get offended by today's standards.
yes, and also a publication that held strict journalistic standards in regard to only printing exactly what was said during interviews.

I'm a broken record, but I fuck with modern day Mike V, finally seems like he's gotten over all his kooky phases and is really at peace with himself and his brand

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »
How has that gif of him frontflipping into a barricade for no reason not been posted yet?

That’s a good one.

Free max b
HE DID IT BECAUSE THEY NEEDED A BIG STUNT.
Not one response from Gip yet?? Usually by now there’s a full blown rant with pitchforks and everything.
You’re a fucking idiot who doesn’t get how shit works here. No, I’m not pissed about a fake big brother interview making fun of his skinhead look. I actually have a brain, unlike whoever the fuck you are. Is there something, anything you’ve controbuted to this place that is memorable that you can remind me of? Because I have no fucking clue who you are or where you get the impression you know shit about shit.
Just a little nazi loving proud boy wannabe bitch who is upset I don’t love his nazi heroes
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

NegativeCreep

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 09:02:21 PM »

I was just watching Ed's epicly later'd the other night. 

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »
It turned out to be a non-issue, but skateboarding will never forget the Mike V. sandwich incident.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2018, 09:22:31 PM »
mike v could whoop all y'alls asses at once. thats the only fact we know about him.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
List of people who always seem to get a pass in the industry:
1.) Gino
2.) Gonz
3.) Mike V.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:49 PM »
I'm glad he got called out for that shit.
Same fucking rules apply. Always.

That interview is an interesting read, after hearing Ed's side of the story, of what happened with Mike and Television.

They asked Mike about Television and if he was still friends with Ed.

"I guess the main thing was that I could not keep a business relationship with Ed, and remain friends, so I wanted to end it, end the business relationship.But in doing that, it ended the friend relationship and I guess that was coming.Once Ed moved out and started Toy Machine with Vision, I tried to keep Television going on my own, with Jahmal, doing it out of my house, with all my own money, but it had no chance.
And I didn't feel that good about doing it, anyway, Ed wasn't there and the team wasn't there that we originally had, it wasn't really Television, anymore.At the time I had to cling to it 'cause I didn't really know what else to do."

Q- Are you and Ed still friends?
Mike- I'd like to still be friends, but when I see him, he's a stranger, man.He acts fake to me and bullshits me. He was my best friend for a long time and now, when he sees me, it's like we have no history, ya know, and that kinda hurts.When the whole Television thing went down, I told him I wanted to remain friends, so I made an effort. I called him up to go skating and do the things we usually do together, but he kinda just shined me and stayed away.Then he called me, when he needed stuff, like a videotape I had with a trick with him on it that I had, and I told him "Man, you're calling me when you want something, but you're not calling me to see what's going on, so I don't want nothing to do with you. I still see him and we talk, but not really.
It feels like shit. I hate it"

Fucking liar!
When you can't think of anyone else to milk some money out of, just steal your business partner and friend's check.
Then deny it ever happening,to said "best friend" and business partner, to the point where some shit could go down, then lie about it some more and make yourself out to be the one who's been wronged, and "hurt", when asked in an interview.
He may not be a racist, but he'll fuck you over for a dollar, even if you're his "best friend".

I don't like thieves and I really don't like liars, especially liars that go off into fabricated stories to make them look wronged and hurt.
ASSHOLIO.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2018, 11:41:17 PM »
Woah, way to judge him over something that happened some time 20+ years ago, so that's it huh, for the rest of his life he can't evolve ever escape that one episode?
I love both him and Ed but Ed also isn't the greatest businessman (remember what he did to Senn?) so I'd honestly take both of their sides of the story with a grain of salt

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2018, 12:39:19 AM »
Woah, way to judge him over something that happened some time 20+ years ago, so that's it huh, for the rest of his life he can't evolve ever escape that one episode?
I love both him and Ed but Ed also isn't the greatest businessman (remember what he did to Senn?) so I'd honestly take both of their sides of the story with a grain of salt
Exactly and at the end of the day these guys are all kids trying to run businesses an shit
Together don’t know about you but I’ve seen lots of my friends have falling outs over money
With each other.. it’s life bro and not really our shit just coz they famous for being good on a skateboard doesn’t make them perfect people .. give me a break..

Ps jj is a nazi.. haha

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2018, 12:40:36 AM »
Thanks for posting that text from the interview. Is the full thing anywhere? I'd love to read it all. I bought the Big Brother book but I don't think any full articles like that are in there.

On a related note, from Ed's Thrasher interview somewhere in 01 there's a section where he lists his skate buddies. From 1997-2001 Mike V is listed. I think they patched up things up. He also said in his Epicly Laterd that the Mike V that people see is totally different than the one he knows.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -504
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2018, 12:48:12 AM »
Everyone’s a racist and everyone is an activist. Just be offended quietly and move on. Or rub one out to the dude in your hey Arnold esque secret white power shrine .

I miss when this was just 30 year old dudes circle jerking Bobby Puleo and Fred Gall while also saying that this Jake Johnson kid is God’s gift to skating.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2018, 01:06:07 AM »
I miss when this was just 30 year old dudes circle jerking Bobby Puleo and Fred Gall while also saying that this Jake Johnson kid is God’s gift to skating.
Amen.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -68
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2018, 01:43:52 AM »
They really were just kids trying to work all that shit out, huh?
I can tend to go a wee bitty overboard, every now and then. ::)
Pretty crap way to treat your mates, though...
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

Heather Chandler

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2018, 02:17:22 AM »
He's pretty much a dumber Henry Rollins. I'm almost insulted by how fucking pretentious and uselss he is.

Well said. 

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2018, 04:28:25 AM »
Everyone’s a racist and everyone is an activist. Just be offended quietly and move on. Or rub one out to the dude in your hey Arnold esque secret white power shrine .

Hey hey, not an evening passes without me thinking about Fred Gall or Puleo :(

lou dawg

• Rep: -1
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 06:52:10 AM »
This is way too personal and way too much time has passed for me to pass any judgment.

Skateboarding as a spectator sport is weird, man.

I'm pretty sure they're cool with each other now. It's been long enough for them to own up to their very public history.

I'm sure we're all living very flawless and fault-free lives.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2018, 07:38:46 AM »
If skating kicked out the best frontside ollie and invert fakie in the business, I think it's reasonable to kick out Mike V. I feel like the only thing he's relevant for in long term skate history anyways is the first popular double kick board, and that was more Rocco's doing anyways.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

opinionated bastard

• Rep: -179
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »
Losers

shit_for_brains

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
What if he gets black balled from the skating, amateur hockey, backyard wrestling, film extra, spoken word poetry, amateur roller hockey, Southern rock, or traveling motivational speaker communities?!?

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2018, 08:30:19 AM »
You guys got ot all wrong he is just a vegan nazi

Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2018, 12:41:48 PM »
The real question is “Is Mike V a Racist,” not “does Mike V have a low IQ & Say Dumb Shit.” He treated my back friends just like he treated me, and he treated us better than literally every single pro I’ve ever met. I fuck with Mike, he’s good in my book.

Oh wait, here come a bunch of people who are gonna pretend they never said “nigger” or “coon” before responding....
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
The real question is “Is Mike V a Racist,” not “does Mike V have a low IQ & Say Dumb Shit.” He treated my back friends just like he treated me, and he treated us better than literally every single pro I’ve ever met. I fuck with Mike, he’s good in my book.

Oh wait, here come a bunch of people who are gonna pretend they never said “nigger” or “coon” before responding....

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »
  Shit flip mute grabs and a 'middle finger to the industry'.  Mike v was the man before he quit world industries.  After that it was just a colosal bad trip.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"