Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584811 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #4440 on: June 03, 2020, 09:57:10 PM »
^you didn't ponder that ur lying.   
      I think Mike Carrols become the Andy Dick if skateboarding.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4441 on: June 05, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
What happened to cole wilson? Never see him or foundation posting any skate footage, he was skating alot for a while then kinda just dropped off, anyone know his deal?

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #4442 on: June 06, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
Telling people to kill themselves when they have a different idea is progressive?

Yep, there's some hipster pretentious PC talk coming out nowadays. I was told driving a car and complaining about traffic is white privilege. Driving a car.

I was going to say I pondered how stand up comedians are now the educators of language, which is fucking crazy.

Now I'm just going to say we need to start a war on hipsters.

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #4443 on: June 06, 2020, 09:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Telling people to kill themselves when they have a different idea is progressive?
[close]

Yep, there's some hipster pretentious PC talk coming out nowadays. I was told driving a car and complaining about traffic is white privilege. Driving a car.

I'm a white person and if my wealthy grandma didn't straight up give me a car I probably would have never drove. I felt very privileged to drive around selling weed with no insurance cuz I couldn't afford that shit.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #4444 on: June 06, 2020, 10:50:16 AM »
golf$=dem
mArLeY

SAH ALL DAY

« Reply #4445 on: June 06, 2020, 12:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm a white person and if my wealthy grandma didn't straight up give me a car I probably would have never drove. I felt very privileged to drive around selling weed with no insurance cuz I couldn't afford that shit.

Affording to drive a car has nothing to do with the color of your skin, which was my point...but I'm sure there's lots of racism in the automobile industry. I'm going to research it later because now I'm curious.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4446 on: June 06, 2020, 09:04:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

White no insurance -no problem - I'm white and haven't been pulled over in maybe 5 years.  The last time it was cause someone called the cops saying I was drunk and driving dangerously.  The cop finds me -I got outta the car and he immeadeatly apologized and called me sir, "your obviously not drunk, have a good nite"  life's good, rite? "Honky dory do"  ( I was a call centre dude and a black man said that to me while eating chips he was so funny made my nite). Edit -sorry to rain on ur guy's parade with more "pc" talk. You guys are probably a bunch of dill holes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 09:12:49 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

FappleDapple

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4447 on: June 07, 2020, 07:46:24 AM »
Instead of making a thread I figured I’d ask here.

how do you fellas feel about a random person asking you to “try to skate” are you particular? Do you have a pet peeve? Or do you just let it happen and watch the hilarity ensue?

I would get annoyed with it but if it was shit deck that’s on it’s way out might as well have a laugh at their stupidity.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4448 on: June 07, 2020, 09:16:11 AM »
Once I became a home owner, I would basically refuse randoms from trying my board on the grounds that they could take me to court to sue me for their medical bills and I could lose my home. Grown up shit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4449 on: June 07, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »
Once I became a home owner, I would basically refuse randoms from trying my board on the grounds that they could take me to court to sue me for their medical bills and I could lose my home. Grown up shit.
  Ur a genius.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4450 on: June 08, 2020, 06:46:52 AM »

Remember?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4451 on: June 10, 2020, 07:04:10 PM »
Paul McCartneys bass tones are the fucking best

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #4452 on: June 12, 2020, 02:05:54 AM »
I wonder if there is a (mathematical) way to prove that Tony hawk was not the exactly 900st skateboarder on the planet, the day he startet to ride.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #4453 on: June 12, 2020, 03:28:28 PM »
Does anyone else like to take off their shoes on the drive home after a long day of work and sniff their socks?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #4454 on: June 13, 2020, 11:42:00 AM »
Wondering if the use of the deadlift from work (forklift warehouse work) is the reason my pop has gone to shit over time. I’m goofy so my pop foot is adding pressure for 8 straight hours.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #4455 on: June 14, 2020, 08:35:44 AM »
Does anyone else like to take off their shoes on the drive home after a long day of work and sniff their socks?
Not the socks sniff part but I do like the relieving feeling taking off shoes when leaving the old folks home.

I get sad for those people as a majority of patients/clients are there long term in that they aren't going back home. I'll hear stories of their wonderful abode and how they had it made and now their fortune has been taken over by their adults kids.

On the plus side if you do home hospice and say they will you their car or anything in their house it's a bonus however that's not what I do this for. I like elderly people as we can all learn from them and give them comfort in their final days.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #4456 on: June 14, 2020, 12:14:32 PM »
In my 6th grade yearbook, there was a section where everyone wrote the answer to "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" My answer was, "I will be a professional skateboarder riding for Rhythm Skateboards." I never had a Rhythm board or didn't even know much about them and their team, so I'm curious why I chose that brand.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #4457 on: June 15, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »
I wonder what will happen during Go Skate Day 2020, seeing how most events are either cancelled or postponed due to the pandemic. Anyone here still have plans for that day?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4458 on: June 15, 2020, 09:09:53 AM »
I wonder what will happen during Go Skate Day 2020, seeing how most events are either cancelled or postponed due to the pandemic. Anyone here still have plans for that day?
  I might go skate but not in a special go skate day way.  Like if I'm smoking weed at 4:20, its a coincidence.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #4459 on: June 15, 2020, 12:07:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  I might go skate but not in a special go skate day way.  Like if I'm smoking weed at 4:20, its a coincidence.
I just saw a flyer for my city, it asked for everyone to meet at the main local skatepark then skate downtown together.
I won’t be participating in that but I will hopefully just skate with the couple friends I always skate with.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4460 on: June 15, 2020, 12:19:22 PM »

I work at a school cleaning toilets and shit. Today there was a teachers meeting to end the school year. I got there early because I had set up chairs/tables for it and wrote this on one of their erase boards. I pondered if anyone analyzed it, or even tried to figure out who wrote it.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #4461 on: June 15, 2020, 01:58:27 PM »

A few Go Skate events around me have morphed into BLM peace push type of events which is cool to see. I'll definitely be attending one of those.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4462 on: June 15, 2020, 06:35:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A few Go Skate events around me have morphed into BLM peace push type of events which is cool to see. I'll definitely be attending one of those.

This probably deserves its own thread, but this one is going on in SF

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #4463 on: June 16, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »
Younger skaters decked out in 90s style is crazy to see. It's like traveling back in time.

Also, probably been asked before, but is switch mongo okay for fakie tricks? If not, is fakie actually switch nollie?

MC Solaar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4464 on: June 16, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »

I work at a school cleaning toilets and shit. Today there was a teachers meeting to end the school year. I got there early because I had set up chairs/tables for it and wrote this on one of their erase boards. I pondered if anyone analyzed it, or even tried to figure out who wrote it.

Nice.

Jah bless.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #4465 on: June 17, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »
Younger skaters decked out in 90s style is crazy to see. It's like traveling back in time.

Also, probably been asked before, but is switch mongo okay for fakie tricks? If not, is fakie actually switch nollie?

Sm is kind of ok if you are lining up for a fakie trick but switch push is preferable.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #4466 on: June 17, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sm is kind of ok if you are lining up for a fakie trick but switch push is preferable.

But if it's fakie, shouldn't the whole thing be backwards, including the push? I guess it doesn't matter.

Another thing I pondered: Why does the guy in this video sneak a bite from the already eaten half of Mike Santarossa's sandwich? It's at 6:24.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4467 on: June 19, 2020, 06:04:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

But if it's fakie, shouldn't the whole thing be backwards, including the push? I guess it doesn't matter.

Another thing I pondered: Why does the guy in this video sneak a bite from the already eaten half of Mike Santarossa's sandwich? It's at 6:24.

I saved myself from the santarossa footy but I'm guessing the operative word you used there was,
 "sneak".   

fakie n0llie

• Rep: -80
« Reply #4468 on: June 20, 2020, 08:24:12 AM »
Back the blue!

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #4469 on: June 20, 2020, 12:45:03 PM »
Had the morbid thought of wondering how many SLAP pals have passed away that we don't know about. Ones that just simply stopped posting one day and never returned.

Here's for those souls, rest easy.