Author Topic: Philly vs New York  (Read 12892 times)

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 286
Re: Philly vs New York
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2022, 04:08:36 AM »
ya'll listen to the little NPR segment about it?  truly amazing times we live in

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/07/1121427442/anthony-van-engelen-skateboarding-bench

Nik Stain back smithing the whole green bench on NPR. What a time to be alive.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2022, 05:09:49 AM »
Just saw a teaser on CBS This Morning for a 60 Minutes feature story on the bench with Anderson Cooper.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2022, 05:38:18 AM »
That Tiago Lemos curved red bench that he krooked should be the next installment of this saga.

IpathCats

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2022, 05:50:02 AM »
That Tiago Lemos curved red bench that he krooked should be the next installment of this saga.

That shit belongs to SF, not any individual.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2022, 06:33:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Challenge accepted.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2022, 08:02:02 AM »
Apparently it’s back at muni

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2022, 09:53:10 AM »
As if this bench's odyssey wasn't legendary already

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »
It would be sick if someone could do this with curbs. Like pick up the Costco curbs from LA and bring them to Tompkins

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2022, 11:58:16 AM »
If this shit doesnt end up at glory challenge it will be the biggest missed opportunity in all of skateboard history

Almost as bad as Mother (the video) not coming out on mothers day

IpathCats

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2022, 10:38:01 AM »
If this shit doesnt end up at glory challenge it will be the biggest missed opportunity in all of skateboard history

Been saying this. And if i've got to put my tinfoil hat on for a sec, havent all parties involved in relocating the bench so far been connected with Vans in some way? This could very well be the biggest setup in skate history happening right before our eyes. I'm going to the glory challenge, I really hope this is the case.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2022, 10:54:55 AM »

Or Grant Taylor never having an ATLiens themed deck while on Alien Workshop.

IpathCats

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2022, 11:59:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Or Grant Taylor never having an ATLiens themed deck while on Alien Workshop.

I don't take GT for an outkast fan. I hope I'm wrong though. Andre 3k is one of the best to ever do it.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2022, 10:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Been saying this. And if i've got to put my tinfoil hat on for a sec, havent all parties involved in relocating the bench so far been connected with Vans in some way? This could very well be the biggest setup in skate history happening right before our eyes. I'm going to the glory challenge, I really hope this is the case.

Bust crew posted a pic of it in the back of the van in ohio. Seems to be en route to mtl

IpathCats

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2022, 10:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Bust crew posted a pic of it in the back of the van in ohio. Seems to be en route to mtl

FUCKING PLEASE.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2022, 10:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Challenge accepted.

Would be pretty wack if that got stolen. The Exploratorium made it intentionally skateable to help skating be more socially accepted and as a sort of a statement against skate stopping. If we ruined that it would make us look pretty bad, I would personally prefer that society be moving towards letting us skate street spots without issue.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2022, 11:29:16 AM »
Someone needs to step it up and steal Popps’ bench

IpathCats

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2022, 12:35:26 PM »
I'm gonna try to put one of the SLAP stickers i got from @PuffinMuffin on that bench if its at the glory challenge

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2022, 04:13:05 AM »
im gonna switch front lipslide the whole thing

cellarmushroom

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2022, 05:52:40 AM »
From Upstate NY and been living in the city for years now. Can say Im over the culture. NY think its different than LA, but there’s really nothing different about it.

I prefer to skate spots alone or with a close friend because usually blue park is a fucking pissing vibe out contest / content farm for out of towners. Whatever man, I get you want your little clip, but if im doing simple ass tricks enjoying my time off and you come up behind me 30 mph tryingn the same trick I was, youre a fucking transplant kook.

Still, NY is overrun with models , influencers and fucking posers of the likes. Its expensive, its nowhere near core at this point, and its blown the fuck out. Know that you will pay up the ass in rent to enjoy a nice vibe out by some kid that just mvoed here like you, gets his rent paid by daddy and think he runs shit.

The real NYers you meet know it too. Philly is a different world. Recommend that. NY is blown.

cellarmushroom

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2022, 06:03:02 AM »
From Upstate NY and been living in the city for years now. Can say Im over the culture. NY think its different than LA, but there’s really nothing different about it.

I prefer to skate spots alone or with a close friend because usually blue park is a fucking pissing vibe out contest / content farm for out of towners. Whatever man, I get you want your little clip, but if im doing simple ass tricks enjoying my time off and you come up behind me 30 mph tryingn the same trick I was, youre a fucking transplant kook.

Still, NY is overrun with models , influencers and fucking posers of the likes. Its expensive, its nowhere near core at this point, and its blown the fuck out. Know that you will pay up the ass in rent to enjoy a nice vibe out by some kid that just mvoed here like you, gets his rent paid by daddy and think he runs shit.

The real NYers you meet know it too. Philly is a different world. Recommend that. NY is blown.

Wanted to follow up by saying, It might be cool to the dude that wants to switch it up and I dont think its bad to wanna come here, but the influencer fest/ try hard jock shit is destructive to the community. You’re a guest, act accordingly. Tired of the hostile skate session every time.

I love NY and my city but it is truly blown tf out sometimes. That being said, I’m relocating anywhere but here when this lease is up cuz my rent went up 500 and my family got priced out of upstate as of this year (cuz of remote work) lol. The trend seems to be that NY will become just like the Bay area.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2022, 06:05:40 AM »
dude chill
topic is about the fucking bench

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2022, 06:25:35 AM »
you good bro?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2022, 07:02:35 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »
I think if you go out of your way to skate rotting wooden boxes at Blue or Tompkins and then complain about the crowd there you're a moron. One goes to Blue to maybe see Aaron Herrington. Just go to Cooper or something man'

Edit: Also you're also not from new york city
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2022, 07:33:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wanted to follow up by saying, It might be cool to the dude that wants to switch it up and I dont think its bad to wanna come here, but the influencer fest/ try hard jock shit is destructive to the community. You’re a guest, act accordingly. Tired of the hostile skate session every time.

I love NY and my city but it is truly blown tf out sometimes. That being said, I’m relocating anywhere but here when this lease is up cuz my rent went up 500 and my family got priced out of upstate as of this year (cuz of remote work) lol. The trend seems to be that NY will become just like the Bay area.

You should look into local rent laws. You can't just raise the rent 500 in a lot of places. Figure out what tenant rights you have before uprooting your whole family on short notice.

Fuck landlords by the way. Not a job. Capitalism is so backwards.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

IpathCats

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2022, 07:48:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You should look into local rent laws. You can't just raise the rent 500 in a lot of places. Figure out what tenant rights you have before uprooting your whole family on short notice.

Fuck landlords by the way. Not a job. Capitalism is so backwards.

Happens all the time and is a huge contributing factor to gentrification. Cities are making or breaking people, they either become part of the ultra wealthy class, or they are priced out of success and into poverty. The social structures in these places are slowly starting to resemble those in china, pretty sad.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2022, 08:44:14 AM »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »
Philly:
LOVE
City Hall
Muni
ledges into the bank
sick double set
FDR
Kevin Taylor

NYC:
Flushing Meadows
Brooklyn Banks
Union Square
LES
Con-Ed
Pyramid Ledges

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 339
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2022, 10:47:28 AM »
Philly:
LOVE
City Hall
Muni
ledges into the bank
sick double set
FDR
Kevin Taylor
Shakespeare
9th and Poplar
Pops
Whitehall
Afro Bank
UPenn/Drexel campuses

NYC:
Flushing Meadows
Brooklyn Banks
Union Square
LES
Con-Ed
Pyramid Ledges

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2022, 12:04:25 PM »
lol pops are u fuckin joking