Author Topic: Philly vs New York  (Read 12926 times)

Goodcurbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Philly vs New York
« on: September 03, 2022, 08:22:47 AM »
Gnarly! Philly skateboarders steal iconic bench from NYC’s Tompkins Square Park https://nypost.com/2022/09/03/philly-skateboarders-steal-bench-from-nycs-tompkins-square-park/. We were making jokes, like ‘What are they gonna do? Take a train down here and put it back on the train?'” Bergenfield said. “Those kids don’t know how to drive.”

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Philly vs New York
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 08:26:42 AM »
This is tight.

Now I want a camp across the lake type summer feel good movie about skateboarders stealing benches from one state to another.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 08:33:27 AM »
Gnarly man! What will happen next?! OMGOSH

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

manysnakes

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 08:34:22 AM »
I hope NYC skaters steal one of the benches from Municipal Plaza.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 09:17:08 AM »
go birds

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 09:42:49 AM »
I hope NYC skaters steal one of the benches from Municipal Plaza.

I don’t think most NYC skaters are accustomed to being
around such heavy marble benches in their native suburban North Jersey and Midwestern towns.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 09:48:48 AM »
It's like an 80s teen movie haha sick

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 12:53:13 PM »
Yessssssss. Rivalriesssssss

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »
this shit is getting bizzare. I hope everybody keeps a level head and things don't get violent in any way, sometimes the heat of the moment can make people act crazy.
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2022, 01:53:13 PM »
Gnarly! Philly skateboarders steal iconic bench from NYC’s Tompkins Square Park https://nypost.com/2022/09/03/philly-skateboarders-steal-bench-from-nycs-tompkins-square-park/. We were making jokes, like ‘What are they gonna do? Take a train down here and put it back on the train?'” Bergenfield said. “Those kids don’t know how to drive.”

Already marked your ass 23 minute earlier in the photos/video section. You shriveled teste.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
  • Free Max B
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2022, 02:09:21 PM »
Is this real beef or just a joke like the bronze bump to bar that ended up on a US tour. Hopefully they aren’t actually beefing over a bench.
Unrelated: ny post and their instagram is next level braidndead for a company you wouldn’t expect to be so deep fried.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2022, 02:12:37 PM »

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »
This is hilarious, and I'm all for it.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 03:19:53 PM »
“That was our s—t first,” griped Naquan Rollings, 24, a skate videographer
Does anyone want to tell him?

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 03:44:38 PM »
Warriors, come out to plaaaayyyaaaay.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2022, 03:52:03 PM »
Is this real beef or just a joke like the bronze bump to bar that ended up on a US tour. Hopefully they aren’t actually beefing over a bench.
Unrelated: ny post and their instagram is next level braidndead for a company you wouldn’t expect to be so deep fried.

Free max b

Pretty sure it’s fake cause it’s been in Philly for like a week. Panebianco posted a pic a few weeks ago I just assumed it was for another FA skate jam type deal
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2022, 03:55:23 PM »
Helen of Troy the Bench

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 60
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2022, 01:01:44 AM »
Fly, eagles fly, on a road to victory.

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2022, 03:42:58 AM »
This is tight.

Now I want a camp across the lake type summer feel good movie about skateboarders stealing benches from one state to another.

Yeah. Hope it gets more and more absurd while still keeping everything light-hearted and good vibes. Would be something really dumb to take too seriously, but hilarious if people take it just seriously enough to keep it going.

I want the GX guys to somehow get the Cali one to San Francisco and do some hillbomb lines with it.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2022, 04:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
This is tight.

[close]

Yeah. Hope it gets more and more absurd while still keeping everything light-hearted and good vibes. Would be something really dumb to take too seriously, but hilarious if people take it just seriously enough to keep it going.

I want the GX guys to somehow get the Cali one to San Francisco and do some hillbomb lines with it.

I'd love to see it disappear and then turn up for the Dime contest or CPH open :)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2022, 04:29:14 AM »
We were making jokes, like ‘What are they gonna do? Take a train down here and put it back on the train?'” Bergenfield said. “Those kids don’t know how to drive.”

Man, I kind of want some skaters to bring it in a NYC subway train to fulfill the joke... But I also know how THAT level of stupid is how we lose the bench to the cops. Gotta strike that balance.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is tight.

[close]

[close]

I'd love to see it disappear and then turn up for the Dime contest or CPH open :)

It's truly what skateboarding deserves... But what we will get is some lame corporate sponsored event.

"Welcome to the Dew Tour - Bench Bop at the Beach, sponsored by... Cariuma... Wendy's... And The United States Marines".

That last one isn't a joke. The military sponsors the Dew Tour in 2022.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

manysnakes

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2022, 05:34:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is tight.

[close]

[close]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's gotta cross an ocean now.

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2022, 06:51:56 AM »
Back it one thousand percent.

Skateboarding needs more of this. Skateboarding is fun, why so serious.?

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2022, 07:05:47 AM »
Expand Quote
We were making jokes, like ‘What are they gonna do? Take a train down here and put it back on the train?'” Bergenfield said. “Those kids don’t know how to drive.”
[close]

Man, I kind of want some skaters to bring it in a NYC subway train to fulfill the joke... But I also know how THAT level of stupid is how we lose the bench to the cops. Gotta strike that balance.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is tight.

[close]

[close]

[close]

It's truly what skateboarding deserves... But what we will get is some lame corporate sponsored event.

"Welcome to the Dew Tour - Bench Bop at the Beach, sponsored by... Cariuma... Wendy's... And The United States Marines".

That last one isn't a joke. The military sponsors the Dew Tour in 2022.

My favorite core corps event
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2022, 07:16:39 AM »
Oh hell yes. Skateboarding needs more of this.

I’m a registered member of West Coast excellence, but in this moment I must stand with The Philly Bench Pillagers. The only team!

Plus Philadelphia has always produced better skateboarding, let’s be honest. For the sake of science allowing for exceptions, I’ll plug Tyshawn into the role making NY sparkle.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Banned from the room

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2022, 08:15:19 AM »
Last time I was in NYC no one would talk to me except these two guys from like CT. I was thinking that maybe it was all the Nazis and lame ass bikers who came out to see Madball and shit. What the fuck happened to nyhc. That shit would NEVER EVER HAPPEN IN BOSTON.

I definitely could tell no locals wanted to talk to me at all. They broke eye contact and threw down every time I got close.

I mean wtf tho. NYHC welcomes patch wearing scum and NYC skateboarding finally looks just like me and no Fleas get love.

I was bummed af. I'm pretty sure some kook pored something chemical af into my water too. I had horrible folliculitis and new ruined vans "skate eras" on that ruined my pinky toe.

I taught the hair head from CT how to tre flip. He said he'd been trying it for like years. Got it almost first try. After I showed him the toe off tail method.

While I was tripping on whatever I drank I saw the best looking skater I've ever seen in my life. Handsome boy was Tall dark and handsome. Head tattoos and shit. Rocking vans mini hounds tooth chef pants and a wife beater. 

Make that mofo pro yesterday. That's what skating should look like.

Something tells me he is on my old trip. Having your name on product is some kook shit.

But yeah ny should not have the bench until they gulag all their 1%ers.

Banned from the room

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2022, 08:18:15 AM »
Also I'll be back soon af. I want love to be waiting for me.

If you see me pal you best say hi

Skatetron580

• Rep: -12
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2022, 10:07:13 AM »
NYC May have been cool once but today that s*** is all fashion models and sex people... it is the epicenter of fascist chic... The m*********** is there have to debate whether to post a clip their instagram or their only fans

manysnakes

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2022, 12:24:32 PM »
I hate sex people too, man!

Banned from the room

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2022, 12:35:15 PM »
I don't have enough time in Philly. Almost every time I'm in PA I'm like in Allentown or just passing though for an HR or two. It's been like over 15 years since I've been.