Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225034 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

thugnificent

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1531 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:52 AM »
that was a pretty terrible read

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1532 on: March 20, 2013, 09:27:04 AM »
leafers need to win tonight, I can hear the 18 wheeler

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #1533 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:01 AM »
I paid $50 to get the NHL GameCenter Live.

I can watch every game of the season, all Tivo-style.

I love it.

Go Wild.

Detroit games are sometimes blacked out, and every leafs homegame is blacked out.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #1534 on: March 25, 2013, 09:45:26 AM »
Tampa bay let go of their coach this past weekend, thoughts?

raunchyrick

« Reply #1535 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
Pengiuns just keep getting stronger with these trades. Really hoping Jagr to boston rumor works out

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1536 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:33 PM »
Stop bumping this thread, hockey is a sport for beer drinking neanderthals

raunchyrick

« Reply #1537 on: March 29, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1881031#msg1881031 date=1364585493
Stop bumping this thread, hockey is a sport for beer drinking neanderthals

1. No I will not stop bumping this thread 2. Hockey is the only good sport 3. You got something against drinking beer? You do realize skateboarders drink beer too, right? 4. Neanderthals are cool.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1538 on: March 29, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »
Pengiuns just keep getting stronger with these trades. Really hoping Jagr to boston rumor works out
Calgary got absolutely fleeced. The return that they would have got from Boston is a lot better than the college no names and a late first round pick they got from Pittsburgh.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1539 on: March 29, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »
I don't hate the leafs but I feel I've wasted way too much time listening about AHL caliber players......I'm still sticking to my guns that a team no one gives a shit about takes the cup....

Calgarys gonna suck forever.....even with prospects or picks....not a chance.....

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1540 on: March 29, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Calgary got absolutely fleeced. The return that they would have got from Boston is a lot better than the college no names and a late first round pick they got from Pittsburgh.
Its Jarome Iginla bro its not a big deal. He's 35 years old for fux sake. Calgary is lucky to get anything for that bush league coon, its shocking that pitt even wanted him in the first place

Guy led a shitty franchise for his entire career, and now he's supposed to be a sideshow for another cup run? nah that's not how hockey works

Calgary is in a great position for rebuilding, they have loyal fans and great goaltending. Sellouts and jersey sales are all that matters

Nick..

« Reply #1541 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1881186#msg1881186 date=1364608327
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Its Jarome Iginla bro its not a big deal. He's 35 years old for fux sake. Calgary is lucky to get anything for that bush league coon, its shocking that pitt even wanted him in the first place

Guy led a shitty franchise for his entire career, and now he's supposed to be a sideshow for another cup run? nah that's not how hockey works

Calgary is in a great position for rebuilding, they have loyal fans and great goaltending. Sellouts and jersey sales are all that matters
Dallas was able to get more from Pittsburgh for Brenden Morrow, who's 34 and has chronic back problems. One of the prospects that Calgary would have got from Boston, Alex Khokhlachev, is Boston's best forward prospect and Boston's second best prospect overall behind Subban. Also, Kipper is last in the league in save percentage, their prospect pool is shallow and they should have blown up the team and rebuilt a couple seasons ago, as they still weren't that good (good enough to stay out of the league basement, bad enough to miss the playoffs) and the value of Iginla and Kipper would of been much higher at that time, thus getting better building blocks for the future via trade. There's a reason why their second last in the West.

However, Bouwmeester could fetch a good return if Feaster knows what he's doing and ends up trading him too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:25:12 PM by Nick.. »

Tracer

« Reply #1542 on: March 29, 2013, 07:59:48 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=29208.msg1881186#msg1881186 date=1364608327
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Dallas was able to get more from Pittsburgh for Brenden Morrow, who's 34 and has chronic back problems. One of the prospects that Calgary would have got from Boston, Alex Khokhlachev, is Boston's best forward prospect and Boston's second best prospect overall behind Subban. Also, Kipper is last in the league in save percentage, their prospect pool is shallow and they should have blown up the team and rebuilt a couple seasons ago, as they still weren't that good (good enough to stay out of the league basement, bad enough to miss the playoffs) and the value of Iginla and Kipper would of been much higher at that time, thus getting better building blocks for the future via trade. There's a reason why their second last in the West.

However, Bouwmeester could fetch a good return if Feaster knows what he's doing and ends up trading him too.
Kipper is a fukkin stud u moron.. this season will go down as the worst in NHL history it doesn't matter, too many B2B.. half the games and all conference play.. just when the nhl was starting to shape up

You may as well be terrible as opposed to mediocre in NHL theres 30 other teams, you're not winning

What don't you understand? hockey is about business not winning, every trade gets made with a business first approach.

It will be great to see the young up and comers get their shot at NHL, it always makes me smile when big names are shipped out of town. the 19-20 year olds want it more and make for much more exciting hockey

thugnificent

« Reply #1543 on: March 29, 2013, 10:33:50 PM »
kiprusoff isnt even going to play next year, you are outside of your mind if you think calgary is in a good position to rebuild

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: March 29, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
Calgary is like ten years behind Edmonton.....future looks bright! 

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1545 on: March 30, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »
I'm still confused why they traded UP at the draft for that Jankowski guy, he is 4 years away from playing.

Kipper said he may very well retire next year.

However look at Edmonton, they somehow still haven't figured it out, I don't doubt that in 3 years they'll start making the playoffs consistently I just thought they'd be better this year.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1546 on: March 30, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
Jankowski was a bit of an oddball decision at the time, but he's one of the few guys who was being projected as being a much later pick whose stock has gone up quite a bit since the draft. He looks like he'll be a real prospect, but yeah definitely not an immediate boost.

But as much flack as Feaster's been getting, I don't think he's really been that incompetent. If you've got aging guys who are as insanely well-respected and fully committed to the team as Kiprusoff and Iginla, who seemed to genuinely think as their contracts winded down that they could potentially guide the team into the playoffs -- it's hard to turn around on that and hit the self-destruct button and go full-on rebuild. I respect them for seeing things through, it didn't work out but trading away aging guys for younger ones is always a risky proposition. Now at least there's some small comfort knowing there's no other option really but to try and stack some prospects and make moves for 4-5 years from now.

I'm still optimistic we can cash in on Bouwmeester and get some higher value players in that might help things along in the shorter term. But to say we got fleeced on the Iginla deal -- I don't buy it. Bruins were offering up better prospects but the 1st rounder was conditional on Iggy signing long-term, which is no certainty. It's going to be a strong draft class, that first rounder is the most important thing even if it's fairly late.

Nick..

« Reply #1547 on: March 30, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »
Nazem Kadri. Leads the Leafs with 17 goals (a hat trick tonight), leads the NHL in penalties drawn, and has more points than Eric Staal and Ryan Getzlaf. The only two centres that have more points than him are Crosby and Stamkos.

This kid is fucking unreal.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1548 on: March 30, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
Nazem Kadri. Leads the Leafs with 17 goals (a hat trick tonight), leads the NHL in penalties drawn, and has more points than Eric Staal and Ryan Getzlaf. The only two centres that have more points than him are Crosby and Stamkos.

He only gets about 15 minutes a game too.

Nick..

« Reply #1549 on: March 30, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He only gets about 15 minutes a game too.
Surprised he doesn't get more minutes, but the guy has had great chemistry with Lupul and Kulemin on that second line, as does JVR, Bozak and Kessel do on the first. Kessel may not be scoring in bunches this year, but he's been a lot better defensively and still has more points than Seguin and Hamilton combined.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1550 on: March 30, 2013, 11:07:32 PM »
They're setting him up to succeed....

I don't fault Feaster for sticking to his guns....but he was unable to bring up any young talent....

It looks like Pittsburgh had no problems trading away prospects and picks because of what they had in their system....how te fuck did they get them?

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1551 on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:33 AM »
Man two heart breaking losses back to back by the devils.  Giving up game tying goals with 15 and 23 seconds left in regulation.  And then lose both in OT.  Fuck!

Tracer

« Reply #1552 on: March 31, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
Man two heart breaking losses back to back by the devils.  Giving up game tying goals with 15 and 23 seconds left in regulation.  And then lose both in OT.  Fuck!
2 OT losses= 1 win

NHL= joke league

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1553 on: March 31, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »
Crosby with a broken jaw. That fucking sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing the Pens dominate in the playoffs, it wasn't a sure thing, but with Crosby playing the hockey is always better.

thugnificent

« Reply #1554 on: March 31, 2013, 06:01:30 PM »
i doubt he will miss many games, wire it shut and throw on a cage he's good to go

Nick..

« Reply #1555 on: April 01, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »
Leafs talking to Kipper's reps today, don't understand why.

Flames trade Bouwmeester to St.Louis.

Red

• Rep: 51
« Reply #1556 on: April 02, 2013, 01:10:12 AM »

Crosby's grotesquely swollen jaw . . .

raunchyrick

« Reply #1557 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Jagr to the Bruins!!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1558 on: April 02, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »
Jane is going to fit in well in Boston....how many more teams can that guy play for?

Not stoked on the Canucks deal....Roy just wreaks of Vancouvers history in deadline deals...they never have impact....their cupboards are pretty bare in terms of new players and this doesn't help....I guess they figure they'll get picks and prospects for Louie....

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1559 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:45 AM »
derek roy has all the skill in the world, not a ton of heart, i think going to a contender like vancouver could actually push him.