Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225023 times)

Harem

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2070 on: June 09, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »
Just give the cup to the Kings already.

bumptobar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2071 on: June 09, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
Rangers never deserved to be in the finals anyway.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2072 on: June 09, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »
Rangers never deserved to be in the finals anyway.
NY just lost 2 games in OT after being up 2, that wears on you. Kings are the team to take advantage of any chokejobs, but NY played a hell of a finals so far despite tonight's loss. All they need is to win game 4 and get a tough win in LA, hockey anything is possible.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #2073 on: June 09, 2014, 11:00:05 PM »

I'd be less bummed if Bettman said....'oops we made a mistake....Boston gets the cup!'

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2074 on: June 10, 2014, 10:05:29 AM »
I hope the Rangers get a fire under them and pull through because I'd like to see another underdog story and have another team jump into the Cup pool instead of the same four teams.  At the very least, just complete it and make the Kings play seven games all four rounds.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #2075 on: June 10, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
It'd be tough for Quick to shut the Rangers out back to back. I don't think the Kings will sweep, but I'd be surprised if they managed to not win one more.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2076 on: June 10, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd be less bummed if Bettman said....'oops we made a mistake....Boston gets the cup!'

And I accept!

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2077 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Spezza requests a trade out of Ottawa and the Leafs really want Dan Boyle.

Regarding the Leafs, I have ZERO hope in their management because Nonis is a lameduck GM and an idiot.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2078 on: June 11, 2014, 11:09:46 PM »
Spezza requests a trade out of Ottawa and the Leafs really want Dan Boyle.

Regarding the Leafs, I have ZERO hope in their management because Nonis is a lameduck GM and an idiot.
Spezza should be kicked out the door, one of the worst team captains of all time. There is no redemption, it's either get out of Ottawa or continue playing for a horrible team, easy choice. Spexxa might fit in Buffalo or Anaheim, both need a player like him.

Great win by Lundy tonighit, you could see just enjoyment wining a cup finals game, this series is not over NY had a lead in most games so far, and it looked easy for em

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2079 on: June 12, 2014, 11:09:20 AM »
Pens fire Shero and Bylsma and hire dude from the Hurricanes. You know, because the fucking Hurricanes have been so good for the past forever.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2080 on: June 13, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
doughty's flow sucks

Tracer

« Reply #2081 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »
LA unbelievable coming back 0-3 VS SJ then cooling off the Rangers in 5 games. Awesome finals all games were very entertaining. New York played their asses off but Quick was just unbeatable again.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2082 on: June 14, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »
HAHAHA

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2083 on: June 14, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
LA unbelievable coming back 0-3 VS SJ then cooling off the Rangers in 5 games. Awesome finals all games were very entertaining. New York played their asses off but Quick was just unbeatable again.

You're joking right?  Quick had a horrible postseason.  It was his team, especially the defensemen, that saved him.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2084 on: June 14, 2014, 02:07:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're joking right?  Quick had a horrible postseason.  It was his team, especially the defensemen, that saved him.
I wouldn't say these are unbeatable but they definitely aren't horrible

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #2085 on: June 14, 2014, 03:09:28 PM »
Quick was fine. He certainly had his ups and downs, and he definitely stepped it up in the finals. I don't care how good the rest of the team plays, you don't win the whole damn thing if your goaltender is horrible.

And lets not forget that teams like Chicago, Anaheim, and San Jose are some of the top offensive teams in the league.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:11:43 PM by Ernie McCracken »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2086 on: June 14, 2014, 06:43:27 PM »
The kings just out worked and out battled in offense and defense.....goal tending quick showed up when he really needed to and he's a top 5'r for sure but I think it was the kings work ethic and tenacity that made you know they were taking it.....

If it went to seven....I bet lunquist would have been a strong candidate for MVP......Even if they lost.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #2087 on: June 14, 2014, 07:17:34 PM »
what kind of blades do you guys use? also i hate when people shout "do a slapshot"as they drive by right?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #2088 on: June 14, 2014, 07:44:17 PM »
what kind of blades do you guys use? also i hate when people shout "do a slapshot"as they drive by right?
Usually it's "do a slapshot, faggot".

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Tracer

« Reply #2089 on: June 14, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Quick is arguably the best goalie in the league, anchored by an amazing defense. It's hockey a team game individual stats mean nothing if you don't WIN

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2090 on: June 14, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »
The kings just out worked and out battled in offense and defense.....goal tending quick showed up when he really needed to and he's a top 5'r for sure but I think it was the kings work ethic and tenacity that made you know they were taking it.....

If it went to seven....I bet lunquist would have been a strong candidate for MVP......Even if they lost.

I'm not saying that Quick isn't a great goalie but he wasn't at his absolute best this postseason.  Definitely not as great as he was the last time they won a cup and not as good as other periods.  He stepped it up when he needed to but it was mostly his defense taking away shots and doing their jobs so Quick didn't get barraged by shots on goal like Lundqvist (for example) did.

And Tracer--you can't say that "Quick was unbeatable again" and then turn around and say that "individual stats don't matter."  An unbeatable goalie doesn't give up two goals on the two shots at him in a period (for example).

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2091 on: June 14, 2014, 11:47:57 PM »
Agreed.....

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2092 on: July 16, 2014, 01:06:47 PM »
Filthy

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2093 on: July 16, 2014, 04:13:07 PM »
Very irritating off season for Pens fans. Only upside so far is getting a steal on Ehrhoff

Nick..

« Reply #2094 on: July 16, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Very irritating off season for Pens fans. Only upside so far is getting a steal on Ehrhoff
The only plus is that Rutherford didn't badly overpay for Niskanen or Orpik. That Neal trade though... jeez.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2095 on: July 16, 2014, 09:15:44 PM »
Filthy

arvidsson had a beaut the other day

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2096 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:39 AM »

Fair comment for sure.....I think Sheros been good but you have to question where the young cheap talent is/was?  And how will they stay competitive.....

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2097 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The only plus is that Rutherford didn't badly overpay for Niskanen or Orpik. That Neal trade though... jeez.

Yeah people put up big money for a few guys, and you're right, that Neal trade was a fucking joke.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2098 on: October 04, 2014, 07:42:25 PM »
anyone in a fantasy league? whats everyones teams looking like?

I ended up with second to last pick but still drafted a pretty good team:

Toews
Kopitar
D. Sedin
Gaborik
Keith
Schneider
hornqvist
mcdonagh
zuccarello
ladd
seabrook
cammalleri
mason
callahan
shaw
desharnais

Nick..

« Reply #2099 on: October 05, 2014, 07:20:35 AM »
I'm in two fantasy leagues this year, have another one tonight with my friends back home. 10 people in each league.
First team: 8th overall
Malkin
P.Kane
MacKinnon
Bergeron
Voracek
Tarasenko
E.Kane
Monahan
Plekanec
Saad
Ladd