Author Topic: Andy Anderson long rant about stolen trick  (Read 12488 times)

Banned from the room

Re: Andy Anderson long rant about stolen trick
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2024, 09:37:12 AM »
I said it already. Powell ain't using their && in the right way.

I know the video a part is all but dead. YouTube is king. (in California out here IG and video parts still matter)

He needs to be on tour with a filmer.

George get his ass to Bogota Colombia. Or fuckin Boston. I'd take Andy around for the day. Probably not two tho.

I could take him up to weird woods. Then drop him in JP so Big can freelance a video part for Andy.

Wouldn't that be the fuckin shit. Powell on FL.

Cuz it must suck trying to be original out there. Everything waxed or painted red. Nice ground.

Out here it's fuckin easy to be original. Nothing has been touched around here.

Out there I'd say every inch of land that ain't sand locked has felt at least 4 duros over the years

Switch360flip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2024, 09:38:55 AM »
Berle must’ve bike locked a spot he was gonna skate.

That or he just watched that sheckler part for the first time.

Kaezan

• Rep: -4
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2024, 09:55:47 AM »

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »

this explanation is an ABD, Andy covered his all in the caption on IG.

No one respects the unwritten rules of explanations these days.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2024, 10:30:45 AM »

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2024, 10:39:38 AM »

There was a thread a little while ago about ugly spots and this is one of them. It’s an Instagram only spot. Vert button if it showed up in an actual part unless it’s something crazy like bs noseblunt the entire thing. It’s a spot Aaron Kyro would be camped out at back in 2013.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 05:00:13 PM by Switch360flip »

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 67
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2024, 05:52:16 PM »
I said it already. Powell ain't using their && in the right way.

I know the video a part is all but dead. YouTube is king. (in California out here IG and video parts still matter)

He needs to be on tour with a filmer.

George get his ass to Bogota Colombia. Or fuckin Boston. I'd take Andy around for the day. Probably not two tho.

I could take him up to weird woods. Then drop him in JP so Big can freelance a video part for Andy.

Wouldn't that be the fuckin shit. Powell on FL.

Cuz it must suck trying to be original out there. Everything waxed or painted red. Nice ground.

Out here it's fuckin easy to be original. Nothing has been touched around here.

Out there I'd say every inch of land that ain't sand locked has felt at least 4 duros over the years
I generally agree with what you are saying here, but Powell is holding it down for such a huge variety of styles and personalities.

They could just point right at the fat part of the market, but they are sponsoring skaters that core skaters would never give a crap about (like the super rad Fernando Yuppie, for instance)
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/9w69v5SOWGY

In that sense, people like Chris Hiett and && make a lot of sense on Powell.  It’s cool that they’re not only pushing bones brigade reissues or some corny team identity…they’re trying to do something new.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3369
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2024, 06:02:29 PM »
That fucking mustache is such garbage.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2024, 06:09:02 PM »

Can we get a wellness check on &&? If GAY publicly said my mustache was garbage I’d be ready to end it all.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 269
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2024, 06:25:03 PM »
Deez nuts fo sho
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2251
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2024, 06:37:36 PM »
Current Bones Brigade feels like a prequel of diet Welcome.
Welcome Light, if you will, with the occasional McGill & Cab sprinkled in for some sympathy flavoring.
But hey… tha’s jus’ me.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

the_dangery_bois

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2024, 06:44:57 PM »
Have you considered that it might be a signal to muggers and other toughs that he is not to be trifled with?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1104
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2024, 06:50:44 PM »
Skateboarding officially in it’s manufactured drama for clicks era.

Dad Board

« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2024, 07:57:10 PM »

This isn’t skateboarding, this is some bullshit.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2024, 09:56:44 PM »

Do not visit Australia right now. Shit is everywhere.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

icedancer

• Rep: -14
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2024, 10:03:19 PM »
These kooks can cancel each other out

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2024, 10:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This isn’t skateboarding, this is some bullshit.
Well said my friend.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2024, 12:45:09 AM »
I have nothing to say about &&.

I will however, state that Chris Hiett is Street Staab
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Old SadFat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2024, 05:01:18 AM »

It's like he shaved off his eyebrows and taped them to his lip.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2024, 05:10:33 AM »
Welcome Light, if you will, with the occasional McGill & Cab sprinkled in for some sympathy flavoring.
But hey… tha’s jus’ me.

the current Powell team gives off big Christian youth group vibes to me
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2024, 05:45:46 AM »
Expand Quote
But hey… tha’s jus’ me.
[close]

Especially given that the Cab age gap and the priest/youth leader age gap being so similar
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

the_dangery_bois

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2024, 05:51:26 AM »
In the mid 1980s, the skateboard industry collectively realized that by framing their products as totems of rebellion, they could capture the birthday dollars of little boys who were too tender or awkward for tackle football.

They started to name their products cool Garbage Pail Kid names like, Bones and Slimeball (and eventually, antihero, creature, deathwish, heroin, and snot..etc etc etc) to solidify this profitable brand position.

People with fragile identities took the position of these products to heart just like people do with brands like Black Rifle Coffe, West Coast Choppers (weird, same Maltese cross logo as Indy), or Harley Davidson…

Football is authentically more dangerous than skateboarding.
Action sports that didn’t take this “outlaw” position (bmx, rollerblading) have seen their fortunes decline.

Rest assured focus groups and mba consultants had a hand in Vans sponsoring Warped Tour or choosing Grosso to tell skateboarding’s history.

Stacey Peralta even made fun of the branding crap in the opening scene of Animal Chin.  Its marketing.  That’s all.  There is nothing intrinsically punk rock about the act of skateboarding.

Some people feel threatened when a brand pivots because of how they have constructed their sense of self (remember the whole Bud Light thing a couple months ago)…but, if it is hard, take your time…maybe drink a Liquid Death.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2024, 07:52:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
In the mid 1980s, the skateboard industry collectively realized that by framing their products as totems of rebellion, they could capture the birthday dollars of little boys who were too tender or awkward for tackle football.

They started to name their products cool Garbage Pail Kid names like, Bones and Slimeball (and eventually, antihero, creature, deathwish, heroin, and snot..etc etc etc) to solidify this profitable brand position.

People with fragile identities took the position of these products to heart just like people do with brands like Black Rifle Coffe, West Coast Choppers (weird, same Maltese cross logo as Indy), or Harley Davidson…

Action sports that didn’t take this “outlaw” position (bmx, rollerblading) have seen their fortunes decline.

Rest assured focus groups and mba consultants had a hand in Vans sponsoring Warped Tour or choosing Grosso to tell skateboarding’s history.

Stacey Peralta even made fun of the branding crap in the opening scene of Animal Chin.  Its marketing.  That’s all.  There is nothing intrinsically punk rock about the act of skateboarding.

Some people feel threatened when a brand pivots because of how they have constructed their sense of self (remember the whole Bud Light thing a couple months ago)…but, if it is hard, take your time…maybe drink a Liquid Death.

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3369
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2024, 07:55:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m going to get this post as a back tattoo.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2024, 08:04:12 AM »
Its only January but I think @RembrantQeinstein just made a POTY

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2024, 08:19:10 AM »
All those freestyle enthusiasts are fighting.

He's firing shots back at Ricky I think because of the interview. I don't wanna go back and look. I could be wrong.

Also a freestyle king. Like the current king... said Andy is faking the freestyle funk on the 9club curb thing.
Face to face shit. Punched a hole right into the Andy schtick on YouTube.

I been watching all the side garbage and there's definitely trouble in YouTube land

I think Ricky is upset with Ritchie Jackson too.

Let's see what g rated passive aggressive youtube thing happens next.
23:45 if it doesnt automatically go to the right time

I think andy is so narcissistic it flew right over his head. If you go back a few minutes andy says a few things that show what kind of person he really is... Like how he never watches anyone else skate besides himself. Then his gf comes in to try and get her camera time.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2024, 08:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you’re using “punk rock” as synonymous with rebellious, you think that was added in marketing whole-cloth and has no intrinsic link to skate boarding?

Many skateboarders would be exceptional athletes in other traditional sports, though they are generally much (much) smaller than football players.  Foy or Frankie are considered large or fat skateboarders, and they would be the lightest people on the football field by what, 40 lbs? 

Saying that people pickup skateboards because they are too soft for football is silly, though an argument could be made for size playing a factor in diminutive men picking individual sports that favor a smaller body type like skateboarding.

As for the Powell team, they seem to be a group of sub elite pros (in marketability more than skill level) for a variety of reasons, specific to each individual.  This is just who Powell can pull, they’d gladly take some elites if they could, but its 2024 and they’re Powell so it is what it is.

Making a joke that their eccentricities make them seem akin to a group of christian (cult) youth, is just some light humor at their expense, typical of SLAP, nothing more.  I don’t think anyones opinion on Powell has changed much (teir 2/ historical relevant brand) in 20+ years and doubt their team in an affront to anyone’s identity at this point.

Ps.  I think slimeball as the name for bright green liquid urothane cast into a ball shaped wheel is pretty self explainatory.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2024, 09:32:35 AM »
More evidence of how out of the loop these YouTube kooks are. ABDs happen all time whether inadvertent or intentional, and brands pull clips and photos frequently. However, they don’t make a big deal out of it, other than maybe Clint Walker.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2024, 09:37:09 AM »
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.