Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720941 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6030 on: February 01, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »
I'm doing on the job training as a family visitation monitor. My job is to be there and take notes of everything said and done by the noncustodial parent and the child. Shit is unbelievably boring until it suddenly isn't. Sometimes kids have huge tantrums and parents have meltdowns. So far I've been pretty much doing the entirety of the job with none of the pay because I am yet to be certified as a professional. Once I get my certification, though, I sand to make around $50 an hour. I'm doing a visitation right now, but I've noted everything I can think and I've got an hour more to go. This forum, instagram, reddit, and three coffees are helping me stave off sleep. Also, I've got a Hinge date today at a wine bar. I don't really know how to feel about that besides worrying about how expensive this thing is going to be. I'll pretend to be a normal person.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6031 on: February 01, 2020, 04:13:56 PM »
I'm doing on the job training as a family visitation monitor. My job is to be there and take notes of everything said and done by the noncustodial parent and the child. Shit is unbelievably boring until it suddenly isn't. Sometimes kids have huge tantrums and parents have meltdowns. So far I've been pretty much doing the entirety of the job with none of the pay because I am yet to be certified as a professional. Once I get my certification, though, I sand to make around $50 an hour. I'm doing a visitation right now, but I've noted everything I can think and I've got an hour more to go. This forum, instagram, reddit, and three coffees are helping me stave off sleep. Also, I've got a Hinge date today at a wine bar. I don't really know how to feel about that besides worrying about how expensive this thing is going to be. I'll pretend to be a normal person.

You got this man. Just be you. You don't need to put on an act for anyone, especially anyone worth spending time with.

Hope the job works out too. That would be some decent $

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6032 on: February 01, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You got this man. Just be you. You don't need to put on an act for anyone, especially anyone worth spending time with.

She cancelled.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6033 on: February 01, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
She cancelled.
Keep in contact with her, but also keep hunting. My girlfriend cancelled our first planned date last minute, typical girl shit.

Ramrod

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6034 on: February 01, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »
im moving to florida for a year or so :/

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6035 on: February 02, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
^Pretty sure that's 100% unstokage unless you're going to Miami. God help you if you go to the panhandle.

Ramrod

« Reply #6036 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:34 PM »
^Pretty sure that's 100% unstokage unless you're going to Miami. God help you if you go to the panhandle.
hopefully it wont be too bad, ill be in Lakeland, the Boss' home town.
not too far from Tampa, and there was a cool local park when i visited last year.
Miami was pretty fucking cool as well, didnt get to skate it at all though.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6037 on: February 02, 2020, 10:47:25 PM »
  Where I'm at they sell cooked chicken on the street but they don't cover it so there will be flys on it.  This one vendor brings spiders to his little stand and he's got 3 or 4 webs hanging above the chicken.  Im not even kidding.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #6038 on: February 02, 2020, 11:20:20 PM »
  Where I'm at they sell cooked chicken on the street but they don't cover it so there will be flys on it.  This one vendor brings spiders to his little stand and he's got 3 or 4 webs hanging above the chicken.  Im not even kidding.

Reminds me, last time I was in Budapest, our crew's Airbnb was just atop of a pizza place, so literally every night after skating all day that was the logical hangout spot for late food and beer; the place itself as a whole was honestly decently clean and we'd go at hours were they were making and baking fresh pizza non stop on rotation so the only visible flaw, a persistent swarm of flies chilling next to the stand where they'd normally let them sit, while pretty alarming, looked harmless since the stand was always empty so just something we'd crack jokes about, like hey imagine if what we're eating had actually been sitting there for hours. The pizza was actually good, too. Two weeks after the trip, one of our local homies sends us an IG story of a fucking pigeon literally inside the stand, under the glass, just casually feasting on one of the exposed pizzas in the daytime with flies on them and no one doing anything.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:24:28 AM by silhouette »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1496
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6039 on: February 03, 2020, 06:54:46 AM »
That's Pete the Pizza Pigeon, their unspoken mascot. He local.

(say "Pete's a pigeon" out loud)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 07:00:44 AM by layzieyez »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6040 on: February 03, 2020, 08:55:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Reminds me, last time I was in Budapest, our crew's Airbnb was just atop of a pizza place, so literally every night after skating all day that was the logical hangout spot for late food and beer; the place itself as a whole was honestly decently clean and we'd go at hours were they were making and baking fresh pizza non stop on rotation so the only visible flaw, a persistent swarm of flies chilling next to the stand where they'd normally let them sit, while pretty alarming, looked harmless since the stand was always empty so just something we'd crack jokes about, like hey imagine if what we're eating had actually been sitting there for hours. The pizza was actually good, too. Two weeks after the trip, one of our local homies sends us an IG story of a fucking pigeon literally inside the stand, under the glass, just casually feasting on one of the exposed pizzas in the daytime with flies on them and no one doing anything.
  Well you got a ‘fly’ steeze silhouette ha

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #6041 on: February 03, 2020, 10:15:20 AM »
Stoked on sitting here at work getting paid to do nothing, not stoked on how boring it is.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6042 on: February 03, 2020, 12:43:04 PM »
Went on a date with a girl I've crushed on for a year, but never really talked to. Were in some student organizations together (I'm just an occasional member, she's president). Just kind of hit her up on IG and she said she was down.

Date went great, more of a "get to know" each other than a date, but she seemed stoked on me and I'm stoked on her too. Said she definitely wants to do this again.

Not stoked cause she's a really shit texter. She runs a lot of student organizations and is really involved with her dance team and such and schoolwork, while I'm on a super dry internship where I sit around all day doing nothing for money.

Had shit lined up last week, but she had something come up and had to cancel. I had some small gifts for her for Chinese New year so I walked a mile in the rain to her dance studio to give her the gifts. She seemed happy, not super stoked but whatever. Then she said she's busy this week.

Idk man really happy I went on the date with her and felt like we have good chemistry, but she literally never texts me and I'm always trying to arrange stuff while she doesn't. Kind of thinking about moving on bc realistically, we went on one date which doesn't really count for anything, but I like her a lot. I'm pretty sure one of her friends was into me but I feel like if i ask her out I'll bone myself out of this girl and she might even say no cause of feeling like a second choice or smth.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #6043 on: February 03, 2020, 12:50:48 PM »
Went on a date with a girl I've crushed on for a year, but never really talked to. Were in some student organizations together (I'm just an occasional member, she's president). Just kind of hit her up on IG and she said she was down.

Date went great, more of a "get to know" each other than a date, but she seemed stoked on me and I'm stoked on her too. Said she definitely wants to do this again.

Not stoked cause she's a really shit texter. She runs a lot of student organizations and is really involved with her dance team and such and schoolwork, while I'm on a super dry internship where I sit around all day doing nothing for money.

Had shit lined up last week, but she had something come up and had to cancel. I had some small gifts for her for Chinese New year so I walked a mile in the rain to her dance studio to give her the gifts. She seemed happy, not super stoked but whatever. Then she said she's busy this week.

Idk man really happy I went on the date with her and felt like we have good chemistry, but she literally never texts me and I'm always trying to arrange stuff while she doesn't. Kind of thinking about moving on bc realistically, we went on one date which doesn't really count for anything, but I like her a lot. I'm pretty sure one of her friends was into me but I feel like if i ask her out I'll bone myself out of this girl and she might even say no cause of feeling like a second choice or smth.

Sounds like you could possibly be coming on too strong, if she's super busy and you have a lot of time and your constantly texting her and shes overwhelmed with other responsibilities she might feel like it's a lot (speculation of course), even the walking in the rain haha couldnt you have waited a day or so?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #6044 on: February 03, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
Took the car in for check engine ...time for a new car.

Looking for a new car is kinda fun but not  looking forward to new monthly payments

Ramrod

« Reply #6045 on: February 03, 2020, 05:49:06 PM »

Looking for a new car is kinda fun but not  looking forward to new monthly payments
had this happen a few years back
it sucks having a car payment, but you win in other ways like knowing your car will start each and every time you put your key in the ignition

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6046 on: February 03, 2020, 11:03:36 PM »

Its pretty cool u got that date tho.  Like she agreed to go out once, that means youve got a few shreads of sex appeal, anyway.  Gotta look at the positives.  She might have been rooting for u but showing up rain soaked with gifts having not kissed her yet will get the panties back up in short order.   Remember to treat urself good. 

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #6047 on: February 03, 2020, 11:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  Its pretty cool u got that date tho.  Like she agreed to go out once, that means youve got a few shreads of sex appeal, anyway.  Gotta look at the positives.  She might have been rooting for u but showing up rain soaked with gifts having not kissed her yet will get the panties back up in short order.  Remember to treat urself good.

It's true that women like a "bad boy" or whatever, but the thing that they really like about those dudes is that they don't give that much of a fuck about making people happy. They know what to do and when to do it to please people but otherwise they are able to do their own thing, thus, they can get shit done that they need to do be successful (powerful and maybe also rich) men. That's the whole trick to it all that I've kinda figured out over the years. Then, when a dude gives time for their partner, they feel good about it.

I'm not a scumbag, but I really do think this is the dynamic that works best most of the time. Don't be a wimp. Do you first. Be successful. Then once your own shit is in order give whatever is left to your partner or potential partner.

tldr: don't walk a mile in the rain to give gifts to a girl you had one date with. It seems like a nice gesture, but to her, you might seem desperate.

Do that only if you really really fucked up and want to get her back.

Good luck! Relationships are pretty fucking confusing.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6048 on: February 04, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
  Its pretty cool u got that date tho.  Like she agreed to go out once, that means youve got a few shreads of sex appeal, anyway.  Gotta look at the positives.  She might have been rooting for u but showing up rain soaked with gifts having not kissed her yet will get the panties back up in short order.  Remember to treat urself good.
[close]

It's true that women like a "bad boy" or whatever, but the thing that they really like about those dudes is that they don't give that much of a fuck about making people happy. They know what to do and when to do it to please people but otherwise they are able to do their own thing, thus, they can get shit done that they need to do be successful (powerful and maybe also rich) men. That's the whole trick to it all that I've kinda figured out over the years. Then, when a dude gives time for their partner, they feel good about it.

I'm not a scumbag, but I really do think this is the dynamic that works best most of the time. Don't be a wimp. Do you first. Be successful. Then once your own shit is in order give whatever is left to your partner or potential partner.

tldr: don't walk a mile in the rain to give gifts to a girl you had one date with. It seems like a nice gesture, but to her, you might seem desperate.

Do that only if you really really fucked up and want to get her back.

Good luck! Relationships are pretty fucking confusing.

Yea, just to take it easy and ignore everything you've ever seen in every romantic comedy. Big gestures early on (or ever) can be overwhelming/scary. Be nice, but don't go super far out of your way. I've had the most success when things are just casual.

But, yea, even if things don't go anywhere with this girl, just be glad that you got to that first date. If you got that date w/a girl who is this awesome, there will be other women as well. Especially, if you are still in school. The numbers are totally on your side. There are so many single people in school, you will have plenty of other choices.

I think the "bad boy" appeal is just the fun/lack of responsibility. Everything is super fun when there is no worry about the consequences. Spend the night doing coke? Who cares about work or grocery money. Go out until 2AM drinking on a weekday? Fuck it, let's have fun now. It is just fun and it feels good not to worry about anything. It gives them an excuse to act like shit and be super hedonistic as well.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:24:19 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Yu Dum

« Reply #6049 on: February 04, 2020, 11:42:10 AM »
Going through all of the shit we had to pack away and finding things I've been looking for is nice, but smelling the old home on our curtains, some clothing, etc. nearly brought me to tears yesterday.
I'm not necessarily upset that they still smell like that.
It's just the memories that come with those scents.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6050 on: February 04, 2020, 12:08:56 PM »
Anyone ever have any problem climaxing during sex?

The girl I’ve been seeing things have been going pretty well and we’re pretty steady having sex and lately she’s been getting off everytime and that’s always a sick feeling, but I’m like 5050 with it. I used to blame it on drunk/cocaine or whatever but we’ve had some sober sex at times and even those times I’ve had a few issues.

I think I was watching a lot of porn and jerking off a lot before seeing her and days I’m not around her I still do so I’m just gonna try and cut back on that a lot.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6051 on: February 04, 2020, 01:05:00 PM »

no not never

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 952
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6052 on: February 04, 2020, 04:24:43 PM »
Chico footage. Smooth cut

I received a deep wound on my thumb.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

JohnnySaintLethal

« Reply #6053 on: February 04, 2020, 05:36:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no not never
very cool iggy pop thanks for sharing

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6054 on: February 04, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
I haven’t had to run my heater once this winter but have been burning wood the entire time. It’s primally dope, plus I get wood as a perk of my work.
Now almost all the cord+ I’ve cut is gone. Everything I have access to is wet. But it feels good to self heat the house.
Fuck a gas bill.

As for the previous rant about being the bad boy. Just do both yo. Hold down your profession and scholastic pursuits while simultaneously exploring drugs, aggressively writing graffiti, and grow some side hustles. Win-fucking-win my guy!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #6055 on: February 05, 2020, 05:59:36 AM »
Been busy lately with a lot of work. Stoked I'm not bored. Not stoked on some of it.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #6056 on: February 05, 2020, 06:19:26 AM »

The girl I’ve been seeing things have been going pretty well and we’re pretty steady having sex and lately she’s been getting off everytime and that’s always a sick feeling, but I’m like 5050 with it. I used to blame it on drunk/cocaine or whatever but we’ve had some sober sex at times and even those times I’ve had a few issues.

I think I was watching a lot of porn and jerking off a lot before seeing her and days I’m not around her I still do so I’m just gonna try and cut back on that a lot.

Happens sometimes, it's not a big thing unless she starts getting in her own head about it. I used to look at it as a very pleasant workout. As long as she is enjoying it and you're having fun, it is all good.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6057 on: February 05, 2020, 06:27:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
had this happen a few years back
it sucks having a car payment, but you win in other ways like knowing your car will start each and every time you put your key in the ignition
Goddamn man I know how that goes. I didn't get my first great condition car until I was like 27, when I bought pre-owned. After driving nothing but shitty cars all my life I was screaming on the road so happy. I proceeded to fly off the road in a desert state park like a month later, and fucked up the bumper and the body under the door, but that ain't the point, she still runs.

My first car some dude had to show me how to like tap a wire to the starter to get that shit going, it was always sketchy and you always needed someone to turn the key at the time you did it. Then my next car I always used to park way up the driveway so I could roll back, get enough speed and jump start it in reverse. Became a pro at jump starting for a while.

JohnnySaintLethal

« Reply #6058 on: February 05, 2020, 10:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Happens sometimes, it's not a big thing unless she starts getting in her own head about it. I used to look at it as a very pleasant workout. As long as she is enjoying it and you're having fun, it is all good.
yeah luckily she understands I had a girl who was really bummed about it before and got way to invested into the idea of it being her fault and that just wasn’t fun.

Ramrod

« Reply #6059 on: February 05, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »
Going through all of the shit we had to pack away and finding things I've been looking for is nice, but smelling the old home on our curtains, some clothing, etc. nearly brought me to tears yesterday.
I'm not necessarily upset that they still smell like that.
It's just the memories that come with those scents.
Smells bring back the strongest memories (for me at least)
Good and bad