Author Topic: BATB12  (Read 309922 times)

somefucker

Re: BATB12
« Reply #1290 on: August 25, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »
Also the pace of the videos is super slow now. The old one were like trick cut trick cut trick. Now they leave 4 seconds after each try it seems.

gotta provide good content stay within the Youtube monetization requirements

lucascbn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #1291 on: August 25, 2021, 11:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
So we get to watch a BONUS game with that crybaby nickelback lookin ass?  Best batb ever.
[close]

HAHA

ThePeoplesChamp

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1292 on: August 25, 2021, 02:01:01 PM »
Also the pace of the videos is super slow now. The old one were like trick cut trick cut trick. Now they leave 4 seconds after each try it seems.

Its because you don't get paid well from youtube unless your videos are at least 8 minutes long.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • old and in the way
« Reply #1293 on: August 25, 2021, 03:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
So we get to watch a BONUS game with that crybaby nickelback lookin ass?  Best batb ever.
[close]

<3<3<3

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -282
« Reply #1294 on: August 25, 2021, 05:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I knew this bloke reminded me of someone annoying.

chrisskates808

« Reply #1295 on: August 25, 2021, 05:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Shit is classic

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1296 on: August 25, 2021, 06:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its because you don't get paid well from youtube unless your videos are at least 8 minutes long.
Well THAT goes a long way in explaining why we still must endure the stupid rules each time.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #1297 on: August 25, 2021, 06:52:21 PM »
irl he would be holding a photo of himself

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1298 on: August 26, 2021, 12:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Shit is classic

needs cariuma A-

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 65
« Reply #1299 on: August 26, 2021, 04:02:16 AM »
I was today years old when i found out there are people making youtube videos seriously and with sincerity doing play by play style sports news videos about the happenings of the skateboard world...

Welcome to the internet, idiot.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1300 on: August 26, 2021, 04:13:59 AM »
I was today years old when i found out there are people making youtube videos seriously and with sincerity doing play by play style sports news videos about the happenings of the skateboard world...

Posting on slap disqualify anyone from saying someone else activity is dumb and a waste of time. Sorry I don’t make the rules
check my music

drcroc

« Reply #1301 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

gotta provide good content stay within the Youtube monetization requirements

This is a good explanation for why BATB isn't what it used to be. Milked for YT money and relevance.

Buttholesurfer

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1302 on: August 27, 2021, 12:10:14 AM »
Sean Davis, I don’t like the man he lost

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1303 on: August 27, 2021, 05:01:19 AM »
Man I opened up youtube and one of the first suggestions was a video (not even one posted in this thread) completely dedicated to ripping into this dude. At the risk of sounding like a sap, I think this is veering into some cyber bullying territory. Like it's some kinda kooky dude who had his first time getting a wide audience who probably had his ego boosted a little too much in his local scene. He came across a bit cocky and took it a little too seriously, but the way he's being attacked seems so disproportionate. It's a little beyond ego checking him now. Even the fact he's turned off comments. Dude's in his early 20s and probably having a massive anxiety attack about this.

Seems preachy I know, but he's a human, and his fuck ups were pretty minor in the big scheme of things going on in skating - let alone the world - at the moment. I dunno. Have some humanity. He rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the clip too, but after seeing the aftermath I feel bad for the guy. Must be having a real rough time right now.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -768
« Reply #1304 on: August 27, 2021, 05:34:32 AM »
Man I opened up youtube and one of the first suggestions was a video (not even one posted in this thread) completely dedicated to ripping into this dude. At the risk of sounding like a sap, I think this is veering into some cyber bullying territory. Like it's some kinda kooky dude who had his first time getting a wide audience who probably had his ego boosted a little too much in his local scene. He came across a bit cocky and took it a little too seriously, but the way he's being attacked seems so disproportionate. It's a little beyond ego checking him now. Even the fact he's turned off comments. Dude's in his early 20s and probably having a massive anxiety attack about this.

Seems preachy I know, but he's a human, and his fuck ups were pretty minor in the big scheme of things going on in skating - let alone the world - at the moment. I dunno. Have some humanity. He rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the clip too, but after seeing the aftermath I feel bad for the guy. Must be having a real rough time right now.

Yup
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 601
« Reply #1305 on: August 27, 2021, 05:47:08 AM »
Is it cyber bullying, or is it…
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

tura

« Reply #1306 on: August 27, 2021, 06:02:24 AM »

Fuck it. Let's dox the cunt.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #1307 on: August 27, 2021, 06:03:15 AM »
I'm generally sympathetic to conversations of bullying but I don't really buy that angle. If you're going to subject yourself to the public eye and behave like a jerk, it stands to reason that the public eye will react negatively to you. That's just common sense. Odds are since he's a Venice Park local this is probably the first time his ego has been checked so maybe he'll take it to heart, but the few videos I've seen "ripping on him" were fairly objective reactions and imo didn't step over any lines even if the honesty was harsh.

If people start doxxing/threatening him I'll change my mind, but unlike real cases of bullying, it's very hard for me to feel bad for this guy.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 601
« Reply #1308 on: August 27, 2021, 06:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fuck it. Let's dox the cunt.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

tura

« Reply #1309 on: August 27, 2021, 06:38:48 AM »
I'm generally sympathetic to conversations of bullying but I don't really buy that angle. If you're going to subject yourself to the public eye and behave like a jerk, it stands to reason that the public eye will react negatively to you. That's just common sense. Odds are since he's a Venice Park local this is probably the first time his ego has been checked so maybe he'll take it to heart, but the few videos I've seen "ripping on him" were fairly objective reactions and imo didn't step over any lines even if the honesty was harsh.

If people start doxxing/threatening him I'll change my mind, but unlike real cases of bullying, it's very hard for me to feel bad for this guy.

Yeah I don't think anyone's crossing any lines, and I accept that it's a risk you face putting yourself in the public eye. I just feel for him. He was hyped up and acted like a jackass, now there's actually a bunch of youtube clips ruthlessly slamming him and fixating on minor details, probably more exposure than he's ever had. He's a Joe. The amount of his self-worth that's probably getting broken down now will go far beyond that which he built up being a big fish. I just think between youtube channels and forums and comment sections, we could be collectively ruining a persons life.

I think what spurred on my little SJW moment there was seeing this thread directly above the Woodward thread after seeing unsolicited anti-Sean Davis clips suggested to me on youtube. Made me think about the scale of the hate. Not talking shit on Slap or anything. Just got me thinking about how I would have felt if I was in his shoes when I was 20 or whatever. I wasn't even particularly egotistical or sensitive, but it definitely would have fucked me up a little.

tl;dr
Don't think the time fits the crime with this cat

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #1310 on: August 27, 2021, 06:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I don't think anyone's crossing any lines, and I accept that it's a risk you face putting yourself in the public eye. I just feel for him. He was hyped up and acted like a jackass, now there's actually a bunch of youtube clips ruthlessly slamming him and fixating on minor details, probably more exposure than he's ever had. He's a Joe. The amount of his self-worth that's probably getting broken down now will go far beyond that which he built up being a big fish. I just think between youtube channels and forums and comment sections, we could be collectively ruining a persons life.

I think what spurred on my little SJW moment there was seeing this thread directly above the Woodward thread after seeing unsolicited anti-Sean Davis clips suggested to me on youtube. Made me think about the scale of the hate. Not talking shit on Slap or anything. Just got me thinking about how I would have felt if I was in his shoes when I was 20 or whatever. I wasn't even particularly egotistical or sensitive, but it definitely would have fucked me up a little.

tl;dr

Maybe, just maybe he will find his self worth and validation aren’t tied to social media and YouTube. This might be the dose of reality the youngster needs, because he was obviously lacking in the humility department.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #1311 on: August 27, 2021, 06:57:36 AM »
i feel like the responsibility of the filmer/editor of the match should also be considered.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #1312 on: August 27, 2021, 06:58:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

tl;dr

I don't think your assertion was totally unreasonable, I just don't think we're at that level yet. I think this dude will be fine and at worst this match will just become another index marker in the long list of kooky things associated with The Berrics.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1313 on: August 27, 2021, 07:05:06 AM »

IG: @flowterspace

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1314 on: August 27, 2021, 07:10:30 AM »
These influencers / Tiktok scarecrows need reality checks from time to time
More like consequences of being an attention whore rather than bullying
that's what you get

nickpaolucci

« Reply #1315 on: August 27, 2021, 07:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Shit is classic
[close]

needs cariuma A-

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #1316 on: August 27, 2021, 07:56:41 AM »
i feel like the responsibility of the filmer/editor of the match should also be considered.

That person definitely had their work cut out to try to make this Carumba representative look good, and not like a total asshole. Makes you wonder what they left out.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1317 on: August 27, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »
This should be nice
check my music

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #1318 on: August 27, 2021, 10:30:46 AM »
This should be nice

worst moustaches in the game holy shit, still like their skating tho.

Luan's got like 1500 different tricks and went with a fs360 as special trick (?) LOL

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1319 on: August 27, 2021, 10:39:21 AM »
These influencers / Tiktok scarecrows need reality checks from time to time
More like consequences of being an attention whore rather than bullying
that's what you get
+1^
You gonna be in the public eye, then be ready to have the public up yer azz.
I’ll dox him. Here watch: dude’s name is Sean, he comes across as a prick, looks like the Nickleback singer, and can be found hanging at the Venice skatepark selling Cumorama shoes.
I have a lot less sympathy for the dudes that choose to be on the wrong side of history; this goof is shilling for the Borrics, fer crying’ out loud.
Besides, he’ll probably be fine. Thanks to me doxxing his ass just now, the next time Company X, Y, or Z is looking to add a rider with the 27th “fastest feet in skateboarding,” they’ll know to head straight to Venice park where he’ll be bumming cigarette “shorts” of people & picking the lice from his beard.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?