Author Topic: Skate 3  (Read 268858 times)

svilleantigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Skate 3
« Reply #1590 on: July 10, 2011, 03:20:53 AM »

i think this one does a pretty damn good job of summing up the game's glitchy side.

JustHeshingAround

• Rep: -43
  • Lurk with me
    • Mostly Skating: A Blog By Jay avatar image
« Reply #1591 on: July 10, 2011, 12:51:05 PM »
This isn't mine, but it's really good, it's his first video, and he's already using special effects, it's also been getting alot of praise too
All Hail Gnardiel

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1592 on: July 13, 2011, 04:48:25 AM »
This isn't mine, but it's really good, it's his first video, and he's already using special effects, it's also been getting alot of praise too

+

that was pretty sick.. it looks like skate 3. was that skate 2?

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1593 on: July 13, 2011, 06:58:58 AM »
I really need the HD filmer pack

thugnificent

« Reply #1594 on: July 13, 2011, 08:28:13 AM »
you can skate the regs park in skate 3 if you have the art gallery dlc

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1595 on: July 13, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
+

that was pretty sick.. it looks like skate 3. was that skate 2?
It's skate 3, you can skate regz in that game with the san van party pak dlc

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

thugnificent

« Reply #1596 on: July 13, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »
i just said that nigga

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1597 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
HEY GUYS!! YOU CAN SK8 REGZ IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE ART GALLERY DLC!

LOL

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1598 on: July 13, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »
HEY GUYS!! YOU CAN SK8 REGZ IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE ART GALLERY DLC!

LOL

Thanks!

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1599 on: July 13, 2011, 05:54:30 PM »

That is just fucking crazy

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

BriDen

« Reply #1600 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
I made another RL skatepark remake, but this one doesn't actually exist yet. It's the Parkersburg Plaza that's being built in West Virginia. Here's a little promo vid for it

Xbox, skate.create DLC and art gallery DLC required. BOOKMARK LINK

And here's the drafts of the park, as it's being built right now: http://www.parkersburgskateplaza.org/home/the-first-drafts-of-the-plaza-are-here/

thugnificent

« Reply #1601 on: July 14, 2011, 06:01:25 PM »
park looks sick, when is the first part of the vid dropping?

BriDen

« Reply #1602 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »

Thanks man, and I haven't set a date yet, what with all the ea nation sketchiness and not wanting to exclude anyone. I actually just received one person's clips yesterday, but I've only got 4 parts left to edit and then it's done. I don't think anyone else is still trying to get clips, to me but if I'm wrong, let me know.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #1603 on: July 15, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

part i made

BriDen

« Reply #1604 on: July 15, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
All of your combo grinds are fuckin sick, you've got those glitchy back lip to back noseblunts down. Front feeble 180 over to fakie nosemanny, and the fakie back tail 270 out were my faves.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: July 16, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
thanks briden! parksersburg plaza looks tight, just need to figure how to download CAP's one of these days..

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #1606 on: July 16, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks man, and I haven't set a date yet, what with all the ea nation sketchiness and not wanting to exclude anyone. I actually just received one person's clips yesterday, but I've only got 4 parts left to edit and then it's done. I don't think anyone else is still trying to get clips, to me but if I'm wrong, let me know.

thanks for still including me! I'm not to happy about my camera angles, but I'm quite happy with the tricks I did

BriDen

« Reply #1607 on: July 16, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »
No prob man, I'm not about excluding people. Maybe one day I'll do an only High Res/no watermark video, but I don't want people to feel like they have to spend money to be included.

Also,

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1608 on: July 17, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »

I still like Skate 1 more than 2 and 3.
Sorry the visual and audio quality aren't top notch. I aint got no time to make this kinda stuff look more proper though.
@idealhandmades

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: July 18, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »
this is pretty cool, check it out http://likebuttermag.com/

bandini

« Reply #1610 on: July 18, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »

Heh, that site is too funny. The interviews especially are hilarious.

It's too bad most of the people who are hardcore into this game are more into the whole filming/editing aspect than getting creative with the tricks. I feel like there's so much of the hyper zoomed in cartoony thing, but not much in the way of interesting "skating."

Like, I think lots of the videos in this thread are way more interesting than most of the stuff that's featured on that site, which is all like, amazingly edited, but the tricks are mostly really basic.

bob

• Rep: -19
« Reply #1611 on: July 19, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Heh, that site is too funny. The interviews especially are hilarious.

It's too bad most of the people who are hardcore into this game are more into the whole filming/editing aspect than getting creative with the tricks. I feel like there's so much of the hyper zoomed in cartoony thing, but not much in the way of interesting "skating."

Like, I think lots of the videos in this thread are way more interesting than most of the stuff that's featured on that site, which is all like, amazingly edited, but the tricks are mostly really basic.

Agreed that site is a joke I bet none of those kids go outside.

Whatever happened to these guys? I remember getting excited when they dropped new videos.
http://www.youtube.com/EASkateTV

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1612 on: July 19, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
WHY DID THEY NOT DEVELOP THIS GAME SO THAT YOU COULD PUSH SWITCH AND STAY SWITCH  >:( >:(

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1613 on: July 20, 2011, 09:17:21 AM »
WHY DID THEY NOT DEVELOP THIS GAME SO THAT YOU COULD PUSH SWITCH AND STAY SWITCH  >:( >:(

I have contemplated the same thing, but came to the realization that the way it is, is actually better.

Hear me out.

If they made a default switch stance/push that didn't make you 180 trick first, there's no challenge in it. It would be basically like skating goofy like it is now but everything would look switch. I like the fact that to get into switch stance you have to set up for it, making it more challenging (like ss should be). Sure you can 180 hippy jump into switch stance, but that looks regular in lines. The only thing that kinda sucks is when you have a long roll up to something switch and you have to crouch to keep the switch stance, but this can be compensated by letting up slightly on the crouch but not all the way (takes some practice).

Anyways that's my 2 cents on the matter.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1614 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have contemplated the same thing, but came to the realization that the way it is, is actually better.

Hear me out.

If they made a default switch stance/push that didn't make you 180 trick first, there's no challenge in it. It would be basically like skating goofy like it is now but everything would look switch. I like the fact that to get into switch stance you have to set up for it, making it more challenging (like ss should be). Sure you can 180 hippy jump into switch stance, but that looks regular in lines. The only thing that kinda sucks is when you have a long roll up to something switch and you have to crouch to keep the switch stance, but this can be compensated by letting up slightly on the crouch but not all the way (takes some practice).

Anyways that's my 2 cents on the matter.

I think my rage obfuscated my point, my gripe was actually with the second thing you described (the having to crouch to stay switch after 180-ing or whatever). It just looks like shit and makes for awkward looking lines

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1615 on: July 20, 2011, 09:27:38 AM »
I agree. But you can kind of stand up by letting up on the joystick at the right spot, making it look like your standing but keeping switch stance, it just takes some messing with. But switch push is a different matter don't have an answer for that one.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #1616 on: July 20, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »
But what you're describing sounds kind of like if in real life you'd need to roll up to a switch trick by pushing regular while shifting your feet to switch stance and then standing like a stick because you can't keep balance and don't know how to push switch.

Personally I'd like my make-believe pro skater to be fluent in switch stance also, and I'd find it enough to have to just flick in the opposite direction.

In a way I can understand the skill aspect. One of my all time favorite games was the first Quake cause when you played it online you had to know all the flaws in the system so you could exploit them to do unnatural maneuvers. But in this case I feel this is just a flaw, and it doesn't add anything to my gaming experience.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1617 on: July 20, 2011, 09:32:43 PM »

BriDen

« Reply #1619 on: July 24, 2011, 10:55:06 PM »
New Park for Xbox, Street League Glendale stop.  Art Gallery and Skate.Create DLC required

IRL Overview

In Game Overview

DOWNLOAD LINK: HERE