Author Topic: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade  (Read 4444 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2022, 12:59:29 PM »
"blue lives matter" is not a thing in Scandinavia, so it's not a card. Shitty cookie cutter Twitter takes are not doing much to contribute either.

Ignore
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »
a non-american trying to derail a conversation on american politics....

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2022, 01:09:43 PM »

Don't matter. I see now that it's all just a fashion statement.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2022, 01:11:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It matters enough for you to give your scandinavian opinion nobody asked for tho

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2022, 01:25:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It matters enough for you to give your scandinavian opinion nobody asked for tho

You never used a forum?

Also, Poland hates abortions as well so the phenomenon is hardly US centric, so the topic is pretty talked about in Europe. However, I would not advocate for violence against some dude just patroling on his shift or whatever... Unless one thinks all police men are mega nazis which is plain ridiculous....

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2022, 01:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You never used a forum?

Also, Poland hates abortions as well so the phenomenon is hardly US centric, so the topic is pretty talked about in Europe. However, I would not advocate for violence against some dude just patroling on his shift or whatever... Unless one thinks all police men are mega nazis which is plain ridiculous....

Where in this thread has anyone said "all police men are mega nazis"?

Are you doing that thing where you argue against a strawman made up in your own head?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1412
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2022, 01:35:57 PM »
I cannot believe a motherfucker is defending police on a skateboarding forum.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2022, 01:44:21 PM »
Totally off-topic (except we're talking about cops) but if you have a chance and want to understand how police in LA function, please read this well-researched and deeply depressing series about the LA Sheriff's Department:

https://knock-la.com/tradition-of-violence-lasd-gang-history/
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2022, 01:49:44 PM »
Also who do you think is gonna carry out the enforcement of the overturning of roe v Wade, here's a hint, it's not gonna be the old ass justices on the supreme court. It's gonna be cops.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2022, 01:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Make sure to get out and vote!

[close]

Yes, throw rocks at working class...
[close]

Get the fuck outta here with this cops are working class blue lives matter bullshit
[close]

I'm not American, so that statement is non-applicable.

Sometimes it's like people never leave their house and get their takes from Twitter.
[close]

If you're going to use the "I'm not American" card regarding cops, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Get the fuck outta here with this cops are working class blue lives matter bullshit
[close]

Sometimes it's like people never leave their house and get their takes from Twitter.
[close]

It’s definitely applicable to you; regardless of where you live. There’s an armed wing of the state whose primary purpose to defend corporate property and vested class interests.

Also, it is dismissive, condescending, and ignorant to assume that the folks you are talking to ( @DaleSr @Landmine and @IusedToSkateMore and myself) are Wikipedia revolutionaries without an in-depth understanding of class dynamics or first hand experience in dealing with the machinations of the state. Not to mention flat out wrong.
[close]
Weren’t you a marine?
[close]

Aren't you LE or something similar?
My clients are mostly on probation but I’m in social work.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2022, 01:52:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If you're going to use the "I'm not American" card regarding cops, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s definitely applicable to you; regardless of where you live. There’s an armed wing of the state whose primary purpose to defend corporate property and vested class interests.

Also, it is dismissive, condescending, and ignorant to assume that the folks you are talking to ( @DaleSr @Landmine and @IusedToSkateMore and myself) are Wikipedia revolutionaries without an in-depth understanding of class dynamics or first hand experience in dealing with the machinations of the state. Not to mention flat out wrong.
[close]
Weren’t you a marine?
[close]

Aren't you LE or something similar?
[close]
My clients are mostly on probation but I’m in social work.

No doubt. I know some county probation SWers. Gnarly job
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2022, 02:40:59 PM »
Also who do you think is gonna carry out the enforcement of the overturning of roe v Wade, here's a hint, it's not gonna be the old ass justices on the supreme court. It's gonna be cops.
What do you mean enforcement? If it’s overturned that just means there’s not a a constitutional right to abortion. Certain states will ban it immediately, other states will be business as usual. There are already basically bans in some states and you don’t hear about people being hauled off or harassed by cops. If it gets overturned in the courts, then that’s terrible, but you’re acting like a bunch of cops are going to goose step into every clinic and take the providers to a death camp.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2022, 02:52:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What do you mean enforcement? If it’s overturned that just means there’s not a a constitutional right to abortion. Certain states will ban it immediately, other states will be business as usual. There are already basically bans in some states and you don’t hear about people being hauled off or harassed by cops. If it gets overturned in the courts, then that’s terrible, but you’re acting like a bunch of cops are going to goose step into every clinic and take the providers to a death camp.
I think @PuffinMuffin 's point about state investigated miscarriages is far from fantasy. Will it be the rank and file doing the checking? Perhaps not but maybe a detective (who came up through the rank and file)? And if this becomes SOP for states with anti-abortion laws, will it stay in the hands of an educated cop or will the necessity of the daily work load cause it land on another type of cop? The point stands and Texas already enacted laws offering bounties for reporting on the reproductive status of their neighbors. Seriously, none of this is that far-fetched.

The political ship in the US is being steered by facists who don't adhere to any kind of reason and can't articulate much of a platform other than outrage at someone else's rights. Where do you think a monster like that is likely to stop?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2022, 03:23:45 PM »
"blue lives matter" is not a thing in Scandinavia, so it's not a card. Shitty cookie cutter Twitter takes are not doing much to contribute either.
Not like your shitty ass outdated contrarian takes are going to help either. Good to know which kooks I should be ignoring on this forum going forward.

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2022, 03:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah cops aren't likely to march into PP and arrest all the staff, but who else would there *be* to enforce abortion restrictions?  If word about a clinic that will perform abortions on a nudge nudge wink wink agreement gets out then who will show up to investigate?  If an underground abortion service springs up then who will be busting down the doors and arresting "offenders"?  Who is enforcing abortion bans in states that currently restrict it?

The answer is cops whether it's rookies pulling up in their cruisers with the lights and sirens blaring or it's undercover sting operations by detectives and feds.

Landmine

« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2022, 03:41:03 PM »

Adding for good measure  ;)

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1170
  • old and in the way
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »

This 100% The possibility of police having even more opportunity / leverage to abuse women in crisis is terrifying.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:42:18 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2022, 04:53:50 PM »

I cannot believe a motherfucker is being a forum snitch on a skateboarding forum.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You never used a forum?

[close]

Where in this thread has anyone said "all police men are mega nazis"?

Are you doing that thing where you argue against a strawman made up in your own head?

Pretty much said by this point. Or will be soon.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2022, 04:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A woman in Texas tried to give herself an abortion last month and ended up in the hospital. She claimed she miscarried, but messed up and let hospital staff know that she was trying to abort. They called the police and guess what happened? Cops arrested her.

https://msmagazine.com/2022/04/09/woman-arrested-abortion-texas-mexico-murder-lizelle-herrera/

The good news is that people protested and the story blew up. She was first released on a half a million dollar bond (wtf) and eventually the DA dropped the charges. But again, who were the enforcers of the law that ultimately put her behind bars? Cops.

Edit: I just re-read the article and they were charging her with murder. This country is so fucked up.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2022, 07:09:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I cannot believe a motherfucker is being a forum snitch on a skateboarding forum.

Bro what

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2022, 07:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bro what

Yea huh?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2022, 07:39:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bro what
[close]

Yea huh?
Man snitching on himself as a misogynist
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -144
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2022, 08:32:03 PM »
fuck religion. ever since the pilgrims came here christianity nationalism has always sort of existed in a way to undermine the state and democracy. it places itself in a victimhood position while creating a sort of “other” mentality that it constantly places itself at conflict with. i dont understand how anyone can be a part of ANY organized religion in the 21st century. fuck amy coney barret.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2022, 08:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bro what
[close]

Yea huh?
[close]
Man snitching on himself as a misogynist

See you a lot in that one section.... Pointing fingers and telling, so to speak.

And no, I'm super pro individual rights/choice, because I grew up around educated, strong women.

But hey, since all you are so fucking holy and hard, go out there and do your part? Smash a cop, burn down a car. You have such high standards for regular people working a job, apply just half of them on yourself. Why stop at cops, kill accountants, them capitalism pigs!

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -144
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2022, 09:41:21 PM »

What scares me most is that I believe libertarianism's natural progression is into authoritarianism. A "free-market" in theory is great, but in reality it is terrifying. Life is not supposed to be a constant battle against other humans. We are not supposed to constantly worry about where our next meal is coming from or if we will have shelter tomorrow. The intense economic insecurity causes people to look for a "strong" leader to keep everything in line. 

Since I returned from living in Moscow for a bit, I've seen Russia as the GQP's dream future. Reliance on oil, hatred of academics, use of bureaucracy when they need to harm anyone outside of the in group but ignoring the laws when it benefits someone in group, repression inside of the country, but the power is based on superficial metrics rather than real metrics that matter (quality of life, life expectancy, housing, etc.).

Even Russia's army is the Carlson/Trump "masculine" wet dream. Carlson can boner up thinking the Russian army is full of Zangief from Street Fighter and Dolf from Rocky III clones, but it is a bunch of unorganized under supported kids. On Victory Day, Putin parades the army around like Russia is some significant military power. Victory Day in Moscow is fucking wild. Tanks roll through the streets for hours and hours, planes and helicopters fly around, soldiers march, and so on, but as we've seen in Ukraine their "power" is pretty weak (aside from the nukes), they are struggling to defeat a rather weak neighbor... the image was all bluster. Trump loved this shit and wanted to do the exact same thing.

We are fucked.

accelerationism my friend. its the only way at this point. great point about how natural progression of libertarianism is authoritarianism. they thought the end of history would be a libertarian democratic capitalism but realistically its going to end in theocratic facism. and we havent even gotten started on microplastics and climate change

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2022, 10:21:15 PM »
I’m going to get this thread back on track, but I have to clear some shit up first.

@iKobrakai

Was it the strong, educated women that helped make you into the cunning pick up artist you are today? Guess what… that’s a predatory, creepy, and misogynistic hobby to have.

Here’s the thing, and I’ll break it down so even you can understand it.

With an established track record of having incredibly problematic posts made in bad faith, you reek of misogynistic views. Either conscious or unconscious, it still presents as such. By interrupting your own ad hominem attacks with your opinions on marriage (that by the way no one fucking cares about), it shows a gross misunderstanding of the topic at hand. Taking a topic as serious as this and making it about yourself and your views is another example of what is deemed as passive misogyny. No one cares, about you, your opinions, or how things work on whatever country you live in. We’re talking about reproductive rights in America. End of story.

For everyone that didn’t seem to understand the picture; let’s think of it as an allegory: the brick symbolizes direct action and the cop car represents the state. Is that making sense?

***Direct action isn’t committing random acts of violence just so all are aware. It includes any and all acts made in good faith and solidarity to disrupt oppressive acts done by a governing or hierarchical organization***

To the shocked people that are possibly wondering how a combat veteran could possibly be against the institutions that wage war, I don’t know what to fucking tell you.

Also, idk what you think I do all day, but I do have a job. I work 70 hours a week cleaning portapotties. So I can vouch for my working class credentials.

Now, back to the topic at hand.
Spread this shit across the block.

If you’re going to protest be safe:

Here are some helpful links:

National Network of Abortion Funds-abortionfunds.org

Abortion Resource Kit – tinyurl.com/AbortionResourceKit

Abortion Pills Online – plancpills.org

Shout Your Abortion – shoutyourabortion.com
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2022, 10:38:33 PM »
To the shocked people that are possibly wondering how a combat veteran could possibly be against the institutions that wage war, I don’t know what to fucking tell you.

Isn't ther a stupid term like internalized *buzzword* to describe it?

Nice psycho analysis, Officer Holy, you're so much better than the rest of us. Ticked all the boxes for generic Western lefty.

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2022, 11:04:57 PM »
I’m going to get this thread back on track, but I have to clear some shit up first.

@iKobrakai

Was it the strong, educated women that helped make you into the cunning pick up artist you are today? Guess what… that’s a predatory, creepy, and misogynistic hobby to have.

Here’s the thing, and I’ll break it down so even you can understand it.

With an established track record of having incredibly problematic posts made in bad faith, you reek of misogynistic views. Either conscious or unconscious, it still presents as such. By interrupting your own ad hominem attacks with your opinions on marriage (that by the way no one fucking cares about), it shows a gross misunderstanding of the topic at hand. Taking a topic as serious as this and making it about yourself and your views is another example of what is deemed as passive misogyny. No one cares, about you, your opinions, or how things work on whatever country you live in. We’re talking about reproductive rights in America. End of story.

For everyone that didn’t seem to understand the picture; let’s think of it as an allegory: the brick symbolizes direct action and the cop car represents the state. Is that making sense?

***Direct action isn’t committing random acts of violence just so all are aware. It includes any and all acts made in good faith and solidarity to disrupt oppressive acts done by a governing or hierarchical organization***

Also, idk what you think I do all day, but I do have a job. I work 70 hours a week cleaning portapotties. So I can vouch for my working class credentials.

Now, back to the topic at hand.
Spread this shit across the block.

If you’re going to protest be safe:

Here are some helpful links:

National Network of Abortion Funds-abortionfunds.org

Abortion Resource Kit – tinyurl.com/AbortionResourceKit

Abortion Pills Online – plancpills.org

Shout Your Abortion – shoutyourabortion.com

To add to Freelancevagrant's post if anyone is heading out to protest:

The part about digital security is something I think everyone in general should pay attention to - case law is still unclear on this issue, but often authorities will try to access digital devices without consent and AFAIK they can do it with biometrics like facial recognition and/or fingerprint (especially if one isn't conscious) however disclosing a password or passcode requires disclosing information that only the owner of the device knows and could possibly incriminate the owner.

So, TL;DR - Use an alphanumeric password, not facial recognition or fingerprint, to unlock your digital device.

Of course this is, like the issue of abortion legality, dependent upon which state/territory one is in.

Since we tend to find ourselves in downtown/urban areas if we aren't participating in protests, it's good knowledge to have and put into practice.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:24:44 AM by SaySo »
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2022, 01:17:14 AM »
Pointing the finger at RBG is a weird take to be honest

It’s the correct take, to be honest.

The weird take is defending cops.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Landmine

« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2022, 08:55:37 AM »
Another note, leave your phones at home!  Don't bring your connected devices to any protest.

If you absolutely must bring your phone, turn off any biometric scanning and use a 6-8 digit passcode instead.  Police can force you to unlock your device with FaceID or TouchID or similar, but can't force you to enter a passcode.  And put it in airplane mode.

Don't film people.  Just don't do it.  I know we wanna share things with our friends or capture rad shit on camera, but don't.  Not at a protest.  People that post videos with faces or other clearly identifiable features are just doing the cops work for them. 

Wear a mask.  Not only does it keep you safe from COVID, if you happen to walk by a window as it gets smashed and some idiot records it, you're less likely to be identified.  No face no case ;)