Author Topic: have you guys watched a scooter edit lately  (Read 2591 times)

lesghettah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -15
Re: have you guys watched a scooter edit lately
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2022, 12:26:15 PM »
The scooter kids in Montreal film with vx and wear big boys and dunks, I saw these kids skating the double set that Dylan did the ollie up then impossible up and they were like throwing their scooters and yelling when they could land the spinning thing they do down the stairs. To each their own I suppose but why not just skate at that point?

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2022, 12:32:51 PM »

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2022, 02:36:46 PM »

Get hungry on it!

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2022, 10:34:06 PM »
I try to be friendly with all the locals at the park. Scoot boys included. 2 of them helped me sweep up all the glass for hours the other weekend so they deserve some respect at least. Offered them a beer but they said they didn't drink. I hear them talk about ridiculous scooter tricks though like apparently some guy backflipped el toro? Just looked it up and it looks hilarious. Seems like a very limited sport with what they can do though. Barspins, tailwhips and flip variations. BMX grinds even look way cooler. The fake pose steez on the first video is heinous though. Kinda hard to have any style when your hands are holding on to something though like someone else already stated, which further proves it's almost all in the arms. Not all but maybe a good 60-75% is how people hold their arms and torso while skateboarding. Can't have that when all squared up holding on to something for dear life.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2022, 11:08:57 PM »
I try to be friendly with all the locals at the park. Scoot boys included. 2 of them helped me sweep up all the glass for hours the other weekend so they deserve some respect at least. Offered them a beer but they said they didn't drink. I hear them talk about ridiculous scooter tricks though like apparently some guy backflipped el toro? Just looked it up and it looks hilarious. Seems like a very limited sport with what they can do though. Barspins, tailwhips and flip variations. BMX grinds even look way cooler. The fake pose steez on the first video is heinous though. Kinda hard to have any style when your hands are holding on to something though like someone else already stated, which further proves it's almost all in the arms. Not all but maybe a good 60-75% is how people hold their arms and torso while skateboarding. Can't have that when all squared up holding on to something for dear life.
I think they might actually have us on trick variations because there's so many scooter flips that bend all weird because their thing has a hinge in the middle. Don't think they have as many inverts but I've seen handplants and eggplants. And yeah there's definatly some good scooterers out there, they usually know their thing is kinda silly so have a decent sense of humour, get even more annoyed at scooter kids because it reflects badly on them and they've done more work at a few DIY spots than 99% of skaters around here.

rukes

• Rep: 218
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2022, 02:29:20 AM »
Alot of the tricks in that video were done so slow, making it all look even worse
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2022, 03:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think they might actually have us on trick variations because there's so many scooter flips that bend all weird because their thing has a hinge in the middle. Don't think they have as many inverts but I've seen handplants and eggplants. And yeah there's definatly some good scooterers out there, they usually know their thing is kinda silly so have a decent sense of humour, get even more annoyed at scooter kids because it reflects badly on them and they've done more work at a few DIY spots than 99% of skaters around here.

Yeah, I saw a kid do some kind of inverted tailwhip thing yesterday and thought it looked kind of cool all things considered. Like his scooter did sort of a diagonal backflip-looking thing around him. At least he was trying to go fast and did it pretty big over the steep pyramid hip at our crusty 26-year-old park. He was the only one going hard that night too while the rest of us were just bullshitting and doing safe basic things.

I just figured with all the flip tricks possible on a skateboard, plus switch stance and nose/tail/noseblunt/blunts etc we had them beat but I dunno you raise a fair point. I guess you can go fakie on a scooter but switch isn't a thing right?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2022, 05:45:28 AM »
No but I watched this, hilarious. The one thing they can’t copy from us is focusing the board/scooter, or can they?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2022, 05:47:50 AM »
I’m quite disappointed in SLAP that this hasn’t evolved into a ‘Have you ever… ?’ Thread.

Have you ever injected wasabi into your peehole?

Have you ever swabbed your eyes with lemon juice?

Have you ever footbraked with bare feet?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2022, 06:49:39 AM »
There was a hilarious clip posted on Slap around 5 or 10 years ago that I can no longer find (kinda like the Arne Stein white whale Dylan vid) but this kid that looked like Frodo was doing all kinds of steezed out no comply skooter tricks at a skatepark. Some of the funniest shit I've seen on here...

Up there with the Sporthocker clip which I still don't know if it's satire
Hahah what the fuck

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2022, 07:19:16 AM »
the fake steeze on the rollaways is absolutely killing me

Best parts of the vid!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 09:22:43 AM by Xen »

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2022, 09:14:42 AM »

Damn I forgot all about those scooter kids getting owned montages

Sad I can't find the video you shown at the end of the video you posted

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1014
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2022, 09:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
the fake steeze on the rollaways is absolutely killing me

[close]

Best parts of the vid!

I finished the vid, the fake steeze is almost like he's hunched over in perpetual sadness and in total defeat at life.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2022, 06:41:27 PM »
Where the fuck is Sluggo to represent skateboarders on this one:

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2022, 07:46:11 AM »
Where the fuck is Sluggo to represent skateboarders on this one:

lol filmed in vertical!!!

not sure how any one can say that matt hoffman pro bmx or that scooter game that you couldnt even name had even 1/10000th the effect on pop culture that the THPS games did in the early 2000s. i talk to people at my job all the time who know THPS and the soundtrack all ages.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2022, 09:35:21 AM »
i guess the hunch back roll away is like their dylan arms

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2022, 11:12:13 AM »
(thrasher skate and destroy is a mcuh better game and came out within months of THPS 1)

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2022, 11:25:15 AM »
I live in the northwest, where extreme scooting got its start back in the early aughts. Three or four years ago, the park was absolutely packed with scooter kids - by which I mean kids with expensive trick scooters, baggy pants, vape pens, etc. Like it was easily half of the people at the park at any time. I see random stray scooter riders and little kids with an old Razor, but the big packs of kids have vanished. For this reason, it’s my observation that the trend seems to be dying off for the moment.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2022, 11:38:00 AM »
I live in the northwest, where extreme scooting got its start back in the early aughts. Three or four years ago, the park was absolutely packed with scooter kids - by which I mean kids with expensive trick scooters, baggy pants, vape pens, etc. Like it was easily half of the people at the park at any time. I see random stray scooter riders and little kids with an old Razor, but the big packs of kids have vanished. For this reason, it’s my observation that the trend seems to be dying off for the moment.
It may have started there but I'm 100% claiming western Sydney is the scooter capital of the world. No exaggeration saying there can be hundreds of scooter riders at a park in a day from little kids with Kmart scooters all the way to pro adults with thousand dollar set ups. Every time I think it might be dying off it just comes back again. Scooters are like the cane toad, sure thousands die every year but they repopulate much faster than snakes and lizards (skateboards and bmx) and eventually drive them out of their habitats.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2022, 11:40:30 AM »
someday, some kid is going to tell his children about how he met their mother at a scoot competition

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2022, 11:48:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It may have started there but I'm 100% claiming western Sydney is the scooter capital of the world. No exaggeration saying there can be hundreds of scooter riders at a park in a day from little kids with Kmart scooters all the way to pro adults with thousand dollar set ups. Every time I think it might be dying off it just comes back again. Scooters are like the cane toad, sure thousands die every year but they repopulate much faster than snakes and lizards (skateboards and bmx) and eventually drive them out of their habitats.

Well isn’t Australia always behind the trends a bit? I don’t know if that’s still the case with the rate at which things spread via the internet, but maybe it’s going to die off there in a few more years.

It’s certainly possible that a dip in the sport’s popularity could occur before it rises like a phoenix - as skateboarding did - but I think it’s going the way of the rollerblade or the BMX bike. As in, another also-ran extreme sport, hanging on but without the cultural presence it had before or was promised to have by its backers.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2022, 11:59:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Well isn’t Australia always behind the trends a bit? I don’t know if that’s still the case with the rate at which things spread via the internet, but maybe it’s going to die off there in a few more years.

It’s certainly possible that a dip in the sport’s popularity could occur before it rises like a phoenix - as skateboarding did - but I think it’s going the way of the rollerblade or the BMX bike. As in, another also-ran extreme sport, hanging on but without the cultural presence it had before or was promised to have by its backers.
Lol sometimes yes sometimes way before the trends. Scooters been booming since like 01 tho. I think it's actually more like it's just reached saturation point and can't die off. Scooters are also one of those things that's in literally every houses garage or back shed and there's even parents who will ride their scooters with their kids and shit. It's just like part of life now like mobile phones or something you see heaps of kids in the morning riding scooters to school. Maybe there will be some kind of scoliosis epidemic and that will kill off the scooter.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait what? 1000 dollar set ups?  :o
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2022, 02:07:59 PM »
scooters get bitches

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2022, 09:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

wait what? 1000 dollar set ups?  :o
Thousand dollars Aus. Maybe still exaggerating but real fukn expensive.
scooters get bitches
Not untrue (altho not how I'd word it). Most normys can't really tell the difference between skating and scootin' and those guys do backflips and quad whippers and shit

Ghost Face

• Rep: 110
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2022, 03:23:58 AM »
There was a hilarious clip posted on Slap around 5 or 10 years ago that I can no longer find (kinda like the Arne Stein white whale Dylan vid) but this kid that looked like Frodo was doing all kinds of steezed out no comply skooter tricks at a skatepark. Some of the funniest shit I've seen on here...

Up there with the Sporthocker clip which I still don't know if it's satire

This is like full body kendama
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2022, 09:47:20 AM »
i was kind of curious to see what the state of scooting was like these days and came across this, so much is straight up bit from strobeck/modern skate videos, also the 2nd part with the end it song is genuinely funny, it's impossible to look cool scooting but these guys sure try

this is revelatory
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2022, 08:20:32 AM »
in my area scooters are really dying. there is a crew of like 3-4 guys that are "sponsored" (i think they just get free t shirts, and they are all exactly the same shirt... every guy in the crew had the same one)

local skate park owner had a shop and he sold scooters in there and he said awhile ago they were selling really well and it has really dropped off the last few years and he has a bunch of like $300 - $500 scooters he is just sitting on which is keeping him from being able to buy FA / Hockey boards.