Author Topic: Skating related evolutionary benefits  (Read 2067 times)

Roisto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Re: Skating related evolutionary benefits
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2022, 03:35:06 AM »
Sorry to break it to you guys but none of these things listed are evolutionary. Your kids will suck just the same as anyone else’s unless they learn these from you or someone else.

With that said, one thing you do get from skateboarding IMO is the ability to deal with shame. You either get really good so you don’t have to be ashamed or you try to hide and skate alone or then you just own up to your lack of skill and be ashamed but don’t let it bother you too much or you become a clown or an asshole or reach the ultimate goal in being fine with who you are and what you can do and understand that you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2022, 03:55:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Made me really good at giving the FINGER to authority!
[close]

U bad boi!

[close]

How can someone with such amazing natural features create strong strong feelings of disgust? I'm amazed at how well she fits the stereotype of someone from just off the 401 in the middle of no where Ontario. Very strong Oshawa vibes coming from her.

Lol I lived in Oshawa as a very young kid...

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
Avril Lavigne really did change the perception of skaters overnight.

We owe her a debt of gratitude.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

U bad boi!

[close]

How can someone with such amazing natural features create strong strong feelings of disgust? I'm amazed at how well she fits the stereotype of someone from just off the 401 in the middle of no where Ontario. Very strong Oshawa vibes coming from her.

Why do you feel strong disgust at Avril Lavigne?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

EllingtonBigspin

• Rep: -19
  • Hipster Holocaust
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2022, 05:35:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

U bad boi!

[close]

[close]

I want to bang avril Lavigne, bend her over the ledge at the skatepark
Pavement Pirate on the Outskirts of Life Hopping Over Fences and violating Public Property

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2022, 02:07:51 PM »
I literally can not roll either of my ankles severely anymore. There’s so much scar tissue on both ankles from the countless ankle sprains, torn ligaments and cartilage from around 1994 to 1998 that when I do roll my ankles it hardly swells, then it will feel stiff for a couple of days and then they feel fine. Only downside is the range of movement I’ve lost in both ankles. It’s completely ruined any sort of flick I might have had on switch, fakie, nollie and regular flip tricks long ago.
//////////

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2022, 02:13:51 PM »
yea but will your pass on your fucked up ankles to your offspring? sk9ers on lamarckism

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2022, 02:22:55 PM »
yea but will your pass on your fucked up ankles to your offspring? sk9ers on lamarckism

In before someone says epigenetics

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2022, 02:47:14 PM »
This isn’t evolutionary but I’ve gained a lot of cultural, geographical and architectural knowledge from skateboarding. Years of looking at magazines, videos, reading and watching interviews. I know about cities or landmarks I’ve never actually been to. Names of streets, schools, buildings. I can watch tv or a movie and usually recognize the city just from the architecture or scenery. The first time I went to SF it was pretty magical. I remember exploring and ended up seeing all of the famous spots and it just felt like I’d been there before. I didn’t need to use a GPS or a map to get around for the most part.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »
Above average Spacial relation in regular day-to-day life. Weaving through crowds without touching anyone for example, or seeing when a car accident is gonna happen before it all unfolds.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2022, 04:50:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

U bad boi!

[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn’t Adrian Lopez hit that shit???
//////////

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2022, 11:07:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

U bad boi!

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn’t Adrian Lopez hit that shit???

Ragdoll did, mentioned it in a free lunch interview. Trujillo had the opportunity to and declined, mentioned in a skateboarder article. Lopez I don’t know, pretty sure she rocked his circa shoes though. Just hope everyone is living their best life.

Also lurper, I’m surprised that you’re surprised about her whole deal because that was her thing as far back as 2003. But maybe you’re just finding that out now ionno no judgment.

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2022, 02:01:46 AM »
Yeah spacial awareness is a huge one. Notice it while driving a lot, how I can judge the width of my vehicle whereas others think they are driving some kind of tank or bus... another one is the ability to jump off worktops, counters and ladders without needing a footstall.. the amount of times I have someone telling me to HOLD ON LET ME GET YOU SOMETHING TO STEP DOWN ONTO... bruh this is like a 4 set. 

Not being embarrassed to try things and fail, that's basically skateboarding 90% of the time.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2022, 05:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

U bad boi!

It was Christmas morning 2022 when, for the first time, I finally saw the video for "Sk8er Boi".
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021