Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798806 times)

daditude adjustment and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3810 on: December 20, 2021, 11:02:46 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 93
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3811 on: December 22, 2021, 12:12:05 PM »

Lost Art advertising the new Tom Knox colourway with some footage from the man himself (and Charlie Birch for good measure)

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3812 on: December 22, 2021, 07:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to return my 1010’s bc (to me) they ran small (aka sized like a dunk so take that as you will). Was bummed. I may try the half size up but dang I may just wait for the 808’s! Any idea when those come out?
[close]

808's won't be until July (shipping delays notwithstanding) so you should for sure grab like 300 pairs of 1010's now until then...
[close]

Please tell me they aren’t phasing out the 1010

808s are a cool second option but the 1010s are classic IMO. They deserve an 533-esque run
[close]

Pretty sure it's all but confirmed that the 1010 isn't going anywhere. Tiago haas a new shoe coming in 2022 but they're still going to produce the 1010, it's been very popular.
In one of the links posted a page back, i saw the 1010 is now called "1010 v1" so I'm assuming 1010 v1 and 1010 v2 will both be available sometime next year.
Today it was confirmed to me that the 808 is indeed the new Tiago pro model, but the 1010 is sticking around. Also saw some more pictures of the 808 and it looks even better than the pics above, in terms of the silhouette and the shape of the toe. I'm pretty sure it's going to be my new fav skate shoe.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3814 on: December 23, 2021, 08:03:02 AM »
They sort of remind me of these but with out the sick clear sole.

Those ellingtons skated kinda good from what i remember and was one of the more durabable supras at the time!#

Back to the topic of the tiagos- Jeck Curtin had an in hand pic of those on his insta few days back and they look even better in those!

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #3815 on: December 23, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »

Those ellingtons skated kinda good from what i remember and was one of the more durabable supras at the time!#

Back to the topic of the tiagos- Jeck Curtin had an in hand pic of those on his insta few days back and they look even better in those!

Honestly comparing the tiagos to the Ellington’s is pretty weird, the sole is kinda similar, but I remember correctly the Ellington was a one piece toe and a much more slim fitting shoe than the Tiago, but yea I’d like to see a better pic of his new one, the one above is pretty blurry
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #3816 on: December 24, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had to return my 1010’s bc (to me) they ran small (aka sized like a dunk so take that as you will). Was bummed. I may try the half size up but dang I may just wait for the 808’s! Any idea when those come out?
[close]

808's won't be until July (shipping delays notwithstanding) so you should for sure grab like 300 pairs of 1010's now until then...
[close]

Please tell me they aren’t phasing out the 1010

808s are a cool second option but the 1010s are classic IMO. They deserve an 533-esque run
[close]

Pretty sure it's all but confirmed that the 1010 isn't going anywhere. Tiago haas a new shoe coming in 2022 but they're still going to produce the 1010, it's been very popular.
In one of the links posted a page back, i saw the 1010 is now called "1010 v1" so I'm assuming 1010 v1 and 1010 v2 will both be available sometime next year.

1010 isn't going anywhere, Tiago will have 2 models in the market at the same time. All original product models are "v1", but there are no plans for a 1010v2 at the moment. 1010v1 is just getting its legs and it'll continue to grow as long as the Slap Pals continue to spread the word!
Get litty.....

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3817 on: December 24, 2021, 08:49:47 PM »
Just got my 1st out of 1010’s. Really stoked! Super comfy and can’t wait to break them in. Also, first cupsole in a few years. Hoping I like them.

Can anyone that’s skated/skates the 1010’s tell me anything to look out for? Are there things that happen while first skating they that I may not like, but it will get better?

Trying to give these a fair shot. I really want these to be my new shoe I have multiple pairs in a row of. They’re so comfortable, I’m hoping they work out

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #3818 on: December 24, 2021, 09:26:18 PM »
i don’t like skating the 1010s, it just feels like too much shoe to me, but they’re my current go-to shoe for just wearing because they’re so comfortable. so even if they don’t work for you skating-wise they make for a great chiller.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3819 on: December 25, 2021, 05:17:38 AM »
Just got my 1st out of 1010’s. Really stoked! Super comfy and can’t wait to break them in. Also, first cupsole in a few years. Hoping I like them.

Can anyone that’s skated/skates the 1010’s tell me anything to look out for? Are there things that happen while first skating they that I may not like, but it will get better?

Trying to give these a fair shot. I really want these to be my new shoe I have multiple pairs in a row of. They’re so comfortable, I’m hoping they work out

they take a while to break in for sure. some pals have heel slip issue- i mostly felt like i hat that issue on the white leather/ gum sole pair but once broken in it went away!
Suede should break in faster. they fit low above my toes/ hight of the shoes in the toe is not much and might give a lil pressure point but goes away. Maybe thinner socks would help. Since you said they are comfy already i wouldn`t guess that's an issue for you!

Just take time breaking them in.

Oh one thing: i superglue the seams around the toe since i kickflip further up around there!

you should have fun with those!

By the way :are there any more pics of the new tiago model?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #3820 on: December 25, 2021, 06:30:25 AM »

The first pair I had, I knew then, that this would be my shoe, great flick us one thing I noticed right at the bat, but yea great shoe man, welcome to the fold lol
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #3821 on: December 25, 2021, 07:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The first pair I had, I knew then, that this would be my shoe, great flick us one thing I noticed right at the bat, but yea great shoe man, welcome to the fold lol

My all suedes are the best shoe I can remember. Loose in the heel, I have narrow heels (which is something that’s always directed me towards Nike), so I use the ‘jogger loop’, and that helps.
Blah blah. Great shoe. Flick, comfort, and durability are highlights.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #3822 on: December 26, 2021, 07:16:38 AM »

oh fuck

Just got these from my local, gotta be some of the nicest shoes I’ve ever had on my feet , all the fabrics materials feel so damn quality. Please keep making this show NB numeric , I just got my first pair !

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3823 on: December 30, 2021, 05:34:50 AM »
How’s the comfort on 272s? Vans vulcs were giving me back pain so I went to 1010s and Bruin Reacts but after the ads I was thinking that maybe NB could make a vulc that wasn’t so harsh on the old joints…
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #3824 on: December 30, 2021, 07:00:09 AM »
How’s the comfort on 272s? Vans vulcs were giving me back pain so I went to 1010s and Bruin Reacts but after the ads I was thinking that maybe NB could make a vulc that wasn’t so harsh on the old joints…

In my experience a vulc is a vulc in this regard. I actually think the NBs are a bit less forgiving than Vans due to the denser sole/tread design in the heel area (at least on my 306s). I have FPs in my 306s now and seems like a sweet spot but definitely not as comfortable as a cup.

EDIT: Looks like the 272 has a new sole design vs. the 306. I may just have to try a pair...
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

WideFeet

« Reply #3825 on: December 30, 2021, 07:31:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In my experience a vulc is a vulc in this regard. I actually think the NBs are a bit less forgiving than Vans due to the denser sole/tread design in the heel area (at least on my 306s). I have FPs in my 306s now and seems like a sweet spot but definitely not as comfortable as a cup.

EDIT: Looks like the 272 has a new sole design vs. the 306. I may just have to try a pair...

Insoles are nothing to write home about on the 272’s.

They stopped making the 379’s, but if you can find some online somewhere, I definitely would recommend them. Good insole, and a little thinker sole than the 306’s. One of my all time favorite shoes. RIP

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3826 on: December 30, 2021, 09:18:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They stopped making the 379’s, but if you can find some online somewhere, I definitely would recommend them. Good insole, and a little thinker sole than the 306’s. One of my all time favorite shoes. RIP
im pretty sure the 306 and 379 had the same thickness of insole

WideFeet

« Reply #3827 on: January 01, 2022, 07:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
im pretty sure the 306 and 379 had the same thickness of insole

Yes, same insole, but I think the outsole is different. Same thread pattern, but the 306’s feel a lot thinner

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #3828 on: January 02, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »
I love the 379 but still can’t ride them cause they give me the same back issues any other vulc does. Wish now I spent less time on Vans and more on NBs when I was wearing vulcs.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

WideFeet

« Reply #3829 on: January 02, 2022, 05:49:02 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but had my first little session today skating the 1010’s. Took a couple minutes to get the feel for them, as I’m used to Vulc shoes and the board feel they provide. I only skated flatground, but they’re feeling great! Really stoked on these.

I took out the Ortholite insole that came stock, and threw in an Abzorb insole that came with some 379’s I had previously skated, and they feel way better. Much more supportive.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3830 on: January 02, 2022, 08:53:33 PM »
Are the new Tom Knox’s winterized?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 95
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #3831 on: January 03, 2022, 06:38:01 AM »

Nah, the high and low are constructed the same as other 440s. Only thing that could be considered winterized on them is the leather. Been wearing the lows out in the rain the past couple weeks and they've been holding up pretty well, but my feet still get pretty cold in them.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3832 on: January 03, 2022, 08:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, the high and low are constructed the same as other 440s. Only thing that could be considered winterized on them is the leather. Been wearing the lows out in the rain the past couple weeks and they've been holding up pretty well, but my feet still get pretty cold in them.

Word, I could’ve swore I remembered reading that the first two colorways he had were. You just saved me some $$$.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3833 on: January 03, 2022, 12:07:17 PM »

This is something new I guess

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #3834 on: January 03, 2022, 03:52:33 PM »

Oh hell yeah, I love this colorway. I wish they made more shoes in all black with white contrast stitching. Anyone know when these drop?

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
« Reply #3835 on: January 03, 2022, 03:55:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh hell yeah, I love this colorway. I wish they made more shoes in all black with white contrast stitching. Anyone know when these drop?
Coming soon actually, those should be in stock Mid-Jan depending on any further port delays. 

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #3836 on: January 04, 2022, 10:08:52 AM »
Not that anyone cares, but had my first little session today skating the 1010’s. Took a couple minutes to get the feel for them, as I’m used to Vulc shoes and the board feel they provide. I only skated flatground, but they’re feeling great! Really stoked on these.

I took out the Ortholite insole that came stock, and threw in an Abzorb insole that came with some 379’s I had previously skated, and they feel way better. Much more supportive.

I care. I love the 1010s for comfort, haven’t skated them yet though. Looking forward to doing so soon. Right now I’m skating 440s that I was previously bitching about how I couldn’t get used to them. I pushed through that and now I’m digging them. They aren’t nearly as comfortable as 1010s though.

Kinda nervous about a $100 shoe being my go to skate shoes, but it’s not really much different than skating $85 shoes that I’ve skated multiple pairs of. Everyone says the 1010 is crazy durable too, so that will be nice.

Glad you’re digging them.

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3837 on: January 04, 2022, 10:58:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I lifted the image from my local New Balance site, so they look to be out in Europe.

There was a clean black/white 440 low too…

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3838 on: January 04, 2022, 01:10:15 PM »
When is the bronze collab coming out?

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #3839 on: January 04, 2022, 05:05:23 PM »
When is the bronze collab coming out?

I think that collab got canned before the ad went to print in Thrasher??? They were already manufactured too I believe.
Any info Roth?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]