Author Topic: Car wash kid from texas  (Read 10319 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Re: Car wash kid from texas
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2021, 04:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
wait so that one LA spot from all the vidsi watched growing up with the banks all down the blocks arent the same as the carwash?, some were like half size so like waist high and waxed, people did pivot fakie grinds into the sunse, others were clearly taller banks (beleive Huf fs ollied some bugged out channel bank to bank gap there olderhead pals lmk). i just assumed that was all the same spot and that it was like a city block, each side the banks were different.

to me its crazy like.

free max b
[close]

The Huf one (last trick in Real to Reel?) is downtown LA - I think at or by a 76 station.  This is in West Hollywood at Sunset and Fairfax or like a block or so away from Fairfax

the 76 station has been gone for like 15 years. the downtown car wash spot was last skateable around 2015-16. they've put walls in front of the banks now.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2021, 09:22:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
wait so that one LA spot from all the vidsi watched growing up with the banks all down the blocks arent the same as the carwash?, some were like half size so like waist high and waxed, people did pivot fakie grinds into the sunse, others were clearly taller banks (beleive Huf fs ollied some bugged out channel bank to bank gap there olderhead pals lmk). i just assumed that was all the same spot and that it was like a city block, each side the banks were different.

to me its crazy like.

free max b
[close]

The Huf one (last trick in Real to Reel?) is downtown LA - I think at or by a 76 station.  This is in West Hollywood at Sunset and Fairfax or like a block or so away from Fairfax
[close]

the 76 station has been gone for like 15 years. the downtown car wash spot was last skateable around 2015-16. they've put walls in front of the banks now.

Was that 76 station across the street from the Staples Center or pretty close to it?

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2021, 09:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

to me its crazy like.

free max b
[close]

[close]

[close]

Was that 76 station across the street from the Staples Center or pretty close to it?

Yup, just a bit north on Olympic, though I'm more familiar with the carwash. I think it still says Downtown Carwash even though it's boarded up. I'm gonna look up the history of those two carwashes. Interesting design with the same banked walls around the perimeter.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2021, 10:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

to me its crazy like.

free max b
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yup, just a bit north on Olympic, though I'm more familiar with the carwash. I think it still says Downtown Carwash even though it's boarded up. I'm gonna look up the history of those two carwashes. Interesting design with the same banked walls around the perimeter.

It’s a bummer that murals off that Sunset one.  Don’t know what the appear of a big painted grey slab is

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2021, 05:23:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The gnarly thing about Greco is he didn't go straight down, he landed at a slight angle and had to carve a bit.

That's hard as (painted) nails.

Also thanks to pointing out there is another car wash with banks quite similar. I guess LA Conservancy doesn't know about that one.

I looked it up on Street View and the bank The Muska skates now has skatestoppers, but mounted vertical instead of horizontal, so you can still do tricks between them or over them.

Edit: well you would need a small board.

Edit 2: what 128 kb maximum size for images? Is this 1994 and are we on Gophernet?? No offense to the mods you're doing a great job, just surprised.
[close]

I pulled the sequence out of storage and scanned

[close]

Greco is as hard as nails.

I don't care about back 3s into it.

This is way gnarlier, the way he did it.
[close]

This^ is a classic Slap comment. Only here could someone decide a backside 360 is easier than a straight ollie.
[close]

I never said it was harder

It's just better

There's a difference. Life isn't one big SLS game or whatever horse shit you think skateboarding is.
[close]

Having a bad day?  ;D

That was harsh buddy

Sorry
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mushroom slice

« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
The equivalent to buying a pair of half cabs and cutting them down to low tops or maybe even down to flip flops.