Author Topic: Reynolds washed Moose’s clip?  (Read 7681 times)

friendly dave and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blind Fisherman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
Re: Reynolds washed Moose’s clip?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2024, 09:13:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Also moose’s fs half cab clip was objectively fine but somehow looked like shit, that’s probably why they didn’t use it.
[close]
to be fair, this describes basically everything moose did on a skateboard, so i can see where the confusion arises
It's the floppy, "not sure where my legs are" style that negates any of his abilities for me. He's objectively very good; just looks like a combination of some of the worst "style aspects" of skateboarding.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2024, 09:41:10 AM »
Nobody warned Moose that Reynolds already did it? They all hangout together you’d think somebody would have given him a heads up to not waste his time.

I liked Moose’s skating, he was surprisingly good in BATB but dude comes across as kind of stupid and very bitter.

work_lurker

• Rep: 91
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2024, 10:17:48 AM »
Your opinion is based on belief only, you operate from a lie in your comment. You can not even speak using your own name, like ever other coward. What did you do here? Whine.

Is an anagram of your real name the same as using your real name? Sherogn?
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2024, 01:36:40 PM »
Reynolds>Moose. Period

Save this for the hot takes thread.  I can only handle so much authority in one sitting.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 38
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2024, 03:31:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They both hang out with children all day. One exploits sexuality. The other exploits labor. Reynolds has a more likeable persona, so nobody cares when he grooms kids for labor or uses racial slurs and gets punched in the face.
[close]
Shit happened 20 years ago, get a life.
Sincerely , a black guy
[close]
what if it was Trump? I don't believe you and your double standards ( I'm white and I don't care if he says the N word for a living..)
[close]

I'm confused. You care that someone doesn't care that Reynolds used racial slurs some twenty years ago, but you don't care that Reynolds used racial slurs some twenty years ago?
[close]

Yup. He said " and I'm black", like that gives him more say over a WORD than anyone else.

Ah, I get it. You care that some not caring about something that didn't happen is given more weight than other not caring about something that didn't happen, which is an injustice that you've invented yourself. Cool.

I'd like nothing more than to discuss with you the difference between 'a word' and a racial slur, and how differences in the way different groups of people employ and/or receive that word strikes pretty much at the heart of what a racial slur is/does, which in turn makes it pretty reasonable to appreciate who is talking when an opinion is given on a specific instance of the use of a racial slur, but I've got to call my mom and let the cat out of the house.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:40:20 PM by ThatIsNotCricket »

ThatIsNotCricket

• Rep: 38
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2024, 05:30:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They both hang out with children all day. One exploits sexuality. The other exploits labor. Reynolds has a more likeable persona, so nobody cares when he grooms kids for labor or uses racial slurs and gets punched in the face.
[close]
Sincerely , a black guy
[close]
what if it was Trump? I don't believe you and your double standards ( I'm white and I don't care if he says the N word for a living..)
[close]

I'm confused. You care that someone doesn't care that Reynolds used racial slurs some twenty years ago, but you don't care that Reynolds used racial slurs some twenty years ago?
[close]

Also:
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2018/08/14/happened-gershon-mosley/

Yes, of course. But I was going to introduce that bit of information to him later on; to see if his commitment to not-caring is different for a real versus an imagined scenario. I suspect that whether something has actually happened or not is irrelevant for the act of not-caring in his thinking (theoretical/abstracted not-caring is the same as practical not-caring). He's already argued that the person who is doing the not-caring, and the context in which the not-caring occurs, is irrelevant, so not-caring is clearly not a 'practice' to him; so much so that I think his philosophy of not-caring is steeped in classical Rationalism (not-caring is an exercise that exists outside of any empirical inquiry or sensory experience of the physical, and takes the form of an individual's logical, deductive reasoning). I think this is best reflected in his earlier statement 'I don't believe you and your double standards', which points towards a Rationalist preoccupation with arriving at a universal, absolute concept of not-caring (against which illogical, false not-caring can be counterposed). He doesn't care about someone not-caring about something that didn't happen, but he does care about the way that that not-caring was established; if someone's not-caring about something that didn't happen is arrived at by any other means than a complete (empirical) disengagement with that something that didn't happen, than that not-caring is not really not-caring, but is actually caring. And he absolutely fucking despises people who care. "Scum", he once told me, "sub-human scum".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 05:53:57 PM by ThatIsNotCricket »

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -12
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2024, 06:07:33 PM »
gee i can't imagine why this guy doesn't have a career in skateboarding anymore
Right doesn’t seem like a condescending weirdo with a bitter attitude at all. I bet his beanie smells great.

Keef Hernandez

• Rep: -18
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2024, 09:18:20 PM »
Both are washed

Shtonk

• Rep: -390
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2024, 11:19:58 PM »

Are you referring to the kind of labor that Kader had to subject himself to over the last two/three years (minus the injury) while banking probably one of the top contracts on adidas? Or the kind of labor where a young and innocent Vince Palmer is having to roam the streets of Milano swagged out in Supreme gear and Dunks doing switch fliptricks? Did Bryan Herman get on as a minor? He's had a laborious life indeed.

Reynolds is no saint but you're cooked well beyond the point.

BodyChocolate

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2024, 12:02:55 AM »
Can confirm the allegations - everyone in the 805 knows. Fuck icon too - weak ass strip mall shop.

gmld

• Rep: 8
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2024, 06:47:30 AM »
I love the beagle tape where merlino sw bs 360's a 14 stair not knowing he just did Reynold's trick switch. That was the last clip of him on a baker deck.
;D this sounds funny

PuppiesInACup

• Rep: -11
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2024, 09:26:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Sincerely , a black guy
[close]
[close]

[close]

Yup. He said " and I'm black", like that gives him more say over a WORD than anyone else.
[close]

Ah, I get it. You care that some not caring about something that didn't happen is given more weight than other not caring about something that didn't happen, which is an injustice that you've invented yourself. Cool.

I'd like nothing more than to discuss with you the difference between 'a word' and a racial slur, and how differences in the way different groups of people employ and/or receive that word strikes pretty much at the heart of what a racial slur is/does, which in turn makes it pretty reasonable to appreciate who is talking when an opinion is given on a specific instance of the use of a racial slur, but I've got to call my mom and let the cat out of the house.
   yawn.......

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2024, 12:21:20 PM »
Nobody warned Moose that Reynolds already did it? They all hangout together you’d think somebody would have given him a heads up to not waste his time.

I liked Moose’s skating, he was surprisingly good in BATB but dude comes across as kind of stupid and very bitter.
For the record, Reynolds did halfcab flip and Moose did fakie frontside flip (aka fs halfcab flip, call it whatever you want to). Reynolds also nollie cabbed it too.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 31
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2024, 12:31:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
For the record, Reynolds did halfcab flip and Moose did fakie frontside flip (aka fs halfcab flip, call it whatever you want to). Reynolds also nollie cabbed it too.

Footage of the nollie 360?

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 260
  • often correct
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2024, 12:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Footage of the nollie 360?
in the stay gold intro

work_lurker

• Rep: 91
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2024, 12:41:42 PM »
Moose looks pretty happy to be washed

Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -280
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2024, 01:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Sincerely , a black guy
[close]
Who cares if Trump said that shit what a weird thing to bring up .

I’m also not for any Reynolds slander . He’s arguably the greatest skater of all time in terms of skill, impact, and longevity.

Fucking kooks saying he exploits child labour are seriously brain dead

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2024, 07:37:47 PM »
Moose looks pretty happy to be washed

Moose vibes are alives

Crust

• Rep: 44
« Reply #78 on: Today at 03:00:18 AM »
Whack if true.

But, why doesn't/didn't he have a conversation with Reynolds himself directly? Rather than going with this "someone had told me" and "not sure how true that is".

AFX

• Rep: -2
« Reply #79 on: Today at 06:37:47 AM »
I’d rather watch Reynolds editing Moose out of the video than Moose skating.

This ^

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #80 on: Today at 08:06:25 AM »
Expand Quote
I’d rather watch Reynolds editing Moose out of the video than Moose skating.
[close]

This ^

AFX as in RDJ AFX?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in