Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215171 times)

neko

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
why did alien let two crackheads run they company in the first place

you cant trust no gotdamn base heads yo

Conan

« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Breaking News: Dill wears a Palace t-shirt!

And tries to hide it.

He also crops up in there Niggaz wit altitude video. Yeah it's 4 months old, but might have been a sign of things to come.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #272 on: May 05, 2013, 03:24:47 PM »
I'd be hyped to see Dill and AVE on Palace. Man that would be a HUGE step in the right direction for that company. Not that they're really doing anything wrong, but it certainly can't hurt their image.

Mike

• Rep: -2
« Reply #273 on: May 05, 2013, 05:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote

And tries to hide it.
[close]

He also crops up in there Niggaz wit altitude video. Yeah it's 4 months old, but might have been a sign of things to come.

Listen to the audio during dill's clip at 2:35

tob.1

• Rep: -17
  • Box Trill.
« Reply #274 on: May 05, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

And tries to hide it.
[close]

[close]

I noticed that when it first came out but never thought anything of it

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

And tries to hide it.
[close]

[close]

[close]

I cannot understand what they are saying.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2013, 08:06:04 PM »
Sounds like he's saying "this nigga's on palace now, huh"

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

And tries to hide it.
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I cannot understand what they are saying.

"the hour is here" from the old Workshop ads. thats just what i heard, not sure what he actually said
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:07:42 PM by natenola forever »

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »
If Dill and AVE were running the art direction of AWS in the last two years they suck at running a board company. ? Fucking Andy Warhol and Keith Haring on everything, we get it you like shitty dead artists. ? 

This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

FAGGOTRY

« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
he is on palace.

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

And tries to hide it.
[close]

[close]

if you listen to the clip backwards you can hear him saying "ENNJOOII" holy shit hes on enjoi i bet

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
I dont think they're gonna go to Palace. Ave wouldnt fit at all.

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
« Reply #282 on: May 06, 2013, 12:46:11 AM »
Expand Quote
interesting that dill and ave are already off the team page but heath remains listed
[close]

it's heath kirchart, motherfucker should be on foundation and birdhouse team pages too.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #283 on: May 06, 2013, 12:54:38 AM »
Sounds like he's saying "this nigga's on palace now, huh"
It really does
MN -> IL

Paletta

« Reply #284 on: May 06, 2013, 01:05:40 AM »
I'd be hyped to see Dill and AVE on Palace. Man that would be a HUGE step in the right direction for that company. Not that they're really doing anything wrong, but it certainly can't hurt their image.

Except for sponsoring that Shawn Powers twat

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #285 on: May 06, 2013, 02:41:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I partially agree with you. At the beggining it shooked me, but now I see that as something like "We don't give a fuck if that guy isn't that good, we do what we want, we are PALACE, fuck you..." as well a good way to get more love from the NYC/Supreme/Hip community.

That being said, it would be really incredible if Dill goes to Palace, but I have a hard time thinking of AVE going there, but PALACE can say "We don't give a fuck if that guy doesn't fit, we do what we want, we are PALACE, fuck you..."

dankradschwag

« Reply #286 on: May 06, 2013, 07:51:34 AM »
Always hated Alien, even more so in recent years. Dill and Dylan are just some hip fuck boys who probably give each other handjobs on the side. Dill is obviously in love with Dylan, watch is Epicly Later'd and tell me otherwise. This is also just another sign of how bad Dyrdek sold out, not like he was legit beforehand, but he wasn't a sell out. Could care less about their new brand or if they're going to the UK's hippest brand.

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #287 on: May 06, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »
Always hated Alien, even more so in recent years. Dill and Dylan are just some hip fuck boys who probably give each other handjobs on the side. Dill is obviously in love with Dylan, watch is Epicly Later'd and tell me otherwise. This is also just another sign of how bad Dyrdek sold out, not like he was legit beforehand, but he wasn't a sell out. Could care less about their new brand or if they're going to the UK's hippest brand.

when you've been pro for 20 years your comment might have a shred of relevance.

Krystian quint

• Rep: -4
« Reply #288 on: May 06, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »
wait why would they quit in the middle of filming the vans video? the timing seems so regular

why would that matter at all? vans is a shoe company...

Mike

« Reply #289 on: May 06, 2013, 08:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #290 on: May 06, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
Expand Quote
weren't these guys partially responsible for getting Berra kicked off?  kind of funny if true now that they're bailing.
[close]

thats what im saying. they did all this shit to keep the worshop cool and ran their way, now they bail? what the fuck more do they want

i get why it seems kinda juvenile to do that, but companies take advantage of pros all the time. if you the ability to, might as well use your star power, they probably wont have the opportunity to change companies again at this point in their career

Crazy Joe Devola

« Reply #291 on: May 06, 2013, 08:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

How could anybody hate on the Boss don Shawn Powers? Jealousy...

Radgasm

• Rep: -6
  • Slap Stock FTW
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2013, 08:30:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

jealous perhaps

or maybe poor education, family problems, vain obsessions etc.

too much weed, or not enough

Mmmm... its a puzzler

Paletta

« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2013, 08:35:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

OK you got me there that wasn't half bad.
Everything I have seen from him recently he seems likea kid whos just cool for being cool

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:17:10 PM by Paletta »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2013, 08:36:05 AM »
It's a strange thing to pass judgement on someone you've never met and I've never felt comfortable doing it, but in the case of Dill, I'm almost certain he is a terrible person.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:27 AM »
Kalis , in the end you were much better off leaving anyways . DGK fits you great , Henry got on , and you prob skate more with the DGK dudes then you did with the AWS dudes . And now you dont have to deal with the whole move to Cali and AVE and Dill leaving

While its true AVE and Dill prob changed AWS alot , they were given promison from someboyd . they tried to make it what they thought was good but in the end it looks like nobody was feeling it so they left . It happens in many companies

Dill has been getting covarage the past few months , Ads and internet clips . Unless you hang out with the skater , dont go around saying how much he skates and so on . how the fuck do you know ?  . He seems to get alot of clips from that park Mariano and AVE own

Most interesting would be if they started a company out of VAns  , lots of money and would be soime interesting team switches . But the Palace thing is prob true . wonder if AVE is going palace too or he is going somewhere ells ?

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
I don't think that VF Corp. would be into funding a skateboard brand (the margins are way too low).  Not to mention, that going full publicly traded isn't really the vibe that Dill and Ave have been known for.  That being said, I feel like an existing Cali based Distro could take these guys and their new venture on.  Baker Boys??

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »
I must say, I really like where you're going with this..

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
Kalis , in the end you were much better off leaving anyways . DGK fits you great , Henry got on , and you prob skate more with the DGK dudes then you did with the AWS dudes . And now you dont have to deal with the whole move to Cali and AVE and Dill leaving

While its true AVE and Dill prob changed AWS alot , they were given promison from someboyd . they tried to make it what they thought was good but in the end it looks like nobody was feeling it so they left . It happens in many companies

Dill has been getting covarage the past few months , Ads and internet clips . Unless you hang out with the skater , dont go around saying how much he skates and so on . how the fuck do you know ??  . He seems to get alot of clips from that park Mariano and AVE own

Most interesting would be if they started a company out of VAns ? , lots of money and would be soime interesting team switches . But the Palace thing is prob true . wonder if AVE is going palace too or he is going somewhere ells ?

This is what I thought - big corporate backing being applied to an industry they already know and have a nice share of. They could use the names of Ave and Dill to expand upon any initial investment.

Hate to see AVE getting lumped in with the negative Dill shit - but you are the company you keep, and i bet they feel close to one another being ex-addicts and shit...

"I achieved all my goals at 19. Anything after that was just icing on the cake." - Dill, Epicly Later'd

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2013, 10:29:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]