Author Topic: Ave and Dill quit Alien?  (Read 215214 times)

Stage 7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Ave and Dill quit Alien?
« Reply #480 on: June 16, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »
�Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable; originality is non-existent. And don�t bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said: �It�s not where you take things from - it�s where you take them to.�

― Jim Jarmusch

zoltan

« Reply #481 on: June 16, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »

Yo dude.  Dill doesn't give a fuck about your country bumpkin shop and has definitely never heard of it.  He didn't rip it off.  SRY.

its Heath Kircharts shop...... and im pretty sure ive seen ave wear a subsect shirt before

MrMojoRising

• Rep: -23
« Reply #482 on: June 16, 2013, 12:55:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Fucking awesome sucks.
both designs ive seen are rip offs of hulkamania and subsect....

[close]

Yo dude.  Dill doesn't give a fuck about your country bumpkin shop and has definitely never heard of it.  He didn't rip it off.  SRY.
If someone did it before him,  he ripped it off.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #483 on: June 16, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »
The subsect skatehsop logo is based off of the band crass and fucking awesome uses ton of different fonts I own alot of clever shirts like the Statue of Liberty that has the sharpie over the eye so It looks like hitler. I'm down for dill

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #484 on: June 16, 2013, 04:14:21 PM »
Because hitler is soooo cool  ::)

era

« Reply #485 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fucking awesome sucks.
both designs ive seen are rip offs of hulkamania and subsect....

[close]

[close]
If someone did it before him,  he ripped it off.

Apologies, he didn't directly rip off the shop.  He ripped off the band.

skateohio

• Rep: 18
« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06:44 AM »
My apologies if this has already be touched upon in another threads but I've been trying to find a pic of the FA ad that's in the new thrasher, guess it lists the new "team."

Interested to know if anyone else aside from Dill, Ave, Terps, & Sage are on. Kinda expecting to see that Tyshawn kid apart of it too.

edit: old gear ? remember the books being apart of the product photos, don't remember seeing these tee's before tho, probably just forgot about them.

http://fuckingawesomestore.com/collections/t-shirts

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:27:36 AM by skateohio »

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #487 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »
Front page of the new site: Heavy photo

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
I SERIOUSLY HATE YOU KIDS FREE MAX B
I need a coffee

Dumbo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #489 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »

I know it's cool (or not cool? whatever the fuck hipsters are into these day)  to be weird and against norms, but this photo on a company website called fucking awesome can be interpreted many different ways.  Seems like he's going for some shock factor with the photo and the company name in general.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #490 on: June 24, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »
so dill was there, when like, ya know, shit went down?

he must really be from new york huh?

Dumbo

• Rep: 4
« Reply #491 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:03 AM »
I'm not even sure if you actually read/processed what I wrote, or just assumed someone was ripping on Dill and had to immediately defend his honor.

Yu Dum

« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Dill's trying to attract 4channers now...

ZEBRA

« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2013, 04:35:25 PM »

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:34 PM »
My apologies if this has already be touched upon in another threads but I've been trying to find a pic of the FA ad that's in the new thrasher, guess it lists the new "team."

Interested to know if anyone else aside from Dill, Ave, Terps, & Sage are on. Kinda expecting to see that Tyshawn kid apart of it too.

What i'm told is the team consists of: Ave, Dill, terpening, Sage Elsesser, Sean Murphy, and Aidan Mackey.
Dylan and Gilbert are supposedly going to jump ship once their alien contracts are up.

zoltan

« Reply #495 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What i'm told is the team consists of: Ave, Dill, terpening, Sage Elsesser, Sean Murphy, and Aidan Mackey.
Dylan and Gilbert are supposedly going to jump ship once their alien contracts are up.

i think dylan and gilbert would have already bailed if they were going to. also Sage Elsesser, Sean Murphy, and Aidan Mackey dont deserve to ride for any company

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #496 on: June 24, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »
Did Ave & Dill block Boserio from getting on Workshop?

zoltan

« Reply #497 on: June 24, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
Did Ave & Dill block Boserio from getting on Workshop?

it sure seems like it since they were basicaly in charge of who got on....

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2013, 11:47:25 PM »
i think dylan and gilbert would have already bailed if they were going to. also Sage Elsesser, Sean Murphy, and Aidan Mackey dont deserve to ride for any company

Did they personally hurt your feelings or are you just deeply offended by their skateboarding?

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did they personally hurt your feelings or are you just deeply offended by their skateboarding?

I get the feeling that the kids haven't really put out footage of what they're really "capable" of that would justify them being amateurs for a company ran by Ave and Dill

zoltan

« Reply #500 on: June 24, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha neither of the two, just the fact that there are kids out there that rip and can do real tricks and arent properly hooked up. then there are those hipsters that dress "cool" and smoke cigarettes and do slappies and they are on the same team as AVE Dill and Kevin Terpening

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2013, 12:02:22 AM »
So if someone only did back 3z, feebles, and crook variations then they would fit? Because I'm pretty sure a crackhead and an H banger can't run a company.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I get the feeling that the kids haven't really put out footage of what they're really "capable" of that would justify them being amateurs for a company ran by Ave and Dill

By the looks of that \,,/ part, yes. Such a shame they don't take things more seriously!

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #503 on: June 25, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »
i personally think dill is a huge douche, but that photo is awesome

zoltan

« Reply #504 on: June 25, 2013, 12:08:32 AM »
So if someone only did back 3z, feebles, and crook variations then they would fit? Because I'm pretty sure a crackhead and an H banger can't run a company.

you make no sense

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

By the looks of that \,,/ part, yes. Such a shame they don't take things more seriously!

your not getting the point, you can skate for fun and rip which is usually how people end up riding for companies... but i havent seen these kids rip. just try to emulate their favorite pros by dressing like them, smoking, and doing impossibles.

Fake Tits

« Reply #505 on: June 25, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »
i personally think dill is a huge douche, but that photo is awesome

I see what you did there

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #506 on: June 25, 2013, 01:30:35 AM »
your not getting the point, you can skate for fun and rip which is usually how people end up riding for companies... but i havent seen these kids rip. just try to emulate their favorite pros by dressing like them, smoking, and doing impossibles.

Doesn't mean they don't "rip" just because you (or I, for that matter?) haven't seen it. Just saying, not defending people I hadn't even heard of before opening this topic.

zoltan

« Reply #507 on: June 25, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Doesn't mean they don't "rip" just because you (or I, for that matter?) haven't seen it. Just saying, not defending people I hadn't even heard of before opening this topic.

ive witnessed those kids skate multiple times and dont think they are anything special. i could see sage maybe getting really good, but ill just have to wait and see

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #508 on: June 25, 2013, 02:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

ive witnessed those kids skate multiple times and dont think they are anything special. i could see sage maybe getting really good, but ill just have to wait and see

Does skill matter in skateboarding? Yes. Is it everything? No.

Ask yourself why pappalardo gets 20 page threads about nothing but very few care when nyjah drops a gnarly clip. Why do people like epicly later'd?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #509 on: June 25, 2013, 05:55:43 AM »
To be fair, Pops used to kill it and that's why people want to see him.  You can't suck all along and expect people to be into it.