Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364294 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3150 on: May 06, 2024, 07:27:02 PM »
If we ever need to win a war, I’m going to propose we lock the leader of the opposing force in a room with you and *rink

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • Get bent
« Reply #3151 on: May 06, 2024, 07:40:42 PM »
If we ever need to win a war, I’m going to propose we lock the leader of the opposing force in a room with you and *rink

Damnit, I’ve already gnarred camel filters today. *rink made me laugh out loud, had to explain it to my girl who then didnt understand what the fuck I was talking about, good one
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3152 on: May 06, 2024, 08:08:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damnit, I’ve already gnarred camel filters today. *rink made me laugh out loud, had to explain it to my girl who then didnt understand what the fuck I was talking about, good one
i heard if you say his name 3 times in a dark bathroom he suddenly appears, i’ve always been too scared to try it though.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #3153 on: May 06, 2024, 08:16:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i heard if you say his name 3 times in a dark bathroom he suddenly appears, i’ve always been too scared to try it though.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3154 on: May 06, 2024, 09:02:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

hahaha this is more terrifying than all of the human shit right above me. i gnar’d for you toe knee.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3155 on: May 06, 2024, 09:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rkulla really leaning into his new bad boy gimmick
[close]

[Insert famous quotes about "kindness != weakness" and the like here].  Then we're getting at this threads essence. "Nice club", "toxic positivity", etc was already answered plenty of times on the show itself.  No one is pretending to be a saint, or above talking trash. There's just a time and a place for it.

[close]

Can you point to a few instances of the nine club actually talking even a little trash? Their time and place must be when the cameras are all off. I'd love to see an example if you have any.
[close]

My point was more that they don't usually talk trash about specific peole on the show because it wouldn't benefit anyone to do so but they certainly trash talk random things.  "Budget or Buttery" is their most famous segment about the nicest guy in the world telling you what he thinks is budget.  Chris always says what he doesn't like about skating, tricks/videos, etc.

I think some people are just expecting an HBO drama version of the show vs a mass appeal version.  Maybe if they got picked up by Sirius they could.. who knows..
[close]

I personally don't have any skin in this game. I was just curious if you had any examples of them talking trash off the top of your head. Personally, I find it entertaining/fascinating that you take time out of your day to come on here and defend them with such vigor.
[close]

I don't even feel like I'm defending them, although I guess I am but don't want to since I could be misrepresenting what they actually feel so it's not really my place. It's more that if I was good enough to be a standup comic, I'd totally be the guy interacting with the hecklers. Just having fun.
jesus…

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #3156 on: May 07, 2024, 05:37:43 AM »
Even after sleeping on it I can't get over the thought of someone going to a funeral and thinking "ya know? This eulogy kinda makes me think of the Nine Club".

rkulla

« Reply #3157 on: May 07, 2024, 06:45:21 AM »
Even after sleeping on it I can't get over the thought of someone going to a funeral and thinking "ya know? This eulogy kinda makes me think of the Nine Club".

Wasn't thinking about that in the moment. It made me think about how people live their lives in general, mostly conforming to fit in. Then of course when I came on here I thought "oh yeah, here's an example".   I know exactly what I could say to fit in here, it's the plot of every 80's movie.

rkulla

« Reply #3158 on: May 07, 2024, 07:18:05 AM »
...Something tells me I'll have to explain (because that always works here /s). You see, in a lot of 80s movies, they're coming of age tales where teenagers end up doing what teenagers do to fit in: everything. They will throw their old friends under the bus if it they thought there was a hint of them not being cool.

Just like in those movies, even the 'bad guys' side usually still has at least one open-minded person who still sees potential in the other side and is willing to be cool with everyone. It's a big tricky here because you have cool guests on the TNC who have already stamped them as cool, but it's also cooler _here_ to make fun of them since the reason they get made fun of is that they act nice in order to fit in, whereas here you have to act the opposite of nice to fit in.  In the 80s movies, the people who go back to being themselves, rather than someone they're not just to fit in, usually end up best way to go because we all know deep down that being insecure is worse.

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 629
« Reply #3159 on: May 07, 2024, 07:22:40 AM »
...Something tells me I'll have to explain (because that always works here /s). You see, in a lot of 80s movies, they're coming of age tales where teenagers end up doing what teenagers do to fit in: everything. They will throw their old friends under the bus if it they thought there was a hint of them not being cool.

Just like in those movies, even the 'bad guys' side usually still has at least one open-minded person who still sees potential in the other side and is willing to be cool with everyone. It's a big tricky here because you have cool guests on the TNC who have already stamped them as cool, but it's also cooler _here_ to make fun of them since the reason they get made fun of is that they act nice in order to fit in, whereas here you have to act the opposite of nice to fit in.  In the 80s movies, the people who go back to being themselves, rather than someone they're not just to fit in, usually end up best way to go because we all know deep down that being insecure is worse.
It’s pretty wild that this is how you choose to start your day.

rkulla

« Reply #3160 on: May 07, 2024, 07:24:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It’s pretty wild that this is how you choose to start your day.

It's part of this complete breakfast.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3161 on: May 07, 2024, 07:28:28 AM »
The Bunt boys can make an episode entertaining and fun to listen to, even if the guest is weak.

TNC is twice as long and the hosts are half as personable, so unless you’ve got a T-Bone or other eccentric guest carrying the episode, it falls pretty flat.

Honestly, the TNC would be just as good without hosts.  Just let the guests riff off a list of questions, and have Rog pressing soundboard buttons of Jeron saying “Get em”….. “All day”….. “Real talk”.

rkulla

« Reply #3162 on: May 07, 2024, 07:35:02 AM »
The Bunt boys can make an episode entertaining and fun to listen to, even if the guest is weak.

TNC is twice as long and the hosts are half as personable, so unless you’ve got a T-Bone or other eccentric guest carrying the episode, it falls pretty flat.

Honestly, the TNC would be just as good without hosts.  Just let the guests riff off a list of questions, and have Rog pressing soundboard buttons of Jeron saying “Get em”….. “All day”….. “Real talk”.

The contractions here are so confusion. "personable" means having an agreeable or pleasing personality which is the main thing they get crap for. The fact that you'd rather have no hosts (thus no persons), yet want someone more personable is the answer to everyone's questions about why am I still here.  (i love being confused)

rkulla

« Reply #3163 on: May 07, 2024, 07:36:16 AM »
*confusing. (More typos from my nervously defending them).

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #3164 on: May 07, 2024, 07:39:44 AM »
2024 king of comedy remake but it’s rkulla and crob
check my music

Oh yeahhhhhhh!

• Rep: 28
« Reply #3165 on: May 07, 2024, 07:41:03 AM »

rkulla

« Reply #3166 on: May 07, 2024, 07:50:01 AM »
Was just talking about this recently with someone who has been in the industry a long time, about how weird it is that skateboarders are their own worst enemy because so many of them like to attack other skaters and cringe at things like "skaters supporting skaters".

It doesn't surprise me because when I grew up skating, other skaters were the worst to other skaters. Not the cops, not your friends who didn't skate, etc.  but there was always both happening at once:  Some skaters would treat you better than anyone, and just accept you while others were your worst enemies, would sucker punch you, steal from you, talk behind your back, ditch you the second they could, etc. 

TNC came along and tried to help change that crap but the ones who don't want it to change, well you know who/where they are.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #3167 on: May 07, 2024, 08:17:14 AM »

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #3168 on: May 07, 2024, 08:23:42 AM »
sKaTeRs sUpPoRTiNg sKaTeRs

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #3169 on: May 07, 2024, 08:31:04 AM »

Well this took an interesting turn.

Oog

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3170 on: May 07, 2024, 08:36:30 AM »
Was just talking about this recently with someone who has been in the industry a long time, about how weird it is that skateboarders are their own worst enemy because so many of them like to attack other skaters and cringe at things like "skaters supporting skaters".

It doesn't surprise me because when I grew up skating, other skaters were the worst to other skaters. Not the cops, not your friends who didn't skate, etc.  but there was always both happening at once:  Some skaters would treat you better than anyone, and just accept you while others were your worst enemies, would sucker punch you, steal from you, talk behind your back, ditch you the second they could, etc. 

TNC came along and tried to help change that crap but the ones who don't want it to change, well you know who/where they are.

The most annoying part about the whole hyper positivity thing is that it leads to "well if they don't like me then there is something wrong with them". It's ok if people think you are lame and don't want to hang out with you. Just drop it and find other friends. I'm tired of hearing people blame the industry or other skaters for not liking them. Since when did we have to all like everything. Just because someone skateboards doesn't mean I have to like them.

rkulla

« Reply #3171 on: May 07, 2024, 08:53:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The most annoying part about the whole hyper positivity thing is that it leads to "well if they don't like me then there is something wrong with them". It's ok if people think you are lame and don't want to hang out with you. Just drop it and find other friends. I'm tired of hearing people blame the industry or other skaters for not liking them. Since when did we have to all like everything. Just because someone skateboards doesn't mean I have to like them.

Yeah except who is saying that? Even when I've said the exact same thing as you many times, the narrative is still pushed back to some straw man.  What bugs me far more than even that is the whole "if you don't like it, ignore it and move on" yet people saying that won't move on from saying what they're saying about the whole toxic positivity narrative bs.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 985
« Reply #3172 on: May 07, 2024, 08:59:00 AM »

Damn dude what a profound revelation. It's almost as if people who aren't skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them. Shocking.

rkulla

« Reply #3173 on: May 07, 2024, 09:00:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn dude what a profound revelation. It's almost as if people who aren't skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them. Shocking.

Interesting takeaway. You think the examples I gave are just people being "critical"? No wonder everything looks like "toxic positivity" lol.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #3174 on: May 07, 2024, 09:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well this took an interesting turn.
Skating really does have a Nazi problem huh

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3175 on: May 07, 2024, 09:10:29 AM »
So confusion

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3176 on: May 07, 2024, 09:10:45 AM »
rkulla my guy please tell us why you have no problem working with these nazis

rkulla

« Reply #3177 on: May 07, 2024, 09:12:16 AM »
rkulla my guy please tell us why you have no problem working with these nazis

"working with"? "who"?  This is just so stupid.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #3178 on: May 07, 2024, 09:13:00 AM »
2024 king of comedy remake but it’s rkulla and crob doing a Jeron impression.

rkulla

« Reply #3179 on: May 07, 2024, 09:14:44 AM »
What are my odds of making SLAP Pal this year?