Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988854 times)

GasTheHostage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3120 on: April 15, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25" + super reds for my cruiser
[close]
Been skating some reds and race reds. whats the difference between the regular and super? (race reds are definitely worth it, eliminates the pain of losing washers while changing wheels since they don't need them)
[close]
I have no fucking clue, they were bones and they were 10€ more than regular reds so I assume they are a bit better hah
[close]
Ok so since the race reds are literally just super reds with extended races ill just compare those with teh regular reds. The regular reds are obviously cheaper and need a lot of maintenance ( streets are pretty rough and dirty here ). The race reds spin a little faster and longer, but are also just a tad bit quieter. The only con to race reds is that you can't put them through a bones cleaner kit. I really want a swiss version of the race reds but sadly there isn't.
[close]

Just leave the spacers out. I’ve cleaned my bearings with similar races just fine with my Bones cleaning bottle.
No I know you can leave the spacers out but the bones cleaner kit has 7 spacers. So for the 8 bearings, you have seven spacers. However, each bones race reds bearing has a built in spacer AND slightly extended outer race to take away the need for washers. So you cant use them in the bones cleaner.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3121 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Been skating some reds and race reds. whats the difference between the regular and super? (race reds are definitely worth it, eliminates the pain of losing washers while changing wheels since they don't need them)
[close]
I have no fucking clue, they were bones and they were 10€ more than regular reds so I assume they are a bit better hah
[close]
Ok so since the race reds are literally just super reds with extended races ill just compare those with teh regular reds. The regular reds are obviously cheaper and need a lot of maintenance ( streets are pretty rough and dirty here ). The race reds spin a little faster and longer, but are also just a tad bit quieter. The only con to race reds is that you can't put them through a bones cleaner kit. I really want a swiss version of the race reds but sadly there isn't.
[close]

Just leave the spacers out. I’ve cleaned my bearings with similar races just fine with my Bones cleaning bottle.
[close]
No I know you can leave the spacers out but the bones cleaner kit has 7 spacers. So for the 8 bearings, you have seven spacers. However, each bones race reds bearing has a built in spacer AND slightly extended outer race to take away the need for washers. So you cant use them in the bones cleaner.

How have I managed to do it several times then?

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3122 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

wait with bones race reds? thats strange cuz every time I try it fails. Maybe ill find a spare cleaner kit from bones and try again

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3123 on: April 15, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »

Same for me, no problems at all to clean the race reds with the Bones cleaning unit.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3124 on: April 15, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
wait with bones race reds? thats strange cuz every time I try it fails. Maybe ill find a spare cleaner kit from bones and try again

Zealous, but they're the same when it comes to the inner race dimensions.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3125 on: April 15, 2019, 10:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Zealous do have nearly identical inner race dimensions, but the race reds have a small extension on the outside too to eliminate the need for speed rings or washers.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3126 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Zealous do have nearly identical inner race dimensions, but the race reds have a small extension on the outside too to eliminate the need for speed rings or washers.

Dude. Fuck off. You have no idea what you're talking about. Just spouting bullshit. Zealous bearings like all bearings with extended inner races have the same fucking dimensions. They are all designed so that you do not need spacers or speed rings. If you had trouble putting 8 bearings on a stick I'm sorry for you. Had they not actually fit there I don't think it would have required all that much brain capacity to figure out that you could clean them for example in sets of four.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3127 on: April 15, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »

Feeling that '95 workshop nostalgia

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #3128 on: April 24, 2019, 02:55:30 AM »

also copped an 8.375 magenta in a lucky dip but i have a feeling its this one

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3129 on: April 24, 2019, 05:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Dude. Fuck off. You have no idea what you're talking about. Just spouting bullshit. Zealous bearings like all bearings with extended inner races have the same fucking dimensions. They are all designed so that you do not need spacers or speed rings. If you had trouble putting 8 bearings on a stick I'm sorry for you. Had they not actually fit there I don't think it would have required all that much brain capacity to figure out that you could clean them for example in sets of four.
Im not stupid I know how to clean bearings dipshit im just saying that its strange how my bones race reds dont fit in the bones cleaner kit. You dont need the kit to clean them so why are you acting like its the only thing stopping me. Relax and go back to whining about how your asshole is looser than daewon song's trucks. have a nice day

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3130 on: April 24, 2019, 06:33:35 AM »
I got race reds and the cleaner kit....works for me.....four and four....

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3131 on: April 24, 2019, 08:10:21 AM »
I got race reds and the cleaner kit....works for me.....four and four....

It makes too much sense! Anarchy!

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #3132 on: April 24, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »

Dustwardprez

« Reply #3133 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:16 AM »
Real R1 oval. Boom for real ked. Kicks are kinda high but I’m getting used to it. I like

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #3134 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
Picked up that deathwish / pyramid country colab deck. It looks so nice in person. I am such a sucker for pyramid country i even got the vape pen.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3135 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:00 AM »
Grabbed those "I survived school" Quasi decks, one for the wall one to skate.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #3136 on: April 24, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »
That rug is legit
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #3137 on: April 26, 2019, 10:22:02 AM »
Was feeling the need for these exact trucks, went to a local shop and boom, kismet:

My local requires pads but my current 187s are the Pro version, which are HUGE and Pro Level, these should do me just fine on the smaller bowls and mini and not wreck street tricks.

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3138 on: April 26, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »
Was feeling the need for these exact trucks, went to a local shop and boom, kismet:

My local requires pads but my current 187s are the Pro version, which are HUGE and Pro Level, these should do me just fine on the smaller bowls and mini and not wreck street tricks.

Those venture trucks?

curbslayer

• Rep: 9
  • How dose the board stick to their feet ?
« Reply #3139 on: April 26, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
Thunders ^

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3140 on: April 26, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #3141 on: April 26, 2019, 11:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Thunders ^
[close]
thanks

I was actually planning on holding out for the 8.25" Venture TIs but I recently sessioned some Thunders and they just felt so good/spot on and remembered the last time I rode Ventures I went straight back to Indy; the wheelbase stretch is just too long for me (plus I want lower trucks that still turn).

GasTheHostage

« Reply #3142 on: April 26, 2019, 11:58:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thunders ^
[close]
thanks
[close]

I was actually planning on holding out for the 8.25" Venture TIs but I recently sessioned some Thunders and they just felt so good/spot on and remembered the last time I rode Ventures I went straight back to Indy; the wheelbase stretch is just too long for me (plus I want lower trucks that still turn).
Yeah thunders are my favorite because they are lower compared to others and are pretty light too

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #3143 on: April 29, 2019, 02:54:00 AM »
won this shit lol

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3144 on: April 29, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »
Is grizzly grip a money laundering scheme?

baggy spandex

« Reply #3145 on: April 29, 2019, 03:01:44 PM »
Got the Bobby 5.8s. It'll be my first time riding ventures since high school, I think

and got these Dylans

SadandLonely

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3146 on: April 29, 2019, 05:20:10 PM »
Dial tones. They don’t slide at all...

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #3147 on: April 29, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »
won this shit lol

Was it the prize for last place?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #3148 on: April 29, 2019, 06:45:21 PM »
Found a pair of Silas Pros at Salvation Army for like ten bucks. They're unskated, and they almost appear to be unworn altogether.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #3149 on: April 29, 2019, 08:58:24 PM »
Found a pair of Silas Pros at Salvation Army for like ten bucks. They're unskated, and they almost appear to be unworn altogether.

Every time i see your sig i pretend thats kelly hart