Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797593 times)

CoMpLeMeNts4U

Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1440 on: December 01, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
We all do it and I know exactly. You wanna minimize the variables and only worry about yourself. I just meant you have a very eloquent way of describing a product and what you like and don't like about it. I dunno you have a way of explaining a feeling I may not consider like tight tucks but pre loading your weight off centre for certain tricks and losing grip into a slide. It makes total sense and in a way opened up an insight for me skating a spot that I may try some softer but small wheels like soft eez or clouds because it's a tight left uphill turn quick Ollie up onto a very small Manny pad and I always feel not confident like im on the edge of slipping out cause I am ollieing off centre a bit so im not totally focusing on what im gonna do once im up there. Anyways it's hard to describe but usually on here I read posts and not look at the names cause I lurked for a long time with no account. But every time I would read something that I was interested in fiddling with or hadn't considered it's usually from you.

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1441 on: December 02, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »
We all do it and I know exactly. You wanna minimize the variables and only worry about yourself. I just meant you have a very eloquent way of describing a product and what you like and don't like about it. I dunno you have a way of explaining a feeling I may not consider like tight tucks but pre loading your weight off centre for certain tricks and losing grip into a slide. It makes total sense and in a way opened up an insight for me skating a spot that I may try some softer but small wheels like soft eez or clouds because it's a tight left uphill turn quick Ollie up onto a very small Manny pad and I always feel not confident like im on the edge of slipping out cause I am ollieing off centre a bit so im not totally focusing on what im gonna do once im up there. Anyways it's hard to describe but usually on here I read posts and not look at the names cause I lurked for a long time with no account. But every time I would read something that I was interested in fiddling with or hadn't considered it's usually from you.

Thanks man! Means a lot

I hope I have a positive affect on you with the others too

I don’t mean to be such a kook but certain observations and experimenting of products I’ve accumulated over the years of skating and earning money and filling the curiosities to “the best” created so many assessments and analysis that I had to some how share with someone cause my friends are more of the let’s just skate/shred and skate whatever you like!

I beg to differ, I like Indy’s but idk...even swapping bushings and doing my best to adjust them to my preferences(tighter and lower) they just don’t work when the hype slows down and I’m having some off sessions and go back to what works for me and I like those products that work but ya know, always wanna change it up a bit

Anyways I’m starting to realize again wheels are such a vital part of your setup that I’m going back to sticking to 1 set of wheels or formula, can’t decide though...

I really liked stf cause they filled the gap of slides almost as good as f4 but grips almost as good as a classic 99a but f4 are such a naturally good feeling and sliding wheel, emphasis on natural feeling

But I’ll do my best to stay with the bones 100’s until the bones easy streets come out
yes

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1442 on: December 03, 2018, 12:51:55 AM »
compliments focused? did he go bankrupt with all the giveaways?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1443 on: December 03, 2018, 02:43:36 AM »

RIP

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1444 on: December 03, 2018, 03:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

RIP

To respect his legacy I think is a good place to compliment your sig. I’ve wanted to compliment it for a while now but it never felt right in any other thread. Best sig in ages. Always puts a smile on my face! 😊

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1445 on: December 03, 2018, 04:09:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

RIP
[close]

To respect his legacy I think is a good place to compliment your sig. I’ve wanted to compliment it for a while now but it never felt right in any other thread. Best sig in ages. Always puts a smile on my face! 😊

Awesome haha thanks. Im glad it makes you happy. Its the little things right? Spread that cheer around!

Not Local

« Reply #1446 on: December 07, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
Looks like the Bones 99a STFs are available. Limited sizes though 52, 53 54. I won't bother until I see some product descriptions/ reviews and maybe see if 55s are coming....

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1447 on: December 14, 2018, 04:44:32 AM »
I’ve been on STFs for years and have been riding formula 4 101s for about a year.

Are 99s actually make a difference? I love my slide (I don’t skate at Joslin/Luan/Busenotz speed so I like the extra help) and I’m afraid I’ll miss it if I get 99s and won’t really notice them being any softer. Just that less slidey.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #1448 on: December 14, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
I’ve been on STFs for years and have been riding formula 4 101s for about a year.

Are 99s actually make a difference? I love my slide (I don’t skate at Joslin/Luan/Busenotz speed so I like the extra help) and I’m afraid I’ll miss it if I get 99s and won’t really notice them being any softer. Just that less slidey.

Less screechy but they still slide fine

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1449 on: December 14, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
99a actually slows you down when you slide.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #1450 on: December 16, 2018, 11:23:28 PM »
I know pretty much everyone said that Speedlab's formula is softer than others, but exactly how much softer does their 101a feel compared to to 99a F4s?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1451 on: December 18, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
Anybody try 52 or 54  v4s?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1452 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:54 PM »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: December 18, 2018, 11:42:21 PM »

Pigeon

« Reply #1454 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:38 AM »
Has anyone tried Loophole Wheels yet?

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1455 on: December 19, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
STF?
[close]
  Yeah

I've had a set of 55mm V4's for a while now, they're not set up atm, but they're probably my favourite stf shape. Kind of a fatter spit radial.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #1456 on: December 19, 2018, 10:55:51 AM »
Has anyone tried Loophole Wheels yet?

bump

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1457 on: December 19, 2018, 01:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote

I've had a set of 55mm V4's for a while now, they're not set up atm, but they're probably my favourite stf shape. Kind of a fatter spit radial.
This.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1149
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1458 on: December 19, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »
Just got SML Herringtons in the AG formula in 53 and they're awesome. Slightly wider than conicals, feel just as fast, seem to slide better when you want em to

I’ve been thinking about getting these.  Anyone skate these on some crusty spots?  If so, how do they compare with f4’s?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1459 on: December 19, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
STF?
[close]
  Yeah

I had the 52mm cause I wanted a wider wheel and to my opinion they definitely had a wider wheel feel but the same feel too as a standard v1 just wider

So nothing special but just being bigger(feels safer in that you stick better and don’t randomly slide out/drift from a hard turn or land) and maybe faster or longer rolling but not drastically over other stf

The v5 and v2 are the only ones that to me have some big difference in feel

V2 actually help lock you in to grinds surprising not a gimmick

V5 are definitely grippier and sticker than all of them

Oh and v3 just feel or placebo affect you that they’re lighter but I mean they have to be cause they’re thinner
yes

ballintoohard

« Reply #1460 on: December 19, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »
Well I've skated them at the same places as my F4, which is some crusty asphalt around SF and Oakland commuting. They honestly don't feel that much different. I was on 99A 54 Classics and Conical Fulls before and since these are slightly smaller they feel a wee bit slower and they don't break into a slide as easily yet. It's not apples to apples, but they were a lot better than I was expecting and in between a Conical and Conical Full in width so it's close to perfect.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: December 20, 2018, 04:38:20 AM »
Thanks for the v4 feed back.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1462 on: December 20, 2018, 09:56:09 AM »
Anyone tried Loophole wheels?

First I've heard of them; they have that yellow F4 look to them tho.

switchbs180

« Reply #1463 on: December 20, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
so harder wheels are better for tailslides?  ;D
sorry if asked before pals.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1464 on: December 20, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
especially if you ride thunders

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1465 on: December 20, 2018, 07:48:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
especially if you ride thunders

Since Indy's and such usually hit more of the baseplate than the wheels right?

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1466 on: December 20, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »
Anyone tried Loophole wheels? They’ve got a solid team.

If I find a set of Dial Tones in 54/55 that are 101 I’ll grab them. Seems like they do a lot of 99s. I’m about to set up my last set of Prize Fighter Cutlery wheels.

I don’t know if I should gnar you or kook you for being so core.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

SWPhillyFloater

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1467 on: December 21, 2018, 07:11:43 AM »
Anyone tried Loophole wheels? They’ve got a solid team.

If I find a set of Dial Tones in 54/55 that are 101 I’ll grab them. Seems like they do a lot of 99s. I’m about to set up my last set of Prize Fighter Cutlery wheels.

Dial Tone makes a 54 wheel that's 101, but you're right they mostly have 99s. They aren't a conical shape if that's what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2018, 08:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote

I had the 52mm cause I wanted a wider wheel and to my opinion they definitely had a wider wheel feel but the same feel too as a standard v1 just wider

So nothing special but just being bigger(feels safer in that you stick better and don’t randomly slide out/drift from a hard turn or land) and maybe faster or longer rolling but not drastically over other stf

The v5 and v2 are the only ones that to me have some big difference in feel

V2 actually help lock you in to grinds surprising not a gimmick

V5 are definitely grippier and sticker than all of them

Oh and v3 just feel or placebo affect you that they’re lighter but I mean they have to be cause they’re thinner

I'm a big fan of the V2's also because when I skated narrower trucks it was 'more truck'. The con is that the conicals style primos a bit less.

Picked up the 99's v1's and they feel good.  In the park a hair slower but smoother, on the street they feel faster.  Not much difference in the slide....maybe even better but softer, more giving, less screechy.  Still pretty new though.  I think the formula is different, ie. More than just a couple points down. 

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #1469 on: December 24, 2018, 09:38:14 AM »
Interesting.