Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11792 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2022, 06:20:21 AM »
Gayle Benson needs to fire Dennis Allen yesterday

doomstation55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 913
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2022, 11:45:03 AM »
[quote author=doomstation55
Yeah that hurts, I know he's not young but I think at this point he's the kind of player who wins with his positioning and sense for how the play will develop as much as just running over or around his blocker so I think he's got a few good years left. It seems cheap but I know he was disgruntled before the season so I guess teams knew they could bid low. How's that rookie DE look? Ive only watched two bears games outside of rzc this year so I haven't had a chance to really get a look at any of the young guys besides Herbert.

Looked at your remaining schedule. Oof. At least you get the lions twice. Never underestimate the power of a good defense and a fairly weak division though.

Do you mean Kingsley Jonathan the undrafted guy? He’s been decent, they have young talent at DE and they do a good job rotating players in/out which keeps them fresh, their second half defense has been stellar.

And honestly a 4th round pick isn’t bad since he’s on an expiring contract anyways. There’s a lot of cap to work with too to resign Roquan and hopefully build in free agency next year.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #242 on: October 27, 2022, 10:37:53 PM »
First good tnf we've had all year. Brutal for injuries though

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2022, 12:46:31 AM »
First good tnf we've had all year. Brutal for injuries though

I don't know if it was the Amazon broadcast or just the vibe in the stadium in Tampa, but that game felt pretty flat despite being so close.
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2022, 03:50:58 AM »
I don’t get the opportunity to watch a whole lot of ravens games, but when I do I’m always amazed to watch Lamar Jackson’s ability to scramble out of the grasp of the defense like some sort of greased pig and end up with positive yardage.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2022, 09:21:18 AM »
I don’t get the opportunity to watch a whole lot of ravens games, but when I do I’m always amazed to watch Lamar Jackson’s ability to scramble out of the grasp of the defense like some sort of greased pig and end up with positive yardage.

Scramble god. He was slipping out of tackles like crazy

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2022, 11:46:25 AM »
I also saw that after this game Tom Brady is 2 games below .500 for the first time in his career.  Which is a pretty amazing stat.  Though I am ready for Brady to fuck off at this point.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2022, 12:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[quote author=doomstation55
Yeah that hurts, I know he's not young but I think at this point he's the kind of player who wins with his positioning and sense for how the play will develop as much as just running over or around his blocker so I think he's got a few good years left. It seems cheap but I know he was disgruntled before the season so I guess teams knew they could bid low. How's that rookie DE look? Ive only watched two bears games outside of rzc this year so I haven't had a chance to really get a look at any of the young guys besides Herbert.

Looked at your remaining schedule. Oof. At least you get the lions twice. Never underestimate the power of a good defense and a fairly weak division though.
[close]

Do you mean Kingsley Jonathan the undrafted guy? He’s been decent, they have young talent at DE and they do a good job rotating players in/out which keeps them fresh, their second half defense has been stellar.

And honestly a 4th round pick isn’t bad since he’s on an expiring contract anyways. There’s a lot of cap to work with too to resign Roquan and hopefully build in free agency next year.

Nah the kid you drafted from the MAC that's a converted wr... Robinson I think was his last name. I remember seeing him still on the board in the 5th and hoping he would drop to the 6th cuz we didn't have a 5th. The thought of Chase Claypool putting on 15 pounds of muscle and rushing the passer was fascinating to me haha. I don't know how much he's played but he was one of those weird stories that caught my eye during the draft.

I'm a big fan of converted wrs and qbs if only because of the temptation to use them for trick plays... I was begging the steelers to use Villanueva as a receiver for years before we finally did it, and then it worked perfectly (wide open for a td on a fake FG) so Mike Tomlin decided to never do it again. Amazing, hall of fame coach.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2022, 02:12:10 PM »
I also saw that after this game Tom Brady is 2 games below .500 for the first time in his career.  Which is a pretty amazing stat.  Though I am ready for Brady to fuck off at this point.

Same, the fact that he retired, had the entire sports media complex suck him off for being the best ever, only to unretire less than a month later is the most annoying shit ever. I'm ready for no more Tom

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2022, 03:43:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same, the fact that he retired, had the entire sports media complex suck him off for being the best ever, only to unretire less than a month later is the most annoying shit ever. I'm ready for no more Tom
Yeah should have rode off into the sunset after winning the sb in his first year in Tampa. Now he’s in the middle of a shitty season with his marriage falling apart.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah should have rode off into the sunset after winning the sb in his first year in Tampa. Now he’s in the middle of a shitty season with his marriage falling apart.

Those two things are very likely related. I know the narrative being pushed is that the divorce is because he went back to football but with how things played out I'm more inclined to believe its the opposite. Like they spent a few months trying the full time dad thing and realized that the distance is what made things work in the first place so at that point he might as well go back and try to play, especially after TB spread their cheeks so widely that they basically handed the team over to him.

That or Gisele realized she didn't want to spend 30 minutes every night watching Tom kiss the kids before bed.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 12:53:33 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2022, 12:30:36 AM »
Eagles might run the table... AJ is maybe the most physically dominant wr in the NFC right now. It's very difficult to make Minkah Fitzpatrick look average but he did that and more.

Hope you birds fans appreciate big number 97. Hargrave was one of my favorite players when he was here and I was so fucking pissed when we let him walk. Dude is a poor man's Aaron Donald, not a lot of players can put up sacks from the middle of the line.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »
@doomstation55 My condolences. Looks like you've got another long "rebuild" in the headlights. Smith was my favorite bear and now that he's gone to our mortal enemy I can't root for him anymore.

Seems way too cheap for an all-pro though. A 2, a 5, and AJ Klein? That's basically just a 2nd and some pocket change. Klein is a vet that will be out of the league in the next year or two, and since Baltimore is fucking good that 2nd is not likely to be a top 50 pick. So the ravens basically dumped a vet contract and got the best ILB in the league for a 2nd and a 5th. I know the new bears GM wants to make a splash and build a team to his "vision" but I feel like just paying Smith and building around him would have been the right move. This kinda feels like when Houston made Bill O'Brien GM and his grand plan was trading away all of their good young players.

I say that as a fan of a legendary defensive powerhouse that's been trying to replace our first round all pro ILB (Ryan Shazier) for the last 5 years now. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Literally the only thing that would give me any hesitation if I were the Ravens is that he's going to have to switch from 4-3 base to 3-4 base but I don't think it'll be a problem for someone as talented as Smith. It might even make him better.

Looks more and more like Cam Akers is going to just end up getting cut. No reason to give anything up in a trade if you can just sign him even cheaper once he's a free agent. Dumbass Akers is about to be the next Leveon Bell.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2022, 08:54:16 PM »
Joe Burrow is either a fraud or that O-Line hates him.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #254 on: November 01, 2022, 06:17:53 AM »
@doomstation55 My condolences. Looks like you've got another long "rebuild" in the headlights. Smith was my favorite bear and now that he's gone to our mortal enemy I can't root for him anymore.

Seems way too cheap for an all-pro though. A 2, a 5, and AJ Klein? That's basically just a 2nd and some pocket change. Klein is a vet that will be out of the league in the next year or two, and since Baltimore is fucking good that 2nd is not likely to be a top 50 pick. So the ravens basically dumped a vet contract and got the best ILB in the league for a 2nd and a 5th. I know the new bears GM wants to make a splash and build a team to his "vision" but I feel like just paying Smith and building around him would have been the right move. This kinda feels like when Houston made Bill O'Brien GM and his grand plan was trading away all of their good young players.

I say that as a fan of a legendary defensive powerhouse that's been trying to replace our first round all pro ILB (Ryan Shazier) for the last 5 years now. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Literally the only thing that would give me any hesitation if I were the Ravens is that he's going to have to switch from 4-3 base to 3-4 base but I don't think it'll be a problem for someone as talented as Smith. It might even make him better.

Looks more and more like Cam Akers is going to just end up getting cut. No reason to give anything up in a trade if you can just sign him even cheaper once he's a free agent. Dumbass Akers is about to be the next Leveon Bell.

Yeah, pretty disappointed to lose him and now our 2018 defense is down to Eddie Jackson pretty much. But he wanted to get paid and it sounds like things got soured over his new contract so at least we got something out of him before he walked in FA. Wasn't the first time with him either since he doesn't have an agent he was difficult to get to sign his rookie contract too....

I think with all the cap space the Bears have they'll build the offensive line in free agency, draft a WR and maybe sign another, and go for strong DL. Poles put them in a good position but needs to stick the landing next year.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: November 01, 2022, 06:33:48 AM »
I believe in Burrow, that O-line not so much.

Get hungry on it!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: November 01, 2022, 07:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I believe in Burrow, that O-line not so much.

That oline is fucking horrendous.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: November 01, 2022, 11:20:40 AM »
Holy shit, claypool to chi and hock to minn, the deadline is heating up

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2022, 11:43:24 AM »

Traded Hockenson within the division. I always look at that as an insult, like you’re not afraid of them coming back and going off.

We did that to Donovan McNabb.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2022, 11:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Traded Hockenson within the division. I always look at that as an insult, like you’re not afraid of them coming back and going off.

We did that to Donovan McNabb.

Common lions L

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #260 on: November 01, 2022, 11:47:20 AM »
Bradley Chubb to Miami too.

Trade deadline heating up!!!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: November 01, 2022, 11:50:54 AM »
Bradley Chubb to Miami too.

Trade deadline heating up!!!

Let's see if the Packers make a move (they probably won't)

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: November 01, 2022, 12:15:44 PM »
This excites me.  Vikings TE game was weak.

Get hungry on it!

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #263 on: November 01, 2022, 12:21:45 PM »
Calvin Ridley to AEW lol

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: November 01, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
Hines to Buffalo as well. Good move

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: November 01, 2022, 01:42:40 PM »
Hines to Buffalo as well. Good move

Buffalo's offense gets even more scary.

Get hungry on it!

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2022, 06:43:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, pretty disappointed to lose him and now our 2018 defense is down to Eddie Jackson pretty much. But he wanted to get paid and it sounds like things got soured over his new contract so at least we got something out of him before he walked in FA. Wasn't the first time with him either since he doesn't have an agent he was difficult to get to sign his rookie contract too....

I think with all the cap space the Bears have they'll build the offensive line in free agency, draft a WR and maybe sign another, and go for strong DL. Poles put them in a good position but needs to stick the landing next year.

I'm not sure a 2nd for Claypool is the way to start sticking that landing but we'll see.

The one thing that keeps me from hating it (besides the draft pick) is that Tomlin rarely fucks up WRs from an onfield perspective since that's what he was and knows. There's not a lot of WRs that leave Pittsburgh and suddenly become difference makers. The last hyped up young WR we traded was Martavis Bryant who underperformed and promptly dumbassed himself out of the league. Assessing and developing WRs might be the only good thing I actually trust Tomlin to not screw up.

Here's the book on him...He's got the physical tools (size, speed, strong hands, hard to tackle) but mentally he's inconsistent and half asses it a lot of plays. Also he has this really annoying habit of leaving his feet for balls that are thrown in his chest or head level even if there's no defender within 5 yards. As a result his YAC and overall yardage totals are lower than they should be and had at least a couple passes year that he'd pluck out of the air and lose control of when he hit the ground. If they can break that habit and teach him to catch and run in stride and keep his head in the game then he has DK potential. I honestly wish we would have Cordarelle'd him and lined him up in the backfield just to almost force him to run with the ball and use his size.

Hope it works out for you guys. He's a good kid and his ceiling is pretty crazy if you can get him there.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2022, 08:30:58 PM »
Happy Saturday Gents,

Know you’re not the biggest college football fans. Today one for the books. Alabama, Clemson, & #1 Tennessee  all lose, so happy. The SEC is the evil empire, confess to still watching. Instead of LSU Tigers going for PAT to force double overtime against Bama, they went for 2 point conversion for win! Love when fans storm the field. College ball intense. And 93,000 fans at Georgia game earlier. 

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2022, 09:07:04 PM »
Happy Saturday Gents,

Know you’re not the biggest college football fans. Today one for the books. Alabama, Clemson, & #1 Tennessee  all lose, so happy. The SEC is the evil empire, confess to still watching. Instead of LSU Tigers going for PAT to force double overtime against Bama, they went for 2 point conversion for win! Love when fans storm the field. College ball intense. And 93,000 fans at Georgia game earlier.

Big Ten > SEC

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #269 on: November 06, 2022, 02:23:07 AM »
Happy Saturday Gents,

I don't watch college football at all, are there any qbs who look like they could compete at the next level in this draft class? Watching qb play this year has me hoping for some more new blood