Author Topic: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark  (Read 56363 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Awkward Situations at the Skatepark
« Reply #180 on: February 04, 2021, 07:19:11 AM »
Said this earlier in the thread, but this thread makes me feel 100% justified in never skating at parks. Sounds as terrible as I imagine

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #181 on: February 04, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »
Andrew Allen sort of complimented a trick I did and I didn't hear him at first, so I looked over and realized he was talking to me and got flustered and don't remember what I said but I don't think I said thanks... Sorry Andrew, thanks!

For anyone wondering, the coolness factor is x10 in real life.

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #182 on: February 04, 2021, 09:37:36 AM »
Andrew Allen sort of complimented a trick I did and I didn't hear him at first, so I looked over and realized he was talking to me and got flustered and don't remember what I said but I don't think I said thanks... Sorry Andrew, thanks!

For anyone wondering, the coolness factor is x10 in real life.
if you called him a fucking poosey he might have mentioned you in an interview.

Brguy

« Reply #183 on: February 04, 2021, 09:53:54 AM »
There's this small bowl where I live which has a shape that is good for making 8s carving and 2 soccer courts by it's side with the fences broken out of taking so many balls to it with time (also because we cut one up to gap from a ramp to the court, but few balls get in there). So this guy was doing the 8 like a normal day and a ball flies out of the court and hits his head, that was already funny, but then the kid (like 8yo or something) comes to pickup the ball, looks at him going, kinda waits for the right time and straight up jumps on him mid carve, both came unscathed and it was the stupidest funniest thing I've seen there.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2021, 10:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote
"was that switch" "no"
[close]
Equivalent to are you pregnant?
Trust me, as someone who has kinda made that mistake, no it isn't even close
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Brguy

« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"was that switch" "no"
[close]
Equivalent to are you pregnant?
[close]
Trust me, as someone who has kinda made that mistake, no it isn't even close
Buzz kill.

horny

• Rep: -28
  • Member of Simps Losers And Pussies
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »
Trying to take bong rips at the park with scooter moms hovering around
I'm going to fuck every single person on earth some day

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1425
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
This was like 15 years ago but one afternoon I was at the park and it wasn't very crowded but there were two kids (maybe 12-14) on bikes endlessly looping around and cutting everyone else off. Eventually one of them rides right under me while I'm carving on a vert wall and I basically take a dive and slam hard in an effort to to not completely flatten this kid when I come down. The kid looks back and starts laughing at me and I yell "what the fuck?!?" but no reaction and I can't see a parent or guardian anywhere.

20 minutes later the same setup happens but I'm down the wall sooner and I shoot by board into the kid's spokes. Kid doesn't fall or anything but starts crying. I pick up my board and walked back on the deck and some skater says, "Yo, that kid is autistic, dude."

I felt like total shit. The kids went back to riding around in circles in short order but I couldn't even skate after that. I went and sat in my car and when I saw the kids leaving (they were still on bikes, riding well ahead of their guardian who had now materialized) I drove ahead of them and tossed a $20 out the window to assuage my conscience. I saw them pick it up and jump around in my rear view but when I told my girlfriend about it she was like "that's something a creep would do."

Awkward.

awkward skatepark gold.

super wack that the guardian wasn't paying attention too.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

drewSTEADMAN

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2021, 02:36:43 PM »
Once i went to a skatepark in a city that i had never been to before. I went alone and didn't know anyone there. There was this guy that was skating really good. He looked really good on his board and was doing both teck manual tricks and skating the transitions really well. Anyways, he landed a bs smith bs flip out on the ledge and i gave him props. He seemed like a cool down to earth guy so i asked him if he wanted to go get lunch. He said he was vegetarian, i lied and said i was too and i knew a good vegetarian restaurant not too far away,( which was a complete lie). Anyways we get in my car and we get going. We were just leaving the city and entering the country when he started acting nervous and weird, he kept asking where the place was, and i kept saying not far. I was actually takeing him to my house where i was going to make him dinner. that was the plan in my head anyway. after driving for about 45 mins he must have txted the cops because i was pulled over. The guy got out of the car so fast and got into the police cruise and took off with the cop. I wasn't fined or anything, which is good, but it kinda sucked because i was looking forward to our dinner date

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2021, 02:49:28 PM »
Once i went to a skatepark in a city that i had never been to before. I went alone and didn't know anyone there. There was this guy that was skating really good. He looked really good on his board and was doing both teck manual tricks and skating the transitions really well. Anyways, he landed a bs smith bs flip out on the ledge and i gave him props. He seemed like a cool down to earth guy so i asked him if he wanted to go get lunch. He said he was vegetarian, i lied and said i was too and i knew a good vegetarian restaurant not too far away,( which was a complete lie). Anyways we get in my car and we get going. We were just leaving the city and entering the country when he started acting nervous and weird, he kept asking where the place was, and i kept saying not far. I was actually takeing him to my house where i was going to make him dinner. that was the plan in my head anyway. after driving for about 45 mins he must have txted the cops because i was pulled over. The guy got out of the car so fast and got into the police cruise and took off with the cop. I wasn't fined or anything, which is good, but it kinda sucked because i was looking forward to our dinner date

You’re fucked in the head

greenreese

• Rep: 25
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2021, 02:54:30 PM »
One time I saw this fat guy going fucking hawg wyld on the mini ramp.  Like 20 different tricks back to back to back to back.  Every single trick looked like he was trying to kick the board away into outer space.  Somehow it would boomerang back and he would land it sketchy as fuck and immediately go straight into blasting something else off the other side.  Fucking mesmerizing. 

Then this other time I dropped a railroad track on my friends cellphone.

drewSTEADMAN

« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok. I'm going to be honest with you. I made that whole story up, just to fuck with people. I understand it was wrong and I'm sorry if I upset you.  I wish you the best.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2021, 03:59:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ok. I'm going to be honest with you. I made that whole story up, just to fuck with people. I understand it was wrong and I'm sorry if I upset you.  I wish you the best.
haha

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »
John Wayne Gacy doing layback grinds on a mini

bsfive-obs180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2021, 03:34:09 PM »
One time I was at noho park trying a trick down the hubba. The park was pretty much empty maybe 2-3 people there. A couple tries in T-Funk comes over and sits down on the ground right next to where i'm standing for the run up. He doesn't say a word and doesn't give off the vibe he's trying to chat. I try the trick like 20 times and get worked a few times in the process. The whole time he just sat there watching me in silence. It was kinda dope but also awkward. After that I would see him at the park from time to time, sometimes he would come up to me and ask if i had any papers. Baker baker

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #195 on: February 06, 2021, 03:20:25 AM »
One time I was at noho park trying a trick down the hubba. The park was pretty much empty maybe 2-3 people there. A couple tries in T-Funk comes over and sits down on the ground right next to where i'm standing for the run up. He doesn't say a word and doesn't give off the vibe he's trying to chat. I try the trick like 20 times and get worked a few times in the process. The whole time he just sat there watching me in silence. It was kinda dope but also awkward. After that I would see him at the park from time to time, sometimes he would come up to me and ask if i had any papers. Baker baker

Paper paper

biggerdave

• Rep: -23
« Reply #196 on: February 06, 2021, 09:44:53 AM »
I was in Oakville ON, in 98 (or 99??) and I bailed right on my tailbone coming down this pyramid. Right after, Mark Appleyard nollie heelflip noseslid down it right over me. I felt very awkward..
#freedrewSTEADMAN

Petes friend Slimer

« Reply #197 on: February 06, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »
I was in Oakville ON, in 98 (or 99??) and I bailed right on my tailbone coming down this pyramid. Right after, Mark Appleyard nollie heelflip noseslid down it right over me. I felt very awkward..

You're an OG! Wasn't Mark's style sick as hell...even as a kid??? Mark would have been stoked to share a sesh with you I bet!
#freedrewSTEADMAN

biggerdave

• Rep: -23
« Reply #198 on: February 06, 2021, 11:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Chocolate Tour had just come out and that was Koston's big trick climax in his part. It blew out heads! It was only about a week later that Mark did his and it was bigger, better, and smoother. It was ridik.

You're an OG! Wasn't Mark's style sick as hell...even as a kid??? Mark would have been stoked to share a sesh with you I bet!
#freedrewSTEADMAN

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2021, 03:47:12 AM »
Beginning of pandemic. Was skating the only ledge at an empty skatepark. Grandma comes to watch scooter grandson and sits at end of ledge. Slightly annoyed I just start skating the ledge going the other way. She asks me to skate something else and I point out that I was skating the ledge long before she sat down on it. She went in to an angry tirade about how she has rights and has every right to sit on that public skatepark ledge. I told her I had every right to skate that ledge and that really made her mad. She started screaming about if I hit her with my board, she’s calling the cops and suing. I said don’t worry, no one would want to get within 10 feet of you anyway. She started to freak out a little more but her grandson called her out and told her to relax and move but she refused. There were benches in the grass within 10 feet. She just had to sit on the ledge to spite me.

I've experienced this exact situation before.

Why would you want to sit on a rotten waxed skatepark ledge Anyway when there's normal seats close by
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2021, 04:04:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Beginning of pandemic. Was skating the only ledge at an empty skatepark. Grandma comes to watch scooter grandson and sits at end of ledge. Slightly annoyed I just start skating the ledge going the other way. She asks me to skate something else and I point out that I was skating the ledge long before she sat down on it. She went in to an angry tirade about how she has rights and has every right to sit on that public skatepark ledge. I told her I had every right to skate that ledge and that really made her mad. She started screaming about if I hit her with my board, she’s calling the cops and suing. I said don’t worry, no one would want to get within 10 feet of you anyway. She started to freak out a little more but her grandson called her out and told her to relax and move but she refused. There were benches in the grass within 10 feet. She just had to sit on the ledge to spite me.
[close]

Why would you want to sit on a rotten waxed skatepark ledge Anyway when there's normal seats close by

Although truthfully, they are doing the exact same thing that skaters do in public. Get in people’s way by reappropriating architecture for their own needs and then getting uppity when people tell them to knock it off.

Props to the grandma for acting more like a street skater than 99% of skaters in the park.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:48:54 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2021, 04:22:10 AM »
Has to be some good opinions on here.

For me, I cant get over feeling awkward when I land something at the park and strangers are giving props.  I immediately subconsciously go into "took long enough" mode or act tired then get a drink of water.  One time I pointed at the guy banging his board on the ground, felt like a douche bag after.

Obviously skating with buddies is different but I skate solo a lot these days so I run into this issue sometimes on the occasions when i actually land something.  Plus I judge people when they get over-hyped over landing their own trick, unless they really had to battle for it i guess.
Are you serious? Now you want people to mask their emotions?

Boog

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2021, 04:26:07 AM »
Expand Quote
everytime I go to the park in the PM, exactly why I turned into an AM warrior and slide out around 11 when the heshers are rolling in
[close]

Yewww just hellride brother (tosses pbr down) one love but yo get the FUCK outta my way while Me n the boyz front slash the entire QP n indiscriminately snake, we’re just cruising tho ahaa yewwww shout-out Tinder, aYao ya good doggy? u got a stoge?
Omg I just envisioned Pedro Delfino doing all of this

Boog

« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2021, 04:37:16 AM »
im 100% the "yeooowwwW" yelling guy to just about anything. to me, it may be a subconscious way to make things NOT awkward. id rather acknowledge people over ignoring them and skate like theyre not there. plus im always stoked. i love skateboarding what can i say
Yes I would rather someone be stoked on my skating then cool guy me whenever I give props. That shits wack.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2021, 05:54:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Although truthfully, they are doing the exact same thing that skaters do in public. Get in people’s way by reappropriating architecture for their own needs and then getting uppity when people tell them to knock it off.

Props to the grandma for acting more like a street skater than 99% of skaters in the park.

Ha good point.

It's literally a taste of our own medicine.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2021, 04:03:57 PM »
When I'm trying to introduce myself and make a friend and he just pulls an earpod from under his beanie and says 'huh?'
Yeah I’m too tired to bother if I see headphones in. That shit is kooky if my board clips you and you have ear buds in then it’s your fault.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2021, 07:11:41 PM »
my ex was cat sitting for a friend who lived a few blocks away from this little skatepark i hadnt been to. i was out visiting and went to check it out but there were cops crawling all over the park so i went back into the city. turns out they were going csi on the place cause this abysmal situation had played out the day before.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/langley-teen-skate-park-overdose-1.5242582

I’m sorry, this is the awkward situations at the skatepark thread; you’re going to have to repost this in the skatepark waking nightmares thread.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »
I had a phase when I was semi comfortable dropping in on vert ramps. I wasn't having actual vert sessions, it was more like I'd drop in and try to get a few scratchers whenever I was at a park with a vert ramp.

This went on for a while until one time I was skating the 13 foot halfpipe at the old X-Park in Philly which was worn, dusty skatelite as slippery as glass. One time I drop in and when I reached the flat my board just slipped out sideways. I fall, slide on my back and a seam cuts my elbow and leaves a nickel sized chunk of skin hanging by a thread.

The next time I go back I want to drop in again but I'm kinda rattled and I'm hesitating at the top. Chris Cole is wearing full pads trying to learn some vert and he's down at the bottom and looks up at me and shakes his head and says "I don't know man [that you should be trying that]."

I probably looked like an older dude trying to learn how to drop in for the first time (as opposed to a veteran novice with <20 drop ins under my belt). Anyway, I don't feel like slamming in front of him after he told me so and I sheepishly slide down to the flat. I eventually dropped in on that fucking thing one last time on a later trip but that was the beginning of the end of my "let's learn vert at 32 phase".

lucascbn

• Rep: 21
  • #maconha
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »
Every time that I'm trying something on some obstacle and a total stranger asks (outta nowhere) if I want to play skate and I dunno how to recuse it respectfully:

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2021, 01:51:16 PM »
Every time that I'm trying something on some obstacle and a total stranger asks (outta nowhere) if I want to play skate and I dunno how to recuse it respectfully:

Hes probably just looking for an excuse to socialize and make a friend