Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419772 times)

buttchin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #210 on: April 13, 2022, 11:09:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
after thinking about it for a while i've decided that skate youtubers are bad. gifted hater almost made me reconsider, but watching all the adult humans in this thread argue about him for 7 pages has reaffirmed my initial suspicions. please remind me of this if you ever see me giving ::) a fuck about youtube drama again.
[close]

I can honestly side with you on the fact that some youtubers and most skate monotized youtubers are toxic and literal influencers for little kids and the “mean girls-esque” skateboarders ??? of the world today. I wont chime in on this bullocks drama between some unknown influencer entitled brats anymore. Just my opinion
[close]

2late BB ur already in the sauce

Hahaha youre right, I’ll take that roast. I am a hypocrite and only human, what can i say ::)

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #211 on: April 13, 2022, 11:29:41 AM »
GH deleted his twitch account midstream yesterday, i wasn’t really paying attention so im not sure why, but it seemed quite sudden.

https://twitch.tv/1800nipples

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #212 on: April 13, 2022, 12:37:27 PM »
GH deleted his twitch account midstream yesterday, i wasn’t really paying attention so im not sure why, but it seemed quite sudden.

https://twitch.tv/1800nipples

i don't know what happened either but it looks like he renamed his channel

hi,am new here

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: April 13, 2022, 01:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
I can honestly side with you on the fact that some youtubers and most skate monotized youtubers are toxic and literal influencers for little kids and the “mean girls-esque” skateboarders of the world today. I wont chime in on this bullocks drama between some unknown influencer entitled brats anymore. Just my opinion
[close]

word, so ya'll both came to this thread to establish an opinion of:

"yeah bro, skate youtube bad bc mean and adult men watch. I refuse to comment even tho i navigated to this thread to directly comment"

aiight lol
not exactly. first i came into the thread to catch up on the recent drama and offer my opinion. then after thinking about it for while i eventually changed my mind and posted again to share my new opinion.  :)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: gifted hater vs dumb data
« Reply #214 on: April 13, 2022, 04:52:05 PM »
I feel like people with this mindset are the worst type of person imaginable to have an impressionable audience

Even worse than Hitler?  Damn dude.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 867
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2022, 08:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel like people with this mindset are the worst type of person imaginable to have an impressionable audience
[close]

Imagine if Hitler was in 2022 and was just a YouTuber making dumb videos making fun of Jews etc like GH.
"Polish people are like dumb (insert meme and sound effect)"

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #216 on: April 13, 2022, 08:54:48 PM »
Gifted Hater's path is a strange and difficult one.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #217 on: April 13, 2022, 09:57:28 PM »
Feels like he just has a gripe with Jason Dill. Some of the discussion/points just seemed lazy.

I'm far from Jason's biggest fan, and I haven't bought anything from FA in years, but I will say I am thankful for his presence in skateboarding. He's a character that could only come from Skateboarding.

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #218 on: April 13, 2022, 11:04:54 PM »
Expand Quote
That FA episode rules. Dill is the bane of my existence
[close]
Only little gripe is he cherry picked out dills VHS mag thing to demonstrate him doing his weird guy persona. It's a Japanese mag literally everyone sounds stunted when they do those interviews. Otherwise yeah bazinga

it’s also from 2010 b4 most of the kids on fa were born

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #219 on: April 13, 2022, 11:24:21 PM »
I like GH but i feel like discussing FA's branding with an interview Dill did 10 years ago isn't a good way to measure its current success

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

bssmithslide

• Rep: -41
« Reply #220 on: April 14, 2022, 05:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hitlers actually an example of what happens when one of these people have the opportunity to manipulate people on a mass scale.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #221 on: April 14, 2022, 11:08:42 AM »
This is basically a GH fan thread now

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2022, 11:45:35 AM »
This is basically a GH fan thread now

If Lifted Tater didn't win I was about to unsub hahaha

GH: "It's not his fault. He's on Krux and a Braille board. What chance did he have?"

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2022, 11:50:17 AM »
From a video perspective, I always felt that when the FA and Quasi dudes left Alien, they helped themselves to the aesthetic on the way out the door. Even if Mike Hill wasn't solely responsible for the feel of Photosynthesis, Mind Field, Cinematographer etc., those were all children of Memory Screen.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 05:22:36 PM by Robert Baratheon »

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #224 on: April 14, 2022, 01:07:12 PM »
From a video perspective, I always felt that when the FA and Quasi dudes left Alien, they helped themselves to the aesthetic on the way out the door. Even if Mike Hill wasn't solely responsible for the feel of Photosynthesis, Mind Field, Cinematographers etc., those were all children of Memory Screen.

That's why Quasi kinda rubs me the wrong way

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2022, 01:41:17 PM »
Seeing youtubers outside their little box in their bedroom where they just narrate stuff is so weird. Uncanny valley when you see them moving around in the real world.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
From a video perspective, I always felt that when the FA and Quasi dudes left Alien, they helped themselves to the aesthetic on the way out the door. Even if Mike Hill wasn't solely responsible for the feel of Photosynthesis, Mind Field, Cinematographers etc., those were all children of Memory Screen.
[close]

That's why Quasi kinda rubs me the wrong way
What got me was I always thought Jake, Tyler, and Gilbert owned it with Chad and they just let him run the brand so they can skate. When I learned it’s just Chad that owns it I didn’t see why I had to support. I loved the end of AWS and yes he was the team manager but to me it was Benny Maglinao and Ave/Dill that made that brand what it was at the end.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2022, 07:10:58 PM »
I got annoyed when he started making the artwork comparisons between Dash Snow and current FA graphics. I don’t care about FA personally, but they obviously utilize other artists to help design graphics (it’s not all Dill’s artwork). Also, comparing collage work to collage work, one is bound to find some similarity. Leave the art comparisons to someone who knows what the hell they’re talking about. This is where opinion crosses over into know-it-all-ism.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2022, 07:28:06 PM »
Sometimes I find some of his takes amusing, but at the end of the day I just don't think the internet needs another person taking up bits and pixels to point out the bad in things. Blindboy said it best that "Twitter is a video game where the goal is to come up with the meanest insult" or something similar and I think GH is basically that. Feedback was sorta amusing in a parody sense a lot of the times, but sometimes was in this vein as well. I think it is amusing that a skater that talks about inclusiveness and stuff spends most of his time tacitly ripping on other skaters. Like, we know Nyjah is a jock and it's not really adding anything to skating to have yet another avenue where his antics are talked about.

waffle

• Rep: 126
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2022, 08:38:24 PM »
Sometimes I find some of his takes amusing, but at the end of the day I just don't think the internet needs another person taking up bits and pixels to point out the bad in things. Blindboy said it best that "Twitter is a video game where the goal is to come up with the meanest insult" or something similar and I think GH is basically that. Feedback was sorta amusing in a parody sense a lot of the times, but sometimes was in this vein as well. I think it is amusing that a skater that talks about inclusiveness and stuff spends most of his time tacitly ripping on other skaters. Like, we know Nyjah is a jock and it's not really adding anything to skating to have yet another avenue where his antics are talked about.

Basically the entire cast of that Vent City podcast, of which I believe GH is associated (?).

Talking shit is fine, don’t get me wrong, but at some age most people mature past the desire to produce/ingest content that’s negative-for-the-sake-of-being-negative.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2022, 09:32:38 PM »
Just watched the FA video and my wife said “what are you watching this guy has the most annoying voice of all time”

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2022, 03:48:02 AM »
Just watched the FA video and my wife said “what are you watching this guy has the most annoying voice of all time”

Didn’t you just say how pointless it is to talk about negative things on the internet?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2022, 05:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn’t you just say how pointless it is to talk about negative things on the internet?

LOL what a turn of events

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2022, 06:20:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Basically the entire cast of that Vent City podcast, of which I believe GH is associated (?).

Talking shit is fine, don’t get me wrong, but at some age most people mature past the desire to produce/ingest content that’s negative-for-the-sake-of-being-negative.

seems like both of you missed feedback's point by a lot

LebowskisRug

« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2022, 07:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As an American I also practice hypocrisy stunningly well. Fucking owned myself there!

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #235 on: April 15, 2022, 09:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

As an American I also practice hypocrisy stunningly well. Fucking owned myself there!

@aceattorneycourtbot render

:D

waffle

• Rep: 126
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

seems like both of you missed feedback's point by a lot

Right, us and the university that allegedly fired him.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2022, 01:27:41 PM »
In case anybody urgently needs more GH content, here's about 14 hours on this channel

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1345
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2022, 09:33:47 PM »