Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419808 times)

Ray C. Usery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #2610 on: April 20, 2023, 04:46:31 PM »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #2611 on: April 20, 2023, 04:58:03 PM »
Yeah, I don’t know what happened there. It said I timed out. Either way, good lookin out, bb!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #2612 on: April 20, 2023, 05:03:42 PM »
Yeah, I don’t know what happened there. It said I timed out. Either way, good lookin out, bb!

handmade pasta will have that effect on people

slimvanilla

« Reply #2613 on: April 20, 2023, 07:16:38 PM »
Pasta related fun:

Sphagett got that Max Palmer cut

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #2614 on: April 21, 2023, 12:42:06 AM »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

fredsgayoutfit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2615 on: April 29, 2023, 02:45:03 PM »
I was a fan at first, but like Icarus, he’s flying too close to sun. Feels like he is trying to pivot to being a sponsored skater. I’m not interested in a hungry am cloaked as a critic. Brand deal/allegiance discredits him for me.

As for the mac, kraft and add shredded cheese or no lie… velveeta shells are a dark horse.

adam22savage

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2616 on: April 29, 2023, 02:50:33 PM »
I was a fan at first, but like Icarus, he’s flying too close to sun. Feels like he is trying to pivot to being a sponsored skater. I’m not interested in a hungry am cloaked as a critic. Brand deal/allegiance discredits him for me.

As for the mac, kraft and add shredded cheese or no lie… velveeta shells are a dark horse.
its like that movie The Last Big Thing when it's revealed the zinester who heckles comedians and shits on aspiring actors was in fact aspirational too at one time.

switchfakie

« Reply #2617 on: April 29, 2023, 04:39:38 PM »

cant blame him though, i think its every skaters dream to be sponsored->am->pro

im not even a fan, but i get it tho

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #2618 on: April 29, 2023, 06:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t know every skater so I couldnt say but seems like the elusive “box” may get the better of him. What I’m getting at is the takes have been mostly hot and in favor of the public and truth as he sees it. The more sponsors the more watered down it will become. He’s not gonna shit where he eats so to speak. I liked that he had no allegiance to any brand, no gods no masters.

As for Mac and cheese,  just looked it up and velveeta is owned by Kraft. Case closed.

switchfakie

« Reply #2619 on: April 29, 2023, 09:53:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t know every skater so I couldnt say but seems like the elusive “box” may get the better of him. What I’m getting at is the takes have been mostly hot and in favor of the public and truth as he sees it. The more sponsors the more watered down it will become. He’s not gonna shit where he eats so to speak. I liked that he had no allegiance to any brand, no gods no masters.

As for Mac and cheese,  just looked it up and velveeta is owned by Kraft. Case closed.

jokes on you, i know every skater in the world

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #2620 on: April 30, 2023, 07:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

“Congratulations” said Brian Dicamillo to a sleeping Ryan Dunn before smearing poop on his face

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2621 on: April 30, 2023, 07:40:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Let me run this by you:  I understand what you’re saying about the human tendency towards losing objectivity once they have a conflict of interest, but it could just be the case that he legitimately doesn’t have anything controversial or interesting to say about any of the companies that hook him up.  What scandal or intrigue has there been from Sci-Fi or Last Resort for him to criticize? 

For what it’s worth, I remember him talking a good amount of shit on Real graphics at the same time that they were sending him boards.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2622 on: April 30, 2023, 07:59:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Let me run this by you:  I understand what you’re saying about the human tendency towards losing objectivity once they have a conflict of interest, but it could just be the case that he legitimately doesn’t have anything controversial or interesting to say about any of the companies that hook him up.  What scandal or intrigue has there been from Sci-Fi or Last Resort for him to criticize? 

For what it’s worth, I remember him talking a good amount of shit on Real graphics at the same time that they were sending him boards.

I think the argument is less that he isn't going to be sufficiently critical of his sponsors and more that, now that he has access to the inner workings of the skateboard industry and the pros he used to critique, he will temper his opinions.

Which is probably true, I don't care. He's an entertainer, and if he memes himself into a career as a professional skateboarder than more power to him.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #2623 on: April 30, 2023, 08:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the argument is less that he isn't going to be sufficiently critical of his sponsors and more that, now that he has access to the inner workings of the skateboard industry and the pros he used to critique, he will temper his opinions.

Which is probably true, I don't care. He's an entertainer, and if he memes himself into a career as a professional skateboarder than more power to him.

Yes, thank you for the assist. This is what I was getting at and I agree with you.

“Only time will tell if it was time well-spent” - Jimmy Buffet

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #2624 on: April 30, 2023, 08:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes, thank you for the assist. This is what I was getting at and I agree with you.

“Only time will tell if it was time well-spent” - Jimmy Buffet

Gnarred for jimmy buffet quote
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2625 on: April 30, 2023, 09:24:52 AM »
That Buffet quote has a Yogi Berra-esque quality to it

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1147
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2626 on: April 30, 2023, 10:08:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I understand why someone would assume that to be the case; but I’m pointing out that I don’t think there’s any actual evidence for what you’re claiming.  As a fellow disinterested observer, I’ll happily admit to being wrong if you have any.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #2627 on: April 30, 2023, 10:21:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I understand why someone would assume that to be the case; but I’m pointing out that I don’t think there’s any actual evidence for what you’re claiming.  As a fellow disinterested observer, I’ll happily admit to being wrong if you have any.

This a lot of writing but very little to do with mac and cheese, so I’m confused.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2628 on: April 30, 2023, 10:25:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

“Congratulations” said Brian Dicamillo to a sleeping Ryan Dunn before smearing poop on his face

Legit cannot hear/say/read the word “congratulations” without hearing it in Dico’s voice and the way he said it  lmfao. That is so burnt into my brain.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2629 on: April 30, 2023, 11:17:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

cool
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2630 on: May 02, 2023, 08:09:25 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2631 on: May 02, 2023, 09:03:15 PM »
he was talking about someone’s pants in that calling them 44’s, what are those?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 867
« Reply #2632 on: May 02, 2023, 09:33:09 PM »
he was talking about someone’s pants in that calling them 44’s, what are those?
Size 44s maybe

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 782
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image

nothing's been the since same

Banned from the room

« Reply #2634 on: May 03, 2023, 09:20:01 AM »
You know what might be good?

Mac and cheese omelette. I'd put sauteed orange peppers and sweet onions on top. Perhaps some mushrooms too

fredsgayoutfit

« Reply #2635 on: May 03, 2023, 11:04:33 AM »
To be honest I cannot stand peppers in an omelette but conceptually Mac and cheese omelette is genius so I’ll just order mine without peppers please

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #2636 on: May 10, 2023, 01:26:13 PM »

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2637 on: May 10, 2023, 01:33:22 PM »

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2638 on: May 10, 2023, 01:54:41 PM »

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #2639 on: May 10, 2023, 01:57:16 PM »
You know what might be good?

Mac and cheese omelette. I'd put sauteed orange peppers and sweet onions on top. Perhaps some mushrooms too

Francine Smith makes a mean Mac & Cheese omelette.
Do you get deja vu, huh?