Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419754 times)

RayLaFleur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3840 on: February 01, 2024, 02:35:26 PM »
Gabagool ouver'eere

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #3841 on: February 01, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »
God damn y’all are making me hungeez

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #3842 on: February 01, 2024, 03:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
My buddy taught me my favourite  pasta recipe but it's only simple at first glance and more for advanced cooks I'd say. Needs a lot of good timing. It's Pasta al Limoni which he calls Pasta Alimony because it got him laid so much - yeah I take my recipes from him, not the jokes...

Basically cook Pasta and meanwhile slooowly heat a bunch of chopped garlic in oil in a pan, once the garlic aromas are releasing, chuck in chilis as per your degree of masochism, and shortly after add at least one entire lemon's grated zest, better make it 1.5 and just a squeeze of lemon juice. Only let that warm up shortly then ladle in a couple swigs of the Pasta water and take off the heat. Strain the pasta just before al dente and chuck it into the sauce in the pan and stir it, really folding the pasta over on itself. After a minute or two when it's not steaming anymore and the pasta has taken in some of the liquid, put in a solid (half a standard wedge) amount of grated Parmiggiano and keep stirring to mix it all together until the sauce and cheese have mixed and soaked into the pasta so its creamy covered. Serve immediately with some fresh pepper, salt and a touch more parmigiano on top. There are loads of more complicated varieties of this dish but nothing hits the spot quite like this one when all the ingredients are just the right quality and made just right. Heaven
[close]

proper emulsification is easier said than done.it takes lots of practice to master such "simple" recipes. that's where some japanese culinary philosophy and italian cooking have some overlap.
Your friend's pasta recipe sounds great, something similar would be cacio e pepe or alio e oglio. at first glance super simple, but so much potential for perfection and depth. love those recipes. A proper carbonara would also fall in such category.

fuck, now I'm hungry again

Yeah proper emulsified recipes are super hard. Cacio e Pepe scares the shit out of me after trying it once.

I'm currently working on nailing fettucine carbonara. Getting that egg temp and timing perfect.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3843 on: February 01, 2024, 06:33:30 PM »
Aglio e Olio is simple on paper but the parsley we get here isn't great, I need to start getting groceries at the better super market. I should start buying better quality ingredients.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #3844 on: February 01, 2024, 10:39:45 PM »
Aglio e Olio is simple on paper but the parsley we get here isn't great, I need to start getting groceries at the better super market. I should start buying better quality ingredients.

Have no real proof, but I feel that parsley in aglio e olio is a rather new version. I think it’s taste great with parsley, but I grew up with a version that has no parsley in it.
To me pasta, olive oil, garlic and peperoncini is all you need.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1642
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #3845 on: February 01, 2024, 11:03:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have no real proof, but I feel that parsley in aglio e olio is a rather new version. I think it’s taste great with parsley, but I grew up with a version that has no parsley in it.

I have never made this dish before and you have me intrigued. How are pepperoncinis used? Finely minced and included with the garlic or is the juice used similar to how lemon juice is added to the dish?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #3846 on: February 01, 2024, 11:05:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah parsley isn't traditional as far as I know... I think it went from garnish to ingredient.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3847 on: February 02, 2024, 01:12:22 AM »
The OG version is only 4 ingredients - pasta, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes

Like it was already mentioned in the above chat the protein was a separate dish from the pasta, may break out the airfryer to get a salmon fillet in there.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3848 on: February 02, 2024, 01:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I have never made this dish before and you have me intrigued. How are pepperoncinis used? Finely minced and included with the garlic or is the juice used similar to how lemon juice is added to the dish?

here you go:
prepare all ingredients before hand - otherwise it might get a little stressful, or you miss the proper moment.
  • Cut garlic in slice (2-4 cloves for 250 grams of pasta - preferably long ones like spaghetti)
  • mince some peperoncini (depending on how much heat you like - don't overdo it - aim for medium hot)
  • Bring salt water to a boil and heat your pan with a good amount of olive oil (more than you'd use usually)
  • while the pasta is cooking, sauté the garlic on medium heat. The garlic mustn't brown. You only want to soften it.
  • Add a half a ladle of pasta water to the garlic olive oil mix and throw in the peperoncini
  • A minute before the pasta is al dente, toos it into the pan. MAybe add a little bit of pasta wate
  • stirr well until pasta is done

some like to add the parmesan already at the stage, where they combine pasta and oil/garlic to make a more creamy sauce. I personally like it with fresh paersam on top leaving the pasta in a more oily state to bring out the olive oil more.

that's it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #3849 on: February 02, 2024, 04:13:14 AM »
my scampi recipe that i made for my kids to help me cook

https://swamp-flight-4e7.notion.site/Shrimp-Scampi-1fe220830e03440f8d2aab46afd7fc18

WavyDavy

• Rep: 125
« Reply #3850 on: February 02, 2024, 05:41:50 AM »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3851 on: February 07, 2024, 07:28:04 PM »

KrisJolson

« Reply #3852 on: February 07, 2024, 08:50:12 PM »
solid review. he def was a little soft on a couple of these dudes. especially the tom k looking guy but whatever. pretty on point

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #3853 on: February 08, 2024, 04:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
my scampi recipe that i made for my kids to help me cook

https://swamp-flight-4e7.notion.site/Shrimp-Scampi-1fe220830e03440f8d2aab46afd7fc18
[close]

That adress looks really sus

it’s a notion page. Easiest way I know to throw together and share a web page

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3854 on: February 08, 2024, 09:53:48 AM »
solid review. he def was a little soft on a couple of these dudes. especially the tom k looking guy but whatever. pretty on point

Really surprised he didn't mention Neckface at all. You could tell he wanted to say more about Casper but held back lol

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3855 on: February 08, 2024, 10:53:39 AM »

Only watched half of it, but some takes were so obviously baiting, I found it rather boring: Comparing Elissa to Ace Pelka, that stupid joke about Zion‘s Lou Reed, his weird fixation on the nose grinds in this video, the max / Gustavo Ribiero comparison. All of that was pretty meh.
The part about the perspectives of young people in the current state of capitalism was surprising in a positive way

SelenaGlomez

• Rep: 13
« Reply #3856 on: February 08, 2024, 11:00:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really surprised he didn't mention Neckface at all. You could tell he wanted to say more about Casper but held back lol

I thought some of his points about casper were pretty spot on. I hope he manages to cut some of the filler for his next part cause I think that really held him back.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #3857 on: February 08, 2024, 11:07:50 AM »
The part about the perspectives of young people in the current state of capitalism was surprising in a positive way

Literally describes the Smith/Marx tendency of the rate of profit to fall presumably without an exposure to the academic concept. I guess it's something young people can just feel, at this point.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

heinzketchup

• Rep: 57
« Reply #3858 on: February 08, 2024, 11:31:48 AM »
The stuff he says about caspers lines at south bank ist stupid, fs tail fakie, fakie Flip, sw shuv is so sick going mach 10

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3859 on: February 08, 2024, 11:39:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Literally describes the Smith/Marx tendency of the rate of profit to fall presumably without an exposure to the academic concept. I guess it's something young people can just feel, at this point.
yeah sure. no disagreement here – i was just surprised to hear it as bluntly, since he usually doesn't comment much on stuff outside skating without resorting to some ironic take/perspective

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 12:46:54 PM by yghartsyrt »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #3860 on: February 08, 2024, 12:29:37 PM »
The stuff he says about caspers lines at south bank ist stupid, fs tail fakie, fakie Flip, sw shuv is so sick going mach 10

That and he didn't like BODs switch suski grind starting off the part? That was cool as hell

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3861 on: February 08, 2024, 12:46:19 PM »
If that dude manualled between the ledge and the stairs at Southbank instead of doing dumb little flips it would have been sick.

Baker and Deathwish are pretty imageless now which is weird. I always found their team wide dress up / cosplay vibes kinda corny but after watching this I kinda miss it.

Merging their style into aligning with Supreme is as boring as it could get and seems a bit ‘hello fellow kids’

Banned from the room

« Reply #3862 on: February 08, 2024, 03:12:18 PM »
GH take on bhdw2 music is not great.

Those kids should not pay any attention to them comments.

If I worked for the Boss and he gave me any of those tracks I would fully understand that the Boss must love my part to bless like that.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #3863 on: February 08, 2024, 04:02:09 PM »
Joa’s right it definitely needed more 100 gecs.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #3864 on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:03 PM »
Y’all acting as if Casper brooker edited his own part.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #3865 on: February 08, 2024, 06:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah sure. no disagreement here – i was just surprised to hear it as bluntly, since he usually doesn't comment much on stuff outside skating without resorting to some ironic take/perspective

I thought this part was cringe as hell and just patently false, those kids are just following trend cycles and mixing the style of current day rappers with the y2k/indie sleaze aesthetic that has had a revival. Other than that it's ironic dejection at best, the hopelesness of capital/present day america doesnt rly explain the scores of rich kids that dress like this too. He's hanging around Ryan Lay too much and wants to act like he can have takes that are in any way bigger than putting on an english accent to make fun of tom knox.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3866 on: February 08, 2024, 11:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought this part was cringe as hell and just patently false, those kids are just following trend cycles and mixing the style of current day rappers with the y2k/indie sleaze aesthetic that has had a revival. Other than that it's ironic dejection at best, the hopelesness of capital/present day america doesnt rly explain the scores of rich kids that dress like this too. He's hanging around Ryan Lay too much and wants to act like he can have takes that are in any way bigger than putting on an english accent to make fun of tom knox.

i agree with the last part about Ryan Lay.
With the statement in general: indoor think that is was cringe. I’m old. A hug part of my life was carefree - even the Cold War was basically more a scary nighttime store by the time ingot old enough to care about. Younger people (up until 30 maybe) these days have a way darker perspective. Climate change, late stage capitalism, the general political landscape, I don’t dare to judge about how they deal with all that shit. And frankly, I’m too out of touch to really think i understand the minutiae of contemporary fashion statements.
Sure it maybe cliché or corny as hell, but what don’t know. And his bit sounded genuine - even if it’s just part of a particular zeitgeist

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #3867 on: February 09, 2024, 03:22:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I thought some of his points about casper were pretty spot on. I hope he manages to cut some of the filler for his next part cause I think that really held him back.

he was on some weird parasocial shit with that one. "i can tell he's vain because he popped his big spin."

he's reached intellectual heights i can't aspire to at this point. 

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #3868 on: February 09, 2024, 06:40:05 AM »
If that dude manualled between the ledge and the stairs at Southbank instead of doing dumb little flips it would have been sick.

Baker and Deathwish are pretty imageless now which is weird. I always found their team wide dress up / cosplay vibes kinda corny but after watching this I kinda miss it.

Merging their style into aligning with Supreme is as boring as it could get and seems a bit ‘hello fellow kids’

He does exactly that several times in his all Southbank part, including the ender which is pretty fucking sick imo (@2:15) and another one @ 0:47

He also does a bunch of the same style of quickfoot lines in there too (ledge, flatground trick, stairs) that are cooler than the ones he does in the BHADW2 part. noseslide pretzel, sw fs shuv, switch tre @ 0:19 and back tail fakie, half cab flip, big flip @ 1:49 are both better sequences using the same format imo

basically i think it didnt really make much sense for him to include those two Southbank clips in his new part when he's already had a whole part at that spot and specifically doing both that exact format of line with better tricks and better format (ledge, manual, stairs). i like the Southbank part and i don't really care that much about the whole "it's a skatepark" thing but including those clips in the new part was a miss imo if only because he's already done essentially the same thing but better in the past.

still really liked the part tho, Casper is fucking sick

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3869 on: February 09, 2024, 06:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He does exactly that several times in his all Southbank part, including the ender which is pretty fucking sick imo (@2:15) and another one @ 0:47

He also does a bunch of the same style of quickfoot lines in there too (ledge, flatground trick, stairs) that are cooler than the ones he does in the BHADW2 part. noseslide pretzel, sw fs shuv, switch tre @ 0:19 and back tail fakie, half cab flip, big flip @ 1:49 are both better sequences using the same format imo

basically i think it didnt really make much sense for him to include those two Southbank clips in his new part when he's already had a whole part at that spot and specifically doing both that exact format of line with better tricks and better format (ledge, manual, stairs). i like the Southbank part and i don't really care that much about the whole "it's a skatepark" thing but including those clips in the new part was a miss imo if only because he's already done essentially the same thing but better in the past.

still really liked the part tho, Casper is fucking sick

thanks for posting been meaning to rewatch since the aforementioned BHADW2 part came out