Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 419804 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #3930 on: March 03, 2024, 02:55:41 AM »
I agreed with most of what he said. One thing I hope stops for 2024, which he’s guilty of doing recently, is the mini my war/bails montage for 1 trick. Don’t get me wrong his crook Nollie 360 flip was sick but we don’t need a 17 min video of him at an indoor yapping about it. And it’s not just him I’m going at its so many people on instagram and YouTube that have been playing this out for years now. Thrasher doing My Wars every once in awhile is cool because it’s usually a high profile trick at an insane spot with a good back story from the skater, filmer, photographer etc. The YouTuber/local homie at the skatepark my wars need to go away.

Yeah, I dunno I like process vids.

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 93
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #3931 on: March 03, 2024, 05:45:52 AM »
I agreed with most of what he said. One thing I hope stops for 2024, which he’s guilty of doing recently, is the mini my war/bails montage for 1 trick. Don’t get me wrong his crook Nollie 360 flip was sick but we don’t need a 17 min video of him at an indoor yapping about it. And it’s not just him I’m going at its so many people on instagram and YouTube that have been playing this out for years now. Thrasher doing My Wars every once in awhile is cool because it’s usually a high profile trick at an insane spot with a good back story from the skater, filmer, photographer etc. The YouTuber/local homie at the skatepark my wars need to go away.

These kinda videos are his best content

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #3932 on: March 03, 2024, 06:10:16 AM »
I wonder what which pros make more money than him at this point. He could possibly make north of 250k annually with his Patreon, YouTube and Twitch numbers.

djoekr

• Rep: 321
« Reply #3933 on: March 03, 2024, 06:21:09 AM »
I wonder what which pros make more money than him at this point. He could possibly make north of 250k annually with his Patreon, YouTube and Twitch numbers.

Yo what's good Crob?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -526
« Reply #3934 on: March 03, 2024, 06:50:00 AM »

Probably makes more than a lot of pros, but I’ve found people are fine with someone who’s not pro making mid six figures in the indusrty.

KrisJolson

« Reply #3935 on: March 03, 2024, 07:04:57 AM »

there is just no way. he would need regular advertising partners to reach even close to that

seriously would be suprised if its even over 60k after tax, his numbers arent that big

kitcatski

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3936 on: March 03, 2024, 07:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there is just no way. he would need regular advertising partners to reach even close to that

seriously would be suprised if its even over 60k after tax, his numbers arent that big
Right now he has 2609 paid members on Patreon with his cheapest tier being $4.99. Lets say that each member was in the $4.99 tier and that Patreon takes a 20% cut. That alone is ~$10,400 a month

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #3937 on: March 03, 2024, 08:33:15 AM »

I expect it’s a lot more than most pros, but significantly less than $250,000/y, once you factor in taxes and the various fees from the services he utilizes. He’s also not particularly good at or interested in monetizing his YouTube channel, so the revenue there is probably best to nothing. I have absolutely no idea how Twitch works, but I’d be surprised if he was making significantly money there, as well.

But yeah, the ~$10k/month from Patreon is nothing to sneeze at.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

KrisJolson

« Reply #3938 on: March 03, 2024, 10:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Right now he has 2609 paid members on Patreon with his cheapest tier being $4.99. Lets say that each member was in the $4.99 tier and that Patreon takes a 20% cut. That alone is ~$10,400 a month

after tax thats roughly 6k/month, probably a good bit less since not everyone is paying 4.99

some of you guys must be like 15, failed math class, or just have no real life experience

notskatetheorist

• Rep: -20
« Reply #3939 on: March 03, 2024, 10:18:14 AM »
6k a month is probably more than 99% of pro skaters because pro skater pay is not good at all. Probably only the top 20 guys even compare unless they have other businesses.

California cost of living is crazy though so I wouldn't think he is just balling out of control. Lives good for providing good entertainment though.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3940 on: March 03, 2024, 10:28:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

after tax thats roughly 6k/month, probably a good bit less since not everyone is paying 4.99

Please explain by what mechanism a paid subscriber pays less than the minimum of $4.99?

Patreon takes 5%, so his pretax monthly income from Patreon alone is a minimum of approximately $12,500. It’s actually guaranteed to be more than that, because there are subscribers at the $9.99 tier.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 03:10:04 AM by manysnakes »

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 47
« Reply #3941 on: March 03, 2024, 12:41:40 PM »
I doubt we'll see much primo slides considering they are incredibly, and i mean incredibly, difficult. Tried one last year for a few hours on 4/5 separate days, still haven't landed it

Can he read

« Reply #3942 on: March 03, 2024, 12:44:03 PM »

Nobody is making you watch anything, my guy. Let other people enjoy things.

kitcatski

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3943 on: March 03, 2024, 01:13:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

some of you guys must be like 15, failed math class, or just have no real life experience
Like I said the cheapest tier is 4.99, you can't subscribe for less than that. I was being conservative and assuming everyone subbed at 4.99 when obviously there will be people subbing for 9.99. And I gave a 20% patreon fee when I'm sure it's much less than that. When income is discussed nobody uses post tax numbers, it is always gross income. Some of you guys must not be very bright.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
« Reply #3944 on: March 03, 2024, 01:53:42 PM »
and he didnt even have to start a revive to do that

left knee cap

• Rep: 117
  • $$$$
« Reply #3945 on: March 03, 2024, 06:42:49 PM »

i mean he posts that on his alternate channel, so it's separate from what he posts on his main - which focuses more on the 'hating' aspect of his personality.

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3946 on: March 03, 2024, 06:52:16 PM »
size up on the polar surf pants for the ultimate functional sag

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #3947 on: March 03, 2024, 10:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I didn’t say anyone was making me watch these. I don’t watch them, usually just fast forward to the end for the clip. I see more than enough of these style videos from beginners, YouTube skaters, local park hero’s. I understand some people like the process, but I’m not a fan of watching 100 bails with the yap over. It’s corny. Call me old fashioned, I guess. This is just my opinion, you don’t have to agree and that’s fine.

Banned from the room

« Reply #3948 on: March 03, 2024, 10:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Seems like in the early 00s the warped slomo was reserved for the ender or two. The hammers. The Berrics then over killed it with their Bangin! Series of clips by late 00s early 10s

Par example

https://youtu.be/RYrp8_AZH7g?si=OHE0btdlLqbkmTYx

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=iCO3k9zzLPCjI_X4&v=RYrp8_AZH7g&feature=youtu.be

Nobody wanted to be associated with that

Edit: fuck idk how to embed anymore lol sorry old
[close]
Got you. Slap don't like mobile htmls no mo

[close]
Cool thanks. I saw the thread about needing the normal webpage but I’m always on mobile here

I've watched that switch shuv switch crooks fakie flip 700k times.
PJ said it all. Every tasteful selection done to perfection. I wish I had the guts to stick with my ledge dreams through my 30s. I wanna feel the power from that kinda flip out from a deep pinch just once in my life.

Feel the slap of the grip and put it down like I'm tryna break something.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3949 on: March 03, 2024, 10:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I dunno I like process vids.

I respect the process, I just don’t care to see it from everyone and any trick. I just watched Figgy’s new YouTube vid and that was something really enjoyable to watch.

doyle

• Rep: 213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3950 on: March 04, 2024, 02:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I didn’t say anyone was making me watch these. I don’t watch them, usually just fast forward to the end for the clip. I see more than enough of these style videos from beginners, YouTube skaters, local park hero’s. I understand some people like the process, but I’m not a fan of watching 100 bails with the yap over. It’s corny. Call me old fashioned, I guess. This is just my opinion, you don’t have to agree and that’s fine.

But if you don't watch them, and you understand that some people like these types of videos, why would you hope that he stops making them?

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3951 on: March 04, 2024, 08:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

But if you don't watch them, and you understand that some people like these types of videos, why would you hope that he stops making them?

I think these videos are corny for a skatepark and a little on the boring side for a tech ledge trick. It’s too much on the YouTube/vlog side of skating for my personal preference. I’m sure there’s tons of videos people enjoy that I don’t like and vice versa. Every YouTube skater like Braille and other lames make videos similar to this that other people enjoy watching. And Joa has a strong fan base and copy cats so by him doing those videos you’re bound to see more from others.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3952 on: March 04, 2024, 09:44:33 PM »
You guys can stop now

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3953 on: March 05, 2024, 12:25:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Comin' out hard with the post tax numbers for earnings ain't how it works.

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3954 on: March 05, 2024, 09:12:40 AM »

Can he read

« Reply #3955 on: March 05, 2024, 10:26:18 AM »

Banned from the room

« Reply #3956 on: March 05, 2024, 11:02:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We got Migos at the house

I try not to hate on clothes much but...

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #3957 on: March 05, 2024, 02:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Comin' out hard with the post tax numbers for earnings ain't how it works.

3560 Patreon Members @4.99 minimum: $17,764 monthly. $213,172 annually. Minus 8% Patreon Pro fee = $196,118 Gross annually. (his Patreon fee may be grandfathered in at 5%)

YouTube: Since he released his street part last year, his YT has roughly 1,946,190 views. @ a YT average pay rate of .018 per view = $35,031 Gross. Payout can increase based on actual ads viewed.

I'm too lazy to figure out what the fuck a twitch is.

Without Twitch, his low-end, GROSS total is roughly $231,149

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:34:42 AM by Robert Baratheon »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 900
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #3958 on: March 05, 2024, 03:31:12 PM »
Damn I’m gonna ask him if I can borrow some money. I’m good for it.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #3959 on: March 05, 2024, 04:40:47 PM »
Lot of pocket watching going on here...suspect.